Official Rangers v Hearts thread.

japanjambo

its not on yet. think it was 2.50 last week

2-50??? bloody chancers.

I can't get bbc at my work and there's no way I can listen to der hun commentary :(

Oooh, I'm getting all nervy and excited - thank feck the footie is back!!

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryan Gosling
As soon as I seen the lineup I said we'll lose. I'm not happy with MacDonald in goals.

It's not exactly Nostradamus-like to say we'll lose at Ibrox.

:P

Malcolm Tucker
Please, dont go down the "What would Vlad have to gain" route - as we all know, Vlad does not play with a full deck.

Macdonald played in a Scottish cup final? So did John Stewart, as did Scott Dobie - and they are both ****e.

****e players can play in Scottish Cup finals.

Ps

Good luck Jamie.

Fair point man, but I think he was more referring to the fact he knows the pressure and the atmosphere and knows how to handle it now after two big games at Hampden. Rather than saying he was a world beater etc etc.

rudi must stay
I'm not nervous - no one expects us to get anything from the game today.

everyone does, even the scotsman predicted a draw

marshallschunkychicken
everyone does, even the scotsman predicted a draw

That's exactly what has had me s******g myself all this week.

It's not exactly Nostradamus-like to say we'll lose at Ibrox.

:P

:laugh:

I'd have preferred Thomson replaced at right back and for MacDonald not to be in goals. Anytime I've seen him play for QOTS he's always had an error in the match, always. Also, should he really be put into the starting lineup at Ibrox?

I'd much rather Banks played this game.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Csaba says we're "very active" in the transfer market, we want to sign another goalkeeper.

Will the Niemi rumour resurface again?

Ray Winstone

I'd have preferred Thomson replaced at right back and for MacDonald not to be in goals. Anytime I've seen him play for QOTS he's always had an error in the match, always. Also, should he really be put into the starting lineup at Ibrox?

Banks is the goalkeeper coach.

winston churchill

correct

he could/should have made the change at home to st.midden.

winston churchill
Will the Niemi rumour resurface again?

nope

i think you'll find it's the chap from his homeland.

Banks is the goalkeeper coach.

When was this agreed though?

Banks playing today should have been common sense IMO.

Broxburn Jambo
In Glasgow for the game and the rumour doing the rounds is that mccoist has been sacked for punching martin bain. Anyone able to confirm?

This is not me I have a doppleganger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big game for the lad, but sometimes, being thrown in at the deep end makes a man of you.

Good luck and put the shutters up Jamie.

Hi Lynn, where's my glass?

:toasting:

:ph34r:

Dirk Diggler

Csaba has been saying for weeks that Banks' position needed clarifying.

This is hardly a surprise.

Good luck to the young lad.

whats Stevie Banks ever done to deserve such a shafting?

I bet he doesn't want to give up playing so will be on his way soon

Drop Banks and play an inexperienced youngster against Rangers

He makes a couple of mistakes and the Kaunus man becomes first choice

How utterly predictable

He made a serious error last week, handled the ball outside the box and was very lucky to get away with it. On another day that could have easily been a red card and 3 points lost.

Personally I would have still kept him in for this game, but Banks hasn't been flawless.

Ibrahim Tall
This is not me I have a doppleganger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McCoist seems to fighting with Bain on a daily basis. :P

When was this agreed though?

Banks playing today should have been common sense IMO.

It could be argued that this is exactly the right game to do this in. Laszlo has stated several times that this is an 'easy' game in that there is no expectation for us to get a result.

Surely it is better to give McDonald his debut in a game whereby we aren't really expecting to get a result, than risk him in a game against St Mirren where we are expected to win?

At the end of the day I cannot help but feel that some people have got a bit ahead of themselves this week. Look at the respective forward lines today....

Velicka and Boyd v Mole and Ksanavicius. Two proven SPL goalscorers against two forwards who managed one SPL goal between them last season. This was always going to be a game Hearts were going to struggle to get anything from, even if Lev Yashin was in goals for us. I'd love to be proved wrong.

Ive got ?30 on Hearts to win. That keeper change is worrying me now tho. Not the right game for MacDonald to make his debut..next week at home to St Mirren would have been better. But I hope he proves me wrong and has a cracking game.:slither:

arghhhhhhhhhhhhh come on hearts! Lets get something out of this ****!

I'm getting all nervous.............I'm gonna be at work for the first half so I'm not gonna check the score till I get in the car!!!!

Hopefully 0-0 at half time and a 85 minute stewart long ranger! lol I can dream

It could be argued that this is exactly the right game to do this in. Laszlo has stated several times that this is an 'easy' game in that there is no expectation for us to get a result.

Surely it is better to give McDonald his debut in a game whereby we aren't really expecting to get a result, than risk him in a game against St Mirren where we are expected to win?

At the end of the day I cannot help but feel that some people have got a bit ahead of themselves this week. Look at the respective forward lines today....

Velicka and Boyd v Mole and Ksanavicius. Two proven SPL goalscorers against two forwards who managed one SPL goal between them last season. This was always going to be a game Hearts were going to struggle to get anything from, even if Lev Yashin was in goals for us. I'd love to be proved wrong.

thats actually a very good point. because our record is so bad there, any result is a bonus (usually) so perhaps this isn't the disaster some people think.

i just hope jamie has a great game

I dunno man.

To play McDonald today is madness. I just cant see how a football man would make the decision to play McDonald in a huge game at Ibrox.

The pitch is green, we have a ball, a referee and rules.

Dr Ian Malcolm

If we keep omitting McDonald from the bigger games then how is he meant to gain any experience and perform in them later in his career? The earlier he plays in them, the quicker he gets used to them, then the more liely he is to perform in them consistently in the long term.

Several were crying out for him to be recalled last year and given a chance. Now he has and all of a sudden he's not ready. Personally I'm more worried about Thomson. Not sure what Lafferty's like, but if its McCulloch on the left he may get bullied.

We don't have a referee. Rangers might well have though ....

Ray Winstone

Although the balls are different colours.

Heartsofgold
A bit premature but think its totally Csabas decision ,its in line with what he was saying that he didnt like the fact that banks was doing 2 jobs ,would have waited to next week myself but shows Csabas confidence in his squad.

Hope Jamie has a great day.

And playing Craig Gordon against Bordeaux turned out to be such a bad decision didn't it. this laddie is the future so give him a chance!!

No danger is this the right game, I'd have preferred him to have his debut at Tynie against a weaker team. I don't believe many Hearts fans will be happy with this decision.

We're forced to play Mole which I'm not to fussed about as our goals will need to come from midfielders. Lets just hope he can run Bougherra and Weir ragged.

C'mon the Hearts!!!

Afternoon boys and girls.

Not convinced by McDonald and would have prefered Banksy but the decision is made so you gotta get behind the lad so -

Good luck Jamie and C'mon the JT's, get stuck into this lot.

ANybody have a nice link to the game? Please PM me.

Bill - it's being streamed live on video on Hearts World.

Archived