Official Rangers v Hearts thread.

japanjambo

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

id agree with le chats you are the only person whos seen it that thinks the original booking was just... Mod Edit

The People's Chimp

never ever a pen. shocking. shocking decision. especially after we were denied AND the miko red.

Chad Sexington
Lee Wallace is a ****ing idiot.

The guy is absolutely ****.

He's murder.

The sooner Obua starts the better.

Looked a pen on my feed. He was at fault for both goals.

Man of the match. Stuart Dougal. (Rangers).

See now the season has really started.

Dodgy refs, Miko back to being a clown (not my opinion) and the OF both getting penalties.

Only positive is that when talking about the game they said "Hearts denied a penalty. Hearts get a player sent off. Then Rangers get a penalty - what a surprise". At least some of the media are starting to open their eyes.

gotta laugh at this

gary mackay at the end "i think dougal is usually a good lad but today he was an utter ****"

He's murder.

The sooner Obua starts the better.

Looked a pen on my feed. He was at fault for both goals.

Man of the match. Stuart Dougal. (Rangers).

Hopefully Obua will be fit for next week, would give us a boost.

Wallace is 1st division standard, completely clueless for both goals.

Only positive is that when talking about the game they said "Hearts denied a penalty. Hearts get a player sent off. Then Rangers get a penalty - what a surprise". At least some of the media are starting to open their eyes.

who said that toggie??

i was listening on HW

Ryan Gosling

Papac pulls Miko's shirt, Miko booked.

Driver hits it, handled, no pen.

Wallace gets a toe on the ball, penalty.

Although Dougal gave them all the big decisions for a change, we didn't look like getting anything. The fact remains it is the same team as last season who were not good enough. Miko, who seems to be hated by so many is a least one of the triers. Kingston, who appears to be god to so many was rubbish again, and didn't look to be trying a leg.

Shabba had a good start last week, but it's papering over the cracks.

Pretty gutless performance from Hearts IMO. Never looked like they believed they would get a result.

Kingston is a passenger (again) - we should cash our chips in on him.

Dougal could not wait to send of Miko, although Miko gave him plenty of ammunition to do just that.

Clubfoot dived in the first half, the BBC Scotland team played it down - almost laughing at him doing it.

We really need to get Tullberg fit. Hopefully he can help Mole out who today ran his heart out and looked sharp - but was badly exposed on his own.

Far too many squad players and not enough class in the team.

Csaba would have probably known, but today showed him how big a job he has.

Castle Magyar
...At least some of the media are starting to open their eyes.

Perhaps, but we lost the 3 points - and even more importantly, we hardly threatened Rangers goals in 90 minutes against a poor RFC team at that.

I'm sure Csaba will take note and as the season progresses we'll see improvement.

wallace lasck the required pace and positional sense to be a left back the sooner obua fit the better.

FECKIN TYPICAL - Miko first was soft - he went down easy BUT there was contact, then second suppose was a yellow, but it was his first challenge in the game. If a rangers player was to do the same would he get booked? I doubt it. Then penalty denied - WAS A PENALTY, hit arm = PENALTY. Then as I said when that was denied i said "they'll get a penalty now". It was so bloody predictable. RANT OVER

Did Trigger get a toe on the ball at the pen ?

Looked like it to me, he slid beside Miller and looked to get ball and man at the same time

No chance in hell that would have been given at the other end

David McCaig

Disappointing result, although the first goal came from a free kick that never was (admittedly followed by poor defending from Wallace)

The 2nd was the typical tale of two penalty shouts, I was going to say two contentious shouts but to be honest whilst the Bougherra handball was in the some given some not camp, the Rangers penalty was more poor play from Wallace.

That said there was a lot about our performance to be encouraged about.

As I said at half-time our fitness and organisation was great, even towards the end of the 90 mins with 10 men we seemed to have more in the tank than Rangers.

Given that Csaba was still working with last seasons squad today he seems to be doing an excellent job at making the most of what he has at his disposal.

More importantly, he seems to be focusing his signings on the areas of greatest need, godspeed the arrival of David Obua at left back.

Jamie Mole certainly didnt play badly, but Mike Tullberg will be a welcome addition up front.

The highlight for me today was Zaliukas' performance, absolutely first class in my opinion and he and Berra have the potential to become the SPLs finest centre back pairing.

Miller Jambo 60
never ever a pen. shocking. shocking decision. especially after we were denied AND the miko red.

THE REF IS A CHEAT END OFF

Regular John

What's the point in even debating the decisons of these corrupt reptiles?

They'll never be exposed for the corruption and the lies that they pedal.

Rangers were never going to lose today, never in a million years.

David Murray buys off Journalists, do you really beleive referees do not benefit from his fruits?

Hilary Briss

Nevin said on telly ref was murder, he said

not a foul for freekick at 1st goal

not a sending off

and Broadfoot should have been booked for blatant dive

How did keeper do???

Miller Jambo 60

Toggie sick of watching us being cheated.

Miko should have stayed, that ref will never be a ref , maybe a labour man:p

FECKIN TYPICAL - Miko first was soft - he went down easy BUT there was contact, then second suppose was a yellow, but it was his first challenge in the game. If a rangers player was to do the same would he get booked? I doubt it. Then penalty denied - WAS A PENALTY, hit arm = PENALTY. Then as I said when that was denied i said "they'll get a penalty now". It was so bloody predictable. RANT OVER

There was some absolutely shocking challenges in the first half that didn't even get pulled up never mind booked. I think he couldn't wait to send Miko off, he could have easily pulled him to one side and said once more and you're off

Watched the game on Heartsworld...

The penalty was definitely a penalty, very clumsy tackle from Wallace and I would be screaming for it if it was at the other end.

Our penalty appeal was never valid, it did hit Bougherra's hand but would have been unbelievably harsh.

Miko's second booking was justified as studs were showing but the first booking was ridiculous. He WAS fouled by Papac and yes he made a little much of it but it was a foul nonetheless. Hang your head in shame Stuart Dougal:mad:

Nevin said on telly ref was murder, he said

not a foul for freekick at 1st goal

not a sending off

and Broadfoot should have been booked for blatant dive

How did keeper do???

Didnt seem to do anything wrong.

The People's Chimp
THE REF IS A CHEAT END OFF

The odds are stacked so unfairly when you play rantic. Rangers were throwing themselves into every challenge at full pelt, studs up, really hard. But they kew they could do that, because if they went down, they would get the freekick. Look at Larry's booking for the 70/30 that thompshun lunged into, studs up. ridiculous. Then, any time a hearts player went 50/50 it was a hun freekick.

With that as your starting point, you're not going to stand much chance.

That's not to say we should not have had more of a go, and run at them and so on, but you still have to acknowldege that dougal was not going to allow us to take anything from that game. He was itching to send miko off as soon as he came on. I said the same to my mate, as soon as that yellow came out, that miko would walk. Then, the pen incidents were so predictable, i again said "pen for rankgers to win 2-0" wish i'd staked ma hoose on it.

scottish football = sfa = :slither:

Watched the game on Heartsworld...

The penalty was definitely a penalty, very clumsy tackle from Wallace and I would be screaming for it if it was at the other end.

Our penalty appeal was never valid, it did hit Bougherra's hand but would have been unbelievably harsh.

Miko's second booking was justified as studs were showing but the first booking was ridiculous. He WAS fouled by Papac and yes he made a little much of it but it was a foul nonetheless. Hang your head in shame Stuart Dougal:mad:

I agree with you on all of that. I just cant get my head round Miko going in like that just minutes after getting booked (even if he felt hard done by). Pure stupidity.

alwaysthereinspirit
The odds are stacked so unfairly when you play rantic. Rangers were throwing themselves into every challenge at full pelt, studs up, really hard. But they kew they could do that, because if they went down, they would get the freekick. Look at Larry's booking for the 70/30 that thompshun lunged into, studs up. ridiculous. Then, any time a hearts player went 50/50 it was a hun freekick.

With that as your starting point, you're not going to stand much chance.

That's not to say we should not have had more of a go, and run at them and so on, but you still have to acknowldege that dougal was not going to allow us to take anything from that game. He was itching to send miko off as soon as he came on. I said the same to my mate, as soon as that yellow came out, that miko would walk. Then, the pen incidents were so predictable, i again said "pen for rankgers to win 2-0" wish i'd staked ma hoose on it.

scottish football = sfa = :slither:

It's really tough being an honest football fan in Scotland. The sad thing is that in the last 5 years with all the live games and highlights it's become even more obvious that Scottish fotball has a huge problem. Yet the media reports nothing along those lines. Mad was right. We wont be allowed to win the league. "WE" being every team in Scotland.:sad:

Felt Miko's first yellow was soft, the Rangers man definitely moved into him after the ball had passed him, seemed to me more his shoulder than arm. Nothing either way would have been fair. I will say though that Miko showed an extreme lack of common sense, he heard the boos when he came on. We all knew and even the commentator commented that it was a hold over from the Euro qualifying game. Miko should have known he was a marked man and been more alert.

The second yellow in some games possibly would have been awarded, but considering the mayhem that went on just before half time it showed a lack of consistency in the refereeing.

I have to think it would be to everyones benefit if Miko was moved on away from Scottish football, he is obviously a marked man, and this is detrimental to both he, and particularly Hearts.

Fareastjambo

Typical result from a game against the OF - man sent off and penalty awarded - to the opposition! I knew when Miko was a goner, that a penalty would follow. Some things never change. It's sickening. I'm not saying these events changed the game, but how on earth can other SPL teams even stand a chance when the OF play with 12 men! I am raging.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I was encouraged by the fact that there didn't seem to be a fear factor amongst the players.

I wasn't encouraged by the lack of creativity and chances.

Csaba,as a newcomer to the Scottish game should politely ask for a meeting with "top ref" Dougal and Donald McVicar. So that they can run through the game today and tell him the differences between foul/no foul... yellow card/no yellow.... penalty/no penalty..simulation/not simulation in the eyes of Scottish referees. Give him an insight into the interpretation here. ;);)

The SPL are worried about Hearts indiscipline so surely they would be willing to help :rolleyes:

As for the game,as said by others,ok stuff,tried to play but no edge.

David McCaig

The ironic thing about Miko, was that he actually looked very sharp in the time he was on the pitch.

The first yellow card came as a result of him skinning Papac, he also chased back well and showed a couple of lovely touches.

That said you're always walking a tight-rope with a yellow next to your name and the challenge that got him sent off was just stupid.

With regards to MacDonald - could he have done better for the first goal? Probably not and I suppose the fact that we ask the question shows how spoilt we were to have Craig Gordon.

He did really well to come off his line and block Boyds shot, but made a complete mess of a cross from the right hand side to present Boyd with a difficult chance that he wasted.

His kicking was excellent, but ultimately like McKenzie and Banks before him, his lack of height will stop him saving shots that a bigger keeper would save.

Ryan Gosling
I was encouraged by the fact that there didn't seem to be a fear factor amongst the players.

I wasn't encouraged by the lack of creativity and chances.

I'd say that's fair.

I think Tullberg and Obua will definitely give us a new dimension.

I'd be tempted to play them up front together incidentally.

Watched the game at a mate's, a poor performance.

We created nothing at all, one half chance to Ksnavicius, who is a waste of a jersey.

Miko was harsh to be booked for diving, although he make the most of it. Idiotic second booking, deserved to go. He's got to learn from this.

Never a penalty for us, Bougherra wasn't facing the ball, hit his upper arm. Never get that at Ibrox in a million years.

Clear penalty for Rangers. Wallace gets the ball, but only after he'd gone through Miller. Wouldn't have been a penalty at the other end, but that's how things go at Ibrox.

Kingston was rotten, no commitment what so ever. He needs to up his work rate 100% or dropped. McDonald isn't ready for first team football, too shaky, too many errors.

Zaliukas was very good at the back, really coming on. Thomson looks a lot more assured, done quite well. Nade looked interested when he came on, cause the Rangers defence in to a few errors.

Archived