Official Rangers v Hearts thread.

japanjambo

Hilary Briss
Hearts: MacDonald; Thomson, Zaliukas, Berra, Wallace; Kingston, Stewart, Karipidis, Driver; Ksanavicius; Mole.

:eek:

Thats bizarre.....hope Csaba hasnt made his first blunder. Seems too big a game to make a change like that......hope I'm wrong though.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
winston churchill
Sorry folks, just cant see that being a Csaba decision.

Utter madness.

banks must have vlad flu.

hey lynn

crack open the sake and lets get this party started!!

'mon the jamboooooosss

Pop! :toasting:

Ryan Gosling

Utter madness.

Mate, surely Romanov would force Kello to play

Chad Sexington
You make me sick :mad: give the guy a chance, i've seen him play so many times and I've told him that he is just as good as Gordon!!

Get over yourself you goon.

Where have I said I dont rate him. I'm simply surprised at the decision.

As for your last sentence, you're clearly on drugs.

:rolleyes:

winston churchill
You make me sick :mad: give the guy a chance, i've seen him play so many times and I've told him that he is just as good as Gordon!!

:hobofish:

Ibrahim Tall
whats Stevie Banks ever done to deserve such a shafting?

I bet he doesn't want to give up playing so will be on his way soon

Drop Banks and play an inexperienced youngster against Rangers

He makes a couple of mistakes and the Kaunus man becomes first choice

How utterly predictable

It's hardly a "shafting", Csaba told him didn't want him coaching and playing and told him to settle on one role. From the look of things he's obviously picked the former, which given he'll be probably done in a year and in the meantime we'd already have a new GK in place is probably the more sensible option for him.

Csaba stated recently that Banks was number 1 choice and Jamie was doing well but quite a bit behind as number 2. That was the reason he had wanted someone else in. Suddenly MacDonald is good enough, after Csaba signs Kello????

Bizarre, I never seen that happening today.........c'mon Jamie son, right behind ya.

Mate, surely Romanov would force Kello to play

I dunno man.

To play McDonald today is madness. I just cant see how a football man would make the decision to play McDonald in a huge game at Ibrox.

ToadKiller Dog

Utter madness.

A bit premature but think its totally Csabas decision ,its in line with what he was saying that he didnt like the fact that banks was doing 2 jobs ,would have waited to next week myself but shows Csabas confidence in his squad.

Hope Jamie has a great day.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Utter madness.

According to Lawrence on Talk 107, it was decided between Vlad, Kookaburra and Csaba to make Banksy a full-time coach in light of signing Kello.

I wonder if Balogh will now come in as well?

A bit premature but think its totally Csabas decision ,its in line with what he was saying that he didnt like the fact that banks was doing 2 jobs ,would have waited to next week myself but shows Csabas confidence in his squad.

Hope Jamie has a great day.

Not the right game to put Banks on to his coaching role.

Ray Winstone

Utter madness.

Nonsense.

What would Vlad have to gain by puting McDonald in over Kello????

Just people looking too much into Banks taking the coaching role.

Csaba went on about it for 5 minutes in the press conference how Banks had to do one or the other - not both.

As for it being risky playing McDonald at Ibrox - He has played in a Scottish cup final - he knows what its all about!

winston churchill
According to Lawrence on Talk 107, it was decided between Vlad, Kookaburra and Csaba to make Banksy a full-time coach in light of signing Kello.

I wonder if Balogh will now come in as well?

vlads always at his madest when we go to ibrox or the sangiro:mad:

I dunno man.

To play McDonald today is madness. I just cant see how a football man would make the decision to play McDonald in a huge game at Ibrox.

He must think he's our best option at the moment.

He didn't look good enough to me in the SC games I saw him play.

winston churchill
Nonsense.

Csaba went on about it for 5 minutes in the press conference how Banks had to do one or the other - not both.

As for it being risky playing McDonald at Ibrox - He has played in a Scottish cup final - he knows what its all about![/QUOTE]

and sold two goals.

uncle walter must be licking his lips

It's hardly a "shafting", Csaba told him didn't want him coaching and playing and told him to settle on one role. From the look of things he's obviously picked the former, which given he'll be probably done in a year and in the meantime we'd already have a new GK in place is probably the more sensible option for him.

I think Banks should have been kept in for this game then in our next 2 games (St Mirren and Airdrie) we could give MacDonald the nod since there won?t be as much pressure.

But then I could be wrong as I haven?t seen them training.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Good move. Shows Rangers we're not scared of them. Also, if Banks has decided to coach now it's absolutely right that MacDonald gets a chance before Kello - both for Jamie's development and the morale of the entire squad.

Ryan Gosling

Teams

Rangers: McGregor; Broadfoot, Bougherra, Weir, Papac; McCulloch, Mendes, Thomson, Lafferty; Velicka, Boyd.

Subs: Alexander, Fleck, Furman, Miller, Dailly, Beasley, Darcheville.

He didn't look good enough to me in the SC games I saw him play.

I trust th it is a Csaba decision, but I wouldn't know - just like the rest of us, however, I would have dropped Banks based on last week's performance.

Good keeper, but not brilliant and I don't think he is better than Jamie at the mo'

Big game for the lad, but sometimes, being thrown in at the deep end makes a man of you.

Good luck and put the shutters up Jamie.

Hi Lynn, where's my glass?

Walter Bishop

Good luck today Jamie McDonald, deserve your chance, also good to see unchanged line-up (outfield players) continuity is a good thing imo!!

Come on the Mighty JT`s!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nonsense.

As for it being risky playing McDonald at Ibrox - He has played in a Scottish cup final - he knows what its all about!

Please, dont go down the "What would Vlad have to gain" route - as we all know, Vlad does not play with a full deck.

Macdonald played in a Scottish cup final? So did John Stewart, as did Scott Dobie - and they are both ****e.

****e players can play in Scottish Cup finals.

Ps

Good luck Jamie.

This could be a huge day in the development of JM as a keeper. It happens to everybody at some point in time and today it's his turn... Sink or swim time Jamie. Go an do the biz for us mate an make urself the new number one! We're all behind you!

COME ON THE HEARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

urgh

since HW isn't on yet, i'm listening on der hun commentary. what a bunch of ladygardens

i feel grubby :sad:

oh BTW

peanut, what is that beside your name??

Ryan Gosling
What worries me about the stickies line-up is their height advantage.

Absolutely no pace in their team though, which is good for us.

Pretty sure Csaba said in his press conference yesterday that he wanted Banks to be a coach and not a player/coach so now that he has two goalkeepers (Csaba obviously not rating Basso) it makes sense that Banks be a coach.

It is obviously a risky move to make by doing this against Rangers but then when would the change be done? McDonald could flourish or flounder just as easily against St Mirren as he could Rangers.

Geoff Kilpatrick
urgh

since HW isn't on yet, i'm listening on der hun commentary. what a bunch of ladygardens

i feel grubby :sad:

oh BTW

peanut, what is that beside your name??

Stick Talk 107 on.

oh dear god

commentator saying that we are a third world country and so insular because mendes had no idea who celtic & rangers well, and had to google them!

i'm a bit surprised that given the behaviour of the fans he was bound to have seen on the internet he still chose to go to them :confused:

oh, interview coming up with mikey stewart in a moment

Which is fair enough but you would have thought he was good enough last week. Strange decision although i have no real problem with JM but if he was to play it should have been last week IMO.

rudi must stay

would be more worried if Kello was in goals. He doesn't know the guys in front of him, atleast MacDonald does

Destruction Derby

Big surprise with Jamie being in goal but lets get right behind him,

Gordon done it in Bordeaux, MacDonald can do it at Ibrox.

MON THE HEARTS !!!!!!!!!

Dagger Is Back
What worries me about the stickies line-up is their height advantage.

That was just what I was thinking. Could be a big big problem for us with Weir, Boyd and Lafferty.

If Jamie Macs good enough then he should be able to handle Ibrox just fine. I thought Banksy was a bit shaky last week TBH - didn't command his box nearly well enough.

At least we've got clarification on Banks' role now. That leaves us with just MacDonald and Kello. Whilst I'm certainly nervous about Jamie Mac starting I'd be ten times worse if it was Kello.

urgh

since HW isn't on yet ...

When does the HW commentary come on? half two?

marshallschunkychicken

Big gamble putting Jamie between the sticks today. If we lose heavily today, this will be enough proof for some that nothing has changed at Hearts.

This place could get ugly later :unsure:

At least we've got clarification on Banks' role now. That leaves us with just MacDonald and Kello. Whilst I'm certainly nervous about Jamie Mac starting I'd be ten times worse if it was Kello.

Fair point. ;)

Three up front for the huns? Always thought Velicka and boyd were too similar to play at the same time tbh! might be in with a chance if we can overrun their midfield !

Ibrahim Tall
Three up front for the huns? Always thought Velicka and boyd were too similar to play at the same time tbh! might be in with a chance if we can overrun their midfield !

Lafferty's been playing on the wing recently apparently, might be doing the same today. McCulloch & Lafferty against as winger doesn't worry me much tbh.

When does the HW commentary come on? half two?

its not on yet. think it was 2.50 last week

Archived