Cuellar ofski?

mutley

portobellojambo1
If the current buns come in for CB then Vlad should put in a 150k bid for Ferguson.

Is he not a tad on the short side for a centre half.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is he not a tad on the short side for a centre half.

He could wave his crutches in the air to give him extra reach.

Drylaw Hearts
An incredible figure.... especially when you consider that have all been bought... not ones come through their yoofs.

I hear that several of their Youth players that were on the fringes of the First Team last Season are looking for a move.

What chance does a lad have when he has 9 strikers in front him ?

They are looking at Ross McCormack as an example of what they could possibly achieve.

This is an excellent piece of news. I think this was on the cards before Rangers were knocked out of europe(maybe not to Villa) hence the reason he didnt play in the game at Kaunas, I wouldn't be surprised if this was held off till this week to make sure that it wasnt before Rangers AGM, which was last friday I believe.

I don't think Smith will see any of the money for replacements which can only be good for us this weekend.

I hear that several of their Youth players that were on the fringes of the First Team last Season are looking for a move.

They are looking at Ross McCormack as an example of what they could possibly achieve.

The young lad Fleck is meant to be a real prospect.

It makes sense....

Naismith must be well chuffed he chose rangers. What a waste.

Corrie Jambo

I will guarantee there will be some sort of hint from Rangers or the Scottish Mafia (media) that they are going to buy one of our players this week.

Vlad should beat them to it and offer them Berra for a straight swop with KRIS BOYD:

- they get rid of one of their 9 forwards

- the huns will be up in arms

- we get a centre forward who who score at least 15 goals a season

- they get a replacement centre half

- if we are ambitious we then replace him with a new captain Russell Anderson, Mark Reynolds or Alan Stubbs

- or Potter at St Mirren as the cheaper option

Lets go in and stir some sh*t with weedgies

The Future's Maroon

So the first SPL weekends round of fixtures is over.....

Hibs lose at Killie

Talk of revolt at Easter Road dressing room

Celtic perform badly and scrap 1-0 win - from a penalty that wasn't?

Aberdeen lose at home to ICT

Rangers fortunate to win against Falkirk

Rangers (probably) best player Cuellar leaves - rejecting new Gers deal to do so. Their saviour crocked, Boyd to Germany, their keeper linked with exit and fans calling for Walter Smith's head.

Carlsberg don't do weekends, but if they did....they'd be a Jambo

Drylaw Hearts
I will guarantee there will be some sort of hint from Rangers or the Scottish Mafia (media) that they are going to buy one of our players this week.

Vlad should beat them to it and offer them Berra for a straight swop with KRIS BOYD:

- they get rid of one of their 9 forwards

- the huns will be up in arms

- we get a centre forward who who score at least 15 goals a season

- they get a replacement centre half

- if we are ambitious we then replace him with a new captain Russell Anderson, Mark Reynolds or Alan Stubbs

- or Potter at St Mirren as the cheaper option

Lets go in and stir some sh*t with weedgies

By letting the OF know we want to swap our Captain with a guy who hardly starts a game for them ?

:confused:

I don't think you thought your post through.

The Future's Maroon
Ahh, that old trick, not seen it for a while.....absolute stick on it will happen this week. :mad:

Corrie Jambo
By letting the OF know we want to swap our Captain with a guy who hardly starts a game for them ?

:confused:

I don't think you thought your post through.

I have been thinking about it for some time - Boyd scores goals and Berra is an ordinary centre half and is no leader of men. As I said Iwould buy a captain or make Stewart captain

Winnipeg Willie
www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~1363790,00.html[/url]

Fee agreed. huns to lose their best player:)

They were the peeple :)

WheatfieldJambo
10 million euros apparently subject to a medical tomorrow

why has the sum been negotiated in euros when the transfer is between 2 british teams?

why has the sum been negotiated in euros when the transfer is between 2 british teams?

Release clause and the fee which is rumoured to be due to Osasuna as a sell on clause are in Euros apparently.

I don't think that would matter all that much, Paul Hartley after all was prepared to go to Rangers before Celtic put in a bid at the last minute.

Maybe so but,

Vlad made it obvious all along that he wanted over a mill for Hartley.

Their offers were ?600k; ?750k; ?900k; ?1.1m

Wolves publicly offer ?1.5m for Berra, which Hearts turn down - Rangers then come in with a bid of ?1m.

Rangers (reportedly) verbally offer *****hu a contract and Watford agree a price. *****hu claims Rangers then renage on deal and offer much less.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones but, you would be off your head to consider Rangers just now, especially as they have previous in treating players signed from Scottish clubs like cr@p. Add on top your chancesof getting a serious knee injury increase when you move to Greyskull.

Best advice for Berra would be to keep his head down at Tynie (and improve), keep his Scotland squad place, work on an improved Tynie deal with a circa ?3m get out clause.

Don't Celtic only have 2/3 centre halfs just now (one of whom is Caldwell the Clown) although with McManus being captain and left fooded, Berras options would be limited.

EPL or Championship is by far a better option.

10 million euros is a bigger figure than 7.4 million pounds for when the journos beef up there red top rag tag lines.

I think if they are going to sign anyone it will be a midfielder. Don't think they need anymore defenders for spl football.

Agreed.

I would go so far as to suggest that Bougherra was signed to replace Cuellar. I'd wager that he was set to leave the club anyway and that R@ng*rs were banking on that money to strengthen their midfield.

Hans von Luck
Agreed.

I would go so far as to suggest that Bougherra was signed to replace Cuellar. I'd wager that he was set to leave the club anyway and that R@ng*rs were banking on that money to strengthen their midfield.

Yes I agree with all you say above however I dont think the they took into account getting pumped out of Europe by Vlads wee team.

Plan B,C,D and maybee E from Mr Murray.

Yes I agree with all you say above however I dont think the they took into account getting pumped out of Europe by Vlads wee team.

Plan B,C,D and maybee E from Mr Murray.

I also agree.

Funny how Cuellar was not available for the Kaunas games? I wonder if R@ng*rs were "asked" by Villa not to play him.

I also agree.

Funny how Cuellar was not available for the Kaunas games? I wonder if R@ng*rs were "asked" by Villa not to play him.

Their was a rumour in Liverpool that rafa had asked for his exclusion.

Guest JamboRobbo
I also agree.

No no, surely not. He was definately injured.

He'll be miraculously fit for Villa's game on Saturday of course........:P

The forum is experiencing difficulties at the moment due to the number of users currently logged on. Please wait a couple of minutes before hitting 'refresh' to load this page again.

Alternatively, our backup board is located at:

http://followfollow.proboards86.com/

This is automatically opened during busy periods.

Ha Ha Ha melt down time :dribble:

chester copperpot

McCoist walked out of training in disgust this morning.

Turmoil at Ibrox, what a fine day.

No no, surely not. He was definately injured.

He'll be miraculously fit for Villa's game on Saturday of course........:P

....which I suspect will be his second game for Villa, having played in Europe on Thursday. :)

chester copperpot
....which I suspect will be his second game for Villa, having played in Europe on Thursday. :)

apparently Rangers have put this info on their website to induce a bidding war between other Premiership clubs.

This is from a guy who works for Rangers.

apparently Rangers have put this info on their website to induce a bidding war between other Premiership clubs.

This is from a guy who works for Rangers.

That would be odd.

I don't know what good that would do R@ng*rs given there is an agreed minmum fee release clause. Would they rather get the same ?7.8 Million from another club?

chester copperpot
That would be odd.

I don't know what good that would do R@ng*rs given there is an agreed minmum fee release clause. Would they rather get the same ?7.8 Million from another club?

Indeed, but they are hoping that by doing this, it will alert other clubs to bid more for him.

ToadKiller Dog
McCoist walked out of training in disgust this morning.

Should that not read McCoist Waddled out of training in disgust?;)

Indeed, but they are hoping that by doing this, it will alert other clubs to bid more for him.

Not questioning you buddy, but I don't see that as being right. I think the guy that told you that has got his wires crossed. Can you imagine a scenario like this.

RP = "Hi David, It is Rick Parry from Liverpool, we are interested in Carlos Cuellar."

SDM = "Hi Rick, of course you are interested he is a very good defender. He is away speaking to Aston Villa right now."

RP = "Okay, we will match the minimum required fee on his contract, and would like to speak to him once he has finished in Birmingham."

SDM = "Ah, but Rick, there are a lot of teams interested, do you want to pay a little more?"

RP = "Actually David, since you asked so nicely, we can chuck a few million on top of that, will that guarantee us his signature?"

SDM = "No, it won't. As part of his contract we have to let him go if someone bids that much"

RP = "Okay then, we will just bid more as we like you very much, and want you to get a lot of money from us."

Not a chance in hell.

ANY prospective club will know, like us, that the agreed fee is a price that R@ng*rs cannot raise, it is in Cuellar's contract, and will not bid a dime more than that, why should they?

Not questioning you buddy, but I don't see that as being right. I think the guy that told you that has got his wires crossed. Can you imagine a scenario like this.

RP = "Hi David, It is Rick Parry from Liverpool, we are interested in Carlos Cuellar."

SDM = "Hi Rick, of course you are interested he is a very good defender. He is away speaking to Aston Villa right now."

RP = "Okay, we will match the minimum required fee on his contract, and would like to speak to him once he has finished in Birmingham."

SDM = "Ah, but Rick, there are a lot of teams interested, do you want to pay a little more?"

RP = "Actually David, since you asked so nicely, we can chuck a few million on top of that, will that guarantee us his signature?"

SDM = "No, it won't. As part of his contract we have to let him go if someone bids that much"

RP = "Okay then, we will just bid more as we like you very much, and want you to get a lot of money from us."

Not a chance in hell.

ANY prospective club will know, like us, that the agreed fee is a price that R@ng*rs cannot raise, it is in Cuellar's contract, and will not bid a dime more than that, why should they?

Yup.

No club will go above the clause. The only person who would beneift from a bidding war is Cueller himself as he can make more candy floss.

Sorry, Chester - but I think your Rangers source has been at the cooking sherry.

Archived