Cuellar ofski?

mutley

10,000,000 euros, however 4,000,000 of that goes to Osasuna. :)

Where did you hear that?

That would leave Rangers with ?4.7Mil. Grampa Smith will be lucky if he gets ?2Mil to spend.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
portobellojambo1

They are losing a very good player, and it will all depend on how they use the money they get. Smith doesn't have a great record in the transfer market and I am not sure what this guy Bougherra is like. Hopefully a few more duff signings come in.

He (Cuellar) speaks very articulately in the piece on the AVFC site (think Kenny described it as beautiful, wouldn't quite go that far).

Guest Maroon Carpet
I agree. If I was vlad I'd take the utter pish out of rangers if they do come sniffing.... as long as it doesnt bother CB.

hahaha @ Osasuna's 40% sell on clause. ooooft. Thats one shight deal for rangers

Let's hope they and others keep away, we got a good result on Saturday, things under Csaba look good just now, so we really do not need anything to bring the barriers down again do we.

Let's hope they and others keep away, we got a good result on Saturday, things under Csaba look good just now, so we really do not need anything to bring the barriers down again do we.

So you have really hanged your tone. :P

Where did you hear that?

That would leave Rangers with ?4.7Mil. Grampa Smith will be lucky if he gets ?2Mil to spend.

How much of the Hutton cash was reinvested in the team? ;)

Guest Maroon Carpet

Just thinking tho, they will I believe come sniffing for Berra just to possibly test the resolve of the new manager.

Rangers have lost a good defender, and will see Berra as a replacement, but either we put up a not for sale banner, or we just don't sell to our nearest rivals, will this cause any problems do you think?

The Old Tolbooth
10,000,000 euros, however 4,000,000 of that goes to Osasuna. :)

Superb!!

How satisfying is that? :D

Berra wont be sold to der hun, not directly anyway, he may go to Norway en route though just like der hun engineered for Velicka.

Just thinking tho, they will I believe come sniffing for Berra just to possibly test the resolve of the new manager.

Rangers have lost a good defender, and will see Berra as a direct replacement, but either we put up a not for sale banner, or we just don't sell to our nearest rivals, will this cause any problems do you think?

With Csaba involved I would hope it doesnt cause a problem... we really have no cover to go selling CB and Csaba will know this.

portobellojambo1
It looks like that Murray is selling his prize assets, could this be him on his way out??

David Murray is apparently desperate to get out of Rangers, and has told his two sons not to get involved in the club, but he knows that at the moment finding a buyer would be difficult, if not impossible. Taking his shareholding into account whoever wanted to buy the club/shares would have to stump up around ?50 million (sure there was a link on this site, maybe yesterday, to an article written by a Guardian journalist which confirmed this information.

How much of the Hutton cash was reinvested in the team? ;)

Good point.

Hopefully they have to continue the season with the squad they now have.

Pants Shaton

It could equally be the case that you can't justify having a stand out ?10m bracket player in a team full of ?1-2m type players. It makes much more sense to sell them and reinvest that money on 2-3 players who will improve them in the SPL (which is the only place they're playing this season :) ).

I think the over-inflated optimism of some Hearts fans could come back to haunt us at 16:45 on Saturday. The team that narrowly missed out on the SPL title and finished runner up in the UEFA cup are no more likely to have become completely crap than we are likely to have become world-beaters. I hope I'm wrong.

Rangers have lost a good defender, and will see Berra as a replacement, but either we put up a not for sale banner, or we just don't sell to our nearest rivals, will this cause any problems do you think?

I'd be very surprised if Berra even considered a move to Rangers.

portobellojambo1
Where did you hear that?

It hasn't been mentioned anywhere, but the deal is being negotiated in Euros, presumably to let Osasuna know exactly how much will be coming their way (or that was the conclusion I came to, couldn't think of any other reason why two British clubs would do a deal with a price quoted in Euros).

shaun.lawson
David Murray is apparently desperate to get out of Rangers, and has told his two sons not to get involved in the club, but he knows that at the moment finding a buyer would be difficult, if not impossible. Taking his shareholding into account whoever wanted to buy the club/shares would have to stump up around ?50 million (sure there was a link on this site, maybe yesterday, to an article written by a Guardian journalist which confirmed this information.

My reading of his willingness to loosen the purse strings somewhat when Smith was reappointed, and gamble everything on reaching the CL group stages (which, last season, they did) was that Murray was desperate to restore real credibility to the club - because in these changing times, it's not a very marketable asset, for political reasons as much as anything else. They had to win the title last season in order to do this; but they blew it, and now poor old Moonbeams is between a rock and a hard place.

Guest Maroon Carpet
With Csaba involved I would hope it doesnt cause a problem... we really have no cover to go selling CB and Csaba will know this.

Let's hope that Csaba and Vlad both agree with each other then.

Guest Maroon Carpet

I can only say what I heard on Talk 107 a few months ago when Rangers were at Tynecastle looking at Berra apparently, and they said that Berra was interested in moving to Ibrox, however, that was before we had a proper manager in Csaba, so things may have changed, as in Driver signing a new contract being influenced by Csaba to stay and fight for the team.

shaun.lawson
It could equally be the case that you can't justify having a stand out ?10m bracket player in a team full of ?1-2m type players. It makes much more sense to sell them and reinvest that money on 2-3 players who will improve them in the SPL (which is the only place they're playing this season :) ).

I think the over-inflated optimism of some Hearts fans could come back to haunt us at 16:45 on Saturday. The team that narrowly missed out on the SPL title and finished runner up in the UEFA cup are no more likely to have become completely crap than we are likely to have become world-beaters. I hope I'm wrong.

Oh, I fully expect to lose on Saturday: 2-1 probably. I'm not sure if I ever expect Hearts to get something at Ibrox: for reasons of refereeing as much as their hugely superior budget and squad. Truth is, however moderate both halves of the OF might seem, they'll grind out results like they did at the weekend all season long - and like Graham Spiers in the Times today, I'm a bit disconcerted by the unanimity of pundits tipping Celtic for the title. Rangers will hang in there, and it'll probably end up being very tight again, with third place some way back. If it's us in that third spot though, I'd be more than happy.

Drylaw Hearts

If this 40% clause is true then it will be 40% of the profit not 40% of the actual fee.

Ranger paid ?2million for Cuellar which would give Osasuna a windfall of around another ?2.5million-ish.

It hasn't been mentioned anywhere, but the deal is being negotiated in Euros, presumably to let Osasuna know exactly how much will be coming their way (or that was the conclusion I came to, couldn't think of any other reason why two British clubs would do a deal with a price quoted in Euros).

From watching SSN it appears that the reason it's being quoted in euros as this was the get out clause figure in his contract. Wonder who told AV about this eh?

Best bit on SSN is the fact that Rangers offered him a new deal on more money when the offer came in and he told them to do one!!!

No mention of the sell on figure though to his old team.

portobellojambo1
My reading of his willingness to loosen the purse strings somewhat when Smith was reappointed, and gamble everything on reaching the CL group stages (which, last season, they did) was that Murray was desperate to restore real credibility to the club - because in these changing times, it's not a very marketable asset, for political reasons as much as anything else. They had to win the title last season in order to do this; but they blew it, and now poor old Moonbeams is between a rock and a hard place.

I think the article I referred to in my last post Shaun indicated that Murray himself feels the next person/consortium that buys the club will be of a Rangers background, rather than a business consortium as such, unless he can get the price of the club down dramatically. The only way he can do that is by selling assets, and sticking the cash into the club's bank account.

In the 20 odd years he has been at Ibrox I would hate to think how much he has ploughed into the club, either directly, or indirectly via his other companies.

If the money is invested and I'm not sure about any money going to prev club other than is normal in transfers these days -- then it could strengthen and not weaken them -- however like all transfer dealings it's not who you sell but who you bring in and if you are going to sell then it is better to be a defender as they are more easily replaced.

If Smith buys well then it may not be the bad news for Rangers that some expect -- however his track record so far maybe leaves some room for optimism on that score.

Makes sense, a sensible approach.

Also, top avatar.

I can only say what I heard on Talk 107 a few months ago when Rangers were at Tynecastle looking at Berra apparently, and they said that Berra was interested in moving to Ibrox, however, that was before we had a proper manager in Csaba, so things may have changed, as in Driver signing a new contract being influenced by Csaba to stay and fight for the team.

Berra's old man would be very disappointed. Sellick minded family.

Guest Maroon Carpet

Any players coming or going at Tynecastle should only be down to Csaba's approval, which would only be good for Hearts, as I do not believe he or any other manager would want to lose one of their best players.

Berra's old man would be very disappointed. Sellick minded family.

I don't think that would matter all that much, Paul Hartley after all was prepared to go to Rangers before Celtic put in a bid at the last minute.

In any event the Huns put in a bid for Reynolds of Motherwell prior to putting in a derisory big for Berra in the summer. Plus Loevens of Cardiff is also a more likely target. That is if they have the cash to sign anyone make no mistake, the loss of income from European football was a crippling financial blow for them. They may have to make do with Broadfoot, Dailly, Weir, Bougherra and Webster.

I think if they are going to sign anyone it will be a midfielder. Don't think they need anymore defenders for spl football.

You'd have probably said that about Velicka a year ago as well.

Anyway what is the fascination with the OF on this board. Seems people post more about them than Hearts.

Ibrahim Tall

Anyway what is the fascination with the OF on this board. Seems people post more about them than Hearts.

It's hardly a "fascination", a **** poor Rangers leaves 2nd place open for us if we can keep our act together.

If this 40% clause is true then it will be 40% of the profit not 40% of the actual fee.

Ranger paid ?2million for Cuellar which would give Osasuna a windfall of around another ?2.5million-ish.

I was basing it on Devries4's post...

Drylaw Hearts
It's hardly a "fascination", a **** poor Rangers leaves 2nd place open for us if we can keep our act together.

I'm glad to see you're not getting too carried away.

:P

They and the press usually rumble up next week's opposition if they can, usually by piling pressure on through interest in a player.

Club deny it, then their pals in the press want quotes from the player and badger them all week, thus trying to unsettle the player.

Just we're starting it on here first this time :(

Hans von Luck

Imagine that a OF Chairman selling one of their best players and telling the manager what to do. :rolleyes:

Nope its only big bad Vlad who does things like that according to Chick Dung and his Weegie mates. :)

Ibrahim Tall
I'm glad to see you're not getting too carried away.

:P

Probably didn't word that the way it was in my head. :P

Just mean, with a decent striker i honestly don't believe there's much of a difference between Rangers, ourselves, Utd or Motherwell. If Vlad starts *****ing around or Murray splashes the cash however that may change...

Drylaw Hearts
Imagine that a OF Chairman selling one of their best players and telling the manager what to do. :rolleyes:

Nope its only big bad Vlad who does things like that according to Chick Dung and his Weegie mates. :)

But if Cuellar had a clause in his contract what could anyone do to stop him leaving ?

:rolleyes:

Im sure Vlad is looking to keep Berra for a couple of years yet. Could easy put 2/3 more million onto his price tag in that time! Not too sure Berra would go, 5 weeks ago he would've, now im not so sure. Brilliant if he was to reject them to stay with us!

Drylaw Hearts
Probably didn't word that the way it was in my head. :P

Just mean, with a decent striker i honestly don't believe there's much of a difference between Rangers, ourselves, Utd or Motherwell. If Vlad starts *****ing around or Murray splashes the cash however that may change...

I hoped that was what you meant.

:)

Charlie-Brown

Any team who have players that interest Rangers will know they've just received a big fee (more if they sell Boyd or Novo or Hemdani etc) so if their players are under contract and don't have a buy-out clause then they can demand Rangers pay top-money or no deal.

Have a look at who our next opponents are...

Commander Harris
If the current buns come in for CB then Vlad should put in a 150k bid for Ferguson.

:laugh:

Ranger's have really messed up this pre-season. The cash from a decent champions league run, getting to the UEFA cup final and ?8m for Hutton should have been used to sign Cuellar on a new longterm contract, sign Davis and replace Weir, Papac, Dailly, Broadfoot etc.

Even guys like Whittaker, Adam and Thomson are vastly overrated IMO.

Rangers have NINE strikers this season (Boyd, Velicka, Novo, Lafferty, Cousin, Darcheville, Gow, Miller and Naismith) but the only one you could imagine getting anywhere near the 30 goals a season mark spends more time on the bench that in the team.

If Hearts took a risk and signed a top quality keeper, RB, CB, goal scoring midfielder and striker we'd be in with a great shout of a top 2 finish.

Bit too risky though considering how well we've done to slash the debt in the last 18 months. I think Basso and Elliot will be the only players to leave this summer with maybe only one more player coming in.

The majority of changes will be made next summer when Beslija, Aguiar, Makela, Karipidis and hopefully Goncalves will be off the wagebill.

Ranger's have really messed up this pre-season. The cash from a decent champions league run, getting to the UEFA cup final and ?8m for Hutton should have been used to sign Cuellar on a new longterm contract, sign Davis and replace Weir, Papac, Dailly, Broadfoot etc.

Even guys like Whittaker, Adam and Thomson are vastly overrated IMO.

Rangers have NINE strikers this season (Boyd, Velicka, Novo, Lafferty, Cousin, Darcheville, Gow, Miller and Naismith) but the only one you could imagine getting anywhere near the 30 goals a season mark spends more time on the bench that in the team.

If Hearts took a risk and signed a top quality keeper, RB, CB, goal scoring midfielder and striker we'd be in with a great shout of a top 2 finish.

Bit too risky though considering how well we've done to slash the debt in the last 18 months. I think Basso and Elliot will be the only players to leave this summer with maybe only one more player coming in.

The majority of changes will be made next summer when Beslija, Aguiar, Makela, Karipidis and hopefully Goncalves will be off the wagebill.

An incredible figure.... especially when you consider that have all been bought... not ones come through their yoofs.

Archived