Tullberg signs!(merged)

Guest Alex Guttenplan

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Mike!

Glad to see him signed, he's definitely worth taking a chance on and hopefully he'll do us a turn this season and perhaps beyond.

ToadKiller Dog
Signed a great Crane and a great Dane within a week :D

Does that mean rearend next???? a great pain .

I was alarmed with the amount of high balls we fed kingston on Sat

so him being a big man is refreshing

As long as it doesnt mean we overdo the easy high ball option - although I dont think Csaba will allow that

So was I but I have to say that for such a small guy he did remarkably well in getting a fair few of them.

chester copperpot

We need quality in from the channels if the big man is to flourish goal wise this season. I'm happy with Larry's balls into the box (If he plays RM) but Driver has got into excellent positions, but failed with the final ball too many times. The same applies for Ches and Miko, so there's an area we must improve on if the big man is to be a big success with us.

Here's hoping.

I think it was a tactical move by Csaba. Hammell is not a tall defender so it made sense to play the ball out there because Kingston had much more chance of winning it than Mole or Ksanavicius did against Reynolds or Craigan.

Time will tell but I thought it was refreshing to see a manager who spotted a weakness in another team's defence. How often have we seen high balls lumped up to small strikers who have no chance against giant defenders?

Slowly everything is beginning to fall in place. Now lets just keep the happy train on the tracks with no one derailing it............Vlad!!!!

chester copperpot
Quality. :)

You can totally see that getting disallowed in the SPL for high feet though.

Unless scored for rantic.

Just wait on someone complaining that it was high feet in the box.

Drylaw Hearts
Quality. :)

You can totally see that getting disallowed in the SPL for high feet though.

Unless scored for rantic.

A quality finish indeed.

I just wish there were more goals from him available to see on the 'net.

Even one more would be something.

siegementality

Welcome Mike, I don't think your the 20 goal a season man we were hoping for but you're a welcome addition none the less.

chester copperpot
I take it Mellberg's not fit yet? Anyone know what's happening with Oboua at the moment?

Mellberg's away on duty.................................with Juventus. :P

Welcome big man, maybe not the 20+ I was hoping for but nobody really knows apart from csaba how good he is right now.

Here's hoping.

Good news again.........I hope Vlad doesn't ruin it the day before the first hibs game again:mad:

I take it Mellberg's not fit yet? Anyone know what's happening with Oboua at the moment?

Both picked up minor unjuries in Germany :sad:

It's just possible they could both be in the squad for Sat though ;)

Like the bit about the Tynie atmosphere................

http://www.goal.com/en-india/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=814493

:)

liked the email the club sent out ... though don't recall reading these quotes ..... :)

Dear Steven,

Tynecastle was rocking once more on Saturday as over 14,000 supporters enjoyed a thrilling victory over Motherwell on a day when Hearts showed the world that everyone IS "together".

Put simply, we don't believe any Hearts supporter can afford not to be at Tynecastle every second Saturday to experience the best atmosphere in Scottish football this season.

But if you don't believe us, take it from these quotes, that Hearts IS one united football club:

Sunday Herald

If the first glimpse of the Laszlo era is anything to go by, Hearts players and fans alike should be in for an entertaining season

Whatever else they will be this season, Laszlo's Hearts should definitely be worth watching

Sunday Mail

The Jambos stunning and stealy show made a mockery of their eighth place finish last term

The Times

A marvellously entertaining encounter saw Hearts provide the kind of display their fans have been crying out for

Daily Star

The Jambos' home ground was rocking on Saturday after a thrilling SPL game which restored your faith in the beautiful game

The Herald

Hearts in truth were a joy to watch

Mail on Sunday

Tynecastle is buzzing

Tynecastle is treated to a thriller

Sunday Express

The large crowd got a terrific game to kick off the season

News of the World

They'll queue up to see this

If this is a sign of football Laszlo style, there are going to be long queues snaking down Gorgie Road whenever tickets are put on sale for games this season

Daily Mail

When did Tynecastle last bounce, rock and sway quite like this?

Exciting? Enough to have the Hearts fans twirling their scarves in true retro fashion

Frankenstein Jambo.
absolutely...good bit of business....one year trial period...though his price will increase if he's a success :)

Think there is a clause in the agreement where we get him for 500k

Frankenstein Jambo.
liked the email the club sent out ... though don't recall reading these quotes ..... :)

Dear Steven,

Tynecastle was rocking once more on Saturday as over 14,000 supporters enjoyed a thrilling victory over Motherwell on a day when Hearts showed the world that everyone IS "together".

Put simply, we don't believe any Hearts supporter can afford not to be at Tynecastle every second Saturday to experience the best atmosphere in Scottish football this season.

But if you don't believe us, take it from these quotes, that Hearts IS one united football club:

Sunday Herald

If the first glimpse of the Laszlo era is anything to go by, Hearts players and fans alike should be in for an entertaining season

Whatever else they will be this season, Laszlo's Hearts should definitely be worth watching

Sunday Mail

The Jambos stunning and stealy show made a mockery of their eighth place finish last term

The Times

A marvellously entertaining encounter saw Hearts provide the kind of display their fans have been crying out for

Daily Star

The Jambos' home ground was rocking on Saturday after a thrilling SPL game which restored your faith in the beautiful game

The Herald

Hearts in truth were a joy to watch

Mail on Sunday

Tynecastle is buzzing

Tynecastle is treated to a thriller

Sunday Express

The large crowd got a terrific game to kick off the season

News of the World

They'll queue up to see this

If this is a sign of football Laszlo style, there are going to be long queues snaking down Gorgie Road whenever tickets are put on sale for games this season

Daily Mail

When did Tynecastle last bounce, rock and sway quite like this?

Exciting? Enough to have the Hearts fans twirling their scarves in true retro fashion

You are missing one!

BBC website.

It was more like a cup final atmosphere rather than a SPL fixture.

Well theres a striker signed at least, I think Juhos performance on Sat may have rushed this decision along :)

Sorry never noticed the other thread on this. :P:107years:

Greedy_Jambo

I've never heard of him and i'd be interested to know how Csaba knows of him. Does seem a bit rushed (not time wise) but time played wise, he only had about 15 mins of a game before he got injured.

Hopefully he's the new henrik larsson though.

scott herbertson
does anyone know if he is any good ????????

We shouldn't get too excited - he only played 5 games last year and doesn't have a good scoring record - hence the 1 year loan deal rather than an outright purchase I guess.

What he should give us is a tall target man for guys like Glen and Driver and Miko to feed off

Good stuff.

The fact that he was injured and couldn't train, yet we still signed him, makes me think this lad has some real quality. Still think we need a goalscorer to play alongside him, or at least someone with some real pace, but there is still time to fill that hole.

Yes, I feel stooooopid for posting this sooooo late after many many others had already read and moved on from it :)

Ah well I'm sure I will learn from this and move on :o

ToadKiller Dog
Yes, I feel stooooopid for posting this sooooo late after many many others had already read and moved on from it :)

Ah well I'm sure I will learn from this and move on :o

Not to worry you have been sent to peebles just need to be called a :hobofish:

then you will have earned your kickback spurs.

Excellent. A striker! Lets hope he's better than what's here already - i.e Mole and Elliot. His goals record would suggest he isn't an out and out goalscorer though, not sure where he'll fit in. Nade can hold the ball up well and has quality.

When was that ?

Archived