Tullberg signs!(merged)

Guest Alex Guttenplan

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Commander Harris

good news, we're short up front(both ways!)

Csaba Laszlo said: "We only want to bring quality and I believe Mike is a guy who can help us. I think his style, which is very powerful, will suit Scottish football."

and Dex got one right! :P

Guest JamboRobbo

One year loan sounds a good plan given he's not been able to prove what he can or cannot do whilst on trial.

Lets hope he is the hold up / target man we are looking for.

200milesfromgorgie

good luck to him. loans the best idea for this player at this point. see if he's any good.

Drylaw Hearts
One year loan sounds a good plan given he's not been able to prove what he can or cannot do whilst on trial.

Agreed.

Try before you buy has worked well for us in the past.

Fingers crossed he's the answer to what has been a problem position for us.

No matter what you think of Vlad you have to acknowledge that he is hugely competent in terms of transfer negotiations, with the cards usually heavily weighted in his favour.

Based on previous deals, I’d expect this deal to be something along the lines of Hearts having 1st refusal on the guy at an arranged fee of circa €500K. If he makes the grade it’s a steal, if not he gets shipped out after the loan period.

Good luck to him (Mike I mean).

Good news. Hopefully will give us a lot of strength up front.

Looks like a big laddie.....:cool:..welcome Tullberg the Iceberg............

Excellent. A striker! Lets hope he's better than what's here already - i.e Mole and Elliot. His goals record would suggest he isn't an out and out goalscorer though, not sure where he'll fit in. Nade can hold the ball up well and has quality.

The Mighty Thor

After the debacle of Pinilla this sounds like how it should be done on an unkown quantity.

Hopefully the guy gets his fitness back quickly and goes on to earn a full deal at Hearts.

Guest JamboRobbo
No matter what you think of Vlad you have to acknowledge that he is hugely competent in terms of transfer negotiations, with the cards usually heavily weighted in his favour.

Sorry John, but spending a club record fee on Beslija, and not much less on Makela, and 12k a week or whatever it was for 2 years on Pinilla, says otherwise.

I'd say it's been spectacular hit, or spectacular miss so far.

Another example of a miss would be Pedro giving a player a contract worth 2k a week more than he had asked for and had been agreed.

Based on previous deals, I’d expect this deal to be something along the lines of Hearts having 1st refusal on the guy at an arranged fee of circa €500K. If he makes the grade it’s a steal, if not he gets shipped out after the loan period.

Good luck to him.

I'd agree with this part, i'd even agree that we appear, in most instances, to be tough negotiators now. But just not the "hugely competent" bit above - I think the examples of incompetence I listed prove they aren't "hugely competent".

Excellent. A striker! Lets hope he's better than what's here already - i.e Mole and Elliot. His goals record would suggest he isn't an out and out goalscorer though, not sure where he'll fit in. Nade can hold the ball up well and has quality.

Careful HOG,that was almost positive;):)

Careful HOG,that was almost positive;):)

I know. It was a close call! Had to mention his poor scoring ratio at the end there to try to recover it ;)

Cautiously happy about this

I guy that struggled in Serie A is not necessarily something to be overly concerned about. Hopefully more a mobile De Vries, than another Makela

It appears to be something we dont already have, with a hint of a decent pedigree. Will probably need a couple of weeks to get match fit though

Based on previous deals, I?d expect this deal to be something along the lines of Hearts having 1st refusal on the guy at an arranged fee of circa ?500K. If he makes the grade it?s a steal, if not he gets shipped out after the loan period.

Good luck to him (Mike I mean).

Hhhmm

Some of his deals have been great, some disasterous.

Guest JamboRobbo
Hhhmm

Some of his deals have been great, some disasterous.

But if we just ignore the disastrous ones, it looks like we have a great record.

I reckon if we count all the games we win, and ignore any games we lose, we might win the SPL this year...... :P

chester copperpot

Lets use this to welcome Mikey, and not enter into another is he isn't he shiiite at signing players.

Welcome the Big Dane, may your days at Hearts be fulfilling and full of goals.

Welcome to Eedin-burg.

jamboinglasgow

I wonder if Tullberg upfront with Glen could be a winning strike partnership. With Nade and Mole as back up.

marshallschunkychicken

:welcome: Mike.

Have to say, he looks about 15.

I have faith in Csaba - if he thinks this boy is a player, then I'm sure he's a player.

ToadKiller Dog

Pinilla ,jose and beslija all came with good reputations cant blame vlad for them personally dont think a single person thought that they would fail so badly when first signed

you could argue even as much for Makela ,but what am i letting my self get into the usual negative pish when this thread should be about welcoming a new guy to wear the Maroon.

good luck Tuliberg hope you do well for us.

Buffalo Bill

I was just saying to Borther on Saturday I hope we sign "that Mellberg".

Buffalo Bill

I wonder if Makela's **** poor performance had anything to do with signing him up today. I thought we were just having a look at him this week...

Sorry John, but spending a club record fee on Beslija, and not much less on Makela, and 12k a week or whatever it was for 2 years on Pinilla, says otherwise.

I'd say it's been spectacular hit, or spectacular miss so far.

Another example of a miss would be Pedro giving a player a contract worth 2k a week more than he had asked for and had been agreed.

QUOTE]

On reflection, I agree, you're right - need to think before I post!

Who did Pedro give 2k a week more to?

Seems to be that this is going down as a name Vlad has put forward to Csaba.

Worth noting that Csaba as a young man in International management would know club football would be back on the radar at some point - chances are that he wouild have been building up a range of contacts across Africa and Europe. International football is not so much day to day, so he would have had plenty time to do so.

May have been a Vlad name, but maybe not....

sandyseymour

absolutely...good bit of business....one year trial period...though his price will increase if he's a success :)

absolutely...good bit of business....one year trial period...though his price will increase if he's a success :)

Not unless you have a price agreed.

ala Rudi.

The Great Dane has landed.

'Mon the Tuborg.

THought his name was..........."Jethro" Tull.......burg.

I'll get my coat.

:rolleyes:

I know nothing about the lad but if this is a Csaba signing then i am hopeful he is a player. Hope is fit for the weekend but i think we need him.

The People's Chimp

Who was that?

Guest JamboRobbo

On reflection, I agree, you're right - need to think before I post!

Who did Pedro give 2k a week more to?

Fair play John. :food-smiley-004:

Of the top of my head, I can't even remember if I ever even knew who it was in the first place. Might even have been Makela but I can't remember.

Suspect Device
But if we just ignore the disastrous ones, it looks like we have a great record.

I reckon if we count all the games we win, and ignore any games we lose, we might win the SPL this year...... :P

aha JR, seen you called a :hobofish: before, but thats the first time i've seen you use their reasoning ;)

Archived