Makela

Greedy_Jambo

Drylaw Hearts
Unless he goes on loan this month DH then it's inevitable he will be on the subs bench a few times at least due to injuries & suspensions etc. unless Csaba has the courage to give Glen (certainly) but also the likes of Templeton & Ryan Wallace squad places & opportunities ahead of Makela.

I'd expect Glen or possibly even another striker ;) will take Makela's place on the bench next week.

From then on he'll struggle to get his place back.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charlie-Brown

I'd say that Mole, Glen, Nade are already ahead of him and if we sign Tullberg or another striker then barring injury/suspension he is struggling to even get a squad place - he'd really have to up his game and be banging them in in reserve games and training to get a recall but he's also under pressure from youngsters in the reserves & youth who have superior ability with only age/inexperience counting against them.

It was Mo Berthe level of performance yesterday from Makela and I wouldn't be too bothered if he didn't play for us again.

That being said though, Csaba has stuck him on in the first place, so obviously thought he could do better. At the final whistle, it seemed to me like Csaba was pretty much saying "chin up" and trying to encourage Makela.

Charlie-Brown

Of course Makela can do better, he couldn't do much worse, he did better coming on against Hull last week - whether he can do enough to convince the manager to give him more chances is really down to him and also how well the other strikers perform.

I have always thought he was a clumsy player and yesterday only served to confirm this belief however as poor as he played in his 20 minute spell yesterday he is capable of playing better, he played better against Hull when he came on.

I would hope that yesterday would put an end to those who say he deserves a prolonged run in the team as he showed he isn't of better quality than Jamie Mole or Gary Glen or even Nade....if Tullberg or another new striker signs then Makela would be even further down the pecking order.....however as we are not overloaded with strikers and no doubt we will get injuries and suspensions Makela will still probably need to feature on the bench in the short term at least.

I wouldn't play him anywhere other than as an out and out penalty-box striker and given that he does have good goal-scoring insticts is the kind of player like Pospisil you could throw on late in the game if you were chasing a goal - in and around the box he can be a dangerous player as his goalscoring ratio proves however putting him anywhere else further back & especially inside our half then he's a bigger danger to us if he's constantly losing the ball.

Agree with this. :Agree:

He had a horrible game when he came on. But he is a penalty box player - nothing else.

I was impressed with Laszlo at the final whistle though. Some are saying that it was a 'you had a stinker' gesture from the manager - but I thought it was a 'keep the chin up'.

Nelly Terraces

Just heard from someone at Tynie, this morning, Makela is still attempting to trap the ball from Saturday.

So bad, it was frightening. Great to see him being 'Shabba'd' at the end.

Makela has to be Finnish(ed).

If not he should be. Awful, awful game on Saturday. No tactical awareness at all compounded by lack of basic footballing ability. Anyone else see Chabba telling Mole to drop back and swop positions with Makela? The guy (Makela) was running about as if he'd never played football before!

Nelly Terraces
Makela has to be Finnish(ed).

If not he should be. Awful, awful game on Saturday. No tactical awareness at all compounded by lack of basic footballing ability. Anyone else see Chabba telling Mole to drop back and swop positions with Makela? The guy (Makela) was running about as if he'd never played football before!

Said on another thread B, that I was glad I was there to witness his display, just cos it was so bad, you really had to be there to believe it! Didn't see Shabbs tell him to swap over with the Molester, but deffo saw him give the useless clown a clip round the lugs after the final whistle. Class!

You know when you've been 'Shabba'd!:P

I totally agree with what Csaba says in todays papers about Makela.It's not the fact that he made the mistake it was the fact he totally hid the rest of the game and never wanted to run for any other ball or recieve a pass.

Harry Kinnear

If it was his first run out then posters may have been more forgiving but after watching 78 mins of decent effort by the team then to watch Makela give away a goal and ***** about its drain yer glass in the last chance saloon & bye bye

If it was his first run out then posters may have been more forgiving but after watching 78 mins of decent effort by the team then to watch Makela give away a goal and ***** about its drain yer glass in the last chance saloon & bye bye

He had the same slumped shoulders that Elliot had for the whole of last season.As soon as he made the mistake it was like we were down to 10 men in terms of effort.

Whoever scouted this boy and said we should pay half a million quid for him, should be shot.

Total waste of a jersey.

It was Rix who signed him on the recommendation of Roy Hodgson who was the Finnish Manager at the time.

No doubt there would be a sizeable commission for Hodgson and perhaps the odd brown envelope for one or two others involved.

Makela was about the only bad thing to come out of Saturday's game.

Absolute shocker and as has been said, would have cost us 2, if not all, of the points had it not been for Miko.

Sub standard. Not good enough. Call it what you like.

Archived