Makela

Greedy_Jambo

Now can you see why certain people have said he shouldn't be given a chance?

Your right i think we owe Frail an apology.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
theescapehouse

He was just not very good, albeit he tried to put himself about but anything he connected with turned to nothing, first time iv seen him play so im not going to jump on the 'out makela' bandwagon, but if he is to ever play again i hope he bucks up his ideas..

Five Hunder Thousand Pounds.

Dear god, he is abysmal. He should NEVER be near the first team again.

To the guy that said Mole wasn't great, I thought Mole had a fantastic game, held the ball up brilliantly and with a bit of support up there with him would have definitely reaped the rewards for his play.

jambosean75

i've always felt that makela did quite well when he has come on as a sub in the past and i was one of many that wanted to see him giving a chance.

but he had a nightmare when he came on today.

so we are left with 2 possibilities. either he just had the worst game of his life(and we've all had days where nothing goes right ) or he really is that gash and that's why he hasn't had a decent chance before.

hopefully it's the former.

i'm afraid it might be the latter though.

Guest jambomickey

just back from the game and as one of the few who said makela should be given a chance i've got to say i was wrong and the guy should be working as a postman or something because he certainly isn't a pro footballer

He reminded me of a 2 year old chasing a baloon. And yes I was one of those who said give him a chance. I thought Mole gave both their full backs a hard time today and pulled tham all over the place, just a psty he didnt have a strike partned who could fill the space he made. Mike Stewart was the correct MoM for me.

JamboRossi79
Five Hunder Thousand Pounds.

Dear god, he is abysmal. He should NEVER be near the first team again.

To the guy that said Mole wasn't great, I thought Mole had a fantastic game, held the ball up brilliantly and with a bit of support up there with him would have definitely reaped the rewards for his play.

Gotta agree re Mole, thought he played his very well and it would have been justice if he got on the scoresheet today for the amount of work he did for the team.

As for Makela, well what can you say. I've never rated him but was willing to give him a chance but he proved me right again today.

Dirk Diggler

Hopefully that 'performance' will end the nonsense that is often witnessed on here about him getting a run in the team,

'Feed the Mak and he will score' :confused:

Probably the most limited football player at the club and that takes some doing.

Jam Tarts 1874

I told you all Makela was a donkey, maybe now the calls to give Makela a chance will subside. Today everybody saw what the Hearts' staff and regular attendees of the reserve games have been seeing for ages. No wonder the likes of Elliot and Benni were considered ahead of Makela.

I feel sorry for the guy, but he just has to find the correct level to play at, maybe the hobos will be looking for a new signing!

Makela was truly awful today, worst player on the park :mad: His first touch was horrendous and lost us their second goal. Good on Csaba for giving him a skelp at FT!

Mole was just shaded by Stewart as MOTM in my opinion, worked like hell and didn't give their defence a minutes peace and did some good work in and around the box. If it wasn't for Driver's greed he would have got the goal he deserved

Makela was none of the above, most people on Kickback could have a better first touch wearing wellies

As for Casba's 'slap' it looked to me he was telling him to keep his head up more than anything else, maybe so he doesn't hit the door on the way out

Hopefully that 'performance' will end the nonsense that is often witnessed on here about him getting a run in the team,

'Feed the Mak and he will score' :confused:

Probably the most limited football player at the club and that takes some doing.

As one of those pushing his case for a run :oopsoops: I completely agree. I also hope it hastens the need to sign a goal scorer or two.

I would have rather a overweight unfit Nade played than Ma

Jambof3tornado

He was terrible but I have a feeling we will see more of him this season. He doesnt have a first touch,but I still dont think he has shown us what he can do. If he can score in the finnish league while on loan he can manage it here too surely.

That said he would be behind Mole,Audrey,Nade,the janitor,the tea leady,and the man that drives Vlad around,for a place in the team.

Dirk Diggler
As one of those pushing his case for a run :oopsoops: I completely agree. I also hope it hastens the need to sign a goal scorer or two.

I would have rather a overweight unfit Nade played than Ma

He is horrific mate.

I honestly think that hatrick against Alloa and his goal against Barcelona has clouded a lot of peoples judgement on the guy.

Never an SPL player.

Don't think he has any future at Tynecastle although moving him on could be a problem considering the hefty wage he is picking up.

:mad:

He is horrific mate.

I honestly think that hatrick against Alloa and his goal against Barcelona has clouded a lot of peoples judgement on the guy.

Never an SPL player.

Don't think he has any future at Tynecastle although moving him on could be a problem considering the hefty wage he is picking up.

:mad:

Hat trick at Alloa particularly.

But what are we supposed to do? Player scores then is instantly dropped for two years. I felt we need to give him a chance, today was his chance and he looked terrible.

The Old Tolbooth
Well if he has been looking for someone to slag off at least he picked the right player. Makela quite simply failed to do anything correctly when he came on.

As someone in the crowd shouted at him, "you are supposed to take your boots out of the box before putting them on your feet".

Absolutely agree Iain, I cant honestly say that ever in the history of watching football that I've witnessed one player not managing to do ONE single thing correctly in all the time he was on the park, and he saw a lot of the ball.

He was simply awful and that really should be his last game.

Makela had one of the worst 15 minutes I've ever seen from a Hearts player. Less than 20% of his touches kept possession.

I actually felt sorry for him, he should not have been sent on to hold the ball in the hole, that's not his game. Miko save him and Csaba from dogs abuse.

I'll be surprised if we see him again though.

spot on. he's got to be emptied a.s.a.p.

He reminded me of a 2 year old chasing a baloon. And yes I was one of those who said give him a chance. I thought Mole gave both their full backs a hard time today and pulled tham all over the place, just a psty he didnt have a strike partned who could fill the space he made. Mike Stewart was the correct MoM for me.

I thought it might have been the other way around, he looked like a baloon chasing a two year old.

When Casaba went onto the pitch at the end he gave him a bit of a rollocking and then a scud across the back of his head with any liuck he will never play for us again.

We really have to punt this guy asap before the transfer window closes nobody at the clun could be worse than him so get shot of him now, please.

I think he might be not a bad rugby league player.:)

jeezuz, we win a thoroughly exciting game, and all some want to do is greet about the below par performance of a sub who played about 20 mins. is it any wonder some player find it difficult to perform with such support.

I was in early today and watched the warm ups, during which Makela managed to miscontrol every ball that came his way.

As Frail said, he is the worst footballer I have ever seen!!

During the game he contrived to trap it further than most players can kick it and ran like his boots were tied together.

Is Vlad ordering he be played to be sold? Because from what we saw today, the local glue factory is our best bet for a buyer.

Lets face it nobody in their right mind would want to buy him if they actually watched him play, best to let the agents try and flog him.

jambo in iraq
Absolutely, just home and must say Makela was awful, cost us their 2nd... I actually felt a bit sorry for him but definately hope he is nowhere near the team going to Ibrox! He went of chasing his first touch just by the box and lost it letting them in to score...

Not particularly impressed wi Mole either, he didn't seem to have much about him, didn't feel like he was gong to creat anything at all... definately need a couple of top class strikers.

Miko as usual when he came on was excellent and fantastic goal!

Stewart was great! I am as surprised as anyone...

The way the huns played today certainly no fear for next week if we put the right team out! Drop Moley and Ksanavicius and drown Makela, Miko on from the start and we can turn them over.

absolute garbage... Audrey scored for the second week in a row and linked well with wallace and driver down the left channel. Mole was great in the second half. Miko is a good impact player, injecting pace and energy, but we all know he is less effective as a starter. Only thing I agree with is that Makela should be drowned in the Union Canal (not literary).

jambo in iraq
Lets face it nobody in their right mind would want to buy him if they actually watched him play, best to let the agents try and flog him.

should sell him back to HJK Helsinki. They clearly like him.

Snake Plissken

First of all i think that if you are going to start a thread to slag off a player you should at least witnessed the performance before you do.

However ...

That was a holocaust of a performance by Juho - he did not do a single thing right today and I was embarrassed for him by the end. I cannot honestly recall a worse 20 minutes from anyone I've seen at Tynecastle.

First of all i think that if you are going to start a thread to slag off a player you should at least witnessed the performance before you do.

However ...

That was a holocaust of a performance by Juho - he did not do a single thing right today and I was embarrassed for him by the end. I cannot honestly recall a worse 20 minutes from anyone I've seen at Tynecastle.

The usual JKB hyperbole relating to performances. He might have had a bad (very bad game), but to berate him so is pathetic. Even if we had lost, singular criticism is unhelpful and wrong.

BACK the team or GTF!

rudi must stay

However ...

That was a holocaust of a performance by Juho - he did not do a single thing right today and I was embarrassed for him by the end. I cannot honestly recall a worse 20 minutes from anyone I've seen at Tynecastle.[/QUOTE]

Beniusis..

Makela reminds me of Velicka a bit, not the best player in the world but he scores goals. Just needs games at the moment imo, remember he hasn't played for us in a while and the Finnish League is the total opposite of the SPL..

Csaba's Broon Shoes
The usual JKB hyperbole relating to performances. He might have had a bad (very bad game), but to berate him so is pathetic. Even if we had lost, singular criticism is unhelpful and wrong.

BACK the team or GTF!

You are right in what you are typing

However Makela is a poor mans Clum

News views and opinions is what JKB is all about

We are all together in what we are saying in his festival showing this

afternoon

Makela is Finnish-ed in Hearts jersey

Found myself today back of 12 discussing the lack of our goal threat

I backed makela to be that man

roll forward a few hours to quarter to five

I realised how wrong I was

Rotten is being kind

Good old csaba slapped him though

Snake Plissken

BACK the team or GTF!

Bit of an overreaction there surely?

Its a thread about Makela - I have written many positive things about todays performance in other threads.

In 20 minutes he gifted a goal and lost the ball every single time he got it - can you play any worse than that? I was shouting encouragement the whole time in the hope he'd do something right which he didn't.

Should he somehow get another chance I'll back him but theres no denying he was beyond terrible today.

I am pleased with the spirit and improved performances today, maybe Juho will get another chance and if he does he'll have to do much better or he won't get another.

jeezuz, we win a thoroughly exciting game, and all some want to do is greet about the below par performance of a sub who played about 20 mins. is it any wonder some player find it difficult to perform with such support.

Spot on he has played 20 minutes and had a nightmare most of the team were like that for all of last season.

Broxburn_Jambo

Makela was rubbish today, sold the second goal and lost the ball every time it was played to him.

Where are all those posters from a few weeks ago who claimed he was the great white hope?

i have said it on every single thread that mentions this useless imposter. he is utter gash, having watched him for the reserves and saw what can only be described as a sunday amatuer player i moaned immediatley he was brought on today. the guy behind me told me to shut up and support him cause he was on the pitch. i told him the guy was terrible and should be nowhere near the pitch. he disagreed. 10 minutes later he tapped me on the shoulder shook my hand and said sorry. i know for a fact i could have contributed more on the pitch for 20 minutes than makela did today. i pray i never have to see him ever again, beni is three times the player he is

He was that bad that as soon as the full time whistle went, instead of celebrating, csaba went straight to juho and gave him a total bollocking, Csaba rules

He is absolute pish.

I could forgive him for the slack bit of play that led to the goal because lets face it it has happened to much better players than him(christ i don't think i have ever seen worse than him)but it was the fact how much he hid the rest of the game after it while everyone else was busting a gut.Get him a plane ticket to Helsinki the guy is never ever going to cut it or better still see if the fat Finn Mixu wants him.

Rudolf's Mate
He is horrific mate.

Despite his goal against barca, I thought he look like a cart hourse in that game! I think he should be punted to that team he was on loan to.

Dirk Diggler
Despite his goal against barca, I thought he look like a cart hourse in that game! I think he should be punted to that team he was on loan to.

To be fair, I think he was played on the right wing that day.

Clearly a genius thought of that one.

:confused:

brellierlegend

I honestly cannot remember a player at Hearts who had a worst first touch than Makela. See you later!

Rudolf's Mate

When does the transfer window close? If we've got time then maybe another run out just to prove to the doubters though I just hope he doesn't play next weekend!!!

Charlie-Brown

I have always thought he was a clumsy player and yesterday only served to confirm this belief however as poor as he played in his 20 minute spell yesterday he is capable of playing better, he played better against Hull when he came on.

I would hope that yesterday would put an end to those who say he deserves a prolonged run in the team as he showed he isn't of better quality than Jamie Mole or Gary Glen or even Nade....if Tullberg or another new striker signs then Makela would be even further down the pecking order.....however as we are not overloaded with strikers and no doubt we will get injuries and suspensions Makela will still probably need to feature on the bench in the short term at least.

I wouldn't play him anywhere other than as an out and out penalty-box striker and given that he does have good goal-scoring insticts is the kind of player like Pospisil you could throw on late in the game if you were chasing a goal - in and around the box he can be a dangerous player as his goalscoring ratio proves however putting him anywhere else further back & especially inside our half then he's a bigger danger to us if he's constantly losing the ball.

Makela was awful but he knew that, fact that Csaba clipped him across the ear like a schoolkid. One bad game doesn't make you a bad player. He waited long enough to impress, he deserves another chance.

Greedy_Jambo
Makela was awful but he knew that, fact that Csaba clipped him across the ear like a schoolkid. One bad game doesn't make you a bad player. He waited long enough to impress, he deserves another chance.

He was in the paper saying that if he gets his chance he will take it ect....

Then he comes on and is absolutely stinking! if it wasn't for miko he would of cost us the 3 points. He missed chance after chance in pre-season aswell. Time to get shot of him if you ask me.

We don't have the time to wait around in hope that makela learns to play football.

csaba will have seen what we did and im sure he will do the right thing as soon as we get another striker in the door

makela for hibs :)

:107years:

Hilary Briss

Eh, are you having a laugh. He has been stinking any time he has pulled on a hearts shirt..........Miko got him right out of jail and he shouldnt be anywhere the 1st team again. He must have the worst touch in the league.

Guest JamboRobbo

Whoever scouted this boy and said we should pay half a million quid for him, should be shot.

Total waste of a jersey.

absolute garbage... Audrey scored for the second week in a row and linked well with wallace and driver down the left channel. Mole was great in the second half. Miko is a good impact player, injecting pace and energy, but we all know he is less effective as a starter. Only thing I agree with is that Makela should be drowned in the Union Canal (not literary).

Nut, Makelas performance masked over Ksanavicius' lack of a first touch, lack of strength and lack of awareness in the first half. Aye, he chased and gave his all, scored a good goal but I just don't think he's good enough.

Again Mole worked hard but didn't really show much, I can't see him creating anything.

Miko's new found energy (after getting over all the diving rubbish) has been fantastic to watch and I rate him extremely highly,I'd have him one of the first picks on the team sheet.

Was a little disappointed with Driver, he had that right back in his pocket but just wouldn't run at him enough...

Having thought further on Makelas performance, I can safely say it is the worst performance I have ever seen from a pro fitballer... it wis like watchin an 8yr old play for the first time.

I attended the Platinum football briefing with Stevie Frail and he said that with Makela it was nothing to do with his attitude to training, his effort or his personality - it was about lack of ability.

I was hopeful after he scored a few on loan that he would have confidence to do a job for us this season but after yesterday I have to say he is not good enough.

He cost us the goal and after that he looked like a broken man - you could see the confidence leave him and he just got worse as the game went on. Thank god he opted to leave Mikey's through ball to Miko or we may have gone on to lose yesterday.

I can handle someone having a bad game as long as they put a shift in but Makela didnt even look to run around after he made a mess of things for the goal. I think that was the point Csaba made to him after the final whistle - Ive never seen a Hearts manager "go" for one of his own players like that.

Sorry Juho but I think yesterday was your last chance.

Drylaw Hearts

If Makela played for Hibs EVERY Hearts supporter would be laughing.

I don't think we'll ever see him in a Hearts jersey again.

Charlie-Brown
If Makela played for Hibs EVERY Hearts supporter would be laughing.

I don't think we'll ever see him in a Hearts jersey again.

Unless he goes on loan this month DH then it's inevitable he will be on the subs bench a few times at least due to injuries & suspensions etc. unless Csaba has the courage to give Glen (certainly) but also the likes of Templeton & Ryan Wallace squad places & opportunities ahead of Makela.

Archived