Just on Talk 107 - Niemi to return

Groot

Guest JamboRobbo
There is nothing in the papers or online about this 'story' just as there wasn't very much about the imminent signing of Riordan that didn't happen, tittle-tattle speculation that becomes a rumour that grows arms & legs and in the end you have Hearts fans mystified why it didn't happen even though it never was happening..........

so you keep frantically saying.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sorry to say,bandy played the best football of his life down at the sangiro in his late 30's.

Except against us!

Drylaw Hearts
There is nothing in the papers or online about this 'story' just as there wasn't very much about the imminent signing of Riordan that didn't happen, tittle-tattle speculation that becomes a rumour that grows arms & legs and in the end you have Hearts fans mystified why it didn't happen even though it never was happening..........

:Agree:

winston churchill
Apart from a few howlers against us.

apart from wee coco cameron doing him twice from 25 yards;)

still played well, and got back into the scotland team.

ps

8 out of the 10 guys that have sat behind you for years, have moved over to the auld stand:p

Dont be surprised if the keeper coming over, is Kello the Slovakian....

On Trial...

Funny you should say that. Mrs Chester was reading Slovakian news sites and asked me did I know that the Slovakian goalie for Kaunas had signed a 4 year deal with Hearts.......

Corrie Jambo

I heard yesterday from a friend of someone who has good contacts at Easter Road (don't shoot the messanger) that niemi and johansson agreed to sign for hibs for ?2K per week each, Transfer fees were going to cost ?40K for one and the other ?60K. Petrie refused to sanction the deal and that was the reason that Mixu was going to resign. He was seemingly livid as he had taken a lot of time to persude them to come for such little money.

I am not surprised. I would take the two of them at Tynie for a deal like that.

Step in Romanov please - although Mixu has the Finnish connection

sorry to say,bandy played the best football of his life down at the sangiro in his late 30's.

Many players play well in their thirties, unfortunately, that does not mean that all play better at that age group.

Anyway, Leighton was far better at Aberdeen and slightly better at Manchester United than he was when he was at Hibernian.

I heard yesterday from a friend of someone who has good contacts at Easter Road (don't shoot the messanger) that niemi and johansson agreed to sign for hibs for ?2K per week each, Transfer fees were going to cost ?40K for one and the other ?60K. Petrie refused to sanction the deal and that was the reason that Mixu was going to resign. He was seemingly livid as he had taken a lot of time to persude them to come for such little money.

I am not surprised. I would take the two of them at Tynie for a deal like that.

Step in Romanov please - although Mixu has the Finnish connection

That has been doing the rounds for some time now, the weekly wage offered was ?4k though.

Neimi's deal was kyboshed as Hibs had four goalkeepers in their senior squad and Petrie would not sanction a fifth. At least one 'keeper has to leave for that to happen.

Charlie-Brown

I can't see Hearts bringing another goalkeeper in until/if Basso leaves.

Kello would always be linked as a possible candidate given UKIO Bankas are already paying his wages so it would simply be a case of flying him from Kaunas to Edinburgh but I doubt we would see him whilst Kaunas are still in the Champions League so it would be another 10 days or so before the next round is complete.

I would like to see Niemi have a return to Hearts but I doubt it would happen at the kind of money discussed and it would also depend if Fulham are looking for a fee for him, how much? and how much longer does he have under contract with them?

winston churchill
Many players play well in their thirties, unfortunately, that does not mean that all play better at that age group.

Anyway, Leighton was far better at Aberdeen and slightly better at Manchester United than he was when he was at Hibernian.

big H

bandy had a nightmare at man u and was chased out.

big H

bandy had a nightmare at man u and was chased out.

Finished badly, big profile errors will do that for you, but he was a decent 'keeper for them. The difference is that Hibs allowed his mistakes as unlike Manchester United, they could not afford better.

winston churchill
Finished badly, big profile errors will do that for you, but he was a decent 'keeper for them. The difference is that Hibs allowed his mistakes as unlike Manchester United, they could not afford better.

i agree with this big of you post.

that said,i still think he had an indian summer at the sangiro

Dont be surprised if the keeper coming over, is Kello the Slovakian....

On Trial...

dexter pretty much right again :D

Loan/Trial almost the same

Niemi is the only world class player I have ever seen in a Hearts strip.

So you never saw Ernie Winchester?:rolleyes:

Archived