Just on Talk 107 - Niemi to return

Groot

Someone on Talk 107 (Don't know who I only got the tail end) just said Niemi wants to come back to Edinburgh and is only asking for ?4k a week.

Sounds like a great deal to me :)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drylaw Hearts
Someone on Talk 107 (Don't know who I only got the tail end) just said Niemi wants to come back to Edinburgh and is only asking for ?4k a week.

It was our very own Scott Wilson who mentioned this.

hoof.hearted

Scott Wilson said he 'heard a wee rumour' that he was coming back.............

......just hope he didn't get the wee rumour off kickback!;)

Totally agree........best ever goalie at Tynie.

robin hood jambo
Please please be true.:)

Best goalie I've seen at Tynie!

I'd like it to be true, BUT

Is Antti not injured at the mo?

Drylaw Hearts
what did he say mate?

See below.

Scott Wilson said he 'heard a wee rumour' that he was coming back.............

Ibrahim Tall

I'd heard the "?4k" rumour a while ago in connection with him going to Hibs with Johanson.

Would be delighted if true, can't see it though.

Did he just say Edinburgh, or Hearts? He's been linked with Hibs remember. Was he jyst picking out a rumour or does he have "inside-info"?

Drylaw Hearts
yeah but did he say hearts or edinburgh mate? i'd love to see him back at tynecastle

Both.

:)

Did he just say Edinburgh, or Hearts? He's been linked with Hibs remember. Was he jyst picking out a rumour or does he have "inside-info"?

He said Edinburgh and Hibs had been rumoured but Tynie was looking a likelier destination. Can't see Hibs paying ?4k a week to be honest, Petrie would sooner cut off his own nutsack

Guest jambomickey
Both.

:)

good mate! reason i asked that is because there was talk of the leith tramps wanting him:107years:

Probably Hibs - big rumour down there for a while and the Mixu connection:mad:

I can see the slight connection with Mixu but he'd be on ?4K a month at the San Giro, not p/w

If there is any semblance in truth in this then Csaba should be on the blower immediately. Would give everyone a huge boost and much like the signing of a striker might be enough to see us challenge strongly for 3rd. C'mon VR you know it makes sense.

Are you suggesting Banks is of better pedigree?

no im not but banks is no mug hes been a good keeper since gordon left

don't want to rain on anyone's parade but....from 3rd August 2008

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=soc-eng/news/news.aspx?id=4169348

Don't think it'd be worth the risk if he's having problems with his wrist that isn't clearing up

Ddin't realise he's 36 either I thought he was younger than that for some reason

He said Edinburgh and Hibs had been rumoured but Tynie was looking a likelier destination. Can't see Hibs paying ?4k a week to be honest, Petrie would sooner cut off his own nutsack

who was it that said this was it niemi or just talk107 themselves mate?:):107years:

no im not but banks is no mug hes been a good keeper since gordon left

Banks is a journeymen pro. Niemi is a top class international goalkeeper.

who was it that said this was it niemi or just talk107 themselves mate?:):107years:

Someone said it was Scott Wilson who mentioned Hearts were the likelier destination

The whole nutsack thing is just my opinion ;)

here we go niemi is a god ive seen him in a few games and hes not as good when he was here and ok banks makes mistakes to but hes not a bad keeper anyway its just 107 thats come up with this so dont get carried away

Someone said it was Scott Wilson who mentioned Hearts were the likelier destination

The whole nutsack thing is just my opinion ;)

the last part is true though mate;). i would very surprised if he gave out 4k a week especially as pantyliner and petrie are not exactly best of buds just now. so for him to sanction 4k a week would be a massive change of heart.;):107years:

here we go niemi is a god ive seen him in a few games and hes not as good when he was here and ok banks makes mistakes to but hes not a bad keeper anyway its just 107 thats come up with this so dont get carried away

Niemi is the only world class player I have ever seen in a Hearts strip.

Charlie-Brown

Certainly has been a top class international keeper for the last decade so why anybody thinks he'd play for only ?4K per week when he could easily get 2 or 3 times that even as a veteran back up keeper - and even more cash than that if he signed for another Premiership team.

I'd love him to have a swansong period at Hearts and I'd like this rumour to be true....but I think it's wishful thinking. :o

Ray Winstone
Niemi is the only world class player I have ever seen in a Hearts strip.

Seconded.

Banks is a journeymen pro. Niemi was a top class international goalkeeper.

Just fixed the statement for you, I'm not having a dig because I think Niemi could be a good signing and he was immense first time round but he's the same age as Banks and I don't think he's had much first team action in the past year and he's struggling to get over a wrist injury

I'd hate him to come back and do a 'McCann'

Ray Winstone
Just fixed the statement for you, I'm not having a dig because I think Niemi could be a good signing and he was immense first time round but he's the same age as Banks and I don't think he's had much first team action in the past year and he's struggling to get over a wrist injury

I'd hate him to come back and do a 'McCann'

I have said it already there is a bit of a difference in a winger coming back at 33-34 and a Goalie coming back at 36.

Goalkeepers have a much longer 'shelf life' and tend to peak later in their careers.

Despite the injuries and the fact he is not as good as he was in his prime, Niemi would walk into our first team infront of any other keeper at the club.

Archived