Another wee dig - pRoddy Forsyth

The Wicker Man

The Wicker Man
Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov ditches elaborate plans and keeps it simple

Hearts fans will be delighted to hear that although Vladimir Romanov has much of his cash tied up in currently volatile commodities ? a bank, an under-performing Scottish football club and a plan to fund his new stadium by selling houses in a declining market ? the controlling shareholder at Tynecastle does not appear to be unduly humbled by the vicissitudes of global finance.

By Roddy Forsyth

Last Updated: 9:23PM BST 07 Aug 2008

We are happy to report that he turned up at the hotel used by the Scottish media before the Kaunas versus Rangers game in a Rolls Royce, complete with the vanity plate 'ROLLS', which he parked right in front of the reception area.

Vlad, who does not like to be associated with defeat ? hence his absence from Tynecastle for almost all of last season ? prudently waited until he was sure that Lithuanian club Kaunas had stuffed the Ibrox side before issuing his customary rant about how Scottish football is run by the mafia. However, in contrast to his previous prediction that Hearts would march to the Scottish Premier League title, followed by the Champions League 'within five years', Vlad's aims are now somewhat more modest.

As he said: "The main goal for Hearts is not winning the league ? the main goal is to have young players playing and getting better.

''This might be the way for them to go to better teams." Like Celtic and Rangers?

That should bang the season ticket holding up to the 25,000 Vlad needs to fill the reconstructed Tynecastle stadium.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk

Absolutely feckin outrageous 'article'. I expect better from a respectible broadsheet. What a baw bag.

monkfish1979

This is brilliant! These OF jobby blasters are raging. Talk about bitter. Still hope his next one's a giant hedgehog.

It just shows he's hurting. Aint it great!:thumb:

Absolutely feckin outrageous 'article'. I expect better from a respectible broadsheet. What a baw bag.

Charlie-Brown

Vlad's team had the temerity to stick it right up David Murray's team the other night - and almost ruin their season as a result, it's also the 2nd time in 3 seasons that Romanov has had a direct connection to teams that caused Rangers failure to qualify for the champions league - expect more of the same.

Libertonian_II

Par for the course from the Scottish footballing mafia(media branch)

It just kinda matches chic dungs comments about Kaunas

All it does is prove the point that some of the Scottish meeja are institutionally OF

Thunderstruck

"Vicissitudes" - sounds like this was ghost written for Mr Forsyth. Send for the Scooby Wagon.

It just shows he's hurting. Aint it great!:thumb:

Aye, he must be in serious pain to have squeezed out such a large pile o Barry White! ;)

monkfish1979

Rankers going out of europe is showing these "journalists" up as the prejudiced rent boys that they always have been. If it hadn't been Vlads team, we wouldn't have seen nearly as much reaction, just embarrassing scapegoat hunts. Am I right in thinking that not a huge deal has been made by the press about the huns being completely inept against Kaunas? Plenty of unprofessional, petty articles about Vlad and - by association - us. Loads of interviews where the answers to an asked question have become the only accepted opinion of the interviewee. A bit of Pinky and the Brain "making no excuses".

Pathetic. The North Korean news channel probably shows less bias.

The 2nd post in this thread gave me the biggest laugh......

likening the Torygraph to respectability, yer 'avin a laugh..................

In case anyone feels the need to ask Roddy's boss if he thinks the "article" could maybe do with some balance...

[email protected]

I wouldn't give them the pleasure! Maybe if you can find out Roddy's email address a quick:

"I could feel your pain from reading your (ahem) 'article'. Did it really hurt you that much gettin it rammed up ye by a team of Hearts rejects? GIRFUY! Ho ho ho!"

email would be more appropriate?

Romanov Stole My Pension

It's really quite funny how much Romanov gets to those daft weegies. It's exactly what Romanov wants and i find the whole thing hilarious. Long live king vlad

I wouldn't give them the pleasure! Maybe if you can find out Roddy's email address a quick:

"I could feel your pain from reading your (ahem) 'article'. Did it really hurt you that much gettin it rammed up ye by a team of Hearts rejects? GIRFUY! Ho ho ho!"

email would be more appropriate?

I'm guessing it will be [email protected]

Try it, if it's wrong it will bounce back.

Do you know where hell is

I have to say i love this ****e, these rangers fanzine writers truly have thier knickers in a twist. How big a kick in the staines must it be for these ****wits to deal with the fact that a team they have used for nothing but ridicule has done thier manky mob.

If there was ever any doubt as to what team 90% of journalists in this country support it has been confirmed in the last few days. The angry writing of a disgruntled fan is there for all to see in this cockends piece.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I wonder if he's still spitting out the pips of those particularly sour grapes!

I have to say i love this ****e, these rangers fanzine writers truly have thier knickers in a twist. How big a kick in the staines must it be for these ****wits to deal with the fact that a team they have used for nothing but ridicule has done thier manky mob.

If there was ever any doubt as to what team 90% of journalists in this country support it has been confirmed in the last few days. The angry writing of a disgruntled fan is there for all to see in this cockends piece.

Spot on. I sometimes think that they hide behind the Old Firm tag, when plainly Rangers are Scotland's team.

As an aside, I notice John Greechan from the Daily Mail has gone mysteriously missing since the weegie press's darlings have been papped out of Europe. He's always first to gloat about Vlad and Hearts when it's a bad new day. They really are a bunch of sore losers.

Not sure i agree with spiers that we will finish 6th and have a "mini" revival.

Fozzyonthefence

Was there actually anything in the article that was inaccurate?

I am the only one who was concerned that in his interview, when asked about Hearts winning the league he answered by saying it was more important that we played younger players so that maybe they could go on to better teams? Is nobody else concerned that this is all he is interested in?

What happened to the plans for winning the SPL & the Champions League?

Just proves again that Vlad cannot be trusted. He says the things we want to here at the beginning to get all the fans onside & then totally moves the goalposts.

Vlad is a far bigger ****** than Roddy Forsyth. He has no class in defeat and no class in victory & is a general embarrassment to this club.

Charlie-Brown

For Hearts to be 6th requires at least 3 teams in addition to the Old Firm to finish ahead of Hearts - Dundee United should be a solid proposition and maybe Motherwell can hold some of the gains they made last season although i think they might slip back a bit and lose players......who else though?

Libertonian_II

Vlad is a far bigger ****** than Roddy Forsyth. He has no class in defeat and no class in victory & is a general embarrassment to this club.

OK go and support RF then.............

I am the only one who was concerned that in his interview, when asked about Hearts winning the league he answered by saying it was more important that we played younger players so that maybe they could go on to better teams? Is nobody else concerned that this is all he is interested in?

Just proves again that Vlad cannot be trusted. He says the things we want to here at the beginning to get all the fans onside & then totally moves the goalposts.

I can see from this that you picked the right username!! Find the money to buy him out pal or accept things are going to be this way for a long time. Not trying to be a smart erse, but we all know the script now so as to why so many are surprised still amazes me. If he says we are going for the laegue and we dont win he will be ripped up same as he was when he came out with his statements before about champions league etc.

The fact that he is looking to make a profit from youth is good news to me as the last time i checked we were in a bout ?25million debt, you cant have it all, theres no endless pot of money.

monkfish1979

Was there anything in the article that was actually newsworthy and impartial? Every club that isn't in the upper echelons of club football will have to sell players on - be it from a lack of assets or from the players own desire to move on and, to be honest, I don't find those comments in the least bit upsetting.

Vlad's comments were blatantly designed to irk the journalists that have given him pelters since he came to tynie. Worked rather well, I think. Good on him. :)

Everything that turdbag Forsyth has written stinks of bitterness.

Fozzyonthefence
I can see from this that you picked the right username!! Find the money to buy him out pal or accept things are going to be this way for a long time. Not trying to be a smart erse, but we all know the script now so as to why so many are surprised still amazes me. If he says we are going for the laegue and we dont win he will be ripped up same as he was when he came out with his statements before about champions league etc.

The fact that he is looking to make a profit from youth is good news to me as the last time i checked we were in a bout ?25million debt, you cant have it all, theres no endless pot of money.

I, no doubt like you, don't have the money to buy him out - I just live in hope that someone else does. But that doesn't mean we have to all be lemmings & accept what this ersehole is doing to our club.

And, no I am never susrpised when Vlad makes a tit of himself or our club - he's being doing it for nearly 3 years now.

Fozzyonthefence
Was there anything in the article that was actually newsworthy and impartial? Every club that isn't in the upper echelons of club football will have to sell players on - be it from a lack of assets or from the players own desire to move on and, to be honest, I don't find those comments in the least bit upsetting.

Vlad's comments were blatantly designed to irk the journalists that have given him pelters since he came to tynie. Worked rather well, I think. Good on him. :)

Everything that turdbag Forsyth has written stinks of bitterness.

I think it was a good point that we are not going to get 25,000 into a new stadium when our owner has no intentions of trying to win the league & is just interested in moving a few youngsters (probably mediocre Lithuanians at that) on for a profit. And before you all come back with the "he's a businessman" reply, he ain't going to make money out of us by selling the odd decent player.

Face it - he's totally contracdicting himself now, but fans like you don't seem to care.

I couldn't give a flying **** what he says about Rangers (Vlad or Forsyth), I'm more interested in what the plans are for Hearts and at the moment, Vlad doesn't seem too interested in us. His first love, Kaunus, seem to be doing better than us at the moment and it's interesting to see that they seem to have a better known manager than us at the moment too - maybe we'll become their feeder club...

monkfish1979
I think it was a good point that we are not going to get 25,000 into a new stadium when our owner has no intentions of trying to win the league & is just interested in moving a few youngsters (probably mediocre Lithuanians at that) on for a profit. And before you all come back with the "he's a businessman" reply, he ain't going to make money out of us by selling the odd decent player.

Face it - he's totally contracdicting himself now, but fans like you don't seem to care.

Not to be a pedant, but why should the owner try and win the league? Surely that's up to the backroom staff and the players. I seriously doubt that Csaba's going to stand there shouting "Don't try too hard to win, boys! We don't want any trophies this year!".

I would also argue that his comments weren't nearly as sincere as many are making them out to be. I get the impression it was a bit of a "GIRUY" to a fair few glaswegians.

I couldn't give a flying **** what he says about Rangers (Vlad or Forsyth), I'm more interested in what the plans are for Hearts and at the moment, Vlad doesn't seem too interested in us. His first love, Kaunus, seem to be doing better than us at the moment and it's interesting to see that they seem to have a better known manager than us at the moment too - maybe we'll become their feeder club...

hehehe............

Journalist asks question .....

Vlad replies.......

Journalist and others buy it.

:)

The best bit is you just know Roddy cried on Tuesday night :laugh:

Theres something 'my wife left me for a richer Lithuanian' about his article.

monkfish1979
The best bit is you just know Roddy cried on Tuesday night :laugh:

Theres something 'my wife left me for a richer Lithuanian' about his article.

He's still crying like a child cradling a dead pet. Hope Falkirk do them a painful one at the weekend.

I think that the last little while has all been good news. I think you should enjoy all them cheats suffering:);)

hehehe............

Journalist asks question .....

Vlad replies.......

Journalist and others buy it.

Vlad has clearly got under the skin of all our "journalists":).

If any of them had a shred of credability they would be focusing on sir walter of smith who clearly made a shop front of his team selection.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
At first I thought the p in the title was an accident.

Bravo.:laugh:

I'll second that. Good work! :107years:

Seymour M Hersh
I, no doubt like you, don't have the money to buy him out - I just live in hope that someone else does. But that doesn't mean we have to all be lemmings & accept what this ersehole is doing to our club.

And, no I am never susrpised when Vlad makes a tit of himself or our club - he's being doing it for nearly 3 years now.

Fozzy, it's pretty clear that VR is winding up the weejia post hun defeat. Spence at the GBC started it by banging on about Hearts winning the league in his post match interview.

VR is a wind up merchant and personally I don't pay a lot of attention to his comments now. Some make me wince a little others make me chuckle (this is a chuckle moment) but you have to agree the weejia are hurting big-time over this defeat of there beloved rankgers if they feel the need to berate him (yet again) 0ver the same mafia subject (obviously VR realises that really got to them as well).

Seymour M Hersh
In case anyone feels the need to ask Roddy's boss if he thinks the "article" could maybe do with some balance...

[email protected]

Just for a little bit of devilment I sent this.

Dear sirs,

Could you ask Mr. Forsyth what is wrong with a multi-millionaire owning and using a Rolls Royce? Is he so bitter and twisted because "his beloved Rangers" were punted from Europe by the Heart of Midlothian's B team that he has to resort to petty and personal attacks on Mr Romanov? I'm sure the owner of "his beloved Rangers" has a penchant for fast and very expensive motor vehicles so why not start every article writes about "his beloved Rangers" with a description of Mr Murray's latest wheels?

Should the focus of his bitterness due to "his beloved Rangers" being out of Europe before the SPL begins (a feat I thought only able to be accomplished by the wee team in Edinburgh, Hibernian, by the way) not be aimed at Mr Murray and of course old Wattie? Surely a snide swipe at the Heart of Midlothian's majority shareholder is not something to be condoned by this newspaper let alone an article within it. Of course we, and especially the citizens of Manchester now know how well fans of Rangers react when beaten in Europe.

Kind regards

Commander Harris

I've seen a few people, including quite a few posters on here, pick up on Vlad's quote ''This might be the way for them to go to better teams."

am I the only one who doesn't take Vlad at face value for this particular statement? Given the context of the interview, which was basically a polemic on the Scottish footballing system I think this was more a sarcastic dig at the way football in Scotland works, with youngsters being developed by clubs only for Rangers and Celtic to pluck the best ones up(invariably to sit on their benches).

oh, and Roddy Forsyth, MA HA!!!

He's still crying like a child cradling a dead pet. Hope Falkirk do them a painful one at the weekend.

:rofl:

Francis Albert

Amazed that anyone who saw Spence interview Vlad would think for one moment that Vlad was responding to him seriously about his hopes for Hearts. Why on earth should he in the context of that interview? Why is the Scottish media so obsessed with the fate of a bottom six Scottish club on the week of Rangers (and in the SFA's view Scotland's) utter and mainly self-inflicted (playing for a draw against Kaunus!) humiliation?

gorgie rd eh11

It's quite clear VR is at the wind up, and he certainly reeled a few of them in on tuesday. Their bitter, sarcastic wee articles, like this one,prove just how much he gets under their skin. Sometimes it's better not to say anything, but who wouldn't have stood smirking at them after little "pub team" Kanaus pumped "european giants" rangers. It's snidey wee articles like this that made tuesday all the sweeter.

Archived