The 'Lithuanian football slum' by Chick Dung

billco98

Chuck Berry
Chick Young's view

In truth their woeful performance in Kaunas was as decrepit and crumbled as the Lithuanian football slum in which Vladimir Romanov's former wee diddy team became his first love again.

Good luck to Kaunas as they edge ever nearer to the Champions' League, but if that ground is worthy of hosting European football then let's hold the British Grand Prix on the road from Cockbridge to Tomintoul.

Chick has it spot on there, the stadium IS a disgrace and how it qualifies for International football let alone European fitba is beyond belief. If you want a pish you actually have to exit the ground to get to the portaloos (no bogs you see).

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monkfish1979
I actually quite enjoy Chick Young's work. Tin hat on.:)

Enjoy how? Car crash embarrassment enjoy? "Look! A ********* balding ferret that can write!" enjoy? I don't understand. :confused:

steviefrailspants

Ach, leave him alone....... he's a Ger's man and obviously hurting !!

Superb points about the fact that quite a few games have already been played there by Scottish teams without any complaint from players or managers.

Just a desperate attempt from Young to point the blame anywhere other than at the real culprits (ie. Rangers players / management / David Murray ). This is so he can comfortably continue the cringeworthy pally pally act that he performs all season long whilst toadying up at all the aforementioned huns. The same goes for Billy Dodds whilst Murdo performs the same role with aplomb for all things Celtic.

Totally laughable journalism but sad at the same time. Exactly the sort of thing I think Romanov means when he talks of the Scottish mafia being given an easy time.

Very sad to think we so recently lost a fine sports broadcaster like Bob Crampsey to be left with total plums likes Young, Dodds & Macleod polluting the airwaves with their sycophantic pish.

monkfish1979
Ach, leave him alone....... he's a Ger's man and obviously hurting !!

Good. I hope he experiences plenty more of it. He's been the first of the hun-loving strokers to rub it in every time something goes wrong for us. Hope he's crying into his laminated Barry the crab photo as we speak.

Romanov Stole My Pension

Before he starts naming everywhere as slums, he should look a bit closer to home at Govan and the Gallowgate in his beautiful city of Glasgow.

The really sad thing about this is that Chick Young was ripped to shreds by Walter Smith in the most humiliating fashion imaginable in an interview clip most of us I'm sure have seen. Just for daring to criticise the quality of Smith's signings. But still, despite the total failure of Smith's selection and "tactics" in trying to beat FKB Kaunus, he feels the need to crawl to Smith with the "I don't blame him" line. Sums up the relationship between the OF and most Scottish "journalists".

"But I remain in the manager's gang."

No ****, sherlock!

Do you know where hell is
As much as I hate Chick Young - I'm with him and JR on this one.

Granted - its nothing to do with whether or not Rangers are capable of beating Kaunas or not, but none the less its a fair and valid point.

The place is a dump. There's no denying it.

I think you and JR have missed the point entirely, its neither here nor there what the stadium looks like as it had no bearing on the final result. If someone steals my car and i catch them at it, they suddenly go "the skys blue, by the way" as true as that is, it has **** all to do with him stealing my car.

The same logic can be applied to simple wee chick the dick, as he used this bit of useless information to deflect from the truth, he may have had a wee dig in the article ( it was impossible not to and he must try and keep up his act) but the whole tone for the piece was set at the start.

Charlie-Brown

The stadium may or may not be a bigger dump than alloa or glebe park brechin although I doubt it - but the pitch looked in very good condition - anyway bottom line is that Rangers players, tactics and performance were absolutely gash and over the 2 legs were deservedly beaten - they didn't do enough to win the tie and LOST! End of story! It was results that got them to the UEFA cup final not great performances - similarly it was results that got them pumped out of europe completely on tuesday night.

shaun.lawson
A great post, which chick young would do well to read.

Funny... if it isn't the disgusting hun fans disgracing the nation off the pitch,or the pitiful hun players embarrassing themselves on it, it's the revolting hun press sickening us all everywhere.

what a sickening state of affairs, what a disgusting club, what a set of idiots that support them in the stands and in the press. FTHuns forever and always.

Such a shame that certain Hearts fans seem determined to align themselves with this poisonous institution. \Feck that...'who's that lying in the stairwell'....

Ugh. I generally agree with many of your thoughts on Rangers FC, KotN - but constantly using the word 'Hun' makes you look an utter hypocrite, and as for the words with which you ended the post... This is football. It's not life and death - except that on a few tragic occasions, human beings have died while watching their team. And singing a song rejoicing in such an incident is just plain sick.

I think you and JR have missed the point entirely, its neither here nor there what the stadium looks like as it had no bearing on the final result. If someone steals my car and i catch them at it, they suddenly go "the skys blue, by the way" as true as that is, it has **** all to do with him stealing my car.

The same logic can be applied to simple wee chick the dick, as he used this bit of useless information to deflect from the truth, he may have had a wee dig in the article ( it was impossible not to and he must try and keep up his act) but the whole tone for the piece was set at the start.

Re-read the middle paragraph of my post.... the one which goes something like this...

"Granted - its nothing to do with whether or not Rangers are capable of beating Kaunas or not, but none the less its a fair and valid point. "

Dont worry, I know what the point is..... and I acknowledge that the quality of the stadium had no bearing on the result whatsoever.

But.... I do think its a fair point. Its a dump.

No, i've never been to Lithuania - but i'm commenting on what I've seen, and IN MY OPINION - its a dump.

Yes, the pitch looked beautiful. Whats that got to do with the price of cheese?!?! Highly irrelevant.

We're talking about the number 1 team in lithuania..... and thats the stadium / crowd they play in / to.

As much as I enjoyed seeing Rangers getting pumped out the other night - seeing Kaunas in their natural environment merely extended my hatred for their club.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Re-read the middle paragraph of my post.... the one which goes something like this...

"Granted - its nothing to do with whether or not Rangers are capable of beating Kaunas or not, but none the less its a fair and valid point. "

Dont worry, I know what the point is..... and I acknowledge that the quality of the stadium had no bearing on the result whatsoever.

But.... I do think its a fair point. Its a dump.

No, i've never been to Lithuania - but i'm commenting on what I've seen, and IN MY OPINION - its a dump.

Yes, the pitch looked beautiful. Whats that got to do with the price of cheese?!?! Highly irrelevant.

We're talking about the number 1 team in lithuania..... and thats the stadium / crowd they play in / to.

As much as I enjoyed seeing Rangers getting pumped out the other night - seeing Kaunas in their natural environment merely extended my hatred for their club.

Is that a joke? The playing surface is everything (except when the Old Firm get gubbed, apparently).

sergent garcia

i dont get it if they played in nou camp you certainly started to like them?

Is that a joke? The playing surface is everything (except when the Old Firm get gubbed, apparently).

In the context of the GAME it might be everything.

But funnily enough - it IS possible to have a nice pitch and still be in a dump.

The two do not go hand in hand.

i dont get it if they played in nou camp you certainly started to like them?

If they played in the nou camp, my feelings for them would be exactly what they were prior to the Rangers game.

I dont like them. Thats my opinion.

sergent garcia
If they played in the nou camp, my feelings for them would be exactly what they were prior to the Rangers game.

I dont like them. Thats my opinion.

so why you write this: As much as I enjoyed seeing Rangers getting pumped out the other night - seeing Kaunas in their natural environment merely extended my hatred for their club and how can liking something be an opinion anyway...

actually im starting to think that not only huns are arrogant *******s

Dusk_Till_Dawn
In the context of the GAME it might be everything.

But funnily enough - it IS possible to have a nice pitch and still be in a dump.

The two do not go hand in hand.

But why is that Chick Young's concern? Because he didn't get a satisfactory pasty before kick-off? The only relevant point to any of us is that, on a perfectly acceptable surface, Kaunas beat Rangers. If Young doesn't like the stadium then he can stand aside next time BBC Scotland look for a journo to head out to a game there.

so why you write this: As much as I enjoyed seeing Rangers getting pumped out the other night - seeing Kaunas in their natural environment merely extended my hatred for their club and how can liking something be an opinion anyway...

actually im starting to think that not only huns are arrogant *******s

Because seeing them play in that shan wee stadium, and with fans who can actually manage to come up with something even more pathetically irritating than the Livi drummer went a long way to showing what a complete non-entity they really are in the footballing world.

Its my opinion and nothing some faceless name on the internet has to say on the matter is likely to change that. If said faceless name also thinks i'm an arrogant ********* then so be it - rest assured i'll not be losing any sleep over it.

But why is that Chick Young's concern? Because he didn't get a satisfactory pasty before kick-off? The only relevant point to any of us is that, on a perfectly acceptable surface, Kaunas beat Rangers. If Young doesn't like the stadium then he can stand aside next time BBC Scotland look for a journo to head out to a game there.

Chick's point is not that it was the quality of the stadium which resulted in Rangers exit.

In fact Chick even goes on to state just how bad his beloved Rangers were.

I cant actually see any part of that article where the quality of the stadium is in any way related to the result....??

Chick made valid points about the differing required standards in different countries. Its a fair point, but as i've said, it doesnt have anything to do with the result.

sergent garcia
Because seeing them play in that shan wee stadium, and with fans who can actually manage to come up with something even more pathetically irritating than the Livi drummer went a long way to showing what a complete non-entity they really are in the footballing world.

Its my opinion and nothing some faceless name on the internet has to say on the matter is likely to change that. If said faceless name also thinks i'm an arrogant ********* then so be it - rest assured i'll not be losing any sleep over it.

its really cool to have so mutch passion... hating kaunas you sure have something to live for...

its really cool to have so mutch passion... hating kaunas you sure have something to live for...

It is safe to say that Kaunas have absolutely no bearing on how I live my life.

They are nothing.

sergent garcia

They are nothing.

so why you bother to take a time and write so many posts about them?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Chick's point is not that it was the quality of the stadium which resulted in Rangers exit.

I cant actually see any part of that article where the quality of the stadium is in any way related to the result....??

Chick made valid points about the differing required standards in different countries. Its a fair point, but as i've said, it doesnt have anything to do with the result.

Just to play devil's advocate, do you think that would have occured to him had Rangers won?

Just to play devil's advocate, do you think that would have occured to him had Rangers won?

If Rangers had won, I suspect he'd have had plenty other things to report on instead of the standard of stadia in Lithuania.

I suspect that even if he hadn't REPORTED on it, his THOUGHTS on the matter would have remained the same.

If he hadnt reported on it, would the point he makes be any less valid.....?

So why even bother mentioning the stadium? Young's ire should be directed solely at the pathetic manner of his team's performance and subsequent result.

Francis Albert

As a Hearts supporter they do, whether you like it or not.

The fact that Kaunas were allowed to play in that stadia is another indictment of the result Rangers 'achieved'.

I am sure that Kaunus were allowed to play there because UEFA, and everyone else, recognises that they are several decades behind more developed footballing nations in terms of infrastructure but deserve the right, as champions of their league and as a member of UEFA, to enter the UEFA Champions League. Arguably more of a right than Rangers who came second in their league and who's fans have disgraced Scotland on their travels across the continent for many years (separate issue).

UEFA probably thought (like most observers) that Kaunus would not progress beyond one game against a team of similar standing and that a seeded team with a better stadium (especially the UEFA cup finalists with a fanbase in the trillions and a stadium the size of the bigotdome) would remove them from the equation in the next round.

They didn't.

Good.

The fact that Kaunas were allowed to play in that stadia is another indictment of the result Rangers 'achieved'.

I am sure that Kaunus were allowed to play there because UEFA, and everyone else, recognises that they are several decades behind more developed footballing nations in terms of infrastructure but deserve the right, as champions of their league and as a member of UEFA, to enter the UEFA Champions League. Arguably more of a right than Rangers who came second in their league and who's fans have disgraced Scotland on their travels across the continent for many years (separate issue).

UEFA probably thought (like most observers) that Kaunus would not progress beyond one game against a team of similar standing and that a seeded team with a better stadium (especially the UEFA cup finalists with a fanbase in the trillions and a stadium the size of the bigotdome) would remove them from the equation in the next round.

They didn't.

Good.

:rofl:

Archived