The 'Lithuanian football slum' by Chick Dung

billco98

Chick Young's view

By Chick Young

BBC Scotland football correspondent

Rangers thought they could just about shoehorn themselves into the next round of the Champions' League qualifiers, but all they could do was produce a load of old cobblers.

In truth their woeful performance in Kaunas was as decrepit and crumbled as the Lithuanian football slum in which Vladimir Romanov's former wee diddy team became his first love again.

Good luck to Kaunas as they edge ever nearer to the Champions' League, but if that ground is worthy of hosting European football then let's hold the British Grand Prix on the road from Cockbridge to Tomintoul.

I've said this before but I make no apologies for repeating myself. There seems to be one rule for British teams in Europe and one rule for the rest.

Queen of the South are forced to flit to Airdrie for their Uefa Cup encounter but compared that heap of rubble in the Baltic, Palmerston is the Taj Mahal.

But if you want to talk architecture then the team that Walter Smith has the look of a condemned Glasgow multi-storey about it.

A thing of beauty? They are the equivalent of a bus shelter with the glass kicked in.

Out of Europe before the domestic season even kicks off? How are the mighty fallen. Manchester must seem like an interplanetary journey away.

It was a miserable performance and the players looked as if they could not have found a team-mate with a pass with the aid of sat-nav and an identikit picture of what the other blokes in the dressing room look like.

Their season hasn't just made a false start - their battery is so flat you could slide it under a door.

Here's the truth. Rangers were living a fantasy existence last season traversing Europe on a wing and a prayer - the Indiana Jones of the game.

They explored new territories and made it up as they went along.

Kaunas was their day of reckoning. And I know what the fans reckon now. That the voice of the people is right and that Walter Smith has got it horribly, dreadfully wrong.

And there will be a price to pay. Like, for example, saying adios to Carlos Cuellar…

The manager's tactics, his signings - in particular Kenny Miller - and his loyalty to players who look like the cast of 'Last of the Summer Wine' irks supporters who think they know best. Maybe they do.

But I remain in the manager's gang. Just as I believed in Gordon Strachan after the Celtic lynch mob wanted him hung, drawn and quartered in the heat of a Bratislavan night.

Kaunas was Rangers' Artmedia, a roasting on a summer evening on a foreign field where the opposition should have been put the sword with a swagger and a smile.

But three consecutive championships later, the fugitive lives on in some style.

Rangers were about as useful as a cat-flap in an aeroplane in Lithuania. But don't think the manager doesn't know that. Walter Smith hasn't lost the plot, just a football match.

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7545825.stm

Another piece of journalistic sewage from that grade one tosser and Paisley troll, Chick Dung.

From what I saw and aslo heard from Pat Nevin, the pitch at Kaunas was in superb order - ideal for playing the ball on the deck. But, oh dear, Dung's beloved Gers didn't have a ball player on the park. Maybe if it had been like the pitch at Castle Greyskull in January the Huns might have won. There again, maybe not.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaun.lawson

Of course, none of us actually know what the stadium or the place is like. And was it my imagination, or weren't Kaunas seriously unpopular on here until, er, around this time yesterday?

Dirk Diggler
Of course, none of us actually know what the stadium or the place is like. And was it my imagination, or weren't Kaunas seriously unpopular on here until, er, around this time yesterday?

Not with me they weren't. :)

Did I mention Chick Young's a toley?

Darth Jambo

He doesn't even disguise his hun loving any longer it seems, given that the stadium was used for the Scotland international, which he reported on, I don't recall any such vitriol about the state of the stadium following the victory!:mad:

Seymour M Hersh

I'm delighted with that report. It shows just how much the little scrotebag is hurting. St Midden fan fat hairy butt!!

That sheep shagging ginger ***** Spence kept on goin on about the place being a dump. I thought it was a bit over the top

If he's like this just now, I can't wait to see the bile that he'll write if his beloved Huns take a few beatings at the start of the season. Rangers look like being absolute cack this season and if we made a couple of good signings - who knows perhaps splitting the old firm again would be a possibility.

Nucky Thompson

Not with me either:rolleyes:

And yes Chick Young is indeed a toley:)

Forres Jambo

Before anyone gets on at me for backing up Chick Young, he does have a point about the stadiums. Scottish clubs have to move for uefa regulations and yet you see some of the clubs stadiums make highland league clubs grounds look like the emirates stadium. But rangers are just rotten so he's probably trying to make an excuse for them!

monkfish1979

How the guy gets to ply his trade as a journalist is entirely beyond me. Every single time something happens in Scottish football, he pops back up like a particularly stubborn floater in a Greek toilet bowl, spouting pesh and beating his pigeon chest about how unfair/unacceptable things are in Glasgow. Grade-A stroker. On a par with the angry swearing guy in that video.

alwaysthereinspirit

What a pure ******. Using the word slum is only to get a rise out off Vlad. Any chance we ban Young from Tynecastle.

Guest jambomickey
How the guy gets to ply his trade as a journalist is entirely beyond me. Every single time something happens in Scottish football, he pops back up like a particularly stubborn floater in a Greek toilet bowl, spouting pesh and beating his pigeon chest about how unfair/unacceptable things are in Glasgow. Grade-A stroker. On a par with the angry swearing guy in that video.

ditto mate! couldn't have put it better myself

shaun.lawson
Should play the next game at tynie then....

See? I told you teams that play in yellow and green are quality! :P

Chick Young's view

Rangers thought they could just about shoehorn themselves into the next round of the Champions' League qualifiers, but all they could do was produce a load of old cobblers.

I feel insulted. Do you think I could sue for defamation of character.

To be fair, coming from Paisley he would know a slum if he saw one.

Nothing like addressing the REAL issue eh ?

What a complete and utter fecking irrelevance of a man.

I seriously object to my License money paying this nimrod's wages.

I can't stand how all his articlea are written in those supposed-to-be-catchy one line paragraphs.

Is that so the weedgie nuggets that normally read the Sun and Daily Record and have stumbled across an internet connection can understand him?!

jamboinglasgow

Did anyone find funny that in no reports on the news since yesterdays win on tv do they mention Vlad. Before the match it was always said Vladmir Romanov's Kaunas who also owns hearts but since then it is "unknowns Kaunas."

coppercrutch
He doesn't even disguise his hun loving any longer it seems, given that the stadium was used for the Scotland international, which he reported on, I don't recall any such vitriol about the state of the stadium following the victory!:mad:

An exceptionally good point. :thumb:

What a shambolic pievce of "journalism" - He just keeps on pulling out the stretched metaphors like a second rate scriptwriter trying to make another series of Blackadder...

As for spending the first portion attacking the ground, well FFS does he not for one minute think that QOTS are using Airdrie's ground for th extra revenue just as Gretna did in Europe with Fir Park. These wee teams are not complaining themselves so why does he try to pretend that the ground was poor? The pitch was fine even if the weather was decidely "Scottish" rather than Summery as Chic seemed to think...

Hehe what a bawbag. A desperate atempt to find something negative.

The pitch was in very good condidion and I was never aware that the condition of the stands has any influence on performace of the teams. Plus like someone said Scotland played in that same stadium 2 times, Celtic 2 times and this was second visit for Rangers. Can't remember this pish talkin then but I suppose a bit of rain and Rangers losing just ruins a stadium overnight... and finaly the stadium meets both UEFA and FIFA standarts.

They are the equivalent of a bus shelter with the glass kicked in.

Chicko and his fellow Huns would know all about that after Manchester right enough.

Nucky Thompson

The pitch was in very good condidion and I was never aware that the condition of the stands has any influence on performace of the teams. Plus like someone said Scotland played played in that same stadium 2 times, Celtic 2 times and this was second visit for Rangers. The stadium meets both UEFA and FIFA standarts. Can't remember this pish talkin then but I suppose a bit of rain and Rangers losing just ruins a stadium overnight...

Good point mate.

Guest jambomickey

that stadium was class compared to some of the stadiums we used to go to in the first division years pre wallace mercer! but they were fantastic times though.

Guess The Crowd

On a related point, I wonder if anyone else caught BBC Radio Scotland's lengthy inquest tonight?

Richard Gordon was sounding particularly depressed, and I was tempted to phone in to ask him if he thought Kaunas's win would have been even more emphatic if only they'd managed to hold on to Mikoliunas.......

See? I told you teams that play in yellow and green are quality! :P

Steady on Shaun, some teams up here have also played in those colours. :evilno:

J.T.F.Robertson

The pitch was in very good condidion and I was never aware that the condition of the stands has any influence on performace of the teams. Plus like someone said Scotland played in that same stadium 2 times, Celtic 2 times and this was second visit for Rangers. Can't remember this pish talkin then but I suppose a bit of rain and Rangers losing just ruins a stadium overnight ... and finaly the stadium meets both UEFA and FIFA standarts.

It's his attempt at a diversion......... it's a poor one. :)

Commander Harris

Nor with me.

I'd also like to echo your incisive comments on Chick Young. :)

shaun.lawson
Steady on Shaun, some teams up here have also played in those colours. :evilno:

I know! It's why that, try as I genuinely did, I just couldn't bring myself to slag off a certain away strip...

Still, its nice to know that the little vagina is hurting.

You can feel his pain reading that guff.

GIRFUY Chico ya wee fud.

coppercrutch
Still, its nice to know that the little vagina is hurting.

You can feel his pain reading that guff.

GIRFUY Chico ya wee fud.

And to add insult to injury our resident Lithuanian poster on JKB has a far better understanding of the English Language than this so called English speaking journalist.

:)

Maroon Mayhem
Nothing like addressing the REAL issue eh ?

What a complete and utter fecking irrelevance of a man.

I seriously object to my License money paying this nimrod's wages.

And so say a vast majority of us.....

I listened to the piece put together by Radio Scotland last week, aired on Saturday, paying testimony to the late Bob Crampsey. Chick had his say as you might expect.

The piece, and indeed Chick, spoke of Bob's style, humilty, professionalism, neutrality and above all knowledge.

Chick then produces this article not a week later, exhibiting none of those traits.

Rest in Peace Mr Crampsey, you will surely be missed.

John Findlay

Of course Love Street, Tannadice and Dens Park are all the equivalent of the Stade Francais.

In a fortnight when Bob Crampsey has passed away. Chic Young is an apt reminder how bad footballing journalism in Scotland is.

John

J.T.F.Robertson
I listened to the piece put together by Radio Scotland last week, aired on Saturday, paying testimony to the late Bob Crampsey. Chick had his say as you might expect.

The piece, and indeed Chick, spoke of Bob's style, humilty, professionalism, neutrality and above all knowledge.

Chick then produces this article not a week later, exhibiting none of those traits.

Rest in Peace Mr Crampsey, you will surely be missed.

I read that. He obviously didn't remain "inspired" for long.

Non-entity.

Gigolo-Aunt

Poor wee Chick, missing out on those trips abroad to follows his heroes.

Poor BBC viewers. We will miss Chicks indepth views on what Rangers are facing in Europe. You know the ones, when he is sitting outside a cafe with his plate of untouched food and his glass of red wine. Lapping up the sun and saying its a lovely country.

Unlucky Chicky boo.

lost in leith
What a shambolic pievce of "journalism" - He just keeps on pulling out the stretched metaphors like a second rate scriptwriter trying to make another series of Blackadder...

As for spending the first portion attacking the ground, well FFS does he not for one minute think that QOTS are using Airdrie's ground for th extra revenue just as Gretna did in Europe with Fir Park. These wee teams are not complaining themselves so why does he try to pretend that the ground was poor? The pitch was fine even if the weather was decidely "Scottish" rather than Summery as Chic seemed to think...

Spot on. Queens could have used Palmerston for their UEFA tie, but couldn't open the terracing, which would have meant that there were only 3,000 seats. Once media, away fans and segregation were taken into account home fans wouldn't get much more than 2,000 tickets, so they decided to move the game. All of this is clearly set out on the club's website, so even a third rate journalist could find this out. Unfortunately Chick has to up his game quite a bit to reach that level.

Funny how this 'unjust' treatment of Queens didn't seem to bother him until last night :rolleyes:

Broxburn Jambo
Chick Young's view

By Chick Young

BBC Scotland football correspondent

In truth their woeful performance in Kaunas was as decrepit and crumbled as the Lithuanian football slum in which Vladimir Romanov's former wee diddy team became his first love again.

Good luck to Kaunas as they edge ever nearer to the Champions' League, but if that ground is worthy of hosting European football then let's hold the British Grand Prix on the road from Cockbridge to Tomintoul.

I've said this before but I make no apologies for repeating myself. There seems to be one rule for British teams in Europe and one rule for the rest.

Queen of the South are forced to flit to Airdrie for their Uefa Cup encounter but compared that heap of rubble in the Baltic, Palmerston is the Taj Mahal.

But if you want to talk architecture then the team that Walter Smith has the look of a condemned Glasgow multi-storey about it.

A thing of beauty? They are the equivalent of a bus shelter with the glass kicked in.

Out of Europe before the domestic season even kicks off? How are the mighty fallen. Manchester must seem like an interplanetary journey away.

It was a miserable performance and the players looked as if they could not have found a team-mate with a pass with the aid of sat-nav and an identikit picture of what the other blokes in the dressing room look like.

Their season hasn't just made a false start - their battery is so flat you could slide it under a door.

Here's the truth. Rangers were living a fantasy existence last season traversing Europe on a wing and a prayer - the Indiana Jones of the game.

They explored new territories and made it up as they went along.

Kaunas was their day of reckoning. And I know what the fans reckon now. That the voice of the people is right and that Walter Smith has got it horribly, dreadfully wrong.

And there will be a price to pay. Like, for example, saying adios to Carlos Cuellar…

The manager's tactics, his signings - in particular Kenny Miller - and his loyalty to players who look like the cast of 'Last of the Summer Wine' irks supporters who think they know best. Maybe they do.

But I remain in the manager's gang. Just as I believed in Gordon Strachan after the Celtic lynch mob wanted him hung, drawn and quartered in the heat of a Bratislavan night.

Kaunas was Rangers' Artmedia, a roasting on a summer evening on a foreign field where the opposition should have been put the sword with a swagger and a smile.

But three consecutive championships later, the fugitive lives on in some style.

Rangers were about as useful as a cat-flap in an aeroplane in Lithuania. But don't think the manager doesn't know that. Walter Smith hasn't lost the plot, just a football match.

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7545825.stm

Another piece of journalistic sewage from that grade one tosser and Paisley troll, Chick Dung.

From what I saw and aslo heard from Pat Nevin, the pitch at Kaunas was in superb order - ideal for playing the ball on the deck. But, oh dear, Dung's beloved Gers didn't have a ball player on the park. Maybe if it had been like the pitch at Castle Greyskull in January the Huns might have won. There again, maybe not.

What an erse!!!!!

Francis Albert

The really sad thing about this is that Chick Young was ripped to shreds by Walter Smith in the most humiliating fashion imaginable in an interview clip most of us I'm sure have seen. Just for daring to criticise the quality of Smith's signings. But still, despite the total failure of Smith's selection and "tactics" in trying to beat FKB Kaunus, he feels the need to crawl to Smith with the "I don't blame him" line. Sums up the relationship between the OF and most Scottish "journalists".

I was a member of the amatuer team that played there a couple of months ago and although the stadium isnt a Old Trafford or Wembley it is fine. Changing rooms are pretty small and the showers are dreadful but surely no worse than Rangers would have had to deal with in Cup ties against 1st Division teams or even some Premier teams. The pitch as pointed out is an excellent surface to play on. Keith Jackson had a similar go at the stadium in today Record :rolleyes:

Francis Albert
Changing rooms are pretty small and the showers are dreadful

A bit like Tynecastle then.

shaun.lawson
I was a member of the amatuer team that played there a couple of months ago and although the stadium isnt a Old Trafford or Wembley it is fine. Changing rooms are pretty small and the showers are dreadful but surely no worse than Rangers would have had to deal with in Cup ties against 1st Division teams or even some Premier teams. The pitch as pointed out is an excellent surface to play on. Keith Jackson had a similar go at the stadium in today Record :rolleyes:

Thanks for this: I was speaking from pure ignorance, but on reflection, I think I have to say...

Chick Young is a toley. :)

Geoff Kilpatrick
The really sad thing about this is that Chick Young was ripped to shreds by Walter Smith in the most humiliating fashion imaginable in an interview clip most of us I'm sure have seen. Just for daring to criticise the quality of Smith's signings. But still, despite the total failure of Smith's selection and "tactics" in trying to beat FKB Kaunus, he feels the need to crawl to Smith with the "I don't blame him" line. Sums up the relationship between the OF and most Scottish "journalists".

Yep, it's amazing how they all defend "Walter".

Thunderstruck

El Chico has, unfortunately, failed to think this through. A mere six days earlier, his favourite team of "footballing giants" failed to beat the same opposition on their own "world class" stadium on a balmy Scottish evening. Had they done the business on their own patch, the state of the Kaunas stadium would have been as irrelevant as he is.

Of course Love Street, Tannadice and Dens Park are all the equivalent of the Stade Francais.

In a fortnight when Bob Crampsey has passed away. Chic Young is an apt reminder how bad footballing journalism in Scotland is. John, no direspect but please do not mention that scroteballer in the same post as Mr Bob Crampsey. I only heard of Bob's passing on K.B. as i'm o/seas and i cannot believe that little snivvelin *hit was commenting on Bob's journalism. Has the Scottish football media really sank that low ?!!:mad:

I wanted Kaunas to win. Chick can go feck himself.

Spot on. Queens could have used Palmerston for their UEFA tie, but couldn't open the terracing, which would have meant that there were only 3,000 seats. Once media, away fans and segregation were taken into account home fans wouldn't get much more than 2,000 tickets, so they decided to move the game. All of this is clearly set out on the club's website, so even a third rate journalist could find this out. Unfortunately Chick has to up his game quite a bit to reach that level.

Funny how this 'unjust' treatment of Queens didn't seem to bother him until last night :rolleyes:

Aye a bit similar to the length of time Queens had to wait on poor old rangers and their fixture backlog for the S.C.F. Just a pity that never backfired on them as well !!:sad:

Archived