The 'Lithuanian football slum' by Chick Dung

billco98

The only comment, in my lowly humble opinion , that matches the script from the BBC is Pistol1874's as for the rest why are giving oxygen to the tw@t that is C. Young.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take a look at the link available from that, where WS goes off on one. CY offers to reframe the interview!!

King of the North
The really sad thing about this is that Chick Young was ripped to shreds by Walter Smith in the most humiliating fashion imaginable in an interview clip most of us I'm sure have seen. Just for daring to criticise the quality of Smith's signings. But still, despite the total failure of Smith's selection and "tactics" in trying to beat FKB Kaunus, he feels the need to crawl to Smith with the "I don't blame him" line. Sums up the relationship between the OF and most Scottish "journalists".

A great post, which chick young would do well to read.

Funny... if it isn't the disgusting hun fans disgracing the nation off the pitch,or the pitiful hun players embarrassing themselves on it, it's the revolting hun press sickening us all everywhere.

what a sickening state of affairs, what a disgusting club, what a set of idiots that support them in the stands and in the press. FTHuns forever and always.

Such a shame that certain Hearts fans seem determined to align themselves with this poisonous institution. \Feck that...'who's that lying in the stairwell'....

Chick Young epitomizes everything that is wrong with Scottish football journalism. It will never be never anything but pandering to the OF. If anyone every writes anything they don't like, they will simply stop speaking to them, hence doing themselves out of a job. No more Chick Dung exclusives or freebies, can you imagine that?

I would quite like to see Graham Spiers write an article on the pumping of Rangers as he pretty much always tells it as it is. I honestly have quite a lot of respect for him.

Chad Sexington

I'm amazed at how this little non-entity continues to be employed as a "football journalist".

His writing style, particularly his use of third rate metaphors in every other sentence, is almost physically painful to read.

Watching him on TV makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon.

Listening to him on the radio makes me yearn for the sweet release of deafness.

He's also a toley.

portobellojambo1
The really sad thing about this is that Chick Young was ripped to shreds by Walter Smith in the most humiliating fashion imaginable in an interview clip most of us I'm sure have seen. Just for daring to criticise the quality of Smith's signings. But still, despite the total failure of Smith's selection and "tactics" in trying to beat FKB Kaunus, he feels the need to crawl to Smith with the "I don't blame him" line. Sums up the relationship between the OF and most Scottish "journalists".

I assume it is this one you are referring to (and i hadn't seen it until now, when I went looking) -

Of course, none of us actually know what the stadium or the place is like. And was it my imagination, or weren't Kaunas seriously unpopular on here until, er, around this time yesterday?

Are you calling us fickle? ;)

heartgarfunkel
That sheep shagging ginger ***** Spence kept on goin on about the place being a dump. I thought it was a bit over the top

A Dundonian has a ****ing cheek calling anywhere a dump.

Pants Shaton

My drunken reflections on Chick Young seem to have been deleted, I'll have another go without the naughty words:

Talentless, toadying, sycophantic, self-satisfied, tit.

A picture is worth a 1000 words:

KW0001.jpg

Guest Dipped Flake
Of course, none of us actually know what the stadium or the place is like. And was it my imagination, or weren't Kaunas seriously unpopular on here until, er, around this time yesterday?

I was there the last time Scotland played there and believe me, the stadium looks like it is going to collapse at any minute. The upper tier of the 'stand' at our end was bouncing up and down with the fans and had no supports holding it up, it was just a concrete overhang, right above our heads!!!

For all that though, Chic Young is a total bawbag, using this to try and divert attention away from his beloved huns getting papped out; and also having yet another dig at Romanov.....

gorgie rd eh11
My drunken reflections on Chick Young seem to have been deleted, I'll have another go without the naughty words:

Talentless, toadying, sycophantic, self-satisfied, tit.

A picture is worth a 1000 words:

KW0001.jpg

Looking very gay on his Hog.

I'm delighted the Lithuanian trip was a nightmare in every way for chic, jacko and all the rest.

Guest JamboRobbo

He has a point to be honest. For example, Hearts aren't allowed to play at Tynie. Yet Kaunus can play in that stadium?

Clearly Tynie is the much better stadium. So he does have a point.

gorgie rd eh11
He has a point to be honest. For example, Hearts aren't allowed to play at Tynie. Yet Kaunus can play in that stadium?

If he could see past his "Lithuania-bad-boo" stance, then maybe people wouldn't think(know) he was such a c**k.

No JR he doesn't.

The state of the stadium is irrelevent to his beloved Rangers pish poor performance. He is flailing around trying to find something to blame.

Guest JamboRobbo
No JR he doesn't.

The state of the stadium is irrelevent to his beloved Rangers pish poor performance. He is flailing around trying to find something to blame.

You're entitled to your opinion.

The ground is crap but its hardly the burning issue is it ?

He's just trying to avoid calling it like it is and admitting that Rangers are sheeite and falling back on the old have a go at the nasty Lithuanian/Vlad card.

The wee fud uses it like his joker card.

You're entitled to your opinion.

Thanks for that :rolleyes:

But the fact is that Hearts could play Euro games at Tynie but chose not to for financial reasons. The issue was a minor technical one about dimensions which could have been appealed successfully as Liverpool and others did for years.

Chick Dung is a toley !

I am not a big fan of Chick Young, but that article has about 5 'paragraphs' of a total of 20 which mention the poor quality of the Kaunas stadium and how there is an oddity in the football regulations which allows these poor stadia to be used in some countries but not others.

Then there are about 15 of the 20 which corruscate Rangers, their tactics, signings, the manager, the players etc.

Where do people get the idea that Young is more concerned about slights on Kaunas than criticism of Rangers?

Confirmation bias

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

portobellojambo1

There is no doubt that the stadium is falling to pieces, but that isn't what lost Rangers the game the other night, nor was it the state of the playing surface, the width of the running track, or the fact it was raining, it was the performance of the players they selected that resulted in them losing out.

If he stuck to that, and not gone looking for excuses, his journalistic report would have been more acceptable.

Guest JamboRobbo
Thanks for that :rolleyes:

No problem.

But the fact is that Hearts could play Euro games at Tynie but chose not to for financial reasons. The issue was a minor technical one about dimensions which could have been appealed successfully as Liverpool and others did for years.

Apologies, I didn't realise you worked on the UEFA stadium committee (i'm assuming you do as thats the only way you could know for a fact that Hearts could play Euro games at Tynie).

Chick Dung is a toley !

Agreed.

There is no doubt that the stadium is falling to pieces, but that isn't what lost Rangers the game the other night, nor was it the state of the playing surface, the width of the running track, or the fact it was raining, it was the performance of the players they selected that resulted in them losing out.

If he stuck to that, and not gone looking for excuses, his journalistic report would have been more acceptable.

Amen.

Guest JamboRobbo

To be fair, I don't see anywhere where he blamed the stadium or the surface for their defeat?

He makes the point about the stadium, and how it affects QOS currently, then goes on to slag rangers for how rubbish they were for the rest of the article.

No problem.

Apologies, I didn't realise you worked on the UEFA stadium committee (i'm assuming you do as thats the only way you could know for a fact that Hearts could play Euro games at Tynie).

Agreed.

Oddly enough I don't work for UEFA in any capacity. But I was told by Campbell Ogilvey in person that this is the case. If anyone knows the facts he should. The fact is we have played loads of Euro games at Tynie.

Guest JamboRobbo
Oddly enough I don't work for UEFA in any capacity. But I was told by Campbell Ogilvey in person that this is the case. If anyone knows the facts he should. The fact is we have played loads of Euro games at Tynie.

In the past yes. Right now, we'd need to go to the UEFA stadiums committee with a request for dispensation. Campbell may well be confide t of getting it, but we'd still have to go through the process, so it's not a fact that we'd definately get it, just as it wasn't a fact that we'd definately get Obua's permit, although we were confident we would, and we did.

In the past yes. Right now, we'd need to go to the UEFA stadiums committee with a request for dispensation. Campbell may well be confide t of getting it, but we'd still have to go through the process, so it's not a fact that we'd definately get it, just as it wasn't a fact that we'd definately get Obua's permit, although we were confident we would, and we did.

Can't disagree with any of that JR.

But if and when we do get back into Europe I sincerely hope we DO go through the process. The whole Murrayfield thing is dysfunctional.

I listened to the piece put together by Radio Scotland last week, aired on Saturday, paying testimony to the late Bob Crampsey. Chick had his say as you might expect.

The piece, and indeed Chick, spoke of Bob's style, humilty, professionalism, neutrality and above all knowledge.

Chick then produces this article not a week later, exhibiting none of those traits.

Rest in Peace Mr Crampsey, you will surely be missed.

Here here, Mr Crampsey is indeed sorely missed in media intense times like these.

Guest JamboRobbo

But if and when we do get back into Europe I sincerely hope we DO go through the process. The whole Murrayfield thing is dysfunctional.

Agreed. :)

portobellojambo1
To be fair, I don't see anywhere where he blamed the stadium or the surface for their defeat?

He makes the point about the stadium, and how it affects QOS currently, then goes on to slag rangers for how rubbish they were for the rest of the article.

To me it read like sour grapes JR, otherwise why raise it in the first place, other than as a means of deflection away from the crucial points, i.e. Rangers were s h i t, which he should have stuck to.

My limited understanding of UEFA compliant stadiums, from what I have read, seems to suggest that the most important factors they take into account are the actual size of the playing surface and the amount of run off area available, Kaunas pass on both counts, Hearts playing surface, I believe, is now large enough, certainly for UEFA ties, but we may fall down with regard to run off area for CL ties. It doesn't matter if the actual stadium is The Emirates Stadium or a run down hole in Kaunas, both are acceptable to UEFA (again based on my understanding of the requirements of said stadia).

Guest JamboRobbo
To me it read like sour grapes JR, otherwise why raise it in the first place, other than as a means of deflection away from the crucial points, i.e. Rangers were s h i t, which he should have stuck to.

Fair enough, to me, it seemed a fair point. Should've been further down the article perhaps, but a fair point IMO. He did spend quite a bit of the article saying how sh i t they are.

My limited understanding of UEFA compliant stadiums, from what I have read, seems to suggest that the most important factors they take into account are the actual size of the playing surface and the amount of run off area available, Kaunas pass on both counts, Hearts playing surface, I believe, is now large enough, certainly for UEFA ties, but we may fall down with regard to run off area for CL ties. It doesn't matter if the actual stadium is The Emirates Stadium or a run down hole in Kaunas, both are acceptable to UEFA (again based on my understanding of the requirements of said stadia).

Agree, but I think thats the point he's making. How can a stadium like that, be more worthy, and somewhere like Tynie isn't, just cause of a run off area or whatever?

It's clear to anyone looking at it which is the better football stadium.......

Chad Sexington

Agree, but I think thats the point he's making. How can a stadium like that, be more worthy, and somewhere like Tynie isn't, just cause of a run off area or whatever?

But the reason Tyncastle is deemed unworthy is nothing to do with facilities or the state of the stadium. It's because of the dimensions of the pitch.

Like it or not Kaunas' pitch meets the regulations and ours doesn't.

Seems a bit daft but there you go.

Guest JamboRobbo
But the reason Tyncastle is deemed unworthy is nothing to do with facilities or the state of the stadium. It's because of the dimensions of the pitch.

Agree thats the reasons.

So you agree with Chic then? :P;)

Fair enough, to me, it seemed a fair point. Should've been further down the article perhaps, but a fair point IMO. He did spend quite a bit of the article saying how sh i t they are.

This has been an issue with me for a long time and I have mentioned it on here before, UEFA/FIFA's views on the whole stadium thing is a joke. So it's ok if teams stadiums are falling to pieces and being used to launch missiles at away fans (not talking about Kaunas but more the Greek and Turkish clubs from the earlier part of this century) but UEFA get all in a tissy if someones pitch doesn't measure up or if there isn't a big enough run off area ....... sums up UEFA/FIFA for me.

As much as I hate to say it, and I will go away and have a boiling hot shower with bleach after this, but Chick Dung does have a point about the stadium situation, although he does use it as misinformation to take the heat off his beloved Rankgers.

Although I thought the pitch looked pretty good on the TV on Tuesday night, didn't hamper Kaunas passing the ball about.

Sad as I am I visited Kaunas last year and watched them play

Never struck me as being a dump in particular. Certainly looked like an old eastern block type sports stadium and I stress sport as football aint there no 1 sport and it houses basketball, athletics etc also. nice playing surface which was getting maintained the day we visited the stadium prior to the game and was clean enough and tidy. More of a Meadowbank than a Tynie but prob in better condition than Meadowbank. no I dont get what he is on about and all credit to the poster who pointed out that Chuck dung never mentioned the calibre of the stadium when scotland played there (presume its correct) but used it as an excuse for his beloved Rancers

Agreed. We have to get European football nights back to Tynie.

Seymour M Hersh
Of course Love Street' date=' Tannadice and Dens Park are all the equivalent of the Stade Francais.

In a fortnight when Bob Crampsey has passed away. Chic Young is an apt reminder how bad footballing journalism in Scotland is. John, no direspect but please do not mention that scroteballer in the same post as Mr Bob Crampsey. I only heard of Bob's passing on K.B. as i'm o/seas and i cannot believe that little snivvelin *hit was commenting on Bob's journalism. [b']Has the Scottish football media really sank that low[/b] ?!!:mad:

Yes it has, in fact there are probably worse the Dung out there. Apart from Speirs there are very few if any I can think of who I enjoy reading or listening to. The two from off the ball would also fall into the enjoy listening to category.

Chick Young's view

By Chick Young

BBC Scotland football correspondent

In truth their woeful performance in Kaunas was as decrepit and crumbled as the Lithuanian football slum in which Vladimir Romanov's former wee diddy team became his first love again.

Good luck to Kaunas as they edge ever nearer to the Champions' League, but if that ground is worthy of hosting European football then let's hold the British Grand Prix on the road from Cockbridge to Tomintoul.

I've said this before but I make no apologies for repeating myself. There seems to be one rule for British teams in Europe and one rule for the rest.

Queen of the South are forced to flit to Airdrie for their Uefa Cup encounter but compared that heap of rubble in the Baltic, Palmerston is the Taj Mahal.

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7545825.stm

I agree the guy is a t@@t but having experienced the palatial surroundings and atmosphere of Tynecastle on a European night when compared to say the National Stadium in Sarajevo (tank shell holes in the wall of the changing rooms and water running down the electric light cables in the dressing rooms and showers) you have to ask why our governing body accepts slums like that to be used for International and UEFA ties and decides our stadium is sub standard for a euro purpose?

Did anyone find funny that in no reports on the news since yesterdays win on tv do they mention Vlad. Before the match it was always said Vladmir Romanov's Kaunas who also owns hearts but since then it is "unknowns Kaunas."

I did notice that. When Kaunas were no-marks, whenever they were mentioned there would always be a reference to VR and to Hearts. As soon as they beat Rangers, suddenly all such references vanished.

Quelle surprise, eh?

this_is_my_story

JOURNALIST PROFILES No. 126 CHICK YOUNG (BBC SCOTLAND)

A legendary half-wit in Scottish media circles, Chick 'Exclusive' Young is well known for his banal observations and truly moronic journalistic offerings. His uncanny ability to work his nose into the rear crevice of senior employees of Glasgow Rangers FC remains unmatched.

We caught up with Chick earlier this week, and while he seemed extremely upest over what he referred to as a 'personal tragedy' which occured on Tuesday, we were still able to compile our ever popular 'Favourites' list.

CHICK YOUNG - MY FAVOURITES

Favourite food - Walter's baws

Favourite Drink - Ally's pish

Unfortunately, our interview had to be cut short at this point, Chick having received a call on his mobile telephone and mumbling something about getting to Murray Park in a hurry for fellatio duties.

We thank Chick for his time.

As much as I hate Chick Young - I'm with him and JR on this one.

Granted - its nothing to do with whether or not Rangers are capable of beating Kaunas or not, but none the less its a fair and valid point.

The place is a dump. There's no denying it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I remember West Ham once refusing to use Rotherham's changing room because it wasn't "up to scratch". They really out to send these w@nkers out to the slums of Zimbabwe for a mooch around.

As much as I hate Chick Young - I'm with him and JR on this one.

Granted - its nothing to do with whether or not Rangers are capable of beating Kaunas or not, but none the less its a fair and valid point.

The place is a dump. There's no denying it.

Sorry, but have you seen/been at this so called dump? And, if yes, witch part of this dump haven't satisfied you? The stands or the pitch?

john brownlee

And thats one of the reasons Mr Romanov is building and improving the facilities at Tynecastle .

So we can play euro football and have a bigger crowd capacity

and I do agree chik dung is a tolley

Chick Young - I HATE YOU !

Simple as that - Another attack at Romanov straight out of Ibrox...

He who laughs last, laughs loudest !

You might have robbed us of Webster - The basket ball manouvere by Ferguson, and countless other crimes.

What goes around comes around ----- call it Karma, what ever you want.

Old Vlad must be ****ing himself, he has cost Murray ?10m.

Archived