hearts appoint a new assistant manager (merged threads)

middie101

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Five to One

"Now we have a technical team and I don't think we'll make any other changes for the moment. We must focus on achieving success."

Does this bit refer to signings as well as the technical team?

Bordeaux 03
"Now we have a technical team and I don't think we'll make any other changes for the moment. We must focus on achieving success."

I thought it meant the opposite tbh. More signings will just upset things further i think.

Auld Reekin'
It also gives Csaba a friend, an ally and someone who can reinforce Csaba's ethos and style throughout the youth system

Top news

A very good point, and a very good sign that Csaba is being allowed to make at least some of the key decisions. This could be a real step forward for us.

How do you pronounce the 'u', is it Boorger?

The umlaut above the "U" changes the pronunciation and from memory (it is many moons since I did German at school) I think it is pronounced

Verner Boirger

Five to One
I thought it meant the opposite tbh. More signings will just upset things further i think.

But Csaba's openly admitted we need a goalkeeper and striker. Only two weeks ago.

Jambof3tornado

Glad that Csaba was given a role in getting his no 2 in place,now lets all start to look forward to a more settled season which hopefully will be more successful than our last one.

Mon the Csaba Burger!!!:wacko:

grumpyespana
When you read the piece on the official website it is possible to interpret what Laszlo says as him hoping that will be the case as well. Describes him (Burger) as a good second coach with experience at youth level too. (No need to keep Cervenkov on the books in that case).[/quote

As for Cervenkov was it not said from the start that he was going to be the reserve team coach.

Grumpy.

Bordeaux 03
But Csaba's openly admitted we need a goalkeeper and striker. Only two weeks ago.

Don't think we are in rush for a keeper and we kind of already have Tullberg so apart from that and Obua i don't think he wants anyone else in, its a case of getting on with the job now.

I think its just the technical team. Remember we have just brought Tullburg back over so I would expect signings before the transfer window and possibly a few players leaving.

Just asked the German missus. She assures me it's pronounced "Boorger".

As I said "many moons ago"

My "German" teacher was Scottish.

Five to One
Don't think we are in rush for a keeper and we kind of already have Tullberg so apart from that and Obua i don't think he wants anyone else in, its a case of getting on with the job now.

I guess that's fair enough and hopefully points to Vlad realising you only have a good squad with a decent manager at the helm. Be interesting to see how some of the same players do this season.

RICHARD THE LION HEART

His name is J?rgen Seeberger

Just googled "Swiss Football Trainers" and have come up with this list of trainers for Red Star Zurich :

Red Star ZH [1905; Sportplatz Allmend Brunau]

-----------

1946-47 B

1983-84 B

1946-47 Edy M?ller

? Franz Sobotka CZE

? Max Barras

1967-68 Andr? Cornioley

1968-70 Bruno Brizzi

1970-72 Aldo Zappia

1972-73 Peter von Burg

1974-75 Kurt Sutter

1975-76 Ren? Treichler

1978-79 Worni

1980-86 Marcel Cornioley

1986-88 Peter Truber

1988-90 Heinz Keller

1990-92 Daniel Steiger

1992-94 Marcel Cornioley

1994-96 Domenico Sinardo

1996-97 Daniel Steiger

J?rgen Seeberger (01.97) GER

1997-99 J?rgen Seeberger GER

1999-02 Walter Iselin

2002-06 Ulrich Forte ITA

2006-07 Salvatore Andracchio

RICHARD THE LION HEART

Yip! That`s our man!....Strange for the official site to get his name wrong though!!!!!

Drylaw Hearts
Yip! That`s our man!....Strange for the official site to get his name wrong though!!!!!

Surely they haven't got this wrong ?

Charlie-Brown

according to wikipedia Aachen coach Seeburger is only 43 but Hearts website says Werner Burger is 50 years old.

But even Csaba is quoted as calling him "Werner" not Jurgen??

Maybe its just some Lith lackey but they didnt get the fake name right ;)

jamboinglasgow

heres a picture of him

Juergen_Seeberger_2786_1.k.jpg

and they that his name is J?rgen Seeberger. And he is/was manager of a Bundisleague 2 team. Same age as Csaba, must of seem some appeal coming to hearts in giving up a decent posistion to become a no.2. Hopefully that is great news for us.

heres a picture of him

and they that his name is J?rgen Seeberger. And he is/was manager of a Bundisleague 2 team. Same age as Csaba, must of seem some appeal coming to hearts in giving up a decent posistion to become a no.2. Hopefully that is great news for us.

I dont think that is the guy that Hearts have just appointed.

Charlie-Brown
heres a picture of him

I don't think that is the same guy - Csaba calls him Werner, the website says he is age 50 not 43 and he isn't described as a head coach but as an assistant and backroom staff - he also coached for the German Football Association at age 15-19 youth levels.

Drylaw Hearts
So how are we confused over who has been appointed? :eek:

Because the Hearts website has stated that Werner Burger won the Swiss league with Red Star Zurich.

RTLH has found a list of Zurich coaches and J?rgen Seeberger was the Coach the year they won the league.

I cannot see how the website has got his name wrong but you never know !!

jamboinglasgow
But even Csaba is quoted as calling him "Werner" not Jurgen??

Maybe its just some Lith lackey but they didnt get the fake name right ;)

wonder if its his nickname, Csaba calls him Werner, bit odd.

jamboinglasgow
I dont think that is the guy that Hearts have just appointed.

I assure you it is, undeneath his picture is his managerial/coaching career which is identical to what it says on the hearts website

here is the website for you to check

http://www.alemannia-aachen.de/v1/2008_2009/trainer/index.htm

and his career according to it

Bisherige Vereine:

FC Schaffhausen (00 - 03/07), SC Kriens (99 - 00), Red Star Z?rich (97 - 99), FC Schwammendingen (94 - 97)

davemclaren
I assure you it is, undeneath his picture is his managerial/coaching career which is identical to what it says on the hearts website

So who is Werner? :P

davemclaren
Maybe we have appointed 2 guys.

We'll see tomorrow...

Apparently Werner Burger translates as Graham Rix. :cool:

portobellojambo1
I don't think that is the same guy - Csaba calls him Werner, the website says he is age 50 not 43 and he isn't described as a head coach but as an assistant and backroom staff - he also coached for the German Football Association at age 15-19 youth levels.

All seems very confusing, our official website says he guided Red Star Zurich to the league title in 1997-98, but they have never played in the Swiss top league, the highest they have ever been was way back in their National League B. Tried FC Zurich as well but they didn't win the league that year either.

One thing you have to say -- with us it's never clear cut or easy is it.:confused:hoho

Even after an announcement and in this new world age of information we are still not 100% sure of just who we have appointed and his past history.

However I suppose the main point is that it seems to be an appointment made by the manager -- another sign that he at least has a certain level of control.

Important for him to have someone he trusts to talk things over and another pair of eyes with an independant view -- good news overall.

jamboinglasgow
So who is Werner? :P

that is the question;) though remember the offical website got Csabas name wrong at first.

yep i was one of those many. :oopsoops::P

To be honest Dazo, it was not my intention to point fingers. I know some on here like that, but it was not my intention, I can see why some thought that way. I was more commenting on the lay of the land. GR was not allowed to bring in his own team, VI didn't bring in his own team etc etc, that was the lay of the land a few years ago, just a few months ago also.

Now, we have a new, non pyramid manager in charge, he said that he wanted help and a number two but it was not a priority and he would work with Angel short term and that has came to be the case. We are all sceptical as we have been let down too often. We needed to make baby steps and the fans would need to be WON back.

Hire a manager from outwith the pyramid = check

Let him bring in his own players = not quite check, but he has started so it looks promising

Let him bring in his own team = check

Let him pick the team = ?

If the above comes to pass, we will ALL be happy, every single Hearts fan. That is all we want and it is LOOKING like it is gonna happen.

Just asked the German missus. She assures me it's pronounced "Boorger".

No offence Norm, but that reads as if you have multiple wives, of multiple nationalities! :eek:

I don't know whether to be jealous of your hareem or be glad that I only get shouted at by one!:rolleyes:

To be honest Dazo, it was not my intention to point fingers. I know some on here like that, but it was not my intention, I can see why some thought that way. I was more commenting on the lay of the land. GR was not allowed to bring in his own team, VI didn't bring in his own team etc etc, that was the lay of the land a few years ago, just a few months ago also.

Now, we have a new, non pyramid manager in charge, he said that he wanted help and a number two but it was not a priority and he would work with Angel short term and that has came to be the case. We are all sceptical as we have been let down too often. We needed to make baby steps and the fans would need to be WON back.

Let him bring in his own players = not quite check, but he has started so it looks promising

If the above comes to pass, we will ALL be happy, every single Hearts fan. That is all we want and it is LOOKING like it is gonna happen.

Who appointed Duff Jimmy?

10 out of 10 :thumb: good comments

All seems very confusing, our official website says he guided Red Star Zurich to the league title in 1997-98, but they have never played in the Swiss top league, the highest they have ever been was way back in their National League B. Tried FC Zurich as well but they didn't win the league that year either.

There was similar 'confusion' over the claims made on Laszlo's background too. Perhaps just dodgy dossiers by the website people.

Anyway, we have badly needed extra coaching staff for some time. I have no idea of who the various people discussed in this thread as our new assistant manager are or if they are any good.

But we still lack anyone with any experience of Scottish football in the management staff. So that will be a handicap until they get up to speed.

Where's the confusion come from....

Werner Berger was @ FC Shaffhausen....(I think) I'm guessing he was number two @ Red Star Zurich....

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=1&q=%22Werner+Berger%22+%22FC+Schaffhausen%22&spell=1

I've not linked the pages as they mean nothing as they are in english but see from the search his name seems to be spelt "Werner Berger"

If the sites got his name completely wrong then thats redic.

Guest JamboRobbo

It's not to be honest. If you've watched our official site, they get stuff like that wrong all the time. I think they get their "facts" from wikipedia.

Guest JamboRobbo
Pure class.

Interesting to hear from all those posters who stamped their feet over the conversation Csaba had about not getting his 2nd.

Onwards and upwards.

Same old ****e fae you I see. :rolleyes:

portobellojambo1
Where's the confusion come from....

Werner Berger was @ FC Shaffhausen....(I think) I'm guessing he was number two @ Red Star Zurich....

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=1&q=%22Werner+Berger%22+%22FC+Schaffhausen%22&spell=1

I've not linked the pages as they mean nothing as they are in english but see from the search his name seems to be spelt "Werner Berger"

If the sites got his name completely wrong then thats redic.

If you go into the link you provided Kenny, and pull up the content that your link refers to the wording is as follows (in German) -

Reihe 3-6: Information ?ber die Urauff?hrung von Hugo K?ch's Oratorium ?ber Henri Dunant durch den Frauen- und M?nnerchor Schaffhausen im Rahmen der Jubil?umsveransteltungen Schweizerisches Rotes Kreuz (Helene Bieler, Hugo K?ch, Christian Sigg, Jeannette Maurer, Dr. Werner Berger), SN 07.11.1988

Translated into English it is as follows -

Row 3-6: Information about the premiere of Hugo K?ch''s oratorio about Henri Dunant by the women's choir and male-voice choir Schaffhausen within the scope of the Jubil?umsveransteltungen Swiss Red Cross (Helene Bieler, Hugo K?ch, Christian Sigg, Jeannette Maurer, Dr. Werner Berger), SN 07/11/1988.

I am guessing but I believe that may be the wrong Werner Berger.

If you go into the link you provided Kenny, and pull up the content that your link refers to the wording is as follows (in German) -

Reihe 3-6: Information ?ber die Urauff?hrung von Hugo K?ch's Oratorium ?ber Henri Dunant durch den Frauen- und M?nnerchor Schaffhausen im Rahmen der Jubil?umsveransteltungen Schweizerisches Rotes Kreuz (Helene Bieler, Hugo K?ch, Christian Sigg, Jeannette Maurer, Dr. Werner Berger), SN 07.11.1988

Translated into English it is as follows -

Row 3-6: Information about the premiere of Hugo K?ch''s oratorio about Henri Dunant by the women's choir and male-voice choir Schaffhausen within the scope of the Jubil?umsveransteltungen Swiss Red Cross (Helene Bieler, Hugo K?ch, Christian Sigg, Jeannette Maurer, Dr. Werner Berger), SN 07/11/1988.

I am guessing but I believe that may be the wrong Werner Berger.

Baws...

I'm lost... Moan hearts, enlighten us please.

Archived