hearts appoint a new assistant manager (merged threads)

middie101

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news. We needed an independent assistant manager along with Csaba.

He does sound like a German fast food joint though.

Nade'll like him.

the stone rose
S.U.R.E:hobofish:

On hearts website mate. shabba's allowed to pick his own man it seems.:)

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1358523,00.html

Heart of Midlothian Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Werner Burger as assistant manager.

The 50-year-old German, who holds a UEFA pro-licence, is a long time colleague of manager Csaba Laszlo, the pair having studied for their football qualifications in Cologne together.

Werner's former coaching positions include three clubs in Switzerland: FC Schaffhausen, Red Star Zurich (where he won the league in 1997-98) and FC Kreuzlingen.

Werner also worked with the DFB (German football federation) as a youth coach in the U15-U19 category.

Everyone at Tynecastle welcomes Werner and wishes him well in his new role.

Werner Burger will give his first exclusive Hearts.TV interview tomorrow - don't miss that and exclusive pictures of the new assistant manager!

On hearts website mate. shabba's allowed to pick his own man it seems.:)

What will the Negative Nancy's do now ?

Oh woe is me.

He's fecking useless!....................................Just wanted to be the first to say it.

:laugh:

Another positive step. Hopefully the angel can GTF now.

Agreed.

When Laszlo said he was not in a rush to appoint a number two many speculated that meant he was not going to get one, I hope that the same happens with regards a striker.

Greedy_Jambo

who was the guy that said we were about to announce this an hour b4 it happened? i can't see the thread anymore but we should note his name since he tells the truth!!!

Very positive step and gives Csaba a right hand man that will take away some of the day-to-day problems of management. Maybe Csaba will have a chance to look at some new players for us.

My sources at Tynecastle tell me there was a very unfortunate incident this afternoon when Christian Nade thought he heard that the players were going to be working with Wanna Burger. :dribble:

Agreed.

When Laszlo said he was not in a rush to appoint a number two many speculated that meant he was not going to get one, I hope that the same happens with regards a striker.

yep i was one of those many. :oopsoops::P

the stone rose
A 'BURGER KING' or a 'MACDONALD' :o

hopefully a burger king. miles better!

Ryan Gosling
My sources at Tynecastle tell me there was a very unfortunate incident this afternoon when Christian Nade thought he heard that the players were going to be working with Wanna Burger. :dribble:

Heart of Midlothian Football Club (Hearts) today announces it has begun a search for a new assistant manager.

The previous incumbent Werner Burger was killed when striker Christian Nade ate him.

who was the guy that said we were about to announce this an hour b4 it happened? i can't see the thread anymore but we should note his name since he tells the truth!!!

It was Meadows at 5.32 well done sir!!!!!!

Francis Albert

Would one of the conspiracy theorists who saw the failure to appoint Csaba's choice of asistant manager as evidence that nothing had changed care to comment?

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1358523,00.html

Heart of Midlothian Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Werner Burger as assistant manager.

The 50-year-old German, who holds a UEFA pro-licence, is a long time colleague of manager Csaba Laszlo, the pair having studied for their football qualifications in Cologne together.

Werner's former coaching positions include three clubs in Switzerland: FC Schaffhausen, Red Star Zurich (where he won the league in 1997-98) and FC Kreuzlingen.

Werner also worked with the DFB (German football federation) as a youth coach in the U15-U19 category.

Everyone at Tynecastle welcomes Werner and wishes him well in his new role.

Werner Burger will give his first exclusive Hearts.TV interview tomorrow - don't miss that and exclusive pictures of the new assistant manager!

Sounds like a brothel.

Ibrahim Tall

Csaba delighted to welcome Werner

Csaba Laszlo was today delighted to welcome new assistant manager Werner Burger to Tynecastle after the German signed on his No. 2 this afternoon.

The pair studied their UEFA Pro-Licence in Cologne in 2002, and have remained firm friends since then.

A quieter man than the manager, by the boss' own admission, Csaba is sure that his new running mate will be a valuable addition to the Tynecastle coaching staff.

"I am happy to welcome Werner because I know him well and I know he can be a good second coach," he told Hearts News.

"He does not like to be in the front, but he will be good working with me as he's calm and he takes everything in.

"He has very good experience, working in this role, and he's also done well coaching younger players which is important to us.

"I have known him since we studied together at University in Cologne. We've known each other for six years and have remained friends."

It's well known that the assistant manager role in football is notoriously difficult to fill successfully, the incumbent needing to be comfortable with a behind the scenes role, whilst providing sterling support.

Csaba is satisfied that the new man will fit the bill, perfectly. "Not everyone can be a good assistant manager and I am sure he has the quality," he continued.

"Now we have a technical team and I don't think we'll make any other changes for the moment. We must focus on achieving success."

:)

Now for those signings..

Working with youngsters in Germany is fantastic news in regards to making the most of our academy.

all we need now is David to get his work permit and another couple of signings and things will be looking good.

Moan the hearts!

Dont want to gush too much about this as I know nothing of Burger.

However, it appears to be someone that Csaba has chosen.

That being the case I am delighted.

This was an important role to be filled in my opinion, and whilst there will be many gash German coaches about, it is encouraging that this guy appears to have a good pedigree.

Very happy

Graeme Russell

Nade will be drooling:dribble: every time his name is mentioned.

Francis Albert
Another positive step. Hopefully the angel can GTF now.

What if Csaba doesn't want the angel to GTF? As he has indicated he doesn't.

It was me, ;) You'll understand why i was reluctant to take a shot at his name, it just did'nt sound right when i tried to spell it!!!:)

What if Csaba doesn't want the angel to GTF? As he has indicated he doesn't.

He also indicated he was in no rush to appoint a number 2. Anyway i was posting my hopes not what Csaba wants.

Francis Albert
He also indicated he was in no rush to appoint a number 2. Anyway i was posting my hopes not what Csaba wants.

He wasn't in a rush. He took about three weeks. About two and a half weeks longer than some were prepared to wait.

And as far as the management team is concerned I want what Csaba wants. I thought that was the idea.

another big step in the right direction well done romanov:) the guy has got a good pedagree.welcome on board the burgermeister;)

Commander Harris

good to see Csaba getting his own assistant. Another positive sign. :)

Archived