Any Kaunas players catching the eye?

Chubb

Greedy_Jambo

Ledezma looks like he has a bit of skill and confidence on him. something no hearts player really has. but he's knocked off the ball too easily and expects the foul/freekick

Fat Striker

Ledesma is the only one that catches the eye and even then he's nothing to get too excited about.

Work permit issue means it's a no go anyway.

Mendy dosen't look any better than what we've got either

I agree, but isn't he a right back? Imagine Robbie playing in midfield.

I think the boy Ledezma looks lively.

Anybody think any of these boys will do a job for us?

I expect a much more articulate, eloquent and thought provoking post from (potentially) Europe's top sport's jourmalist!

;-)

hmfc_liam06
Ledesma is the only one that catches the eye and even then he's nothing to get too excited about.

What makes you say that? Are you on the commitee?

Id have Ledesma, he looks handy, worth a go i think.

I expect a much more articulate, eloquent and thought provoking post from (potentially) Europe's top sport's jourmalist!

;-)

Ha ha, I have to use local colloquialisms and termanology when speaking to people on a lower level of linguistic skills than myself Russell. Get plenty of practice going to matches with Ovens and Big Lee ha ha.

Ha ha, I have to use local colloquialisms and termanology when speaking to people on a lower level of linguistic skills than myself Russell. Get plenty of practice going to matches with Ovens and Big Lee ha ha.

Linguistics good

Spelling bad

.................nae spell-check on KB eh?

cheers mate!

Brian Whittaker's Tache

THeir strike force looks as inept as anything we have

Why is the work permit a issue? cammazola got one

Billy the Jambo
Why is the work permit a issue? cammazola got one

Because he had an italian passport

I think the boy Ledezma looks lively.

Anybody think any of these boys will do a job for us?

He didn`t half skin Whittaker at times, reminded me of the days of The Skatch!

;)

He didn`t half skin Whittaker at times, reminded me of the days of The Skatch!

;)

Get the WP process started tomorrow Vlad, swap deal for Clum!!!

id take ledesma. offers hearts what we currently dont have- flair and imagination. yes hes slight and may be easily pushed off ball, but hes still worth a shout, work permit problems not withstanding.

Guest Maroon Carpet
NO!

Come on, how on earth can you say that.

I thought Pascal Mendy with his constant defending and great passing would do a job for us, how you can say no to this astonishes me.

chester copperpot

To back up my post from last night, would take back Pili and also have Ledesma.

Mendy looked terrible IMO.

Think either of the 2 players would be good for a proper manager, i.e Csaba.

Come on, how on earth can you say that.

I thought Pascal Mendy with his constant defending and great passing would do a job for us, how you can say no to this astonishes me.

Can somebody confirm. What is Mendy's position of choice?

grumpyespana

A great result for our nursery team but nobody jumps out at you that will be any good for us, If I had to pick one the guy it would be the guy that scored the free kick looked solid at right back but that was all.

Grumpy.

loveofthegame

No. Great 1 off result. Thankfully they will stay at Kaunas for the remainder of their European pursuit.

JamboRossi79

Surely Ledesma would 'enhance' Scottish football. Best player on the park over the two legs against Rankgers.

On tonights display, Pili, Ledesma and the right back. One game doesn't make a player tho'!

Would take their no.2 what a free kick and mendy looked decent as well as ledsema although i don't think he would qualify for a work permit

The problem is that Pilibatis was probably their best player, we've been there and it didn't work. The question is; Did Pilibatis not work for us or did we not work for him?

If it's the latter, maybe he should get another chance, but he needs managed and played. Dare I say he might benefit from being supported by the fans as well?

Guest Maroon Carpet

Can someone please tell me why there are people here saying that none of the Kaunas players are good enough for Hearts.

Some looked good tonight, and I am not just saying this because they knocked the Rankgers out the champions League.

Guest Maroon Carpet
Would take their no.2 what a free kick and mendy looked decent as well as ledsema although i don't think he would qualify for a work permit

Glad to see someone with some sense.

Were you actually watching the game the night?

I was, and I agree, thought he looked dreadful. Still PMSL tho.

Guest Maroon Carpet
I was, and I agree, thought he looked dreadful. Still PMSL tho.

If you were Brazilian, you would most likely have said the same about Pele.

:hobofish:

Can someone please tell me why there are people here saying that none of the Kaunas players are good enough for Hearts.Some looked good tonight, and I am not just saying this because they knocked the Rankgers out the champions League.

Getting above our station or can`t judge a player.:rolleyes:

Mendy looked decent but we don`t need another midfielder, Ledesma could do a job IMO, looked dangerous and tricky.

Two of the centre halfs strolled the game too. We forget is was pessing down all night so the conditions were tricky too.

If you were Brazilian, you would most likely have said the same about Pele.

:hobofish:

Perhaps you have lower standards. Mendy lacked any sort of positional sense and couldn't tackle a fish supper. I would take a chance on Ledesma, but he would be hounded out of the Scottish game because of his theatrics.

JamboRossi79
Getting above our station or can`t judge a player.:rolleyes:

Mendy looked decent but we don`t need another midfielder, Ledesma could do a job IMO, looked dangerous and tricky.

Two of the centre halfs strolled the game too. We forget is was pessing down all night so the conditions were tricky too.

To my knowledge he is not a natural midfielder. I believe he is a right full back.

Guest Maroon Carpet
Perhaps you have lower standards. Mendy lacked any sort of positional sense and couldn't tackle a fish supper. I would take a chance on Ledesma, but he would be hounded out of the Scottish game because of his theatrics.

Well he helped win against a team that most of the time are above us in the SPL, so he can't be that bad.

Standards, think again.

The right sided lad Cinkas (used that spelling a few times now, bet it is nothing like that!) that wore the number 26 and Ledesma looked good. The central defenders were typically Eastern European, the full backs were simply rubbish, as was Mendy and Piliabaitis.

To back up my post from last night, would take back Pili and also have Ledesma.

Mendy looked terrible IMO.

Think either of the 2 players would be good for a proper manager, i.e Csaba.

Your GUESS from last night mate. Total guess. :)

LithuanianHearts
Can someone please tell me why there are people here saying that none of the Kaunas players are good enough for Hearts.

good question, I am not following the Lithuanian Premier League closely and I am pretty surprised that Kaunas have built a very solid team, at least Kaunas' strike force looks better than Hearts'

it's quite funny that Rangers are kind of the second best team in the SPL, it seems the Lithuanian football is recovering ;)

Charlie-Brown
The right sided lad Cinkas (used that spelling a few times now, bet it is nothing like that!) that wore the number 26 and Ledesma looked good. The central defenders were typically Eastern European, the full backs were simply rubbish, as was Mendy and Piliabaitis.

Close enough BH - Marius Cinikas.....

MariusCinikas.jpg

Whilst on tonights performance alone i do not think any Kaunus player would improve our team (the same could be said of anyone in blue based on tonights showing), but with support from the stands and within there are a couple that would not bother me if we had a look at them.

Kaunus deserved their victory and i hope they and VR enjoy sticking 2 fingers up to the Largs mafia.

Close enough BH - Marius Cinikas.....

MariusCinikas.jpg

Thank you mate.

I wonder if Lithuanian Hearts knows anything about him? LH, You seen much of him?

Only a Game
Well he helped win against a team that most of the time are above us in the SPL, so he can't be that bad.

Standards, think again.

So by that line of thinking we should sign the whole Kaunus team then ?

Its one of the beauties of football that every now and again David beats Goliath. More often than not though, Goliath kicks David's heed in.

A good, in fact GREAT one off result for Kaunus. I'd take Ledesma if there was any chance of getting a WP because I thought he looked a class apart from anything on the pitch, ON EITHER SIDE, the rest ON EITHER SIDE, were ordinary guys having a game of football.

JamboRossi79
Thank you mate.

I wonder if Lithuanian Hearts knows anything about him? LH, You seen much of him?

He's 22 years old.

chester copperpot
Were you actually watching the game the night?

Yes where you?. Although your username suggests you might be here on the wind up.

Perhaps you should have used this on yourself. :hobofish:

chester copperpot
The Pillow is still guff.

Ach come on, he might be a player. With a decent manager etc etc.

I agree though, one swallow does not make a summer.

Archived