Any Kaunas players catching the eye?

Chubb

So by that line of thinking we should sign the whole Kaunus team then ?

Its one of the beauties of football that every now and again David beats Goliath. More often than not though, Goliath kicks David's heed in.

A good, in fact GREAT one off result for Kaunus. I'd take Ledesma if there was any chance of getting a WP because I thought he looked a class apart from anything on the pitch, ON EITHER SIDE, the rest ON EITHER SIDE, were ordinary guys having a game of football.

Pretty much agree with that but Kaunas won quite comfortably without being stretched, which normally happens when the supposed better side starts to look for an equaliser.

Rangers will improve no doubt but again , they are hardly impressive. And that`s what makes it hard to see them stroll to second last season and possibly this season, unless.........................

LithuanianHearts
I wonder if Lithuanian Hearts knows anything about him? LH, You seen much of him?

sorry mate, I have seen him very little, I don't go to Kaunas (I am not a Kaunas fan after all ;) ) and there is very little football on TV here, I hope things will change when (and if) Romanov launch a new sports channel.

Drylaw Hearts
Ach come on, he might be a player. With a decent manager etc etc.

I agree though, one swallow does not make a summer.

I just don't see it.

The only guy who looked as though he could possibly offer something is the one guy we probably can't sign.

chester copperpot
I just don't see it.

The only guy who looked as though he could possibly offer something is the one guy we probably can't sign.

Ach I was a bit 'emotional' last night when I posted it.

He was the worst player in the world at Hearts though, I will give you that.

Drylaw Hearts
Ach I was a bit 'emotional' last night when I posted it.

He was the worst player in the world at Hearts though, I will give you that.

:)

LockStockJonesL_468x317.jpg

sorry mate, I have seen him very little, I don't go to Kaunas (I am not a Kaunas fan after all ;) ) and there is very little football on TV here, I hope things will change when (and if) Romanov launch a new sports channel.

Cheers for that mate. :)

portobellojambo1
Whilst on tonights performance alone i do not think any Kaunus player would improve our team (the same could be said of anyone in blue based on tonights showing), but with support from the stands and within there are a couple that would not bother me if we had a look at them.

Kaunus deserved their victory and i hope they and VR enjoy sticking 2 fingers up to the Largs mafia.

Tend to agree with that Gambo (I suspect for Kaunas this was probably their cup final so to speak), although I think Ledesma has a lot of talent which could be worked on (and for WP reasons he is probably the one we would be least likely to get).

Really didnt see anything tonight that makes me think we should bring any of them over.

As i said in the match thread I think the young lad had something about him that may be worth looking at it. The rest are not any better and most a lot worse than what we already have.

tommythejambo

Ledesma looks worth a shout but I don't think we'd get him.

To be fair the entire team was absolute garbage, Rangers were just worse!

Guest Maroon Carpet
Yes where you?. Although your username suggests you might be here on the wind up.

Perhaps you should have used this on yourself. :hobofish:

Listen mate,

Have you had a look at your own username, at least mine suggests I am a Jambo, what does yours suggest, oh I was going to answer that but there may be children looking so safe not to.

I will repeat.

:hobofish:

Guest Maroon Carpet
Really didnt see anything tonight that makes me think we should bring any of them over.

So you would not be interested in Ledesma?

Funny how 9 out of 10 think he is worth bringing over, irrespective of whether we would get a WP.

Charlie-Brown

Without being anything spectacular I thought Radzius & Zelmikas looked fairly solid experienced defenders and restricted Rangers to very few chances.

Radzius' free-kick goal was a terrific shot and I don't think his distribution or defending was anything worse than Robbie Neilson offers.

Ledesma and Cinikas looked to be the most naturally talented players in the FBK team.

Come on, how on earth can you say that.

I thought Pascal Mendy with his constant defending and great passing would do a job for us, how you can say no to this astonishes me.

Simple, he's no better than what we have, we've already got enough central/defensive midfielders, an attacking midfielder in the Cameron/Hartley mould is what we need and going by the two woeful shots he had on goal, he won't improve the team. Pilibaitis?...,been there before...no thanks. Ledesma might be worth a shot but SPL might be too physical for him.

J.T.F.Robertson

Why would Vlad authorise any of them to come to us, when they're alive 'n kickin' in the CL?

chester copperpot
Listen mate,

Have you had a look at your own username, at least mine suggests I am a Jambo, what does yours suggest, oh I was going to answer that but there may be children looking so safe not to.

I will repeat.

:hobofish:

Actually Maroon carpet is the punchline to an old joke about Hearts, and in the deregatory sense, so just hush up and stop embarrassing yourself son.

Ray Winstone
Ledesma is five times the player Audrey is.

He's the only player I'd take right now.

he would fit right in with the 'lith diving culture' and then the commentators would realise he is Brazilian!

Drylaw Hearts
Ledesma is five times the player Audrey is.

He's the only player I'd take right now.

He's the only one I'd take on trial.

id take ledesma. offers hearts what we currently dont have- flair and imagination. yes hes slight and may be easily pushed off ball, but hes still worth a shout, work permit problems not withstanding.

Don,t you think we have too many players who are slight and easily pushed off the ball already?

Guest Maroon Carpet
Actually Maroon carpet is the punchline to an old joke about Hearts, and in the deregatory sense, so just hush up and stop embarrassing yourself son.

No, you are the sad one I am afraid to say for changing the subject and trying to embarrass another member on here.

Chester Copperpot is the joke that is being told around the pubs at the moment, so I would lie down and take a deep breath loser.

Just because people don't agree with everything you say you try and bring them down, quite sad really for someone that calls them self an adult.

Edit,

You have the right description about yourself on your occupation, go take a look if you can't remember what you put down.

Drylaw Hearts
No, you are the sad one I am afraid to say for changing the subject and trying to embarrass another member on here.

Chester Copperpot is the joke that is being told around the pubs at the moment, so I would lie down and take a deep breath loser.

Just because people don't agree with everything you say you try and bring them down, quite sad really for someone that calls them self an adult.

Edit,

You have the right description about yourself on your occupation, go take a look if you can't remember what you put down.

What pubs ?

Guest Maroon Carpet
What pubs ?

Same pubs where the jokes are being told.

You know something, people think Hearts supporters stick together, how wrong there are.

Nobody appears to have any respect for a fellow supporter.

Drylaw Hearts
Sticks in your throat doesn't it? :)

That he's guff ?

No not really - well not now anyway.

When he was here it certainly did though.

He was just another FBK Kaunas to Hearts loanee. that failed miserably.

Drylaw Hearts
Chester Copperpot, that's the only joke I know.

Goodnight.

Then you should go to those pubs where the jokes are being told.

You might pick up a couple of new ones.

is it pospisil
Chester Copperpot, that's the only joke I know.

Goodnight.

don't like anything you say, deeply unpleasant vibes

Without being anything spectacular I thought Radzius & Zelmikas looked fairly solid experienced defenders and restricted Rangers to very few chances.

Radzius' free-kick goal was a terrific shot and I don't think his distribution or defending was anything worse than Robbie Neilson offers.

Ledesma and Cinikas looked to be the most naturally talented players in the FBK team.

The two central defenders scare me. I do NOT want them anywhere near our club. Typical Eastern European enforcers, hoof the ball and the player and a severe lack of movement. R@ng*rs had a few chances even though they did not play an attacking central midfielder.

portobellojambo1
The two central defenders scare me. I do NOT want them anywhere near our club. Typical Eastern European enforcers, hoof the ball and the player and a severe lack of movement. R@ng*rs had a few chances even though they did not play an attacking central midfielder.

Agree Alan. I suspect some are reading too much into last night's game, and assuming Kaunas are a good side, when in reality the truth is that without the likes of Cuellar and Ferguson Rangers are no more than very, very ordinary, and last night dropped below that to total s h i t e.

Rob Jones would have looked good against that Rangers strike force last night, Simmons would have shone in midfield and Leigh Jenkinson would have ripped the s h i t out of their defence, that is how bad Rangers were.

Never at any point during the game did the thought go through my mind that I was watching a load of players who could benefit Hearts, what did go through my mind, and kept me smiling, was how p i s s poor Rangers were, and that if Laszlo can get the squad we have playing consistently decent football Rangers are there for the taking.

Guest Maroon Carpet
don't like anything you say, deeply unpleasant vibes

Well how would you react when someone is rude because they don’t agree with what you have said.

I did nothing wrong to make him aggressive towards me and to be honest my patience is wearing mighty thin.

I am a Jambo and a member of Kickback like the rest of you, and I expect to be treated fair, so there is no need to attack my username on here.

Archived