sell out saturday??

jamborleystatto

Still a lot of people on holiday, but then we've only got 10-11k season ticket holders this year aswell?

heartsfc_fan
only got 10-11k season ticket holders this year aswell?

You say "only" got 10-11K season tickets, but we have to remember that when Burley was manager in 2005 we only sold 11,500 that season, before you released some in the roseburn stand for half season tickets etc in the mid-season. The games were a sell out every week at the start!

I reckon we will comfortably shift 11K this season, thus I reckon crowds will be about the 14K mark easily on a normal day which ain't bad.

Motherwell game a sell out? I reckon the Well' fans will some in their numbers so probably over 14K in the stadium ;)

I would think there would be a bit of support for the new manager and for the team on the first day, but when things don't work out and we lose a few then it wont be a full house week in week out. I really hope that we achieve a win as I would like to see what shabba's attitude is when playing at Ibrox, defend a bit, defend alot or put 11 men across the goal line, just maybe play for a win.

Very much doubt it'll sell out. There should be a fair crowd though with 10,000 + ST holders, those coming to check out the team under Csaba and Motherwell doing surprisingly well last season should ensure a decent away support.

zicoinexile
You say "only" got 10-11K season tickets, but we have to remember that when Burley was manager in 2005 we only sold 11,500 that season, before you released some in the roseburn stand for half season tickets etc in the mid-season. The games were a sell out every week at the start!

I reckon we will comfortably shift 11K this season, thus I reckon crowds will be about the 14K mark easily on a normal day which ain't bad.

Motherwell game a sell out? I reckon the Well' fans will some in their numbers so probably over 14K in the stadium ;)

I assume you mean that they will "come" in their numbers - if so - yes in their hundreds at best.

Loads of folk still on holiday... a few of my mates can't make it because there away. I predict 15,000

what's that, you predict 15,000 of your mates can't make it. ;)

Somewhere between 14k and 15k I'm thinking....

Be interesting to see just how many of the folk who said they'd never be back will stay true to their word.

Pants Shaton

If:

(a) You are in Edinburgh

(B) Can afford to go

© Don't have a more important engagement (birth, death, marriage)

but chose not to go, it's quite simple - you're not a REAL fan. :)

If:

(a) You are in Edinburgh

(B) Can afford to go

© Don't have a more important engagement (birth, death, marriage)

but chose not to go, it's quite simple - you're not a REAL fan. :)

I hardly think death is a reasonable excuse for non-attendance. If they're dead, they won't miss you. Get to Tynie :P

Pants Shaton
I hardly think death is a reasonable excuse for non-attendance. If they're dead, they won't miss you. Get to Tynie :P

It is if it's your own.

Bought a ticket this morning and had a huge choice of Wheatfield seats and could have sat almost anywhere in the school end.

It still is only Tuesday.

A few unsold tickets at this point is hardly depressing.

I'm going to miss it. 1st game in my new seat as well - bummer.

Just need to try and find a bar with Sky Sports and keep eyes peeled.

How do I go about getting a ticket...Usually get my mate to get it, Had a season ticket for YEARS don't know how to go about buying a single ticket!! :wacko:

Any help appreciated for this Part-time Bassa!! ;)

It won't sell out, nae chance.

I've still to nip down there and get my ticket though, I'll ask what sales are like tomorrow.

Deans Jambo
How do I go about getting a ticket...Usually get my mate to get it, Had a season ticket for YEARS don't know how to go about buying a single ticket!! :wacko:

Any help appreciated for this Part-time Bassa!! ;)

Hearts website will have all the links you need! :confused:

After Hearts have robbed me blind for the last two years, should I feel guilty if I give a mate the duplicate season ticket I got sent to go and sit in an empty seat?

no

Hearts website will have all the links you need! :confused:

Cheers mate...Never really use the Website....?28 for a ticket...:eek:

Not used to paying these prices, normally have a season ticket!! :rolleyes:

Pants Shaton
After Hearts have robbed me blind for the last two years, should I feel guilty if I give a mate the duplicate season ticket I got sent to go and sit in an empty seat?

Yes. Give the duplicate back.

Good to see the ticket office is operating as well as always.

Buffalo Bill

George Burley had the advantage of his first game being a derby match, and on the back of a superb performance at Killie away the week before.

There was also a number of new faces that happened to be top drawer players like Brellier, Janny, Skacel and Bednar.

I think three years later, much of the Romanov magic has worn off but it is a fresh start with Csaba and I think there'll be a 14,000 plus crowd on Saturday.

Like every team in the world, we have fans who will turn up depending on how the team is doing.

I can't wait for Saturday.

Buffalo Bill

Era Macaroons

I hope it IS a sell out.

What a lift that would give everybody connected with the club if the fans could show we are ready and willing to take on the new season.

New season = New ball game.

Clerry Jambo

I reckon around 14K which was just about the normal for an opening game of the season pre Burley.

Unfortunately I think we have lost a fair number of regular fans again after the dross we have watched over the past 2 seasons.

We were building the fan base up again with Burley, but the rest is history.

Anyway a good start by Csaba and they will start drifting back hopefully.........:)

Yes. Give the duplicate back.

Good to see the ticket office is operating as well as always.

They let us know yesterday that they have fecked up our s.tickets and may not get them out till after the motherwell game... which would mean us picking up two single tickets prior to the match... Hope its not becuase they have sent out duplicate books and run short.

Just dont get it how they can be so shight.

Oh and I predict 15273...

Cheers mate...Never really use the Website....?28 for a ticket...:eek:

Not used to paying these prices, normally have a season ticket!! :rolleyes:

?28 for your old seat mate. ?15 if you want to slum it over in the main stand then spend the difference on beer!!!

;)

Have you ordered a ticket yet? I'm in town on friday and can pick one up for you for a small fee.

winston churchill

i heard LB on talk 107 last saturday,he said that season ticket are down from 13.000 to 10.000

first game of the season should pull in around 15.000

?28 for your old seat mate. ?15 if you want to slum it over in the main stand then spend the difference on beer!!!

;)

Have you ordered a ticket yet? I'm in town on friday and can pick one up for you for a small fee.

Just pick up the Ticket...^^^^!! :cool:

A' Mean, No I haven't ordered it, With the ticket office the shambles we know it is, I'd probably get it next season...So if you could pick one up I'd really appreciate it!! ;)

Fee will be I'll stay out for a few beers after the game!! :dribble:

Just pick up the Ticket...^^^^!! :cool:

A' Mean, No I haven't ordered it, With the ticket office the shambles we know it is, I'd probably get it next season...So if you could pick one up I'd really appreciate it!! ;)

Fee will be I'll stay out for a few beers after the game!! :dribble:

Will do mate no probs. See on the choo choo at 12 bells.

;)

Pants Shaton

Real fan nonsense aside, I really can't understand why anyone who could, wouldn't go to this match.

200milesfromgorgie
Real fan nonsense aside, I really can't understand why anyone who could, wouldn't go to this match.

ame here (i can't) but as i said to a family member this morning, working nights aint an excuse you hobo.

Will do mate no probs. See on the choo choo at 12 bells.

;)

This is becoming a bit of a Cauther boys love in!! :eek:

Behave yourself, especially you Tynie B ya crabbit c... :movethatass:

Im looking forward to saturday more than ive looked forward to a Hearts game (derbys aside) since the 2006 cup final.

Im scared to be confident given that it is Hearts that I follow but I actually cant wait for the season to start which most certainly wasnt the case as recently as 3 weeks ago.

My prediction 15,821.

portobellojambo1

Hearts have not indicated the number of season tickets sold at this stage, so it is hard to judge from our point of view. I'll assume we have sold around 11,500, and 11,000 will be there for the opening day, work on 1,000 Motherwell fans, 3,000 walk up/pay on the day (not sure what the correct term is) and settle on 15,000.

Clerry Jambo
Hearts have not indicated the number of season tickets sold at this stage, so it is hard to judge from our point of view. I'll assume we have sold around 11,500, and 11,000 will be there for the opening day, work on 1,000 Motherwell fans, 3,000 walk up/pay on the day (not sure what the correct term is) and settle on 15,000.

PJ, I honestly don't think we have sold as many as 11k S/T's - if we had it would be all over the web site.

First game of the season, despite no new players and crappy weather forecast I reckon around the 14k mark which as I have mentioned on another thread is about pre-Burley for the start of the season.

I'm afraid we have lost the feelgood factor and can forget Full Houses.:sad:

davemclaren
PJ, I honestly don't think we have sold as many as 11k S/T's - if we had it would be all over the web site.

First game of the season, despite no new players and crappy weather forecast I reckon around the 14k mark which as I have mentioned on another thread is about pre-Burley for the start of the season.

I'm afraid we have lost the feelgood factor and can forget Full Houses.:sad:

I agree. Last quote from Hearts I saw was over 10k. To me that means less than 11k. :sad:

Era Macaroons

with you,

theres not been a competitive fixture for months....you'd think folk would be desperate to get along to a match.

lost in leith
with you,

theres not been a competitive fixture for months....you'd think folk would be desperate to get along to a match.

Renewed my ST so will be there, but to be honest I've not spoken to anyone who is particularly looking forward to the game, or indeed the season.

First and foremost I'm looking to see 11 guys out on the pitch who are playing for the jersey and for each other. Then I want to see a system, and feel that substitutions are being made by the man on the spot reacting to how the game is going. If all these elements are there I'm prepared to wait for results. We can't form an opinion on Csaba for some time yet (although I confidently predict he will be the Messiah/a dud by 5pm tomorrow:rolleyes:).

The Old Tolbooth
with you,

I agree, even if I didn't renew my ST I would be paying at the gate tomorrow. I know a few of my mates in Gala didn't renew this season because of manager situation, money restraints etc, but they're going to pay at the gate, so maybe if more people are thinking along the same lines then we might get 15-16K.

Archived