Sectarian Element in todays crowd.

Ray Winstone

Back from the game today and just thought I would voice my concerns about a small number of fans today who took it apon themselves to lead some sectarian chants.

They will know who they are and although it was a small number it is very very worrying that people like this are still being allowed to get away with it.

It spoiled what was otherwise a cracking atmosphere today.

I couldnt care less about their religious views to be honest but in the current climate of Scottish Football they are dying to make an example of a club (as long as its not one of the OF) and to me it seems extremely dangerous to be giving the SFA any ammunition against us.

There were also some chants about Zeroalli crashing his car etc etc which were pretty crude to say the least.

I hope these Union Jack waving ***** are put in their place before they cost the club money or points.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Back from the game today and just thought I would voice my concerns about a small number of fans today who took it apon themselves to lead some sectarian chants.

They will know who they are and although it was a small number it is very very worrying that people like this are still being allowed to get away with it.

I couldnt care less about their religious views to be honest but in the current climate of Scottish Football they are dying to make an example of a club (as long as its not one of the OF) and to me it seems extremely dangerous to be giving the SFA any ammunition against us.

There were also some chants about Zeroalli crashing his car etc etc which were pretty crude to say the least.

I hope these Union Jack waving ***** are put in their place before they cost the club money or points.

So did you do anything about this at the game? Or just come on here and post about it? :rolleyes:

So did you do anything about this at the game? Or just come on here and post about it? :rolleyes:

Not to the persons involved but I didnt do nothing.

I was there with one mate - not much point in starting an argument that im not going to win against a bunch of drunken louts and a few hangers on around them.

Not to the persons involved but I didnt do nothing.

I was there with one mate - not much point in starting an argument that im not going to win against a bunch of drunken louts and a few hangers on around them.

You could have drawn plods attention to this. :)

Sub4TiddlerMurray

:thumbs_up: couldn't agree more. The unionist element has been thankfully absent for years and that's the way it should stay.

So what did you do about it willins?

I dont partake in these songs etc but it doesnt particularly bother me

If it did Id do more than moan about it on the internet though

Were one of the 50 Police officers or hundred stewards not near by?:rolleyes:

Which is what I did do after that match - I enquired as to whether their footage of the fans included the sectarian singing to which I was told yes and that it would be reviewed and used if neccessary.

I am not being a "keyboard warrior" But im also not willing to start an argument/fight when im outnumbered.

Would seem sensible in most situations?

Have you ever spent some time in A & E waiting to be seen to, bleeding all over the floor with a fractured cheek and broken nose? Its not too pleasant waiting around for 5 hours and I certainly would recomend it.

I aint going to put myself in a situation like that again because I know how quickly it can spiral out of control - esspecially when drink is involved.

So i thought I would use this forum to air my opinion on the matter - which is what it is here for - is it not?

So what did you do about it willins?

I dont partake in these songs etc but it doesnt particularly bother me

If it did Id do more than moan about it on the internet though

Were one of the 50 Police officers or hundred stewards not near by?:rolleyes:

See post below -

:thumbs_up: couldn't agree more. The unionist element has been thankfully absent for years and that's the way it should stay.

No, it hasn't.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Which is what I did do after that match - I enquired as to whether their footage of the fans included the sectarian singing to which I was told yes and that it would be reviewed and used if neccessary.

I am not being a "keyboard warrior" But im also not willing to start an argument/fight when im outnumbered.

Have you ever spent some time in A & E waiting to be seen to, bleeding all over the floor with a fractured cheek and broken nose? Its not too pleasant waiting around for 5 hours and I certainly would recomend it.

I aint going to put myself in a situation like that again because I know how quickly it can spiral out of control - esspecially when drink is involved.

So i thought I would use this forum to air my opinion on the matter - which is what it is here for - is it not?

mod delete

I have afeeling who the guys were and I assure you that these guys are Hearts daft.

they never miss a game and are so pasionate about the club.

they are as entitled to go to the games as you.

If you don't like what they sing sing louder than them.

Ideally we would have them singing more appropriate songs so our club does not suffer but without them there would be zero atmosphere.

I appreciate your concern and it is a valid one but to say "the sooner we get rid of them the better" is ridiculous

BoJack Horseman

It was more than a few. They were all grouped together though. Most of them stuck to normal songs until one fellay turned up with a union jack and started the Hello Hello chants. With 'Fenian' not 'Hibee'.

I have afeeling who the guys were and I assure you that these guys are Hearts daft.

Ideally we would have them singing more appropriate songs so our club does not suffer but without them there would be zero atmosphere.

I appreciate your concern and it is a valid one but to say "the sooner we get rid of them the better" is ridiculous

I'm with you there. They started 90% of all songs today. Kudos to them for that.

Probably the most ignorant post I have ever read on this forum.

"IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT THEY SING SING LOUDER"

You have bo be joking.

Guest S.U.S.S.

I agree, the sooner we get rid of them the better, probably best to go to games rather than moan about a group that did.

FTH

mod delete

I simply enquired as to whether they had got footage of sectarian singing....they pointed the camera without any direction from anyone except their fellow officers.

So you made an official statement to plod then. :)

Well done Willins - the way is to report them for inappropriate behaviour.

They may well be "hearts daft", but they are clearly also just plain daft to come out with this bile at a football match. I applaud their support for the club, but I despise them bringing their sectarian pish to the game.

Not wishing to be drawn into another sectarian debate but the bit that continues to surprise me is that irrespective of beliefs/stances/dislikes, these songs get our club into trouble.

Be annoyed about it if you like the songs, be annoyed if you fully believe what you used to sing, but it baffles me that Hearts fans still sing these things knowing that we could get it in the erse for singing them.

If you feel it is part of your footballing day and don't want to lose it, there are many pubs that would turn a blind eye, do it there. Please don't risk Hearts losing points/cup participation/cash for it.

Guest S.U.S.S.
So you made an official statement to plod then. :)

Whats green and you can play football on it?

Thats right, GRASS;)

"IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT THEY SING SING LOUDER"

You have bo be joking.

What is wrong with that?

are you jelous as they create an atmosphere!!

beat them at their own game and sing songs too.

I agree, the sooner we get rid of them the better, probably best to go to games rather than moan about a group that did.

FTH

The OP started his post by saying he was just back from the game.

He also said he did something about it at the game.

I'd say he has earned the right to post about it if he chooses.

What were the sectarian chants Willins?

There was "hello hello" in the origional style and there was also one about the Pope and 50p.

A very half hearted attempt to start the sash by one of them.

I dont think them being supporters has much to do with the issue.

It would be highly concerning if they weren't supporters at all.

But being Hearts supporters is not a get out of jail free card for being clueless and biggoted.

do these people want hearts to get deducted points cause if they lose

anymore they'll be below gretna!

Do you think it will happen

Society has many aspects too it, some we dont like

Live with them because they wont go away

There was "hello hello" in the origional style and there was also one about the Pope and 50p.

Ok fair enough, Unlike you I wasn't there. These songs do not upset me however.

The 'Sash' isn't sectarian btw.

If you feel strongly enough about it, Write a letter to the club.

Nucky Thompson

Willins you may have just got the club in bother. Grampian police have now had a complaint about sectarian singing within the Hearts support and may decided to report it to the GFA.

Willins think you may well find The Sash is NOT a sectarian song. :)

I spotted that. Four posts, I wonder how many you will get.

For what its worth just to clarify (as i stated) these boys beliefs dont bother me - If you dislike Catholics etc etc that really is your porogotive however - when we have been warned about the fines and points deductions that a club can impose for singing these songs do we really think it is sensible to give the SFA any more ammunition?

Oh and I was at the game - I live in Aberdeen.

What a relief I'm up to second bottom on Willins bad boy list.

Started off empathising at the start of the thread, and while I disagree with i8hibish, he is entitle to opinion with being insulted.

Willins you may have just got the club in bother. Grampian police have now had a complaint about sectarian singing within the Hearts support and may decided to report it to the GFA.

Willins has got the club into bother?

Surely those that were doing the sectarian singing are the ones that MAY have got the club into bother, no?

Ok fair enough, Unlike you I wasn't there. These songs do not upset me however.

The 'Sash' isn't sectarian btw.

If you feel strongly enough about it, Write a letter to the club.

The songs dont upset me personally but when they have the potential to affect the club then it is most definitely an issue.

I did not complain to the officer about the singing - I asked whether he had footage of it - I was not the only one who had a word however -

That song has been sung at Tynecastle for the last month at least. It's becoming a regular song at home games once more. Definately not a minority singing it either.

Close the door on the way out. :)

Pope and 50p?

What are you on about

There isnt even such a song

For what its worth just to clarify (as i stated) these boys beliefs dont bother me - If you dislike Catholics etc etc that really is your porogotive however - when we have been warned about the fines and points deductions that a club can impose for singing these songs do we really think it is sensible to give the SFA any more ammunition?

Oh and I was at the game - I live in Aberdeen.

If these beliefs don't bother you and all you are worried about is Hearts facing possible sanctions I'm failing to see what this thread does other than highlight it and bring it to other peoples attention.

They "create an atmosphere"??? feck sake, an atmosphere of hatred, brilliant. there is NO excuse for starting sectarian songs just because you are a Hearts fan. It doesn't make it ok just because you sing other songs as well - Hitler was a vegetarian!

The hello hello is a pretty good atmospheremaker, shame about the words. It was on the B side of the 1986 Hearts Song, with different workds, be nice if they could be adopted.

They "create an atmosphere"??? feck sake, an atmosphere of hatred, brilliant. there is NO excuse for starting sectarian songs just because you are a Hearts fan. It doesn't make it ok just because you sing other songs as well - Hitler was a vegetarian!

Sing louder drown them out - happy days

fantastic atmosphere guaranteed

The worst arguement I've ever seen for justifying fans singing sectarian songs.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

plods would do nothing about it. I complained to police at Tynecastle when the Huns had a red hand of ulster flag. They said they had no power to remove it and that it was a club decision to allow it to stay - which I found shocking given the (lip service) announcement about asking fans to be vigilant and help the club to stamp out sectarianism!

Archived