Sectarian Element in todays crowd.

Ray Winstone

Guest S.U.S.S.
Ermmm, shouldnlt you be in the town now SUSS??!!!

Oh, on the topic of this post, i dont think there is anything wrong with the songs mentioned. i sing these songs with pride ;)

Yup, just heading off for the train now.

Toot Toot, lets get the party songs started!

Sweet Caroline!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sub4TiddlerMurray
The OP mentioned it as being sectarian. I was merely enlightening the OP. :)

misleading the OP with a dimwitted court decision. Try using common sense instead

:rubeyes: Oh well then. That proves it for me. It's just a wee song about being in the Orange Order which does a lot of good for charidee and isn't sectarian at all!!

Oh and while we're at it, the swastika's actually an Indian peace symbol. Nothing to do with those bad nazi people. :ninja::ninja::ninja:

It wasn't meant to prove anything.

I was pointing you in the direction of a site where a discussion had taken place on the very subject.

The Sash is not sectarian, It is, I believe, A 'traditional' song according to a court of law.

I assume it'll be okay for us to sing 'A soldiers song' and 'Go on home British soldiers' as well?

They add atmosphere after all.

Guest Stanthejambo

Sweet Caroline!

Good good SUSS, see you soon

Sweet Caroline!

now dont be a bad boy and upset all those nice passengers by singing & being boisterous & enjoyin yersel on the train:)

These threads are pretty good at identifying those dumb enough to argue FOR singing such songs.

Could be useful....

Guest S.U.S.S.
I assume it'll be okay for us to sing 'A soldiers song' and 'Go on home British soldiers' as well?

Go for it!;)

Back from the game today and just thought I would voice my concerns about a small number of fans today who took it apon themselves to lead some sectarian chants.

They will know who they are and although it was a small number it is very very worrying that people like this are still being allowed to get away with it.

It spoiled what was otherwise a cracking atmosphere today.

I couldnt care less about their religious views to be honest but in the current climate of Scottish Football they are dying to make an example of a club (as long as its not one of the OF) and to me it seems extremely dangerous to be giving the SFA any ammunition against us.

There were also some chants about Zeroalli crashing his car etc etc which were pretty crude to say the least.

I hope these Union Jack waving ***** are put in their place before they cost the club money or points.

Nothing new for our away support.

Time for the club and the police to adopt a zero tolerance policy.

Indeed.

They songs upset me no more or no less than the songs sung today.

Guest S.U.S.S.
now dont be a bad boy and upset all those nice passengers by singing & being boisterous & enjoyin yersel on the train:)

Moi!

I'll be the wee quiet lamb i always am!;)

Guest Stanthejambo
These threads are pretty good at identifying those dumb enough to argue FOR singing such songs.

Could be useful....

Get a life

Guest S.U.S.S.
Hes a Jambo though SUSS..........cough cough...........:rolleyes:

Awwww, thats ok then!

Hearts supporting fat bigot to give him his proper title;)

Bash on Toggie. Why not give it big licks on Wednesday at Hampden. :)

Commander Harris

you might not agree with the politics etc but folk are entitled to sing what they like as long as it is not actively discriminatory. More chance of getting done for singing "the hibees are gay"(a song most in our support are quite happy to sing) than a non-discriminatory song such as The Sash.

Could be useful....

Useful for what?

I've always believed the person taking offence to the song is more likely to be the bigot.

It will take more than some words sung or a flag flown inside a football stadium to upset me.

hearts @ heart
Useful for what?

I've always believed the person taking offence to the song is more likely to be the bigot.

It will take more than some words sung or a flag flown inside a football stadium to upset me.

Its nothing to do with supporting Hearts that the point Dah!

Bash on Toggie. Why not give it big licks on Wednesday at Hampden. :)

I won't. Because I'm not a bigot, unlike some on this thread.

you might not agree with the politics etc but folk are entitled to sing what they like as long as it is not actively discriminatory. More chance of getting done for singing "the hibees are gay"(a song most in our support are quite happy to sing) than a non-discriminatory song such as The Sash.

Excellent point Commander. :)

I wonder what the correlation is between singing or suporting those who sing sectarian biggoted songs, owning/taking a union flag to games and leaving games early to get a seat/drink in Robbos.

Pretty high id imagine.

No!

Your Point?

Just like the sash both get sung at football grounds whilst not being ''football' songs.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I wonder what the correlation is between singing or suporting those who sing sectarian biggoted songs, owning/taking a union flag to games and leaving games early to get a seat/drink in Robbos.

Pretty high id imagine.

Sad, another attempt to bash certain people for where they drink

Guest Stanthejambo

Pretty high id imagine.

Go Robbo's!!!! ;)

Commander Harris
Just like the sash both get sung at football grounds whilst not being ''football' songs.

indeed. "I'm forever blowing bubbles" and "you'll never walk alone" should be banned as well, nowt to do with football. ;)

I wonder what the correlation is between sad wee men who stand on their own in pubs and beast are?

Pretty high id imagine.

Why did think my post referred to you?

A coincidence?

How strange...

Its nothing to do with supporting Hearts that the point Dah!

Each to their own.

''Oh the Hibees are gay'' isn't really supporting Hearts, Is it?

Guest Stanthejambo
I wonder what the correlation is between sad wee men who stand on their own in pubs and beast are?

Pretty high id imagine.

SUSS - get up the town!!

Thats irrelevant. The OP mentioned sectarian songs. The Sash isn't. Hope thats clear enough for you. :)

Who said it was unclear, i know its not classed as a sectarian song.

Maybe you could explain 'What type' of song it is, and how its relevant to a football match.

Well said mate, i can't agree with you more. There should be a way of banning them going to ANY game when they will repeat this pish !

Whats worrying about your post is that , its always the same people attacking posts like this.

Why did you not tell them to shut up etc ...!

I think it is clear that certain posters think it is fine to shout sectarian and racist abuse, my message for them is that there is a club 40 miles west where they can find like minded people and they should feck off there !

ANd feck this nonsense about keyboard warriors !

I don't think that would ever happen seeing as these guys are die hard jambos but if they're not they wouldn't have to any way as there are already like-minded people here.

Who said it was unclear, i know its not classed as a sectarian song.

Maybe you could explain 'What type' of song it is, and how its relevant to a football match.

''Traditional'', I'm led to believe.

How relevent are 50% of songs sung at grounds all over the country?

Guest S.U.S.S.
SUSS - get up the town!!

Will be there at 8!:)

Please refrain from singing any party tunes or you may find a thread about yourself on here.

Right leaving now!

My point exactly, no place for the sash or Johnny Cash IMO

Archived