Sectarian Element in todays crowd.

Ray Winstone

Guest S.U.S.S.
Why did think my post referred to you?

A coincidence?

How strange...

No, more to do with the way you turn up and add crap like that about a pub you dont drink in.

Is that cos you were ignored last time?

Cant say what a really think about you as im sure ud run off to the mods as you have in the past.

The only strange thing is you.

GMB

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Commander Harris
My point exactly, no place for the sash or Johnny Cash IMO

that's a quality line :biggrin:

''Traditional'', I'm led to believe.

How relevent are 50% of songs sung at grounds all over the country?

You could make a case for the Sash no being a sectarian song based purely on the lyrics. There's no danger that folk who sing it aren't bigots though.

we sing white christmas, nowt to do with football.

it should be banned. :rolleyes:

hearts @ heart
Each to their own.

''Oh the Hibees are gay'' isn't really supporting Hearts, Is it?

So you are more interested in spouting songs or defending them from a country once hailed as hibernia than sing hearts songs.

Odd that!

Move on its the 21st century ffs

Bring back hangings/burning witches................ it 's traditional.

I don't think that would ever happen seeing as these guys are die hard jambos but if they're not they wouldn't have to any way as there are already like-minded people here.

Die-hard Jambos, or Hun wannabe's? You decide...

No, more to do with the way you turn up and add crap like that about a pub you dont drink in.

Is that cos you were ignored last time?

Cant say what a really think about you as im sure ud run off to the mods as you have in the past.

The only strange thing is you.

GMB

Ignored? Ha ha

I just chose not to speak to you, you were too busy singing your songs and saluting.

I didnt want to interrupt.

Run of to mods. Pfft. Sure.

Feel free to say what you want about me. Its interesting that you have been reduced to that level, and frequently are.

Who said it was unclear, i know its not classed as a sectarian song.

Maybe you could explain 'What type' of song it is, and how its relevant to a football match.

Whats YNWA got to do with football? :)

So you are more interested in spouting songs or defending them from a country once hailed as hibernia than sing hearts songs.

Odd that!

Aye that's what I said. :wacko:

Guest billyman56
plods would do nothing about it. I complained to police at Tynecastle when the Huns had a red hand of ulster flag. They said they had no power to remove it and that it was a club decision to allow it to stay - which I found shocking given the (lip service) announcement about asking fans to be vigilant and help the club to stamp out sectarianism!

Its because you are wasting their time by reporting someone waving a flag. There are many Rangers fans from Ulster so what is so wrong with them waving their national flag. Nowt

You could make a case for the Sash no being a sectarian song based purely on the lyrics. There's no danger that folk who sing it aren't bigots though.

If that's the case the 'bigots' should be applauded for singing a non sectarian song.

loveofthegame
Die-hard Jambos, or Hun wannabe's? You decide...

hahahaha say something original mate. 1 THING THAT IS NOT UP FOR DEBATE IS THE FACT THAT THESE GUYS ARE DIE HARD HEARTS FANS!!

They love Hearts, live for Hearts, and go to every single game home and away, league and cup, friendly's and Europe....

Probably put a lot more time, money and effort into the club than you do, whether you like to hear that or not

If that's the case the 'bigots' should be applauded for singing a non sectarian song.

Aye all right then. That would be like applauding racists for going on holiday abroad

Ignored? Ha ha

I just chose not to speak to you, you were too busy singing your songs and saluting.

I didnt want to interrupt.

Run of to mods. Pfft. Sure.

Feel free to say what you want about me. Its interesting that you have been reduced to that level, and frequently are.

A typical scene from Robbos, if some people are to be believed.....

neonazi09009a_468x566.jpg

Guest billyman56
Nothing new for our away support.

Time for the club and the police to adopt a zero tolerance policy.

Why would they adopt such a policy? Two things. Being a unionist is not illegal and neither is the Union Jack. Secondly. Unionsim and Britishness is not mutually exclusive to Rangers.

People who tell folk to go and support Rangers instead are very naive

I have afeeling who the guys were and I assure you that these guys are Hearts daft.

they never miss a game and are so pasionate about the club.

they are as entitled to go to the games as you.

If you don't like what they sing sing louder than them.

Ideally we would have them singing more appropriate songs so our club does not suffer but without them there would be zero atmosphere.

I appreciate your concern and it is a valid one but to say "the sooner we get rid of them the better" is ridiculous

We should tollerate the sectarian intollerant for the good of the atmosphere, should we?

Well, M8, there will be no atmosphere to enjoy if these clowns have there way. Fines followed by bans, which will affect the whole support, will be the outcome of your forebearance.

It strikes me that whoever puts up a defence of the status quo is a fellow traveller of these morons.

Never mind 'zero atmosphere' it is 'zero tollerance' that we should all be focussing on.

Aye all right then. That would be like applauding racists for going on holiday abroad

You're right. I prefer Southend.

Sir_Alf_Garnett.JPG

hahahaha say something original mate. 1 THING THAT IS NOT UP FOR DEBATE IS THE FACT THAT THESE GUYS ARE DIE HARD HEARTS FANS!!

They love Hearts, live for Hearts, and go to every single game home and away, league and cup, friendly's and Europe....

Probably put a lot more time, money and effort into the club than you do, whether you like to hear that or not

I don't care if they remortgage their houses to follow Hearts. It doesn't mean they're not idiots.

They should toddle off and focus their efforts on Rangers, where they'd be welcomed with open arms. We wouldn't miss them.

A typical scene from Robbos, if some people are to be believed.....

neonazi09009a_468x566.jpg

I swear I think that actually is SUSS!

We should tollerate the sectarian intollerant for the good of the atmosphere, should we?

Well, M8, there will be no atmosphere to enjoy if these clowns have there way. Fines folowed by bans, which will affect the whole support, will be the outcome of your forebearance.

It strikes me that whoever puts up a defence of the status quo is a fellow traveller of these morons.

Never mind 'zero atmosphere' it is 'zero tollerance' that we should all be focussing on.

This thread reminded me of a chippy i seen in Belfast called......

For Cod and Ulster....(honest!) had to laugh i must admit.

Why would they adopt such a policy? Two things. Being a unionist is not illegal and neither is the Union Jack. Secondly. Unionsim and Britishness is not mutually exclusive to Rangers.

People who tell folk to go and support Rangers instead are very naive

Can't disagree with your post but take it somewhere else, it's got ****** all to do with football!!

badly drawn boy
Not wishing to be drawn into another sectarian debate but the bit that continues to surprise me is that irrespective of beliefs/stances/dislikes, these songs get our club into trouble.

Be annoyed about it if you like the songs, be annoyed if you fully believe what you used to sing, but it baffles me that Hearts fans still sing these things knowing that we could get it in the erse for singing them.

If you feel it is part of your footballing day and don't want to lose it, there are many pubs that would turn a blind eye, do it there. Please don't risk Hearts losing points/cup participation/cash for it.

That pretty much nails it , we all have different beliefs and the argument of whats right and wrong , acceptable or not , is a debate that has no end . But nobody should be promoting any cause , whilst there as a Hearts supporter that damages the club

Which is what I did do after that match - I enquired as to whether their footage of the fans included the sectarian singing to which I was told yes and that it would be reviewed and used if neccessary.

I am not being a "keyboard warrior" But im also not willing to start an argument/fight when im outnumbered.

Would seem sensible in most situations?

Have you ever spent some time in A & E waiting to be seen to, bleeding all over the floor with a fractured cheek and broken nose? Its not too pleasant waiting around for 5 hours and I certainly would recomend it.

I aint going to put myself in a situation like that again because I know how quickly it can spiral out of control - esspecially when drink is involved.

So i thought I would use this forum to air my opinion on the matter - which is what it is here for - is it not?

Correct , and if posters are getting upset that you did not take the law into your own hands by confronting these retards then perhaps they could explain to you what you should have done , anyone??

Don't sing songs with phrases that could get the club into trouble, I agree with trying to get a good atmosphere but will there be a good atmosphere when we are going to Hamilton and Clyde in the first division.

If they want to sing songs, then sing about the players.

An Andy Driver song; Are you watching Cap-ell-o.

loveofthegame
I don't care if they remortgage their houses to follow Hearts. It doesn't mean they're not idiots.

They should toddle off and focus their efforts on Rangers, where they'd be welcomed with open arms. We wouldn't miss them.

You're question wasn't whether they were idiots or not, it was whether they are die hard Hearts fans or hun wannabes= i answered you with the correct answer which i knew you wouldn't like. Tough. They'll be around as long if not longer than you will be pal

The White Cockade

its simple really

the sectarian trash they sing has nothing to do with Hearts FC

it doesn't help the team

it doesn't give us a good name

it doesn't do anything except p*ss off true Hearts fans

they sing it because of their bigotry and to look hard in front of their

wee gang of pals

they shut up outside of football grounds because they know if they wandered about in town singing it they would get a good kicking

the funny thing is they disgrace the Union flag that they pretend to love

If just one of them owned up to being a small minded bigot and admitted the songs have nothing to do with supporting Hearts i'd shut up and not mention it again

they won't though obviously

"ah go tae all the games pal ah kin sing what ah want right"

"am a real Herts fan"

em no you're not

you are a joke.......

plenty of keyboard warriors on here to support them of course

You're question wasn't whether they were idiots or not, it was whether they are die hard Hearts fans or hun wannabes= i answered you with the correct answer which i knew you wouldn't like. Tough. They'll be around as long if not longer than you will be pal

Hun wannabe's = idiots, just to clear that up. I don't care how much they claim to be Jambos, they're a disgrace. Pal.

loveofthegame
Hun wannabe's = idiots, just to clear that up. I don't care how much they claim to be Jambos, they're a disgrace. Pal.

Whatever you say matey, but idiots doesn't = hun wannabe's, so again your arguement is bull****.

They'll be there on Wed roaring on Hearts against, you guessed it, Rangers.

Hope to see you there too

its simple really

the sectarian trash they sing has nothing to do with Hearts FC

it doesn't help the team

it doesn't give us a good name

it doesn't do anything except p*ss off true Hearts fans

they sing it because of their bigotry and to look hard in front of their

wee gang of pals

they shut up outside of football grounds because they know if they wandered about in town singing it they would get a good kicking

the funny thing is they disgrace the Union flag that they pretend to love

If just one of them owned up to being a small minded bigot and admitted the songs have nothing to do with supporting Hearts i'd shut up and not mention it again

they won't though obviously

"ah go tae all the games pal ah kin sing what ah want right"

"am a real Herts fan"

em no you're not

you are a joke.......

plenty of keyboard warriors on here to support them of course

Spot on. Great post.

Whatever you say matey, but idiots doesn't = hun wannabe's, so again your arguement is bull****.

They'll be there on Wed roaring on Hearts against, you guessed it, Rangers.

Hope to see you there too

Yeah, you're right. They aren't Hun wannabe's. They are Mini Huns.

Same Tw@t. Different dress.

loveofthegame
Yeah, you're right. They aren't Hun wannabe's. They are Mini Huns.

Same Tw@t. Different dress.

Like i said, whatever you say. I'm off down the pub

That is the worst grammar ever. Rule Britannia

It was an hilarious play on "eggs is eggs". :(

This is the worst thread ever because the usual sc*mmy suspects crawl out to say:

"Grass"

"They go to the games"

"What did you do about it?"

...none of which suggest that said people believe that the neds were doing anything positive.

i've rarely seen these people challenged at games.

why is that?

too scared?

people who on here who feel strongly not at games?

dont want their friends to get involved?

people who feel that strongly , & there are plenty on here, should DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

but if u come on here & moan & denigrate them, nothing will change.

personally i've done it & u should be prepared for abuse but you've got be strong.

"oh the bad men swore at me & threatened me with violence" well i'll be, there's a shock, i'll just be quiet, i did try but they didn't listen to me & i'll get hurt". so much for your beliefs & convictions.

what do u expect. u push it or u don't.

if not then put up & shut up imho rather than slag people off from behind a keyboard.

just a thought.

personally nowadays i cannae be bothered & i know quite a few of these folk. i dont hold with some of their views or songs but i can tell they all love hearts, however misguided some people think they are, & give them their undying support. they're guys who'll still be goin to the games long after vlad when the team is playin against whitehill welfare in the east seniors league (& there will still be threads like this then!). :toasting:

That pretty much nails it , we all have different beliefs and the argument of whats right and wrong , acceptable or not , is a debate that has no end . But nobody should be promoting any cause , whilst there as a Hearts supporter that damages the club

BDB,

I kinda thought that was the point of it. No point in going over who is right and who is wrong, this kind of thread has been done forever. My personal stance on the songs has no bearing on whether or not (IMO) they should be sung. IMO, they should not be sung simply because it could get the club in trouble. Shame that has been lost, this thread will run until someone steps over the line the mods set and it will be closed just like the rest.

I would like to hear from at least one that thinks the songs are either ok or not offensive to them what they think about the rules and actually getting the club into trouble, not the respective merits of each song.

BDB,

I kinda thought that was the point of it. No point in going over who is right and who is wrong, this kind of thread has been done forever. My personal stance on the songs has no bearing on whether or not (IMO) they should be sung. IMO, they should not be sung simply because it could get the club in trouble. Shame that has been lost, this thread will run until someone steps over the line the mods set and it will be closed just like the rest.

I would like to hear from at least one that thinks the songs are either ok or not offensive to them what they think about the rules and actually getting the club into trouble, not the respective merits of each song.

There is one line of one song that would get the club into trouble, I personally hope people would realise this and not sing it.

Otherwise as far as i'm concerned, People can sing what they want.

There is one line of one song that would get the club into trouble, I personally hope people would realise this and not sing it.

Otherwise as far as i'm concerned, People can sing what they want.

BUT, the OP states they did sing said line. I don't get that easily offended at football games (christ anybody that has been in the vicinity of me at a game would not be surprised at that) and only get concerned if certain songs are to get the club in trouble. Why must our own continue to shoot themselves in the foot?

I have afeeling who the guys were and I assure you that these guys are Hearts daft.

they never miss a game and are so pasionate about the club.

they are as entitled to go to the games as you.

If you don't like what they sing sing louder than them.

Ideally we would have them singing more appropriate songs so our club does not suffer but without them there would be zero atmosphere.

I appreciate your concern and it is a valid one but to say "the sooner we get rid of them the better" is ridiculous

Let yer mates know that MOST of us think they are complete and utter

SC UM, and we long for the day when they are hounded away from the club for good, so that quite a few decent people, who stopped going to away games quite while ago because of their presence, might be able to go back (with their kids)

Archived