OF Bias: Nothing New

Imeantasong

Imeantasong

Read the 1954-1964 Hearts History instalment today, and saw a small report of a SC tie against Celtic from 1961/62.

10 mins to go, 2-2. Celtic awarded a goal which everybody thought was off-side to lead 3-2, Hearts equalise.

Then, for some unknown reason, a late penalty miss was ordered to be retaken by Celtic, They scored and won.

Well, nothing changes, does it?

Unknown reason? We know the reason.

I also remember reading one from the turn or the century (19th into 20th) where we were robbed at Ibrox. Yes, it goes back that far.

Although my recollection is somewhat hazy, I was present at a game against Celtic which would appear to be the one to which you refer. I was 19 in 1962 so that is possible.

I remember referee Davidson of Airdrie, calling for Celtic's missed penalty to be retaken, for reasons nobody could fathom. We were livid, but, even then there was a realisation that the Glasgow teams were favoured. He probably would have had it re-taken over and over until they scored.

Some things never change!

Cupar Jambo
Read the 1954-1964 Hearts History instalment today, and saw a small report of a SC tie against Celtic from 1961/62.

10 mins to go, 2-2. Celtic awarded a goal which everybody thought was off-side to lead 3-2, Hearts equalise.

Then, for some unknown reason, a late penalty miss was ordered to be retaken by Celtic, They scored and won.

Well, nothing changes, does it?

Unknown reason? We know the reason.

I also remember reading one from the turn or the century (19th into 20th) where we were robbed at Ibrox. Yes, it goes back that far.

Was at the game and RH Davidson from Airdrie ordered kick to be retaken think it may have been Crerand who scored. Hated that er** Davidson ever since

Archived