The open training session

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

Anyone going? In two minds whether to go, would be interesting to see how they train but almost feel it is more an event for kids and since my nephew is away on his hols I cant drag him along so I can watch (though he would probably run onto the pitch, kick a ball then pick it up and refuse to give it up.)

What are peoples thoughts on this event, whether to go or not?

going wi' the wee man-need to get us tickets for Sunday anyway-if it's ****** I'll be offski!

chester copperpot
going wi' the wee man-need to get us tickets for Sunday anyway-if it's ****** I'll be offski!

Exactly what I'm doing too. Need Tix for Sunday, wee man wants to go, if its cack, go see the parents with the wee man.

Everyone's a winner. :)

jamboinglasgow

well I need to get a ticket for sunday so might go on that pretext. Sort of "tum tee tum, picking my tickets, hey whats happening here? Free, ok looks good."

Though my Dad and brother think I am sad for wanting to go along and see :s

well I need to get a ticket for sunday so might go on that pretext. Sort of "tum tee tum, picking my tickets, hey whats happening here? Free, ok looks good."

Though my Dad and brother think I am sad for wanting to go along and see :s

You can join us in the "shouldn't-want-to-go-cos-we're-too-old-but-are-anyway" section!

I wanna see what Csaba's training is like, and what the hell, might as well meet some players, too!

:cool:

jamboinglasgow
You can join us in the "shouldn't-want-to-go-cos-we're-too-old-but-are-anyway" section!

I wanna see what Csaba's training is like, and what the hell, might as well meet some players, too!

:cool:

I am the same, so might join the section, should be renamed the kickback section. Just feels you need a child to be at this place.

I am the same, so might join the section, should be renamed the kickback section. Just feels you need a child to be at this place.

It has just been suggested to me that we bring in a random child off the street to make it more acceptable! :eek:

I don't care, I even reinflated the Hearts football a got a few years for my b'day and have never used so that I can get it signed! haha. That really is taking it too far!

jamboinglasgow
It has just been suggested to me that we bring in a random child off the street to make it more acceptable! :eek:

I don't care, I even reinflated the Hearts football a got a few years for my b'day and have never used so that I can get it signed! haha. That really is taking it too far!

I'm sure you the players wont mind a nice female asking them for their autograph, not too sure about a 21 year old man.

Could I be a foster dad for two hours? would the council let me?

I'm sure you the players wont mind a nice female asking them for their autograph, not too sure about a 21 year old man.

Say it's for your wee cousin who's in the sick kids. They won't believe you but at least for 5 minutes you could pretend it's true!

jamboinglasgow
Say it's for your wee cousin who's in the sick kids. They won't believe you but at least for 5 minutes you could pretend it's true!

a plans coming together, its either that or the ventriliquest dummy.

Would have been funnier last year to watch..... Running through hoops, picking up the bean bags, under the net, and over the line;) Follwed by the sack race , and colly(?) bucky fights:dribble::dribble:

Jam Tarts 1874

Just tell them that you are Screpis' agent, then maybe they will just sign without even lifting their eyes. Be prepared for some nasty back-chat though :rolleyes:

All the adults going are only taking their kids as an excuse. They all really want to go but think they're too old and will look sad unless they have a bairn with them.

Fact :D

Guest JamboRobbo
All the adults going are only taking their kids as an excuse. They all really want to go but think they're too old and will look sad unless they have a bairn with them.

Indeed.

I'm washing my hair.

I say this recognising that I too have short hair but do you mean that term to be singular? ;)

On topic, I actually considered going and taking the wee man, just to see how he would react to it and to judge how soon to take him to a real game.

Cannot be bothered though.

Drylaw Hearts
I say this recognising that I too have short hair but do you mean that term to be singular? ;)

On topic, I actually considered going and taking the wee man, just to see how he would react to it and to judge how soon to take him to a real game.

Cannot be bothered though.

:)

chester copperpot

You're right. Decided against going as I couldn't be arsed after a 4am finish last night with the wee one being no well.

Sure I never missed much.

You're right. Decided against going as I couldn't be arsed after a 4am finish last night with the wee one being no well.

Sure I never missed much.

You're secretly gutted inside.

chester copperpot
More like devastated.

You're both wrong, I'm cool with it.

Honest I am, I really am cool with not going. Seriously.

I did wonder what the feck the noise coming out of Tynie was.

Scott Wilson woke me up, git.

:P

Ryan Gosling
Inconsolable would perhaps best fit the bill.

On the brink, I reckon.

You're both wrong, I'm cool with it.

Honest I am, I really am cool with not going. Seriously.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Decent 90mins outing.

Csaba talks well.

Players seemed to enjoy themselves, it was a relaxed workout, but with purpose.

"No losers in this team" were Csabas words after organising a training routine where each pair of players had to score 2 goals. Once they had achieved this they could sit out, the players were told that which ever pair were left would have to carry the temp goals off the park. Once routine was over all the 'winners' were told to get up and help remove the goals as there are "no losers in this team".

Was very impressed with Ryan Wallace (at least i think it was him).

During the 10v10 set up mini games Csaba was busy making sure those not on the ball were doing what they should be doing. He sounded as though he was the type not to suffer 'passengers'.

Decent turnout from the fans who all seemed to enjoy it.

Some kids got to take penalties near the end against a player of their choice..............whilst most went for Banks/McDonald/Berra, one kid was smarter than the rest and went for Miko(5ft nothing).

ps No sign of Riordan.

Dirk Diggler

"No losers in this team" were Csabas words after organising a training routine where each pair of players had to score 2 goals. Once they had achieved this they could sit out, the players were told that which ever pair were left would have to carry the temp goals off the park. Once routine was over all the 'winners' were told to get up and help remove the goals as there are "no losers in this team".

Good stuff.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Decent 90mins outing.

Csaba talks well.

During the 10v10 set up mini games Csaba was busy making sure those not on the ball were doing what they should be doing. He sounded as though he was the type not to suffer 'passengers'.

Some kids got to take penalties near the end against a player of their choice..............whilst most went for Banks/McDonald/Berra, one kid was smarter than the rest and went for Miko(5ft nothing).

ps No sign of Riordan.

Thanks for that gambo, shaba looking and sounding better and better all the time looking forward to the new season.

Decent 90mins outing.

Csaba talks well.

ps No sign of Riordan.

He's at ER today.

Anyone know who the young guy wearing no. 27 was ?

He looked a very tidy wee player.

Ryan Wallace i think, too far back to see his number, but if he was playing for the 'blues' in the full size game, i believe that was him.

As a side issue, Nade looked very good on the ball in the tight wee games.

It was noticable that Csaba is very vocal and encouraging with it, even when correcting a player on what he should have done/should be doing, it is done in a positive manner.

Ryan Wallace i think, too far back to see his number, but if he was playing for the 'blues' in the full size game, i believe that was him.

As a side issue, Nade looked very good on the ball in the tight wee games.

It was noticable that Csaba is very vocal and encouraging with it, even when correcting a player on what he should have done/should be doing, it is done in a positive manner.

Cheers.

A few other observations from this morning:

Makela is our best finisher by far - but only from a ten yard radius. The rest of the team couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

Rapnick looks like he'll be a real player.

We'll be playing the ball on the desk for as long as Csaba is here.

Cheers.

Makela is our best finisher by far - but only from a ten yard radius. The rest of the team couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. Agree, some of the finishing was woeful.

Rapnick looks like he'll be a real player. That is my opinion also.

We'll be playing the ball on the deck for as long as Csaba is here. Yep, but i would like to see an emphasis on it being moved forward at the same time.

Jambof3tornado

I am looking forward to tomorrow now,although I went to dunfy looking forward to that game and it was rank rotten. Lets hope Csaba has had time to work his magic and taught Mr Stewart that the while stick thing with a net hanging from it is the goal!!!(picked on him coz he had a few decent chances at dunfy!!)

Drylaw Hearts
Cheers.

Makela is our best finisher by far - but only from a ten yard radius. The rest of the team couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

Rapnick looks like he'll be a real player.

We'll be playing the ball on the desk for as long as Csaba is here.

:)

jamboinglasgow

was actully quite enjoyable watching the training. Scott Wilson was doing well keeping the fans entertained before the training started including one lad getting to do some training with Banks and MacDonald who were out long before the rest.

The players played lots of small games with different situations in it. One had sidelines turned into two sections each side and a player standing on each section on the touchline (the pitch was from the half-way line to the gorgie stand and the pitch narrowed) the game then involved the teams when attacking have to pass it out to their players on the sideline who will then cross it in. Also another where Csaba crossed the ball in for two players to swap sides when running up to the goal and knock it in.

They also had shooting practice where Csaba hilariously said to his players that "these fans have come to watch us and we want them to watch us tomorrow so keep the shots low as we dont want to put any in hospital." Most seemed to understand that but one or two hit high and (I think it was Chesney) almost knocked a boy who was on the steps with his way ward shot. But Wallace hit a cracker of a shot into the goal, it had some pace on the ball.

Csaba is as vocal as ever picking players out and giving them advice and if they did wrong he would say and if they did right he would say that.

Thought it was well organised and gave the kids fun (as I left the queue to get autographs was huge.) Also the large number of female jambos confirmed in my mind that we should set up a female hearts team like hibs, rangers and celtic have.

jamboinglasgow

Csaba was very keen on the players actully moving out quicker when the ball is moved out. Also criticised Banks when he kicked the ball out rather than pass along the ground to the defenders.

chester copperpot
Csaba was very keen on the players actully moving out quicker when the ball is moved out. Also criticised Banks when he kicked the ball out rather than pass along the ground to the defenders.

The one thing that I hated last year was our laziness to get the ball back when we didn't have possession. I think Csaba will sort this, and that will give us top 6 with the players we have, however we still need new players.

One other thing.

I read a couple of days ago that Nade was 3 weeks - a month away from full fitness.

He didn't look to shabby to me. If we still haven't signed a striker by next Saturday I'd be tempted to play him for the first hour or so as I think we'd get away with it.

One other thing.

I read a couple of days ago that Nade was 3 weeks - a month away from full fitness.

He didn't look to shabby to me. If we still haven't signed a striker by next Saturday I'd be tempted to play him for the first hour or so as I think we'd get away with it.

csabby? :P

Jambojohnnyboy

Got to agree that Nade is looking in better shape than last season.

Impressed with CL, looks for positives in everything the players did.

We're still lacking depth though in the squad, it did seems a little thin today.

Archived