"andy, andy, wheres your wife?"

then sung with force

"sh@gged by a jambo, she's being sh@gged by a jambo, sh@gged by a jaaaaaaambo!"

quality.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
londonjambo
So, we should not sing oh the hibees are gay, due to the fact statistically some will be?

I find nothing wrong with singing about hibees blood, its johnny come latelys like you that are ruining football. We may as well stop singing all together as the majority of songs are INTENDED to upset/annoy the other team and or its supporters, perhaps your more suited to tennis.

Please stop with the moral compass crap, if you dont like men raising their voices and taking the **** for 90 mins time to go with the wife/husband to ikea.

I'm glad you have at least responded to my post which is something.

I also find nothing wrong with singing about Hibees blood.

I also happen to think that we can sing songs which support our team and are others which are designed to wind up the opposition without resorting to bigotry. I certainly have nothing against men (or women for that matter) raising their voices for 90 minutes to help support their team or wind up the opposition. The method of doing it is another matter.

My point really is that there are many many songs which could be sung to support our team which would set us apart fropm the knuckle-draggers who support the old firm

Two last points. Those who know me (and there are several on this baord) will confirm that I am no "johnny-come-lately". My family has been watching Hearts since the 1920's and will contiunue to do so long after I am dead and gone.

Finally, I do like to play tennis occasionally. More suited to it ?? Dont think so.

GC

Guest S.U.S.S.
I'm glad you have at least responded to my post which is something.

I also find nothing wrong with singing about Hibees blood.

I also happen to think that we can sing songs which support our team and are others which are designed to wind up the opposition without resorting to bigotry. I certainly have nothing against men (or women for that matter) raising their voices for 90 minutes to help support their team or wind up the opposition. The method of doing it is another matter.

My point really is that there are many many songs which could be sung to support our team which would set us apart fropm the knuckle-draggers who support the old firm

Two last points. Those who know me (and there are several on this baord) will confirm that I am no "johnny-come-lately". My family has been watching Hearts since the 1920's and will contiunue to do so long after I am dead and gone.

Finally, I do like to play tennis occasionally. More suited to it ?? Dont think so.

GC

I agree there are many non bigoted songs we can and do sing, the fact that hibees blood is not bigoted means in my book its fine. Personally i dont care if other percieve me as a mini bigot for singing hibees blood, that is their problem, their perception is wrong.

As a lifelong Hearts fan i assume you have sang the fenian blood version as many of us have in our more ignorant youth?

londonjambo
I agree there are many non bigoted songs we can and do sing, the fact that hibees blood is not bigoted means in my book its fine. Personally i dont care if other percieve me as a mini bigot for singing hibees blood, that is their problem, their perception is wrong.

As a lifelong Hearts fan i assume you have sang the fenian blood version as many of us have in our more ignorant youth?

Agree with you and I wasnt saying that that version shouldnt be sung.

Yes, I did sing it when I was a wee laddie in the shed. As you say, the ignorance of youth. I'm pleased to say that I grew out of that and developed a sense of what is right and wrong for myself. I am now able to understand that, objectively, it is wrong to be discriminatory and therefore I act accordingly. I also understand that life is all about a balance between personal freedoms.

I get the distinct impression sometimes that there are some amongst our support (and I am not including you in this for the avoidance of doubt) who have also grown out of that ignorance of youth and who continue to trot out the party songs NOT because they are ignorant enough to believe that merely because someone is Catholic/black/Asian/Jewish, they are in some respect inferior but rather because they know it winds up the "true enemy", namely the so-called "PC Brigade" or, to give them their correct title, the vast majority of civilised generally liberally minded decent people.

Anyway, you and I now seem to be in agreement so who says that dialogue cant solve things ?

GC

I remember

Schaedler, Ford, Busby, Aird

The boys that F****d the hibees'

to the tune of 'skip to ma loo my darlin' (or whatever it';s called)

Schaedler scored an own goal that day by the way in case you wondered why his name was in there.

Remember that game well DF, went to that game absolutely s++++++g myself, it being the first time we'd met them since 'That Game' on New Years Day.:( IIRC, Kenny Aird tore them apart.:)

Colonel Kurtz
Remember that game well DF, went to that game absolutely s++++++g myself, it being the first time we'd met them since 'That Game' on New Years Day.:( IIRC, Kenny Aird tore them apart.:)

John Stevenson tore them apart

robin hood jambo

Oh we're the best behaved supporters in the land (when we win!)

Oh we're a right shower of barstewards when we lose (or draw)

Archived