How pointlessly racist is Top Gear.

Dr. Bapswent

Aye, good one.

Ive got a mate who's black eh...and aw ay us call him a a n*****, he doesnae mind it, so were no being rascist eh!

DUH.....

Are you HONESTLY trying to compare 3 guys turning up to a fun event against Germans in spitfire's to calling a black person a N*****?????

:confused:

loveofthegame
Are you HONESTLY trying to compare 3 guys turning up to a fun event against Germans in spitfire's to calling a black person a N*****?????

:confused:

Yeah he is, because thats what he does. 'Im right and everyone else is wrong' is how Dr B works.

Dr. Bapswent
Yeah he is, because thats what he does. 'Im right and everyone else is wrong' is how Dr B works.

Not really, its just an example.

But thanks for taking a personal angle on the subject.

Aye, good one.

Ive got a mate who's black eh...and aw ay us call him a a n*****, he doesnae mind it, so were no being rascist eh!

DUH.....

What is it with folk on this forum???

We had one numpty comparing Homosexuals with Peodaphiles the other week on a religious thread...Now we have you comparing having a laff with some Germans as being the same as calling a Black person a N*****!! :mad:

Grow up,Get over your own sense of self importance. If you don't like the programme, tape songs of praise and knock yourself out!!

And don't come back with a picture from your back catalogue of Childrens photographs you seem to have on file for some reason!! :eek:

Dr. Bapswent
What is it with folk on this forum???

We had one numpty comparing Homosexuals with Peodaphiles the other week on a religioous thread...Now we have you comparing having a laff with some Germans as being the same as calling a Black person a N*****!! :mad:

Grow up,Get over your own sense of self importance. If you don't like the programme, tape songs of praise and knock yourself out!!

And don't come back with a picture from your back catalogue of Childrens photographs you seem to have on file for some reason!! :eek:

More personal abuse from you.

You really have an axe to grind.

I wonder why.

loveofthegame
Not really, its just an example.

But thanks for taking a personal angle on the subject.

Just telling it how it is.

Chad Sexington
Aye, good one.

DUH.....

Much as I detest Top Gear and it's moronic presenters...I think you're losing it with that statement Baps.

:rolleyes:

Clarksons offerings in the tabloids were the same. 'Kraut', 'Frogs', 'Who won the bloody war anyway?'

The mans a grade A bell-end.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

There are not many people that I dislike with a passion but he's one them.

The guy is a big girl's blouse. In the face of towering fuel costs, concerns about climate change and car accidents involving reckless speeding, his 'pedal to the floor' mentality sends out all the wrong messages, especially to the impressionable.

As for his racist remarks about 'The... Germans' he shares that with many of his countrymen who can't bury the past once and for all and move on.

Dr. Bapswent
Much as I detest Top Gear and it's moronic presenters...I think you're losing it with that statement Baps.

:rolleyes:

As I said, an example, and a deliberately OTT one at that.

Chad Sexington
As I said, an example, and a deliberately OTT one at that.

Why the need to go deliberately OTT?

It reads like you're accusing another poster of condoning racism in all it's forms, which I'm sure you're not.

The motor industry is unusual. National stereotypes are attached to car manufacturers and the cars they produce by more than the three presenters of Top Gear. It's not that surprising when a critique is being given on an American muscle car, a quirky Citreon or new piece of technology from Japan that nation character traits or relied upon. Is it not similar to discussing the cuisine of a country?

In my line of work I deal with European brewers and I have noticed that where myself and my Scottish colleagues would refer to them as e.g. Kronenbourg or Holsten, my English colleagues would almost universally refer to them as just " The French " or " The Germans ". It was quite noticeable and you just knew that we would be referred to as " The Jocks " but probably " Sweaties " when out of earshot.

I do take it for what it is.

I would also take it for what it is each week if it didnt feel the need to call Merc and BMWs ZE GERMAN CARS!

It not neccessary and adds nothing. Only serves to make a point about the English psyche and its failings.

250 million viewers can't be wrong sweaty old chap!

And the anti German nonsesne to me is just as pathetic as the anti -english nonsense the Scots coem out with

I take it in the context it is given tho so all good

Aye, good one.

DUH.....

It is a worlwide thing

EVERY country in the world talks about us Jocks as bing tight or wearing kilts and they talk about the old stiff upper lip English Butler with bad teeth

Don 't take it personally dude, although I think this entire thread is i8hibshesque is posted in sheer boredum trying to get a reaction

If you don't like it then don't watch!! Top Gear is for petrol heads that want to see how quick the newest lambo or ferrari is, does anyone actually think that a show that compared the new corsa v the new fiesta would have been going for half as long as top gear has? The humour on top gear I personally find funny but that is just my taste, if I went to a show at the fringe and thought the comedian was a jumped up tory loving tosser that wasn't funny then I wouldn't rush back to the box office and get a ticket for every other night he was on so why do people who hate Clarkson so much still watch the show!!

Well said.

I P Knightley
They admit that they (Jeremy, hamster and whats his puss) are a bunch of knobs so get away with slagging other folk off.

Not hard to get, unless your easily offended.

See, I suspect that Clarkson takes the grief aimed at himself in good spirits while the camera's rolling because it's scripted & he's being paid millions for it but he'd throw a huff and a half were he to read the type of criticism he's getting here; the overbearing, talentless, ugly, unoriginal pompous tw@t.

Believe me - I'm pretty hard to offend! There's just something I find deeply unpleasant about Clarkson.

Top Gear used to be fantastic.

Now the current formula is boring and lame.

They've gone across Africa in 2nd hand cars...they've gone to the north pole (or was it south) in cars, they're races upand down and all across the globe in supercars.

Star is the car is boring as feck now.

Even the Cool Wall is crap.

Time for a major change.

Top Gear is stagnant.

this_is_my_story

FFS... Clarkson is a ******, of course he is. To me, he's not funny, no matter how hard he tries to be. But as far as 'racism' is concerned, some people need to take a serious reality check...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism

Now, what has Clarkson ever said that would reasonably allow him to ever be considered as racist? He just knows the buttons to press to obtain a reaction, nothing more.

What a load of drivel.

Clearly the germans didnt find it offensive, yet we have folk on here being offended on their behalf.

In fact, since the "tranny round the ring" (how dodgy does that sound) capers - i'd suggest that the Top Gear boys actually have a very GOOD relationship with Sabine.

Its meant as a laugh. Taking it seriously is pretty sad if you ask me.

Top Gear as a show..... its not what it used to be, but yeah - its aimed at petrolheads, and those who love cars as those three presenters clearly do will have some kinda appreciation for the humour or the topics or whatever else.

If your not in to cars..... why are you watching.....???

Racism? Dont make me laugh.

If I liked cars I would be ****ed off at what has happened to Top gear. Luckily they bore the tits off me and id rather watch caravans being thrown of cliffs and such like. It does annoy me how their 'off the cuff banter' is quite clearly scripted but its pretty funny all the same. The one with the germans was one of the funniest i'v seen although nothing will beat when they went across to the states or they make-shift limo's in london.

Its not offensive in the slightest though, some people really do need to have a word.

The Puppeteer

I don't really mind top gear, it has it's moments, although the brown nosing Clarkson gets from the the other two is quite disturbing. I'd swear his sidekick Hamster was either brought up by Clarkson or has spent years studying his vocal patterns so that he can speak in exactly the same way.

I don't really mind top gear, it has it's moments, although the brown nosing Clarkson gets from the the other two is quite disturbing. I'd swear his sidekick Hamster was either brought up by Clarkson or has spent years studying his vocal patterns so that he can speak in exactly the same way.

I've lost count the amount of times that I've heard either Hammond or May say they hope he crashes or the amount of times they've disagreed with him.

Hardly brown nosing him.

Archived