"Hertz" fan assaults cameraman in Germany.

Devries4

shaun.lawson
If indeed it is a lifetime ban from Tynie, I would suggest that is harsh punishment for tapping a journo on the hooter.

Emotions do run high at times. Might just be that the accused had his reasons. We dont know the facts.

Unless he was attacked first, then while agreeing that we don't know the facts and are only speculating, I don't think there's any defence for it I'm afraid. If what Jim McLean did to John Barnes (no, not that one!) a few years back was unacceptable, this is too - however emotional or alcohol induced this may have been.

Only a Game
Once the beer has worn off and the person involved realised that it was a rather stupid thing to do - an apoligy to Barry Anderson might smooth things over.

Suppose it comes down to if Hearts want to make an example of this. TBH, could not blame them if they did.

I think a lot depends on where and when the guy actually done it.

For example if you leathered Barry Anderson on a Tuesday night in Greenside Place, making it clear to him you were a disgruntled Hearts fan, what authority would Hearts have to ban you ?

If you leathered him in the press box at half time I could see how that might cause such offence that Hearts would feel justified in requesting that you dont ever come back.

shaun.lawson
Once the beer has worn off and the person involved realised that it was a rather stupid thing to do - an apoligy to Barry Anderson might smooth things over.

Suppose it comes down to if Hearts want to make an example of this. TBH, could not blame them if they did.

I agree. If John Barnes had pressed charges back in 2000, wee Jum McLean could've faced much tougher sanction than was actually metered out. I only hope the offender does apologise, buys Anderson a drink and so on; but it'll probably be up to the victim as to what happens.

Mac_fae_Gillie

I heard the German started it..

he invaded poland...(hey i luv fawlty towers so sue me)

Chris Evans
Unless he was attacked first, then while agreeing that we don't know the facts and are only speculating, I don't think there's any defence for it I'm afraid. If what Jim McLean did to John Barnes (no, not that one!) a few years back was unacceptable, this is too - however emotional or alcohol induced this may have been.

Ha.That was funny though. Old Jim losing the plot! Just find it hard to believe that someone would randomley walk up and smack a journo without provocation. Im not defending the actions,but there must be more to it.

And did the 'journo' retaliate? Im sure it will all come out in the wash. Something and nothing no doubt.

Gigolo-Aunt
I think a lot depends on where and when the guy actually done it.

For example if you leathered Barry Anderson on a Tuesday night in Greenside Place, making it clear to him you were a disgruntled Hearts fan, what authority would Hearts have to ban you ?

If you leathered him in the press box at half time I could see how that might cause such offence that Hearts would feel justified in requesting that you dont ever come back.

Fans do get banned from clubs for fighting, even when its not in the teams (or other's) stadiums.

We dont know the whole story, but it does not sound the clever from what we have so far.

Chris Evans
I agree. If John Barnes had pressed charges back in 2000, wee Jum McLean could've faced much tougher sanction than was actually metered out. I only hope the offender does apologise, buys Anderson a drink and so on; but it'll probably be up to the victim as to what happens.

Is it confirmed as Anderson? I was holding on to the slim hope that it was Andy Walker. Dont know why he would be in Germany with Hearts but i can dream!

ToadKiller Dog

I presume banderson was assaulted in the football stadium?

I think the club have no option but to make an example of the guy even if it was a moment of stupid drunkenness ,The club cannot be seen to condone or be light on attacks on reporters or anybody else.

A would say a life time ban would be harsh but not unexpected.

shaun.lawson
Ha.That was funny though. Old Jim losing the plot! Just find it hard to believe that someone would randomley walk up and smack a journo without provocation. Im not defending the actions,but there must be more to it.

And did the 'journo' retaliate? Im sure it will all come out in the wash. Something and nothing no doubt.

Oh, it was funny (Tam Cowan's take on it was "disgraceful! Outrageous! Why couldn't it have been Chick Young instead?") - but it was also indefensible, and a desperately sad way for a great manager who'd lost the plot years earlier to bow out of the game. And personally, having read some of the things said about journalists on here at times, and the paranoia/siege mentality so many appear to harbour, I find it all too believable that this was an unprovoked attack: especially if there was a lot of alcohol involved.

shaun.lawson
Is it confirmed as Anderson? I was holding on to the slim hope that it was Andy Walker. Dont know why he would be in Germany with Hearts but i can dream!

It was Anderson: at least, that's what CornhillHearts said on the Kaiserslautern thread when revealing this in the first place.

jackjambo22

I wasny at the game or witnessed the apparent assault so i wont comment on or get my knickers in a twist about something i know absolutely he haw about :confused:

Chris Evans
I wasny at the game or witnessed the apparent assault so i wont comment on or get my knickers in a twist about something i know absolutely he haw about :confused:

Thanks.;)

Therapist will be thrilled to know foetalalcoholsyndrome.net know 100% for sure it was him that did it, and that he's banned for life.

:laugh:

That's brilliant. :)

Incidentally, I know for a fact that Hearts don't ban people for scrapping.

Aye shame if the guy is banned.

Bad combination , booze and journalists.

Imagine if andy walker or murdo the clown macloud had been there.

This was always going to happen considering the ammount of trash written by some newspapers about HEARTS.:107years::107years::107years:

To be fair you realy would have to be a scu mbag to assault someone as a result of them making comments about sport in a newspaper, no matter how much you had had to drink!

TBH...If it's Bazza the Hobo Anderson he's gubbed, the guy must have been steamin', it claims he called him a Journalist!?:confused:

Anyway "Hertz" seemingly got a photographer to follow him and take his picture...Welcome to Tyncastle hall of fame mate!! ;)

I'd replace Pressleys picture in the Floodlights with yours!!

(This is not a dig at SP, I still think he's a legend! :))

Chris Evans
That's brilliant. :)

Incidentally, I know for a fact that Hearts don't ban people for scrapping.

Source;)

It seems them reptiles know more abotut this than us lot !! How is that ? A little obsession with their larger more important rivals probably. Sad. ;)

Anyway I have had a look at the Hearts Vs K thread and no clear suspect.

Could be JamboRobbo or Le Chat. They both seemed a bit angry on that thread.

Have they memorised the membeship or something?! Worrying!

thanks for sharing :)

Carl Weathers

Anyway "Hertz" seemingly got a photographer to follow him and take his picture...Welcome to Tyncastle hall of fame mate!! ;)

I'd replace Pressleys picture in the Floodlights with yours!!

(This is not a dig at SP, I still think he's a legend! :))

Quality!

Imeantasong
I just hope they don't get banned from Tynie.

Bearing in mind what Vlad thinks of our press he probably got him photographed to make sure he gives the season ticket to the right guy.

Bearing in mind what Vlad thinks of our press he probably got him photographed to make sure he gives the season ticket to the right guy.

:laugh:

Vlad will probably present the bloke with a medal the size of a fecking dustbin lid.

CornhillHearts

My lips are sealed, we have all made mistakes when drink is concerned, its not as if I ever worked for Planet Hearts.

Miller Jambo 60
papertohatwizard.jpg

End of the day we true jambos hate the press end off:):107years::107years:

As for D Hardie whats it like to follow **** MA HA:107years:

Jam Tarts 1874

I bet Gordon Waddell had numerous orgasms as he was penning his version of events, is there a more anti-Hearts "journalist" anywhere?

And why are the daily ranker and the sunday small paying so much attention to Hearts' pre-season anyway? the ranker's "report" on the Kaiserslautern game was double page!

Denny Crane
I bet Gordon Waddell had numerous orgasms as he was penning his version of events, is there a more anti-Hearts "journalist" anywhere?

And why are the daily ranker and the sunday small paying so much attention to Hearts' pre-season anyway? the ranker's "report" on the Kaiserslautern game was double page!

A touch of amnesia here. Waddell gave us a glowing tribute the week we qualified for the Champions League. You will have also noticed that in this week's SM he gives us kudos for joining with Falkirk to tell the Old Firm where they could stick their five per cent.

As for your tirade at the Record doing a two page spread on the Kaiserslauten game. Contemptable to say the least.

Look closely. It was for a Saturday morning edition. An SPL team (and a big one outwith the Old Firm at that) were playing on the Friday evening (not a common day to play a football match). We also happened to be playing against a fairly decent German team. I'd say it was worthy of coverage. It seems other papers are doing it too. Why? Because Hearts wll have no doubt given them accreditation to join them for their pre-season in this new order of club/media co-operation - something that's been lacking since Mercer sold up.

Would you rather the Record did a four paragraph report down the wing of the page that comes after the racing? Indeed, what would your's and everyone else's reaction had been to that!?

Jam Tarts 1874
A touch of amnesia here. Waddell gave us a glowing tribute the week we qualified for the Champions League. You will have also noticed that in this week's SM he gives us kudos for joining with Falkirk to tell the Old Firm where they could stick their five per cent.

As for your tirade at the Record doing a two page spread on the Kaiserslauten game. Contemptable to say the least.

Look closely. It was for a Saturday morning edition. An SPL team (and a big one outwith the Old Firm at that) were playing on the Friday evening (not a common day to play a football match). We also happened to be playing against a fairly decent German team. I'd say it was worthy of coverage. It seems other papers are doing it too. Why? Because Hearts wll have no doubt given them accreditation to join them for their pre-season in this new order of club/media co-operation - something that's been lacking since Mercer sold up.

Would you rather the Record did a four paragraph report down the wing of the page that comes after the racing? Indeed, what would your's and everyone else's reaction had been to that!?

Victory will never be yours on the basis of this post. Gordon Waddell has time and time again put the boot into Hearts with no rationale or substance in his ramblings for him doing so.

You opine that I have made a "tirade" against the ranker for producing a double page report on our game against a German team from outwith the top-flight in Germany. I suggest you look up the word "tirade" and then read again what I actually wrote, I think you will find that you are wrong. I think you will also find that if Hearts had not been defeated in that game, the report would have been nothing more than 4 paragraphs.

Denny Crane
Victory will never be yours on the basis of this post. Gordon Waddell has time and time again put the boot into Hearts with no rationale or substance in his ramblings for him doing so.

You opine that I have made a "tirade" against the ranker for producing a double page report on our game against a German team from outwith the top-flight in Germany. I suggest you look up the word "tirade" and then read again what I actually wrote, I think you will find that you are wrong. I think you will also find that if Hearts had not been defeated in that game, the report would have been nothing more than 4 paragraphs.

The point I was making is that Waddell has complimented Hearts as well as criticising us in the past. Sorry if that was too difficult for you to comprehend.

No need to look up the word tirade. It was one.

Kaiserslauten do have a prestigious history (Fritz Walter et al) despite their current standing (sound familiar) hence there would be a relatively high degree of interest in them no matter which SPL team played the club in pre-season.

Had Hearts won, I'm fairly sure the Record would have continued with the two-page spread. They would not have gone to the expense of sending Chris Roberts out there (who has been filing in quite a lot of Hearts copy going by the Record editions out since Hearts took to Germany) just for a 100-word wing story. Indeed, why would the Sunday Mail go to the expense of sending Waddell out as well? I take it you didn't see his interview with Lazslo in yesterday's edition? Others on JKB seem to have and have gone so far as to post a thread on it.

But of course this would rock the applecart of your wild conspiracy theory. Unless of course, you have actual hard proof you can substantiate it?

Maroon 1874
Pleas don't ban him for life.:sad:

Aha! you or *someone closley conected to you perhaps :P

*noticed Canada in you're avatar

Obviously a good jambo travelling to Germany for a pre season.

We have all done daft things with a bevvy.

Would never want a loyal hearts fan banned for nothing to do with Hearts.

If your wearing a Hearts top and get stopped speeding by the police and get 3 points and ?60 fine do they write to Hearts now to ban you!!!!!!!!

Thats how bad its getting anything to do with wearing a hearts top!!!

Archived