Dundee Utd V Barca (NHC)

Angry Haggis

1-0

lol...

Hibs are amazing - and we should let their fans know it.. they were 4-0 down at this point in the game

:P:107years:

Ibrahim Tall

What a ****** up by their defence. Feel less worried about this season everytime i've seen any of our rivals play.

Utd look a cracking bet @ 10/3 to be 3rd given the relative shambles of Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen.

Utd look a cracking bet @ 10/3 to be 3rd given the relative shambles of Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen.

absolutely

and despite the myth surrounding levein and boring football, united never look boring when I see them

A lot of pass and move football

they've always looked pretty good when knocking 4 past us regularly recently too

portobellojambo1

It is too early to determine how they will perform in the league but their midfield is outplaying, out tackling, out passing Barcelona's. Flood, Gomis and Prince Baubin look like 3 cracking players.

yet again DUFC are showing the Edinburgh sides how to play against top class opposition!!

I thought DUFC were great against Barca last year and so far I think they're playing even better. Yes it may only be a friendly and if it were a meaningful game Barca's tempo might be slightly quicker but credit where credits due they are looking good (DUFC that is) and I'm certainly not worrying less about playing them this season, on this showing DUFC will walk to 3rd spot.

Could be time to get a wee wager on me thinks.

The thing that nobody can dispute about Levein teams is 9 games out of 10 everybody is focused, knows their role in the side and are 100% commited. Very rarely will the punters not get value for money from the players. If they don't put it in they won't survive long under his managership. They are a very solid side and I think will easily claim 3rd given how the other sides are shaping up.

On the otherhand we have to put up with endless charlatans and wasters and it's down to the lack of discipline and professionalism.

Fat Striker
absolutely

and despite the myth surrounding levein and boring football, united never look boring when I see them

A lot of pass and move football

they've always looked pretty good when knocking 4 past us regularly recently too

It's a big bug bear of mine.

Everytime I've watched Utd they've been easy on the eye.

I also seem to remember plenty goals and exciting comebacks when he was in charge of us, unfortunately many just like to remember the negatives.

Nucky Thompson
I'll give you 5/1. Seriously mate, if there is someone on here we both trust could hold the money. You hand over ?100 and I'll hand over ?500.

ToadKiller Dog

Fair play to you united they are set up in the correct way to make it difficult for Barca ,still think its Clear Barca are still a bit rusty .Also playing at there own ground is a big advantage.

United look very good in Prince Bourbon i think they have found a gem .

Clearly united will be in the fight for 3rd its a bit premature to say they will walk it based on a friendly performance.

One thing i cant see united dropping many points at tannadice .

It's a big bug bear of mine.

Everytime I've watched Utd they've been easy on the eye.

I also seem to remember plenty goals and exciting comebacks when he was in charge of us, unfortunately many just like to remember the negatives.

Aye,I remember when we horsed DAFC 6-0 (IIRC) and a very well respected Jambo who used to sit next to me said " Levein,your the most defensive minded manager we have ever had" quality,so it was.

I wish we had CL as manager,but everyone know's that wont happen as long as he's here.

Angry Haggis

I will 'Love it' if Utd beat Barca..more fuel to the fire to rub it in the noses of the hobo's.....

kevin_keegan-head_over_heels_in_love_s.jpg

Prince Bourbon i think they have found a gem

Crumbs! ;)

Greedy_Jambo

how easily did messi put that away. it was like there wasn't even a goal keeper.

Greedy_Jambo

messi is only human. He just has a hell of a lot of confidence when it comes to kicking a ball. thats what the people should aim for.. they should kick a ball everywhere they go!

Nucky Thompson
Do you want that bet or not:)

how easily did messi put that away. it was like there wasn't even a goal keeper.

the new back up keeper is pants as seen second half:rolleyes:

Charlie-Brown

Here's all the goals for anybody who missed the game yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YooeDX9-Hn0

I think United will be very strong challengers for 3rd place this season as Levein maximises what he gets from his relatively limited resources and he also has an 18 month start on Csaba Lazlo however I think we will improve as the season progresses and hopefully we will have become strong enough to prevail over the next 10 months.

Also United won't face strikers in the SPL as potent as they did yesterday - well not at least until Glen & Templeton reach peak form. :)

A couple of real schoolboy howlers from the Dundee Utd boys. I dont care who you are playing ducking when you should punt it (1st goal) and a 45 yards (own) defence splitting pass is not all that impressive to me.

:rofl:

Can't think why this thread ended so suddenly.

Hearts for the CL!

Difference is that Barca played right to the death yesterday and won by 4.

Against you muppets they played for 20 minutes and were up by 4.

Have Hibs ever qualified to play in the Champions League competition btw ? Nah, didn't think so :rolleyes:

Trumpet.

Captain Price
That boy Messi reminds me of a young Miko :P

miko is better though.....:P

Jam Tarts 1874

So these Barca results mean that Dundee Utd should beat the hoobs 2-0? Our 3-1 defeat last year to Barca was one of the worst Hearts' performances I have ever seen, so how bad were hibs and Dundee Utd? Or were Barca just more prepared as they have a CL tie coming up?

Can anyone honestly say that they have been able to guage how the season will be from pre-season friendlies? If these pre-season friendlies mean anything Motherwell's 4-0 against Bradford and Celtic's 1-0 against Porto look like the best of the SPL pre-season efforts so far. I was expecting Motherwell to have sold all their players by now.

Archived