Work Permit for Obua

wavydavy

Does anyone know when the committee sits to decide on whether he will be granted a work permit or not?

Here's hoping Alex Salmond can put in a good word.;)

Does anyone know when the committee sits to decide on whether he will be granted a work permit or not?

Here's hoping Alex Salmond can put in a good word.;)

What's Alex Salmond got to do with it? :wacko:

As was comprehensively proven on a recent thread in the Shed, the Smug One is no Hearts fan. Personally I'd be very surprised if he even knows where Tynecastle is. :sad:

davemclaren

As was comprehensively proven on a recent thread in the Shed, the Smug One is no Hearts fan. Personally I'd be very surprised if he even knows where Tynecastle is. :sad:

It's good to see a committed fishermen caught himself.....:)

Get up on the wrong side of the bed did we?

So I suppose this will be wrong then Therapist.

http://www.snp.org/people/alex-salmond

Yes. Very wrong.

Check this thread. The evidence of non-jamboness from The Smug One is overwhelming.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=20738

Alex Salmond held a Hearts season ticket for at least 10 years and only gave it up when he returned as leader of the SNP.

That is an indisuputable FACT searchable on the net, in the public domain and available from the SNP if you simply ask them to confirm it.

He will aslo proudly tell you the same fact, should you ever meet him and ask him, as I have done. We had a lengthy discussion about Romanov the last time I met him and he's very very knowledgable about what is going on at Hearts

Another case of you clouding the facts, in fact lieing about them to suit your politics and agenda.

Clearly you dont like his politics or what he stands for.

But he's a Jambo. let there be no doubt.

Like that?

Billy Bigtime
Yes. Very wrong.

Check this thread. The evidence of non-jamboness from The Smug One is overwhelming.

Erm........no it isn't. Your whole premise is that you haven't seen him at Tynecastle!! I didn't know you checked all the seats. I'll be in section C when you next come round policing Jambo credentials

i had a look at that thread, and all of the 'overwhelming' evidence appeared to come from Therapist himself!! Wouldn't exactly hold up in court.....do you think he is trying to convince himself?!

Get up on the wrong side of the bed did we?

Probably had a restless night because the Union Jack duvet cover was in the wash.

Billy the Jambo

Anyway back to the OP does anyone have any idea when this panel are sitting to decide the work permit issues

Anyway back to the OP does anyone have any idea when this panel are sitting to decide the work permit issues

Billy thanks for that I had almost forgotten why I started this thread myself.

So does anybody know?

i had a look at that thread, and all of the 'overwhelming' evidence appeared to come from Therapist himself!!

There's a surprise.

Yes. Very wrong.

What evidence? the only evidence seems to be that you claim never to have seen him a Tynecastle most of the posts on this thread are from other Hearts Fans agreeing that he is a Hearts fan.

The tone you use when referring to him makes it very obvious that you dislike either the man himself or the fact that he is a member and Leader of the SNP or perhaps it is more than that.

Anyway, my original question was did anyone happen to know when the Work Permit Panel were likely to sit and review the David Obua case, do have have an answer to that please.

Probably had a restless night because the Union Jack duvet cover was in the wash.

Brilliant!

alwaysthereinspirit
What evidence? the only evidence seems to be that you claim never to have seen him a Tynecastle most of the posts on this thread are from other Hearts Fans agreeing that he is a Hearts fan.

The tone you use when referring to him makes it very obvious that you dislike either the man himself or the fact that he is a member and Leader of the SNP or perhaps it is more than that.

Anyway, my original question was did anyone happen to know when the Work Permit Panel were likely to sit and review the David Obua case, do have have an answer to that please.

I said it when he signed and I still believe it. We will get shafted. He will not get a work permit.

Dont know what to base it on just a bad feeling I have.

I said it when he signed and I still believe it. We will get shafted. He will not get a work permit.

I'm also concerned, but I don't think they would dare do it again so soon after Gogua - it would be a real scandal if it is denied.

I've just read through the other thread quoted on here and it is quite clear that Therapist is a total moron

coppercrutch
Campbell Ogilvie is putting together a strong case for him at the moment.

Good stuff. However we have done that before and failed for some unknown* reason.....Fingers crossed.

* Aye right..:mad:

I'm also concerned, but I don't think they would dare do it again so soon after Gogua - it would be a real scandal if it is denied.

I think there was more to it than a WP,Spartak Nalchik wanted a transfer fee instead of a loan deal.

Mind can't see there being any probs with Obua.

Drylaw Hearts
I've just read through the other thread quoted on here and it is quite clear that Therapist is a total moron

:)

A Boy Named Crow

I don't think they would let that bother them. Bare faced I think is the term for it!

Greedy_Jambo
I don't think they would let that bother them. Bare faced I think is the term for it!

bare arse faced if yer talking about romanov and his son.

I may be mistaken, but did the last tribunal to sit on one of our appeals not contain three folk with definite hobo leanings including murder mcleod?

I don't think their is going to a problem with him getting a wp. According to the EEN, he'll get knocked back at first because of Uganda rankings. But because one of the most talented players in African football should be enough for him to gain one. It would be scandalous if it was refused. Even more so if he goes down south and gets one.

nanananananana-angus
I may be mistaken, but did the last tribunal to sit on one of our appeals not contain three folk with definite hobo leanings including murder mcleod?

I think Coppercrutch would know the answer to your question Inspector.I remember he did some brilliant homework on a previous thread about the appeals panel.

I might be wrong but I seem to remember that the panel for the Gogua appeal was kept confidential after angry Hearts punters demanded to know who decided Gogua wasn't deemed good enough to play here.

As for Obua,the panel will probably allow him a permit but only after we've played rangers,just as they did last season with Marius Niculae.;)

john brownlee

I agree

when have Hearts ever got a wp or a decent decision in our favour when it comes to football laws think back to the first tv euro game not only was it disallowed but we got a hefty fine as well.

He does not meet the criteria so no chance even on appeal

They all hate us so prove they dont and give us the WP

Sorry to maintain the "off thread" theme, but, as one who opposed the Therapists views, I feel vindicated in my opposition on reading his latest postings. His persistent insistence that he has proved his point when he hasn't, shows him up as a sad, deluded individual, with a bee in his bonnet.

coppercrutch
I think Coppercrutch would know the answer to your question Inspector.I remember he did some brilliant homework on a previous thread about the appeals panel.

I might be wrong but I seem to remember that the panel for the Gogua appeal was kept confidential after angry Hearts punters demanded to know who decided Gogua wasn't deemed good enough to play here.

As for Obua,the panel will probably allow him a permit but only after we've played rangers,just as they did last season with Marius Niculae.;)

Cheers. I was out of work at the time. Had a bit of time on my hands...:)

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=21829

Sorry to maintain the "off thread" theme, but, as one who opposed the Therapists views, I feel vindicated in my opposition on reading his latest postings. His persistent insistence that he has proved his point when he hasn't, shows him up as a sad, deluded individual, with a bee in his bonnet.

Perhaps he needs to see a Therapist?:)

I agree

when have Hearts ever got a wp or a decent decision in our favour when it comes to football laws think back to the first tv euro game not only was it disallowed but we got a hefty fine as well.

He does not meet the criteria so no chance even on appeal

They all hate us so prove they dont and give us the WP

Erm,your avitar Larry Kingston,IMO he should have had the book thrown at him.

Sorry T read into page two and if anything the evidence points to him being a jambo. Albeit not a very good one in recent years.

Suggest you read the whole thing mate. ;)

Seymour M Hersh
Suggest you read the whole thing mate. ;)

Just did as you suggested and I remain unconvinced by your argument. Just because PB said the season tickets were corporate is hardly damning evidence. Still he is a smug git.

coppercrutch
Did you say the details of the Gogua panel were never released ?

I thought that we knew that Higgins and MacLeod were at least two of them ?

I don't think so, was a while back though. They to do not release the names of the panel as a matter of course..............Can't imagine why...:rolleyes:

This is taken from pat nevin in today's scotland on sunday....

The panel changes regularly with a rota of members and I wasn't involved in the infamous Hibs mafia incident when Hearts failed to secure yet another new player from abroad while that particular panel consisted of four ex-Hibernian players. As the brouhaha grew I checked his qualifications and they weren't even close to being good enough; a panel consisting of Gary Mackay, Donald Ford and the chairman of the Hearts supporters' club would have turned him down as well, given the full facts....

Is it just me being para or is the timing of this story 'Lay off the work permits committie - it works for the good of the game' a bit of a coincidence in that hearts are once again hoping to obtain a work permit

Seymour M Hersh
This is taken from pat nevin in today's scotland on sunday....

The panel changes regularly with a rota of members and I wasn't involved in the infamous Hibs mafia incident when Hearts failed to secure yet another new player from abroad while that particular panel consisted of four ex-Hibernian players. As the brouhaha grew I checked his qualifications and they weren't even close to being good enough; a panel consisting of Gary Mackay, Donald Ford and the chairman of the Hearts supporters' club would have turned him down as well, given the full facts....

Is it just me being para or is the timing of this story 'Lay off the work permits committie - it works for the good of the game' a bit of a coincidence in that hearts are once again hoping to obtain a work permit

He may well be making good and relevant points but what gets me is (as with all things associated with the game in Scotland) is the complete lack of transparency after a decision is made. It almost always appears arbitrary in nature leaving the fans in the dark and therefor leading to conspiracy theories abounding. If they only had to come out and explain the reasons behind the decisions many fans would probably just say fair enough (no matter the make up of the committee).

ToadKiller Dog

Sounds like a lot of Bluff from Nevin protecting his buddies if you ask me ,he has not given one real fact to defend the hobo 4s decision and does he comment on the jason scotland one again with a hobo panel?.

Have lost a bit of respect for him on this issue.

There is no logic to his point re the player -- wasn't deemed good enough for Premier League so decision was correct then in next sentence he was good enough for First Division because he would play in first team and not be used as often from the bench -- that meant he was a player who would 'significantly benefit' the game in Scotland -- so really it depends if you are going to play regularly and not really at what level -- that is totally bizarre.

He is def trying to defend the indefensible re panels -- they are all tainted by their past relationships -- why don't the panel come from England/Wales or Ireland who will not in most cases have an emotional attachment to a club in this country.

Sounds like a lot of Bluff from Nevin protecting his buddies if you ask me ,he has not given one real fact to defend the hobo 4s decision and does he comment on the jason scotland one again with a hobo panel?.

Have lost a bit of respect for him on this issue.

Well he is after all a self confessed Hobbo fan.

Famous Hearts

Obua might as well get the first flight home.Even if he was Ronaldo's more talented brother he wouldn't get past the corruption in the Scottish game.

Professor.Arturo

If Obua was signing for ra shellick, would this even be getting discussed, he'd have his permit by now :(

how important is it to fulfil the criteria in getting work permits? I mean are they set in stone rules or guidance for these panels? If it's the case (as I tjhink I have read somewhere) that Obua doesn't meet the 75% of international appearances and that Uganda are something like 90th in the rankings - how big a problem is this?

Reading threads on here some people seem to assume he'll get his work permit without much problem but I wonder how big a problem the above will be.

Ryan Gosling
how important is it to fulfil the criteria in getting work permits? I mean are they set in stone rules or guidance for these panels? If it's the case (as I tjhink I have read somewhere) that Obua doesn't meet the 75% of international appearances and that Uganda are something like 90th in the rankings - how big a problem is this?

Reading threads on here some people seem to assume he'll get his work permit without much problem but I wonder how big a problem the above will be.

Obua has played 75% of the competitive matches from the last 2 years, but Uganda aren't in the top 70. As such this would go to appeal.

With 75% of matches played, and a South African player of the year award, plus Ugandan player of the year, plus the trial at West Ham, and logic dictates he will qualify comfortably as he would improve the quality of the Scottish game.

But we're not using logic because the panel are corrupt *****s.

Archived