Work Permit for Obua

wavydavy

Cardiac Rucksack
how important is it to fulfil the criteria in getting work permits? I mean are they set in stone rules or guidance for these panels? If it's the case (as I tjhink I have read somewhere) that Obua doesn't meet the 75% of international appearances and that Uganda are something like 90th in the rankings - how big a problem is this?

Reading threads on here some people seem to assume he'll get his work permit without much problem but I wonder how big a problem the above will be.

The problem will be to do with who the experts on the panel are and where their allegiances lie and nothing else.

Only a Game
The problem will be to do with who the experts on the panel are and where their allegiances lie and nothing else.

I think we'll be challenging the impartiality of the panel through some other channel if we dont get a WP for this guy.

Lesser players(on paper)than him have gotten WP's in recent memory. The only way this will be refused is if the panel stick the knife in because its us. There are no other grounds when you see what other players got one.

I think we'll be challenging the impartiality of the panel through some other channel if we dont get a WP for this guy.

Lesser players(on paper)than him have gotten WP's in recent memory. The only way this will be refused is if the panel stick the knife in because its us. There are no other grounds when you see what other players got one.

Not sure that it can be done.

I have read the attached and it would appear that you get one bite at the cherry as they say,

So here's hoping Campbell Ogilvy has put up the best possible case.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/tier2/workpermits/workpermitarrangements/sportsandentertainments/footballplayers/

Only a Game
Not sure that it can be done.

I have read the attached and it would appear that you get one bite at the cherry as they say,

So here's hoping Campbell Ogilvy has put up the best possible case.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/tier2/workpermits/workpermitarrangements/sportsandentertainments/footballplayers/

I think I am right in saying that you can go to the court of session and get a judicial review for just about anything that involves a process which might effect either your own business, or the rights of an individual, provided you can present a case that you were unfairly treated and have exhausted all other alternatives within the process you were going through.

didnt Craig Levein go to the court of session for a football matter ?

Drylaw Hearts
I think I am right in saying that you can go to the court of session and get a judicial review for just about anything that involves a process which might effect either your own business, or the rights of an individual, provided you can present a case that you were unfairly treated and have exhausted all other alternatives within the process you were going through.

He did.

He was given a lengthy ban by the SFA for refusal to pay a fine after the Rugby Park debacle.

I'm sure CL based his case on the SFA stopping him from doing his job properly.

Not sure but I would bet that if we are unsuccessful the first time round we will not take it any further.

I would love us to challenge it if the permit is rejected but then I doubt we would win.

Anyway we should be taking a leaf out of Csaba's book and being positive.:)

He did.

He was given a lengthy ban by the SFA for refusal to pay a fine after the Rugby Park debacle.

I'm sure CL based his case on the SFA stopping him from doing his job properly.

Did he win?

Colonel Kurtz

CL had a cast iron case,he complained about Jefferies being in the referees room at half time,he was and would have testefied to that effect.

The Gogua wp appeal was I believe handled by one of our eastern european friends and was apparantly a shambles,it didnt help that we were only wanting to sign him on loan .

Perhaps a closer examination of the how,why and who of the Moroccan wp fiasco ,when an ex hobo decided that caps gained at the olympics should count,would be appropriate.

I predict we will be ok this time.

Guest JamboRobbo
CL had a cast iron case,he complained about Jefferies being in the referees room at half time,he was and would have testefied to that effect.

The Gogua wp appeal was I believe handled by one of our eastern european friends and was apparantly a shambles,it didnt help that we were only wanting to sign him on loan .

I think you are right Colonel, but the rules specifically state that loan/permanent should be treated no differently.....wouldn't surprise me if panel were unaware of that though....

I think you are right Colonel, but the rules specifically state that loan/permanent should be treated no differently.....wouldn't surprise me if panel were unaware of that though....

Yes especially Murdo McLeod, he can hardly speak never mind read.:)

Archived