Patio Doors Advice

christhejambo

christhejambo

My mums just broken the handle off the patio doors, so can barely get the bloody thing open now. Its one of the older, slide type ones. Its been over 10 years since they were fitted by CR Smith, so they weren't interested when she called them up to ask where she could get a part etc.

Anyone know if this a matter for a double glazing firm, joiner, locksmith or what? Even better, could anyone recommend somebody.

Cheers

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I called DynoLock when I had a problem with mine and they were first class but it's a franchise so you might not be so lucky as this was in Notts

John Findlay

Advice. Open them before walking through them.

John

one of the wheels on my patio doors broke last year. Phoned a pile of places and one guy said to try my insurance company.

Phoned them up, guy came out the next day to check what was what. ?50 excess and a new ?1400 door fitted 2 weeks later ........ job done !!!

Obviously have to have accidental damage on your insurance policy though

christhejambo
one of the wheels on my patio doors broke last year. Phoned a pile of places and one guy said to try my insurance company.

Phoned them up, guy came out the next day to check what was what. ?50 excess and a new ?1400 door fitted 2 weeks later ........ job done !!!

Obviously have to have accidental damage on your insurance policy though

Thats what im leaning towards to be honest- need to check the excess and whether she is covered for accidental damage, but that sounds like a plan. cheers

Archived