Prams Banned from Buses - Awful PC Decision

Rawrrrrrrr

kirstyhearts
Great news one less Kirsty on a bus to worry about ;)

Glad you can afford petrol by the way Probably pay for it out of your child allowance Whats that all about anyway ? Money from the goverment for having unprotected sex in my book :mad:

Actually, I'm 30, done 4 years at Uni to become a teacher, married the guy I love and my baby was very wanted. Having a maths degree I can manage my money pretty well thanks.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
doctor jambo
Great news one less Kirsty on a bus to worry about ;)

Glad you can afford petrol by the way Probably pay for it out of your child allowance Whats that all about anyway ? Money from the goverment for having unprotected sex in my book :mad:

I take it you are just joking....

The other way of looking at it is you get child benefit as a thanks for providing a future tax payer in order to pay for pensions, health, police etc.

And for taking on a massive financial commitment to have children when the taxation system in this country is geared against those with families, and especially against those who give up work to raise their children

THree children in my family all under 5

Family allowance ?170 per month

Big fat hairy deal

Alcoholic benefits top up ?70 per week- and they just lie around peeing themselves and being sick too- clear discrimination in my book

Robbos Right Peg
Actually, I'm 30, done 4 years at Uni to become a teacher, married the guy I love and my baby was very wanted. Having a maths degree I can manage my money pretty well thanks.

Dont get me started on students......... 4 years of scrounging ;) But well done you and your fiscal prudence. Bet you still take the government coin for your nipper probably even sticking it in the bank account that the government opened up for it. Spare a thought for us guys that fire blanks ;)

More importantly lighten up I am only extracting the bodily liquid waste :rolleyes:

Robbos Right Peg
I take it you are just joking....

The other way of looking at it is you get child benefit as a thanks for providing a future tax payer in order to pay for pensions, health, police etc.

And for taking on a massive financial commitment to have children when the taxation system in this country is geared against those with families, and especially against those who give up work to raise their children

THree children in my family all under 5

Family allowance ?170 per month

Big fat hairy deal

Alcoholic benefits top up ?70 per week- and they just lie around peeing themselves and being sick too- clear discrimination in my book

Of course I am in Dr J the Johnny Vegas of JKB me Now where do I sign up for that ?70 a week I have been missing out on all these years ?:dribble: by the way I have been peeing myself and being sick since I was born can it be back dated ?

I P Knightley
love it Ivan you just made my bad day better :)

But Dee might not be to bad a name for a girl not sure about Gee if Kirsti had produced twins. Her other sprog might be called Annie for all we know she might like a nice West End production

Maybe the wrong sort of culture for our Kirsti fae the Hailes.

And I see that Doctor Jambo has given the response to KirstyHearts that spring to my mind. More eloquently, too. (and I'd realised that RRP was taking the P)

A thought: has anyone here ever been on a bus where a wheelchair user's tried getting on? I haven't.

Robbos Right Peg
Maybe the wrong sort of culture for our Kirsti fae the Hailes.

And I see that Doctor Jambo has given the response to KirstyHearts that spring to my mind. More eloquently, too. (and I'd realised that RRP was taking the P)

A thought: has anyone here ever been on a bus where a wheelchair user's tried getting on? I haven't.

See what I did there Ivan I thought it was quite clever. This is the sort of banter that used to be common place on the old JKB but once again the PC brigade rule the roost.

However I have been on a peasant shuttle a few times when a wheel chair person plus helper has tried to get on (the route passes a care centre) when Kirsti/Kylie/Sharleen etc etc and their brood have been in situ en route to get their methadone They are never best pleased having to move

That's a piece of crap.

Buggies for older babies and toddlers fold up, no bother.

But those " travel stystem " things? No way could a parent of a newborn do that on their jack jones with everything else they will be carrying.

If it's winter and the baby is under six months old there is every chance they will be in a carry cot attached to the base. How are you supposed to take that off and where are you going to place it? Over your knees? Dead safe.

When my Mrs was on mat. leave a couple of years ago one of the highlights of her week was going to the baby cinema on Thursday mornings at the Cameo. It was good for her to get out and about. Now some friggin communist somewhere, Brussels, Edinburgh council, Holyrood, wherever, is saying she can't get there unless she gets a taxi there and back?

Why is it that so many people in position of power always appear to want to limit peoples freedom of movement?

...but they can fold down, as you say, so why would they be banned? As well as your standarda McLaren Buggy, I've got a Jane 360 which is like one of the ones you refer to. That folds down ok.

Pah .

I've got a "Emmaljunga Barnvagnsfabrik AB Edge Duo Combi". It's the totts-nuts .

Can outsprint a bus so no need to mix with the hoi polloi.

product-6750946.jpg

Pah .

I've got a "Emmaljunga Barnvagnsfabrik AB Edge Duo Combi". It's the totts-nuts .

Can outsprint a bus so no need to mix with the hoi polloi.

product-6750946.jpg

Pah.

Who needs 4 wheels when 3 will do? Multo manouverable for getting around those tricky shop floors...:rolleyes: (WTF am I havering about???)

jane360p.jpg

Robbos Right Peg

When my Mrs was on mat. leave a couple of years ago one of the highlights of her week was going to the baby cinema on Thursday mornings at the Cameo. It was good for her to get out and about. Now some friggin communist somewhere, Brussels, Edinburgh council, Holyrood, wherever, is saying she can't get there unless she gets a taxi there and back?

Why is it that so many people in position of power always appear to want to limit peoples freedom of movement?

Jeez maternity/paternity leave another thing to get me riled forgot about that Maybe you should review your 'when the taxation system in this country is geared against those with families' statemant dr j

That's a piece of crap.

Buggies for older babies and toddlers fold up, no bother.

But those " travel stystem " things? No way could a parent of a newborn do that on their jack jones with everything else they will be carrying.

If it's winter and the baby is under six months old there is every chance they will be in a carry cot attached to the base. How are you supposed to take that off and where are you going to place it? Over your knees? Dead safe.

Settle Pablo. I never had you as a Daily Mail reader...:rolleyes:

I do agree re the newborn thing, but the point of the article is that if the pram/buggy is collapsable, which these travel systems are, then they will still get on the bus. In your experience how often have you been on the bus with your kid and a wheelchair user has wanted on?

In my experience this has happened to me once in three years.

Jeez maternity/paternity leave another thing to get me riled forgot about that Maybe you should review your 'when the taxation system in this country is geared against those with families' statemant dr j

I'm sure the mentally ill get benefits too. Ask your carer for details...:P

Robbos Right Peg
I'm sure the mentally ill get benefits too. Ask your carer for details...:P

I refer you back to my previous post when I likened this thread to the old JKB but now the PC and insult brigade take over. Nice while it lasted though :sad:

doctor jambo
Pah.

Who needs 4 wheels when 3 will do? Multo manouverable for getting around those tricky shop floors...:rolleyes: (WTF am I havering about???)

jane360p.jpg

Fine most of the time, but they tend to have pneumatic wheels

Try humping one of them 4 miles home with a front wheel puncture!

And RRP- paternity leave is too short- I want 6 months on full whack to avoid gender discrmination!

And I find it bizarre that CSA payments are tax deductable, yet if you still look after your own kids you get squat

And bin collections every two weeks leaves the bin full of humming nappies in the summer- mmmm lovely!

If I left my wife we'd both be much better off fiscally

Family friendly government my hole

Settle Pablo. I never had you as a Daily Mail reader...:rolleyes:

I do agree re the newborn thing, but the point of the article is that if the pram/buggy is collapsable, which these travel systems are, then they will still get on the bus. In your experience how often have you been on the bus with your kid and a wheelchair user has wanted on?

In my experience this has happened to me once in three years.

Oh right. So you can get on as long as it folds down but you don't have to collapse it to get on in the first place?

That's alright then.

but in my experienc no-one helps mums these days

For the simple fact, people are too scared to it without being labelled or accused of trying to snatch the kid (as happened to one of my mates who was doing the kind natured thing. He wont anymore though). As daft as it sounds, I think there are many people who wont help because of that, such the ridiculous nature of some parts of our society.

As for wheelchair users getting on the bus, I see it quite a lot, but I think thats more to do with the fact I use buses all the time and live on a couple of main routes (26 and 44). Ive seen a number of prams get moved for it (all collapsable though) and all have ended up with the pram user becoming very huffy even though its clearly signposted. I also saw an elderly lady (who could walk fine I may add and looked in better shape than me!) complain bitterly when a wheelchair user got on and asked her to move. There were ample seats (and in the parts marked for the elderly too) but she refused to move and we were held up for ten minutes. Not really related but I had to get off my chest!!

In saying that, I think the ruling is a little daft. I note there doesnt seem to have been a complaint from a wheelchair user which has caused this but more some penpusher "enforcing" the law. I might be wrong though.

Robbos Right Peg
Fine most of the time, but they tend to have pneumatic wheels

And RRP- paternity leave is too short- I want 6 months on full whack to avoid gender discrmination!

And I find it bizarre that CSA payments are tax deductable, yet if you still look after your own kids you get squat

And bin collections every two weeks leaves the bin full of humming nappies in the summer- mmmm lovely!

If I left my wife we'd both be much better off fiscally

Family friendly government my hole

See thats whats wrong with you family guys you only care about your own wee group What about the rest of us and the environment We have Kirsty in her gas guzzler and now you using disposables (well you toddler I hope) never heard of terrys ? ;) Why you would want to spend 6 minutes with a child never mind 6 months is beyond me The Spartans had the right idea (pity they didn't get into the SFL)

doctor jambo
See thats whats wrong with you family guys you only care about your own wee group What about the rest of us and the environment We have Kirsty in her gas guzzler and now you using disposables (well you toddler I hope) never heard of terrys ? ;)

Too right- shove all the geriatrics with incontinence into Terry towelling. In this finite world we live in I would tax those woth larger disposable incomes

- that means those without children, the singletons, pensioners.

Weekly bin collections for those with kids and once a month for those without.

Raise road tax for the childless as they dont REALLY need their motors as they are not now banned from public transport

Higher council tax for pensioners and the barren, whilst lowering it for the family bods

The only fair taxation system (ie one that excludes my good, credit crunched self)

I P Knightley

The kids love a wheelie. A four mile wheelie must be the BEST.

Robbos Right Peg
Too right- shove all the geriatrics with incontinence into Terry towelling. In this finite world we live in I would tax those woth larger disposable incomes

- that means those without children, the singletons, pensioners.

Weekly bin collections for those with kids and once a month for those without.

Raise road tax for the childless as they dont REALLY need their motors as they are not now banned from public transport

Higher council tax for pensioners and the barren, whilst lowering it for the family bods

The only fair taxation system (ie one that excludes my good, credit crunched self)

fair play I think we have some common ground there Is it to late to form a party to stand in Glasgow East do you think ?

I refer you back to my previous post when I likened this thread to the old JKB but now the PC and insult brigade take over. Nice while it lasted though :sad:

Who's being PC? There was me thinking I was taking the pee out of you.

Note to self - must do better...

Oh right. So you can get on as long as it folds down but you don't have to collapse it to get on in the first place?

That's alright then.

Not sure I understand what you mean.

If you have to collapse the thing to get on the bus in the first place then how does that affect you when a wheelchair comes on as the pram is already collapsed?

Are you saying bus doors should be made wider to accommodate prams that can't ordinarily fit onto a bus?

doctor jambo
fair play I think we have some common ground there Is it to late to form a party to stand in Glasgow East do you think ?

Glasgow East only needs one Rubbish collection

Shovel all the populace into a large skip , bury them in a land fill

Problem solved

And incinerate Margaret Curran as well, I'd be worried she would dig her way Zombie stylee from the pit into which she was interred

Robbos Right Peg
Who's being PC? There was me thinking I was taking the pee out of you.

Note to self - must do better...

You are not PC more personal insult but hey am a big boy I dish it out so can take it

it's a very high standard on this thread Boris :)

Not sure I understand what you mean.

If you have to collapse the thing to get on the bus in the first place then how does that affect you when a wheelchair comes on as the pram is already collapsed?

Are you saying bus doors should be made wider to accommodate prams that can't ordinarily fit onto a bus?

No. I saying if the bus driver lets you on with the travel system upright because it can be collapsed but when someone in a wheelchair gets on you have to either fold it down or get off and wait on the next bus, then that's all right.

I had a Quinny. It's a 'mare to collapse and the hydrolic base unit is bulky. I wouldn't recomend them at all.

No. I saying if the bus driver lets you on with the travel system upright because it can be collapsed but when someone in a wheelchair gets on you have to either fold it down or get off and wait on the next bus, then that's all right.

I had a Quinny. It's a 'mare to collapse and the hydrolic base unit is bulky. I wouldn't recomend them at all.

Ah, I get you!

That's my understanding of the article anyway. :wacko:

Being disabled seems to be a bit of a moneyspinner these days

They get DLA etc to accomodate extra costs associated with it, then get beneficial and preferential treatment to use the same facilities as every one else at the same or reduced cost

So they benefit twice, whereas the mother who isnt getting extra cash for her travel gets left to walk

Theres discrimination and then theres preferential treatment and it seems the law is firmly doing the latter for the disabled these days all the while there banking extra cash as well to help them with issues they dont experience anymore

Era Macaroons

:rofl:

Pablo n Boris having a go over prams on buses

try and keep the the toys in the , erm, pram lads

doctor jambo

They get DLA etc to accomodate extra costs associated with it, then get beneficial and preferential treatment to use the same facilities as every one else at the same or reduced cost

So they benefit twice, whereas the mother who isnt getting extra cash for her travel gets left to walk

Theres discrimination and then theres preferential treatment and it seems the law is firmly doing the latter for the disabled these days all the while there banking extra cash as well to help them with issues they dont experience anymore

Aye, right enough, he disabled have it easy.

I take it you've got the hump as Lothian buses kept charging you a fiver for the window cleaning after you kept licking them?

I have no problem with the disabled getting preferrential treatment- I believe parents with prams/buggies should too

Robbos Right Peg
Sorry to be "on-topic":rolleyes:

Oooh get you and your new man attitude

Pretty sure Kirsti and Oakley dinae have a family guy to look up to and discuss what type of travel system they should have bought maybe thats where she went wrong

Oooh get you and your new man attitude

Pretty sure Kirsti and Oakley dinae have a family guy to look up to and discuss what type of travel system they should have bought maybe thats where she went wrong

That's not my fault now, is it?

FWIW do you really think I had a say in the one we got? When the hormones are up to high doe it's politic to say "Yes dear", "No dear" etc etc etc ;)

Aye, right enough, he disabled have it easy.

I take it you've got the hump as Lothian buses kept charging you a fiver for the window cleaning after you kept licking them?

I have no problem with the disabled getting preferrential treatment- I believe parents with prams/buggies should too

and that is exactly what is wrong with this country

Anti Discrimination should not amount to preferential treatment

DLA etc is there to help the people with the extra cost/inconvenience, it sort of defeats the purpose if they then get beneficial treatment at the same or reduced cost anyway

DLA etc is there to help the people with the extra cost/inconvenience, it sort of defeats the purpose if they then get beneficial treatment at the same or reduced cost anyway

*sigh*

doctor jambo

Or it allows us to keep the benefits bill down, as if they had to pay full whack, they would need higher benefits and so on and so forth

And as I said, I have no problem with preferential treatment for the disabled.

Car parking spaces, adapted buses, priority queues- all fine with me

Though I would like to see Pram spaces at Tynecastle beside the wheelchair ones, so that us "new men" could take our babies to the hallowed ground whilst still giving our exhausted better halfs a weekend breather

Would that not be fantastic?

kirstyhearts
[/u][/i][/b]

Or it allows us to keep the benefits bill down, as if they had to pay full whack, they would need higher benefits and so on and so forth

And as I said, I have no problem with preferential treatment for the disabled.

Car parking spaces, adapted buses, priority queues- all fine with me

Though I would like to see Pram spaces at Tynecastle beside the wheelchair ones, so that us "new men" could take our babies to the hallowed ground whilst still giving our exhausted better halfs a weekend breather

Would that not be fantastic?

I'm taking Cam to the first game of the season. It will be his second game. Along with my gas guzzling car I am an irresponsible mum too. ;)

rossthejambo

my word. do you actually go out your way to be controversial?

Let me see if I've got this right.

You once asked some chick in a wheelchair for a date, and she told you to **** off.

But you're not bitter.

chester copperpot
Let me see if I've got this right.

You once asked some chick in a wheelchair for a date, and she told you to **** off.

But you're not bitter.

Just dont get public transport. Ta da, problem solved, and you dont need to feed the troll.

The People's Chimp

the kid is called oakley. jesus.

as for this, what a non story. some moaning faced bam goes to the papers and prancer's got steam comin oot his ears again....

I P Knightley
the kid is called oakley. jesus.

as for this, what a non story. some moaning faced bam goes to the papers and prancer's got steam comin oot his ears again....

The issue of the name was touched upon yesterday and I was thinking this morning that chavs should be encouraged to name their kids things like Oakley, Diesel, Chardonnay, iPod, Gucci, etc.

It's one extra badge to help identify the brats that I keep my kids away from them in the park. That and the 9-ct gold ear studs, the Nike toddler trainers and Burberry baseball caps (aged 18 months).

The People's Chimp
The issue of the name was touched upon yesterday and I was thinking this morning that chavs should be encouraged to name their kids things like Oakley, Diesel, Chardonnay, iPod, Gucci, etc.

It's one extra badge to help identify the brats that I keep my kids away from them in the park. That and the 9-ct gold ear studs, the Nike toddler trainers and Burberry baseball caps (aged 18 months).

do you reckon the kid was named after the goggle manufacturers or the place?

my goggles:

crowbar_text_pink.jpg

oakley - the place:

oakley1.jpg

I P Knightley
do you reckon the kid was named after the goggle manufacturers or the place?

I would hope that the name reflects the understated class of your goggles, a finer pair than which I've yet to see sported in the warm summer sun among the picnickers in Princes Street Gardens...

dalkeithjambo
Only prams that cant fold that are being banned.

Unfortunately for new parents the law currently sides with the wheelchair user.

Time for parent and toddler groups to get organised and lobby in the same way the disabled have.

John

I got on a bus this morning in Dalkeith, There was hardly anyone on the bus or getting on it for that matter.

One woman however with her pram was refused access to get on the bus, it did not look like a fold down pram but surely some common sense should prevail. It was a female driver as well.

I just thought that was a total joke.

Era Macaroons
Mebbe the kid's related to

1034.jpg

or the parents really like Westerns...

Or maybe its Oakley Doakley himself

And congratulations on your 8000th enlightenment Boris :P

8000_thumb.jpg

I P Knightley
Or maybe its Oakley Doakley himself

And congratulations on your 8000th enlightenment Boris :P

Hear, hear. I'll be having that pint in your honour later on.

Era - why the avatar?

The People's Chimp
Mebbe the kid's related to

1034.jpg

or the parents really like Westerns...

top marks on no 8'000.

and here's to oakley putting 'the bus times' behind her.

Archived