Best guitarist in the past 30 years.

200milesfromgorgie

I P Knightley
:eek:

I appreciate your concern and apologise for the shock caused.

1862 flawless, yet highly amusing, informative & sometimes thrilling posts and then...THIS: an unnoticed slip of the finger between "t" and "h"

The shame.

I shan't return until I've done 1000 lines.

:tail between legs:

200milesfromgorgie
I appreciate your concern and apologise for the shock caused.

1862 flawless, yet highly amusing, informative & sometimes thrilling posts and then...THIS: an unnoticed slip of the finger between "t" and "h"

The shame.

I shan't return until I've done 1000 lines.

:tail between legs:

everything will be OK.

Your seriously trying to tell me that Squire writes riffs, melodies and solo's that even come close to JDB?

I appreciate that you may prefer Squire, and as we all know there is no such thing as a 'best' guitarist, but if we are talking about sheer technical ability then JDB wins hands down, i dont think that can even be debated.

Plus he writes better tunes.

200milesfromgorgie
Your seriously trying to tell me that Squire writes riffs, melodies and solo's that even come close to JDB?

I appreciate that you may prefer Squire, and as we all know there is no such thing as a 'best' guitarist, but if we are talking about sheer technical ability then JDB wins hands down, i dont think that can even be debated.

The People's Chimp

I'm sorry, but :eek::eek:

PolitiCon06

Some of the suggestions on this thread are a travesty.

Ignoring the likes of Hendrix, Page etc that will be everyone's favourite choices, and focusing strictly on the 'past 30 years' part of the question, I would have to say the one and only Randy Rhodes.

knopfler

clapton

ritchie blackmore

gary moore

angus young for sheer entertaining although not the genius that the above named are

Pete Seeger

I know diddly squat about the technical side of guitars but I like watching and listening to Paul Weller more than anyone else.

I know diddly squat about the technical side of guitars but I like watching and listening to Paul Weller more than anyone else.

The entire debate summed up in one sentence.

Sleepystujam
Carlos Santana

Totally agree, saw him in London with Bob Dylan a good few years ago and was totally blown out the water.

Archived