Killie ratings

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Clark - 7 - Clean sheet and relatively untroubled

Kent - 7 - A solid performance

Kingsley - 8 - His marauding runs coupled with putting Vassell in his back pocket summed up an excellent performance

Lembikisa - 6 - A few decent crosses. Generally ok

Rowles - 8 - Dominated Watkins throughout

Baningime - 6 - A good 45 minutes. Just hope he's ok from a health standpoint

Grant - 7 - Denied goals on a couple of occasions and linked up well

Devlin - 9 - MoM. Everywhere. So unlucky when he hit the bar. We gave up as an attacking threat when he was subbed

Shankland - 5 - A few good touches and passes doesn't mask a generally poor game

Vargas - 6 - So unlucky when he hit the woodwork again. Faded out of the game in the second half

Cochrane - 7 - Inspired to come off his wing by the work of Devlin and movement of Grant. Good performance

Subs:

Tait - 5 - Generally tidy

Forrest - 2 - Did little

McKay - 2 - A couple of decent crosses

Denholm - 1 - Almost sold jerseys at the end by diving in and missing a header

kingantti1874

That’s 2 games on the voice we’ve lost a lot when Cammy substituted. 

jamboy1982

Cammy so much better with this new role. He’s a constant threat running into the opp box 

I’d be taking a point off Beni and Shanks but generally agree.Develin is our midfield.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Cammy so much better with this new role. He’s a constant threat running into the opp box 

agreed.  Yet another player Naisy seems to be improving. Much more controlled 

Clark 7

Kent 8

Rowles 8

Kingsley 7

Cochrane 7

Beni 8 

Devlin 8 - MOTM

Grant 7

Lembikisa 7

Shankland 6

Vargas 6

Tait 5

Mckay 2

Denholm 1

Forrest 1

tcjambo

Clark - 7 - Good save late on

Kent - 7 - Very secure

Kingsley - 8 - Best defender. Poor free kick but otherwise excellent

Lembikisa - 7 - Much better defensively today

Rowles - 7 - Shaky early on but had an excellent second half

Baningime - 7 - The difference when he went off was clear

Grant - 7 - The usual curate's egg but looked in the mood and got into some good positions

Devlin - 9 - MoM. Fantastic game. Unlucky to hit the bar

Shankland - 5 - Weak and often taking the wrong choice

Vargas - 8 - Buzzed around causing problems for their defender at every turn

Cochrane - 6 - Good first half, but wasteful and easily beaten in the second

Subs:

Tait - 4 - Never really got going and failed to pick up where Beni left off

Forrest - 2 - Oda would have carried more of a threat

McKay - 3 - Nothing of note

Denholm - 1 - Never really noticed him

Edited by tcjambo

upgotheheads
50 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Kent - 7 - Very secure

Grant - 7 - The usual curate's egg but looked in the mood and got into some good positions

Subs:

Shankland doesn't get the appreciation he deserves sometimes for the work he does behind the front one or two. it was the same at Ayr where I saw him a lot. He looks tired to me, and it's probably time to leave him on the bench for the next two or three games. Bring him back for the last game against the right arse-cheek. 

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Shankland doesn't get the appreciation he deserves sometimes for the work he does behind the front one or two. it was the same at Ayr where I saw him a lot. He looks tired to me, and it's probably time to leave him on the bench for the next two or three games. Bring him back for the last game against the right arse-cheek. 

Yeah, maybe an opportunity to give Tagawa a run.  Would be great to see him grab a goal or two before the end of the season.  Scoring the winner in the final derby match of the season would be great, oh wait!

ArcticJambo

Devlin, Kingsley and Grant on a level of their own.

Zander, Dex, Kent, Rowles and Cochrane did fine, although the latter two were average to poor with their passing and crossing respectively.

Beni was a six.

The front two were off it.

The subs really had no effect imo, neither here nor there.

Mikey1874

Kingsley and Devlin top performances. Everyone else contributed.

I disagree on Shankland. Very nearly had 2 assists so what does that give a player. A lot didn't work out but he was constantly taking passes to link up play.

Put it this way. Steve Clarke is given another reason to start him at Euros today.

Edited by Mikey1874

ArcticJambo

Dunno, Shanks looks tired, mentally and physically. His touch is slightly off, and he's not quite getting the passes right either. Of course he's a class player so yes, he'll always be there or thereabouts with 'goal contributions'. Needs a rest imo.

Clark 7 saved us a point

Dexter 7 good in both halves. Bags of potential. He could play top level if he refines his game just a wee bit. 

Kent 8 an absolute colossas for us. Rarely makes a mistake. 

Kingsley 8 different class as per usual. I like him on the right cutting in. 

Rowles 7 solid. Grows into games. 

Beni 7 key player. Hopefully we keep him. 

Devlin 9 motm. Still plenty improvement in him. 

Grant 8 thought his footballing i.q. shone brightly today. Some beautiful stuff. 

Cochrane 6 plays multiple roles, probably will get wiser to where he needs to be in each phase with experience but it'll make him a better player. 

Vargas 7 unlucky with the shot. He's still a bit rough round the edges sometimes. Just needs to refine his decision making. 

Shanks 6 some really piss poor shoddy play but a few moments of brilliance as well. Sometimes it's not him though. Sometimes it's because his teammates are not on his wavelength and not giving him the options that he's seeing.

His pick out for Grant's chance was a perfect example of what Shanks could see. I think if we get someone ahead of him that's got an equal I q. they'd score barrow-loads together. Like Yorke and Coke. Roman Bednar would've been his perfect foil. That's where I'd spend the money tbh. That would elevate us - if we keep Shanks. 

Tait 6 did alright. 

The Rest 3 

4 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Kent - 7 - Very secure

Subs:

Didn’t see the game but thought Oda would have got game time today after his impressive cameo last week. Naismith maybe doesn’t fancy him and if so he might be on his bike this summer.

The Mercer Takeover

Clark - 6 - Very little to do 

Kent - 7 - Solid

Kingsley - 8 - Superb 

Lembikisa - 6 - Ok, but not the greatest defender ever seen

Rowles - 8 - Dont think he put a foot wrong

Baningime - 6 - Was looking excellent before injury 

Grant - 3 - Dreadful, lightweight, and only interested when it suits him. Wore the stealth jersey again. Needs moved on in the summer.

Devlin - 9 - MoM. One of of his best displays ever and good to see him playing forward.

Shankland - 4 - Poor and off form

Vargas - 5 - Another indifferent display

Cochrane - 7 - Excellent 

Subs:

Tait - 1 - Lightweight, out jumped and out muscled. Simply not ready for first team football. Needs loaned out for a couple of years.

Forrest - 2 - Anonymous 

McKay - 2 - Anonymous 

Denholm - 0 - Why are we persevering with him. Utterly dreadful and almost sold the jerseys, yet again.

If the aim of this football club is to win things, then WTF are we doing playing Denholm and Tait. They simply are not good enough. Tait is years away and Denholm will end up at Dunfermline or Raith. We can all see it.

TheBigO
14 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Clark - 6 - Very little to do 

Kent - 7 - Solid

Kingsley - 8 - Superb 

Lembikisa - 6 - Ok, but not the greatest defender ever seen

Rowles - 8 - Dont think he put a foot wrong

Baningime - 6 - Was looking excellent before injury 

Grant - 3 - Dreadful, lightweight, and only interested when it suits him. Wore the stealth jersey again. Needs moved on in the summer.

Devlin - 9 - MoM. One of of his best displays ever and good to see him playing forward.

Shankland - 4 - Poor and off form

Vargas - 5 - Another indifferent display

Cochrane - 7 - Excellent 

Subs:

Tait - 1 - Lightweight, out jumped and out muscled. Simply not ready for first team football. Needs loaned out for a couple of years.

Forrest - 2 - Anonymous 

McKay - 2 - Anonymous 

Denholm - 0 - Why are we persevering with him. Utterly dreadful and almost sold the jerseys, yet again.

If the aim of this football club is to win things, then WTF are we doing playing Denholm and Tait. They simply are not good enough. Tait is years away and Denholm will end up at Dunfermline or Raith. We can all see it.

Nonsense re Grant.

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Nonsense re Grant.

Just trolling.

Same tedious shite re Grant and our young players after every game.

ArcticJambo

:lol: Grant was one of our best players. And as for Rowles, well I'd be surprised if his vertical pass completion percentage hit more than 40%!

TheBigO
1 minute ago, ArcticJambo said:

:lol: Grant was one of our best players. And as for Rowles, well I'd be surprised if his vertical pass completion percentage hit more than 40%!

Tbf i didnt see anyone directly above him to receive a pass.

His horizontal stuff was generally good, but thats easier as doesnt involve a ladder.

ArcticJambo
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Tbf i didnt see anyone directly above him to receive a pass.

His horizontal stuff was generally good, but thats easier as doesnt involve a ladder.

Aye, which is often the case when you've got the slug and the lazy one up top, the ioptions are limited.  He wasn't the only one booting it up to nobody, and there were a couple of basic passes too.  Anyway, when it comes to passing today wasn't an anomaly for Rowles, it's the poorest part of his game imo, right from day one, unfortunately.

Bunny Munro

Clark 6 - Did well but not much to do

Lembikisa 6 - generally solid

Kingsley 8 - Great performance 

Kent 7 - did his job well 

Rowles 7 - so much better in a 3

Cochrane 6 - No issues but get him off the free kicks

Devlin 8 - Brilliant, well done to him and the coaching staff

Beni 6 - was having a good game

Grant 7 - Great first half but faded in the second 

Vargas 6 - Started well but poor after the break 

Shanks 4 - thought he was pretty poor, a lot of wrong options and poor touches 

-------

Tait 5 - did ok when he came on 

Forrest 2 - little time but didn't add anything 

McKay 3 - few decent attempts to create 

Denholm 2 - little time 

colinmaroon
6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Kingsley - 8 - His marauding runs coupled with putting Vassell in his back pocket summed up an excellent performance

Devlin - 9 - MoM. Everywhere. So unlucky when he hit the bar. We gave up as an attacking threat when he was subbed

Shankland - 5 - A few good touches and passes doesn't mask a generally poor game

Vargas - 6 - So unlucky when he hit the woodwork again. Faded out of the game in the second half

Cochrane - 7 - Inspired to come off his wing by the work of Devlin and movement of Grant. Good performance

Subs:

Forrest - 2 - Did little

Only a half but outstanding.  7

Tait  4

Shankland  4 - That's for his 2nd half, a zero for the first.

DG_HMFC
9 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Subs:

Forrest - 2 - Did little

Because his finishing is ****in woeful. A player in his position, with the chances he had, should be scoring at least 1 goal today. 

I said earlier on this thread an easy defeat was on the cards... I was wrong. We were the better team. Some of the players who started in the cup last week turned up today. It is so clear we need a good few players for next season but i really hope its the last we see of Atkinson. Dexter will be off soon and its clear that the position needs looked at. Devlin was like a different player today. I think Tagawa needs a run of games too. Hopefully 3rd is secured next week and a few players get game time

David McCaig
2 hours ago, lmc1 said:

I said earlier on this thread an easy defeat was on the cards... I was wrong. We were the better team. Some of the players who started in the cup last week turned up today. It is so clear we need a good few players for next season but i really hope its the last we see of Atkinson. Dexter will be off soon and its clear that the position needs looked at. Devlin was like a different player today. I think Tagawa needs a run of games too. Hopefully 3rd is secured next week and a few players get game time

I would argue that we turned up just as much last week as we did yesterday and we were just as wasteful in front of goal as the Rangers game, the issue is that Rangers made us pay by taking a couple of the small number of chances they got.

For all that Devlin's energy and work rate was brilliant and he completely dominated Killie there has to be an end product.  A Hartley or Cameron probably grabs a brace yesterday.

9 hours ago, Homme said:

Just trolling.

Same tedious shite re Grant and our young players after every game.

Exactly. No idea what pleasure he gets out of his constant trolling

Gow Maroon

Was good to watch a decent game,  between the 3rd & 4th best teams in Scotland. As a team we played well,apart from not scoring of course. Only complaint,  was time taken at throw ins,most are so slow to be taken. I thought Devlin and Kingsley,were our best players. Nice,  to see a center back, stride forward and do something different. Hope, shooting practice is on the agenda for training this week

Gundermann

Grant was certainly improved from last week. Worked hard but finishing could be better.

Same re Vargas. He should've scored that. His number of crossbar hits must be equal to his goal tally.

Dexter was good going forward and putting crosses in but defensively is still a lightweight - stood off his man a few times and let them get a cross in. Then there was a weak defensive header that fell to a Killie player just outside the box.

Great to see Devlin coming onto a game though.

Australis

The old Cammy was great.

I am loving the new style of play for Cammy even better.

Naismith must be delighted with how he has picked up everything he wanted so quickly.

Love his enthusiasm and energy for the club.

Wish more of them had his terrific attitude.