Wrap up third - Season has been a success

vegas-voss

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The posters that started the St Johnstone shit are likely supporters of another Edinburgh club or a Glasgow club.

Aye, one poster on here is  certainly going to extreme lengths to put Hearts down.

So much effort and time into slagging your own team is lost on me

He seems to enjoy it tho.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Bazzas right boot

• Sooks

• If carlsberg did rivals...

If carlsberg did rivals...
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We also got beat 5- 1 in the sc final a year before from rangers.

3-0 at ht iirc?

Very selective. 

Not being selective, it was more in response to being called a closet hibby or closet St J's fan! It was 1-0 at HT, a Roussett howler unfortunately.

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

So, you're talking about me then? I was there when we lost 4-3 in a league cup final to the real Rangers, when we gave it a go against a Rangers team containing World class players not the journeymen they have now.

What do you want, a medal? Horrible day, horrible result and not a good memory at all. We also had better team than we do now so comparison is invalid. 

Get over Sunday, we lost and I hate to break it to you but we may lose other games in future. Doesn't mean players didn't try, sometimes shit happens.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, one poster on here is  certainly going to extreme lengths to put Hearts down.

So much effort and time into slagging your own team is lost on me

He seems to enjoy it tho.

Loves digging up bad performances and history of trophies. Sad doesn't describe this pitiful little life folk like that must have. Still, as long as he gets his kicks from slagging off the team he claims to support, guess it keeps him off streets.

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

What do you want, a medal? Horrible day, horrible result and not a good memory at all. We also had better team than we do now so comparison is invalid. 

Get over Sunday, we lost and I hate to break it to you but we may lose other games in future. Doesn't mean players didn't try, sometimes shit happens.

I prefer not to lose but if we go down having given it our best shot, which turns out not to be good enough, then fair enough. If we go out and lose like Sunday that's not good enough and people thinking it is just adds to the problem. I have no need for a medal thank you, if you have a balloon with my name on it, now you're talking!

fabienleclerq

Folk are mental if they think this season hasn't been successful. 

Third place, two semi finals and European group stage football secured.

46 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Loves digging up bad performances and history of trophies. Sad doesn't describe this pitiful little life folk like that must have. Still, as long as he gets his kicks from slagging off the team he claims to support, guess it keeps him off streets.

Aye, they fact things can be a right bugger. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

Not being selective, it was more in response to being called a closet hibby or closet St J's fan! It was 1-0 at HT, a Roussett howler unfortunately.

Shite results happen to every team.

We were well in the game on Sunday, had opportunities to make it 1-1  , didn't and got beat.

It will happen again. 

Best take that petted lip of your chin, man up  and enjoy the good from the season.

Polonia Gorgie
14 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

This has been a good season, but it's not been a successful season. Surely you think winning some silverware would be classed as successful? 

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Shite results happen to every team.

We were well in the game on Sunday, had opportunities to make it 1-1  , didn't and got beat.

It will happen again. 

Best take that petted lip of your chin, man up  and enjoy the good from the season.

You always know people are losing when they resort to insults. You enjoy the rest of your day.

8 minutes ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

You always know people are losing when they resort to insults. You enjoy the rest of your day.

Bazza is your ultimate happy clapper. The only guy I know who was happy with Levein and Neilson's style of football, even when we were losing games and being pumped by the mighty Brora. You'll never see him properly criticise Hearts. He's happy to accept mediocrity forever more, just because it's always been mediocre. 

tynewater

Yes, it's been a successful season, with progress having been made in terms of performances and results. Hopefully we get the job done and finish 3rd, but having followed Hearts for nearly 50 years you learn not to count your chickens too early. 

Looks like we've made some good signings for next season already, and hopefully we'll have one or two more. One thing we must have learned from last session is just how hard it is to compete in the league and the European competition at the same time. That's what will make finishing 3rd again next season so much more difficult than this season. We found that last season and Aberdeen have been the same this season. It'll be interesting to see how we manage, but anyone thinking 3rd will be straightforward next year has failed to learn anything from last season.

fabienleclerq
24 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

This has been a good season, but it's not been a successful season. Surely you think winning some silverware would be classed as successful? 

By definition it means achieving what you set out to do. For me and I imagine the board that would be to finish top 4 and get to the latter stages of the cup.

We've achieved both, as a club we have failed to find consistency pretty much ever. We are starting to see it, we've been to Hampden a lot in recent years and if we play the transfer window right we might start to see daylight between us and the likes of the vermin and Aberdeen. 

I'd say by definition this season has been a big success, a load of wins on the road and beating Celtic home and away.

24 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Bazza is your ultimate happy clapper. The only guy I know who was happy with Levein and Neilson's style of football, even when we were losing games and being pumped by the mighty Brora. You'll never see him properly criticise Hearts. He's happy to accept mediocrity forever more, just because it's always been mediocre. 

I get the impression there's a lot of happy clappers on here. They point blank refuse to criticise or accept criticism of the club, even when it's warranted

fabienleclerq
2 minutes ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

I get the impression there's a lot of happy clappers on here. They point blank refuse to criticise or accept criticism of the club, even when it's warranted

And the flip side Is there's a lot of negative ****s who get a semi at the thought of criticising the club at every turn.

Normally the same ones who expect us to pump every team with a lower budget and still compete with the old firm because eh... show some bollocks n that.

1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

And the flip side Is there's a lot of negative ****s who get a semi at the thought of criticising the club at every turn.

Normally the same ones who expect us to pump every team with a lower budget and still compete with the old firm because eh... show some bollocks n that.

Not a single person on this thread has said they expect Hearts to compete with the Old Firm. 

EH11 2NL
1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

Exactly. Must be pretty miserable following Hearts for those l that think this season hasn't been a success 🤣

9 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

If we lose when giving it a good go and the opposition are just better on the day then fair enough, if we lose against a team who also played poorly and were there for the taking then most people would think that's poor.

fabienleclerq
33 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Not a single person on this thread has said they expect Hearts to compete with the Old Firm. 

Not a single person said that on this thread they did.

While we are here, if you don't think we should compete with the old firm then surely you agree third place to the old firm and losing to the old firm in both semi finals is a success. 

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

Reaching 2x sf ( 2 exits to rangers) and being 3rd doesn't deserve criticism. 

It will receive disappointment and spark debate about how to improve,  but it doesn't deserve criticism. 

It's not warranted.

We will lose games, we won't win every game and when that happens unwarranted rage and criticism will be responded to by the few who aren't emotional basket cases.

Said poster you replied to thinks 3rd place isn't successful and has went in the huff about 60 years of underachievement. He's done well tho, he's still going across multiple threads.

Not very resilient, and pretty silly reaction to  a sf defeat to a better and bigger team, no?

Happy clappers could also be classed as supporters, it's the very definition.

Some moan, greet and get in a rage after a defeat, some look at the bigger picture, remain logical,  mature and ehh support the team.

Ironically most posters having the biggest meltdown predicted before the game we'd get beat.

Polonia Gorgie
46 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

By definition it means achieving what you set out to do. For me and I imagine the board that would be to finish top 4 and get to the latter stages of the cup.

We've achieved both, as a club we have failed to find consistency pretty much ever. We are starting to see it, we've been to Hampden a lot in recent years and if we play the transfer window right we might start to see daylight between us and the likes of the vermin and Aberdeen. 

I'd say by definition this season has been a big success, a load of wins on the road and beating Celtic home and away.

Well for me and I imagine the board would have set out to finish third or higher and win silverware!! Winning cups is how you show your success as a sports club. I don't want to come across as slating Hearts because I've enjoyed this season. Now I do agree with your paragraph regarding we've been to Hampden more than ever these past few seasons, it's been consistent aye but not successful!! Beating Celtic twice in a season isn't a bloody big success!! Unless it's once in the league cup final and another in the Scottish cup!!

Do you mean it's been successful in a monetary kind of way? 

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

You have tho, even if indirectly-

How can we improve on our "under achievement of 3 trophies in 60 years" - your point of incursion at this time, if we can't compete with the OF and beat them regularly?

4/6 seasons have seen us beat in the final of sf of the cup by the OF.

Iirc, celtic have also beat us in am earlier round, so that's 5/6 exits ro the OF in the sc.

You've been banging on about our poor trophy hall , then state no one expects us to compete with the OF- how is that sensible?

You need to join the dots, maybe you'll see what has been the biggest obstacle,  especially for us when it comes to trophies.

Do you do joined  up thinking or are you just on here to moan, whine, slag Hearts and wind folk up.

Because that post is a belter after your recent rants about under achievement  and not enough trophies.

It's almost like you knew the answer all along but decided to go ahead with your nonsense anyway. 

10 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Not a single person said that on this thread they did.

While we are here, if you don't think we should compete with the old firm then surely you agree third place to the old firm and losing to the old firm in both semi finals is a success. 

No, I don't think it's a success. Something tangible is a success, like a trophy. It's fine if you and the rest see it as success, but many others don't. And I'd be surprised if Steven Naismith uses the word "success" when summing up the season. 

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You have tho, even if indirectly-

How can we improve on our "under achievement of 3 trophies in 60 years" - your point of incursion at this time, if we can't compete with the OF and beat them regularly?

4/6 seasons have seen us beat in the final of sf of the cup by the OF.

Iirc, celtic have also beat us in am earlier round, so that's 5/6 exits ro the OF in the sc.

You've been banging on about our poor trophy hall , then state no one expects us to compete with the OF- how is that sensible?

You need to join the dots, maybe you'll see what has been the biggest obstacle,  especially for us when it comes to trophies.

Do you do joined  up thinking or are you just on here to moan, whine, slag Hearts and wind folk up.

Because that post is a belter after your recent rants about under achievement  and not enough trophies.

It's almost like you knew the answer all along but decided to go ahead with your nonsense anyway. 

In the league, no one expects us to compete with them. In the cups, our record is abysmal. You can spin it and dress it up any way you like. But the stats don't lie.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

Well for me and I imagine the board would have set out to finish third or higher and win silverware!! Winning cups is how you show your success as a sports club. I don't want to come across as slating Hearts because I've enjoyed this season. Now I do agree with your paragraph regarding we've been to Hampden more than ever these past few seasons, it's been consistent aye but not successful!! Beating Celtic twice in a season isn't a bloody big success!! Unless it's once in the league cup final and another in the Scottish cup!!

Do you mean it's been successful in a monetary kind of way? 

Its not tho, lots of sports clubs will have had successful seasons without trophies. 

Top 4, top 6, European football,  avoiding relegation,  promotion, etc are all success relevant to a clubs position. 

Winning a trophy is not the only measure of success,  never has been in football. 

Folk are making that up to prove the ridiculous notion that 3rd and European football for a club outside the OF is not successful. 

No idea why either, very big lengths ti make things up.

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

Aye, they fact things can be a right bugger. 

Quality 😂 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

In the league, no one expects us to compete with them. In the cups, our record is abysmal. You can spin it and dress it up any way you like. But the stats don't lie.

That makes less sense, you are contradicting yourself. 

In summary- 

No one expects us to compete with the OF,  but to win more trophies regularly that is what we have to do...

Our recent record is not abysmal in the sc-  been to 3 finals of the last 6, all lost very narrowly to the teams that even you don't expect us to compete with!!!!!

You are making no sense,  you've tied yourself up in knots trying to justify your stance in  slagging Hearts  and our history you don't even know where you are now.

For balance,  our lc record is actually abysmal. 

Often knocked out early and to non OF teams, but again to put the weight of the poor history on this Hearts team is unfair and stupid.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

26 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Reaching 2x sf ( 2 exits to rangers) and being 3rd doesn't deserve criticism. 

It will receive disappointment and spark debate about how to improve,  but it doesn't deserve criticism. 

It's not warranted.

We will lose games, we won't win every game and when that happens unwarranted rage and criticism will be responded to by the few who aren't emotional basket cases.

Said poster you replied to thinks 3rd place isn't successful and has went in the huff about 60 years of underachievement. He's done well tho, he's still going across multiple threads.

Not very resilient, and pretty silly reaction to  a sf defeat to a better and bigger team, no?

Happy clappers could also be classed as supporters, it's the very definition.

Some moan, greet and get in a rage after a defeat, some look at the bigger picture, remain logical,  mature and ehh support the team.

Ironically most posters having the biggest meltdown predicted before the game we'd get beat.

It's not the defeat, it's the manner of the defeat, if we had played well we could have a final to look forward to. As for success I'd rather we finished 6th, got pumped out early in one cup and won the other cup, rather than 3rd and two sf defeats. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

It's not the defeat, it's the manner of the defeat, if we had played well we could have a final to look forward to. As for success I'd rather we finished 6th, got pumped out early in one cup and won the other cup, rather than 3rd and two sf defeats. 

I thought we did play well, very poor start but played well and should have equalised.

Aye, because you can plan that.

I'd take 6th and a cup every year as well, not how football works tho.

It's a Ridiculous  sentiment Tbh and even more ridiculous line of debate/ argument.

Polonia Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Its not tho, lots of sports clubs will have had successful seasons without trophies. 

Top 4, top 6, European football,  avoiding relegation,  promotion, etc are all success relevant to a clubs position. 

Winning a trophy is not the only measure of success,  never has been in football. 

Folk are making that up to prove the ridiculous notion that 3rd and European football for a club outside the OF is not successful. 

No idea why either, very big lengths ti make things up.

Right so lots of clubs have successful seasons without winning trophies, have you ever seen Hearts win a trophy? I have, and when I saw them parading the cup I knew that was a successful season!! I could see the success with my own eyes! Success is relevant to a clubs position? Well most Hearts fans I know want the position of being the third biggest! So our position in Scottish football should be one that's in a position to win trophies!! Im not sure what you mean by making stuff up, but I'm not making anything up, if anyone is making anything up, it's you man!! Stating that success is getting to a cup final or getting beat by the old firm in any round, or getting into Europe is successful. I'm not bashing the club for this season but your giving them far to much credit!!

9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I thought we did play well, very poor start but played well and should have equalised.

Aye, because you can plan that.

I'd take 6th and a cup every year as well, not how football works tho.

It's a Ridiculous  sentiment Tbh and even more ridiculous line of debate/ argument.

Aye, because you can plan for finishing 3rd and two sf defeats every season. Obviously people will have agreements and disagreements on here based on differing opinions. Doesn't mean either of us is right or wrong!

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

Right so lots of clubs have successful seasons without winning trophies, have you ever seen Hearts win a trophy? I have, and when I saw them parading the cup I knew that was a successful season!! I could see the success with my own eyes! Success is relevant to a clubs position? Well most Hearts fans I know want the position of being the third biggest! So our position in Scottish football should be one that's in a position to win trophies!! Im not sure what you mean by making stuff up, but I'm not making anything up, if anyone is making anything up, it's you man!! Stating that success is getting to a cup final or getting beat by the old firm in any round, or getting into Europe is successful. I'm not bashing the club for this season but your giving them far to much credit!!

Winning cups is more successful. 

But 3rd in the league is a successful season. 

We've had more than 3 successful seasons in 60 years .

You did make stuff up, you said something like "sports clubs only view winning things as a success",- that's not true.  I gave several other examples of different success that football clubs across the world will celebrate and have celebrated for decade's. 

You're just not acknowledging different levels of success and are ignoring the OF dominance and to lesser extent our recent history. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

Aye, because you can plan for finishing 3rd and two sf defeats every season. Obviously people will have agreements and disagreements on here based on differing opinions. Doesn't mean either of us is right or wrong!

Yes, you can plan to finish 3rd and do as best as you can in the cups.

Costanza

The definition of successful is "accomplishing a desired aim or result " so given that one of our main aims was securing 3rd and guaranteed group stage football, we will (you have to assume) achieve that and so it's at the very least, largely successful.

Given our playing trading model isn't as yet financially lucrative enough (which has been the case for years) we need that money to keep progressing. 

You also have to factor in that for the fans, European trips are a big pull in terms of life long memories supporting Hearts; the Fiorentina trip in particular was massively galvanising for the support.

It has been a funny season all in though.  A stuttering start, particularly at home, notoriously slow starters (11 games in a row or something not scoring in the first half, not dominating teams below us enough for my liking and benefiting from our main rivals for 3rd being completely abject, a style of play that can at times lack intensity and an effective press, falling short against Rangers, particularly in the cup and ultimately failing to win a trophy.

However, our away form has been fantastic (and unprecedented quite frankly), we've had great results against Celtic, we've had no slip ups in the cup until we came up against a team with a significantly larger budget, Naismith is clearly growing into the role and should only get tactically better, our best goalscorer since Robbo, signing the Hoff who I think will be a massive player for us in future, an all timer of a 3rd kit*.

Ultimately with the on the pitch achievement of 3rd (assuming we don't capitulate) and getting some good signings early, if we splash the cash a bit in the summer and get really good recruitment in, we are in our best position in years to be even more successful and get closer to the OF and yes, win trophies.

*only teasing as a part time happy clapper

Polonia Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Winning cups is more successful. 

But 3rd in the league is a successful season. 

We've had more than 3 successful seasons in 60 years .

You did make stuff up, you said something like "sports clubs only view winning things as a success",- that's not true.  I gave several other examples of different success that football clubs across the world will celebrate and have celebrated for decade's. 

You're just not acknowledging different levels of success and are ignoring the OF dominance and to lesser extent our recent history. 

Being 3rd is basically a participation medal!! Winning actual trophies is how to show actual success!! Was Henry Smith a successful footballer? Had a good career with Hearts, playing in Europe and runner up in the league and cups, now ask was Jim Leighton successful? Played in the same era for equally sized clubs. 

Ive watched the old firms dominance my whole life, and I'm ignoring nothing!! At least I can admit when the club I support are underachieving and have been doing so since the day we were born. 

7 hours ago, Sir PH said:

And there it is! 😂😂😂

Call out Hearts for underachieving and you're not a Hearts fan. 

Away and iron your Hearts jammies and duvet set, keep yourself busy.

Did you not say recently that you have only been to two Hearts games this season and both were against the Huns ? I mean it is not exactly a massive leap eh

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Did you not say recently that you have only been to two Hearts games this season and both were against the Huns ? I mean it is not exactly a massive leap eh

No, I didn't say that. So you're wrong, again. 

5 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

No, I didn't say that. So you're wrong, again. 

Oh right , sorry . I was sure some tedious dullard was banging on about that recently 

soonbe110
7 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

Being 3rd is basically a participation medal!! Winning actual trophies is how to show actual success!! Was Henry Smith a successful footballer? Had a good career with Hearts, playing in Europe and runner up in the league and cups, now ask was Jim Leighton successful? Played in the same era for equally sized clubs. 

Ive watched the old firms dominance my whole life, and I'm ignoring nothing!! At least I can admit when the club I support are underachieving and have been doing so since the day we were born. 

Add in that Henry played for his country and its hard to argue he didn’t have a successful career  If doing all the things you mention and being  selected for  his country isn’t deemed a success then there’s been very few successful footballers  
A trophy or two would have put him in the Hearts legend camp  

I suppose you have the likes of Suso Santana and Grant Murray down as successful footballers? 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Add in that Henry played for his country and its hard to argue he didn’t have a successful career  If doing all the things you mention and being  selected for  his country isn’t deemed a success then there’s been very few successful footballers  
A trophy or two would have put him in the Hearts legend camp  

I suppose you have the likes of Suso Santana and Grant Murray down as successful footballers? 

The former - obviously 

The latter - nah

Polonia Gorgie

I love Henry Smith, Gary Mackay and the others from that era!! That's when I started going to support Hearts, They all had great careers and some of them became internationalists, but only Robertson from that era got a trophy, they've all done something that I could only dream of!! But that doesn't mean to say they were successful and aye some players that will hardly get a mention won a Scottish cup and had a successful season whilst playing for Hearts, 

44 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yes, you can plan to finish 3rd and do as best as you can in the cups.

I dare say we planned to finish third last season! So you can plan for anything, it doesn't mean it will happen.

gordon simpson
On 22/04/2024 at 17:21, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

Disagree. Would people rather we finished third most seasons and won nothing or finish between 4th-8th and win a cup every 5 seasons? It surely has to be the winning option.

3rd every time and  Europe 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

I dare say we planned to finish third last season! So you can plan for anything, it doesn't mean it will happen.

Ofc we did,fell short and sacked the manager.

2 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

So,when future Jambos look back and see us winning nothing season after season they'll take great comfort in 3rd place finishes I'm sure! 

Go for it 1308
4 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

Ffs 

Mystic_facepalm.png

Dia Liom
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

A financially successful season. 

Exactly, a real money spinning campaign! 🎺

Go for it 1308
2 minutes ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

So,when future Jambos look back and see us winning nothing season after season they'll take great comfort in 3rd place finishes I'm sure! 

Yep....but at least they can look  back on our past pics of our 3rd place trophy and our qualifying for Europe trophy 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 

Go for it 1308
2 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Exactly, a real money spinning campaign! 🎺

....as Robbie once said...."A money spinner". Jesus wept