Sheep v Septic

Geoff Kilpatrick

tcjambo
1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

That’s nonsense so you would give the sheep the chance to steal our place in the group stages and the cash that brings , if you get to the cup final it doesn’t matter who you play you have to beat them I’d rather have the sheep out of that equation 

If we can't beat Aberdeen, we don't deserve to win the SC.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Ricardo Quaresma

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jambostuart
1 minute ago, copa-mundial said:

Yes. Should Aberdeen lose. We are guaranteed the Europa play off game. In failing that, group stage conference league. 

Is the cup winner taking priority a Scottish rule or a UEFA mandated rule? It makes no sense to me you could potentially have lower league sides (although admittedly not this year) winning the cup and representing Scotland over the club that has proven itself to be third best in Scotland that season.

Surely you want your best teams in the higher position for coefficent?

Sooperstar
Just now, jambostuart said:

Is the cup winner taking priority a Scottish rule or a UEFA mandated rule? It makes no sense to me you could potentially have lower league sides (although admittedly not this year) winning the cup and representing Scotland over the club that has proven itself to be third best in Scotland that season.

It's a Scottish rule and it rewards a team for actually winning something. I'm all for it. 

CloustonHMFC
Just now, Sooperstar said:

It's a Scottish rule and it rewards a team for actually winning something. I'm all for it. 

I agree. 

Jambo92

Nah a nonsense, 38 games against the country's best or 5 games against a mix of lower league/country best. I know what is more impressive.

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, jambostuart said:

Surely you want your best teams in the higher position for coefficient?

You would have thought so.

buzzbomb1958

It reward a season full of failure over a team who have done great over 38 games not just 5 or 6

neilnunb
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Exactly. Who the hell remembers finishing third? Honours should always trump that.

GBJambo

Aberdeen in their faces from the start. We need to do the same tomorrow 

Definitely . I could not give a **** about the league cup since they devalued it 

gar jambo
3 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I would actually trust us more to beat Celtic in any final than us beating Aberdeen. 

Your joking mate !big ask beating Celtic 3 times in a season 

jambostuart

A European place is a fine reward for winning the cup, but not the higher placing than the team who has played 38 games and had the consistency to finish in third place in our highest domestic league in my opinion. It definitely has the potential to hurt the coefficent as well

Mikey1874
7 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

Yes. Should Aberdeen lose. We are guaranteed the Europa play off game. In failing that, group stage conference league. 

Need to confirm 3rd place first.

What happened to taking players off the pitch to treat them? Its a burst nose FFS

This game is literally a £5m risk..You could argue Aberdeen would have nothing to lose in a final where as we (if we get there) would have everything to lose. 1-1 phew

Super_Hans
9 minutes ago, jambostuart said:

It's a Uefa rule. Domestic Cup winners enter Europa League

Mikey1874

They've been worried about their central defenders all season. Predictable.

Mikey1874
Just now, Super_Hans said:

With nations like England not caring about their Cups, it's good UEFA are trying to keep them important.

Jambo92
Just now, Super_Hans said:

I remember when the cup runner up used to get the place if the winner had already qualified, bizzare times

Felix Lighter

Up the other end the ref blows for a foul.

cheetah

We would beat either of these teams in the final easy, both shit. 

soonbe110
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Need to confirm 3rd place first.

That’s done. Even if we lose next week it’s done.  

jamboozy
Just now, Topper said:

The lad at the back needs to sign for hibs. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

He’s the sheep’s stand in captain as well.:laugh:

Gundermann
3 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Michael Stewart masterclass there haha

Heard that!

Marty-man
10 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

They do get reward. They win a trophy and get their name in the history books. If you want to also give them a euro prize, then give them the lowest of all the spots.

The idea that a team can get a lucky draw and win only five games, gets a group spot ahead of the team that has battld hard for 38 games ... is completely bonkers

Gorgi1874

If Shanks goes in the summer, which he will. I say sign Miovski with some of that dough