Sheep v Septic

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

So do we actually want the sheep to cause the upset or does the guaranteed money supersede any giant killing notions?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Ricardo Quaresma

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Polonia Gorgie

The European group stage football is obviously appealing, not just the money side of things but it can help our own coefficient and help towards making us a more attractive club to play for. However I think Aberdeen are rotten this season n we'd have a much better chance of beating them at Hampden 

gar jambo
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So do we actually want the sheep to cause the upset or does the guaranteed money supersede any giant killing notions?

How many ticket s have Aberdeen sold?? 

19/05/2012

Celtic win needed I don’t think I could cope if they got group stages by beating us in the final

9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I want us to effectively qualify for the Euro groups today . So I want the minks to win 

DG_HMFC

I want Celtic to absolutely destroy them. An absolute pummelling, destroying their already fragile confidence so it effects their league form and end up relegated via the play offs.

Mr Sifter

Gies me the boke even writing it…but mon the Cel…nut, canni even write it. 

I’ll just say I hope Aberdeen get beat. 

Oda be a JT

Horrible feeling but wanting a Celtic win, IF the sheep won I would find it very very funny and would fancy us to beat them IF we make it past the new Huns.

leginten

A few weeks ago I would have opted for an Aberdeen win and taking our chances in the final.

But now I’m reluctantly hoping for a Celtic win and the certainty of European group stage football. 

ShortmanRossco

Fair play for everyone that’s backing Celtic to win.

Despite the obvious advantages for us I hope they get pumped and lose the coin toss and all. 

I'd rather Aberdeen win.

Makes it easier for us to win the cup.

Trophies more important than money to me.

Jim_Duncan

I want Celtic to lose, Aberdeen to win and then we hammer them in the final.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
Just now, Jim_Duncan said:

I want Celtic to lose, Aberdeen to win and then we hammer them in the final.

This for me. As I've posted before, I want at least some recompense for 1986.

cheetah

**** wanting Celtic to win, Aberdeen win, then we pump them in the final, can't parade a big Euro cheque through the streets of Gorgie.

kingantti1874

Through gritted teeth a celtic win for me.  What will be will be in the final and if we get there we owe them one after robbing us twice . Another 6/7 million is enormous and long lasting for hearts, a massive step towards future and hopefully more regular success.  

tbh.  It’s an absolute disgrace that the cup winner takes the spot earned by third anyway.  

I get why they did it in England as teams disrespecting the trophy by playing weaker sides but that will never be the case in Scotland.   The only side who’d play a weakened team is rangers or Celtic so let the winner have the champions league spot if that’s the concern.

typical SFA wanks

Edited by kingantti1874

Bull's-eye

Want the Sheep to win, we should be moving away from the piss poor mentality of needing favours from others.

If we can't get through a Qualifier for whatever Euro campaign we get into, then it'll be because we aren't good enough.

Bunny Munro

Understand folk wanting a Aberdeen win but after blowing the 5M last season I'd rather bank it early this year. 

Invest it properly and we could be winning cups far more regularly.

Wee Mikey
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm not fussed who wins.

As per, no pant-wetting for you. 👍

It's something of a 'win-win' for us today and we should only be concerned with our own match tomorrow. Should we prevail then the final will be a cracker regardless of today's result.

I'm liking the vibes from both Shankland and Naismith.

Shankland:-

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/shankland-daring-to-dream

Naismith:-

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/naismith-1

ShedBoy

Is it me or has all the media hype been about tomorrow? Heard absolutely naff all about this game. 

Daveandal

It pains me to say it. Actually makes me feel a little dirty.... but..... come on Celtic.

I need a bottle of mouth wash now.

JamboGraham

I understand it, I really do, but I hate that the 'prize' of some euro cash has reduced the Scottish Cup to a mere qualifying tournament.

I just can't get on board with that.

Aberdeen all the way today. I want to come up against the weakest side in the competition every single time.

And if (if!) Aberdeen somehow do beat Celtic today and then go on to beat Rangers in the final then fair enough, it's their euro slot.

Let's not forget the euro reward actually belongs to the cup winners. Let's focus 100% on securing it that way ourselves rather than hoping for Celtic or Rangers to do us a favour!!!

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

As per, no pant-wetting for you. 👍

It's something of a 'win-win' for us today and we should only be concerned with our own match tomorrow. Should we prevail then the final will be a cracker regardless of today's result.

I'm liking the vibes from both Shankland and Naismith.

Shankland:-

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/shankland-daring-to-dream

Naismith:-

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/naismith-1

No I don't pant wet, but I also pay nae heed to what players and management say to the media.

I want Lawrence Shankland to do his talking on the pitch, and Steven Naismith to do his on the training pitch and the touchline.

Talk is cheap.

Thunder and Lightning
37 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Up to 15 now I think. 

I'll be wanting both to lose so it's a win win/lose lose situation. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Up to 15 now I think. 

15 tickets 

Thunder and Lightning
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

15 tickets 

Wait, just hearing wee dolly is unwell so one of the farmers has returned their ticket. Back to 14 now. 

Gulf Jambo

Of course Celtic to win.

Group stage football confirmed is absolutely massive.

I back us against either in the final this year if we make it.

But group stage plus the money that comes from it is huge

Fxxx the SPFL

Hate to say but want the Sheep 🐑 oot takes the pressure off tomorrow which imo would be a free hit and also hopefully ensure 3rd is sown up next Saturday 

Mikey1874
55 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Around 9000 it seems. 

alicante jambo

Hate saying it but i want the victims to win. The group stage euro football is where the money is all 6 or 7 million pounds worth. Would be a disaster of a season if they won the cup.

41 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Want the Sheep to win, we should be moving away from the piss poor mentality of needing favours from others.

If we can't get through a Qualifier for whatever Euro campaign we get into, then it'll be because we aren't good enough.

Is wanting Aberdeen to win not looking for favours from others?

Why care who wins?

Edit: unless you want the sheep to win because you hate the bead rattling, plastic paddy terrorists. In which case, Mon the sheep.

Edited by cazzyy

Costanza
38 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Understand folk wanting a Aberdeen win but after blowing the 5M last season I'd rather bank it early this year. 

Invest it properly and we could be winning cups far more regularly.

This is where I'm at. We're on the cusp I think of moving to the next level squad wise and increasing the gap over teams below us and closing it on the OF.

I'd like to think group stage football will give us scope to splash more cash on wages and transfers for players like Armstrong and also help us improve our player trading.

Guaranteeing that money is going to be huge for us this season I think.

daveyhmfc
34 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No I don't pant wet, but I also pay nae heed to what players and management say to the media.

I want Lawrence Shankland to do his talking on the pitch, and Steven Naismith to do his on the training pitch and the touchline.

Talk is cheap.

I totally agree with you John. The only place to do your talking is on the park. All the rest is just noise. 

Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, cazzyy said:

Is wanting Aberdeen to win not looking for favours from others?

Why care who wins?

No, hating Celtic & Rangers is my only agenda.

3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

No, hating Celtic & Rangers is my only agenda.

Ah, see my edit then. 👍

Gillsland jack

A Celtic win, we celebrate our euro ting tonight, carry that gid feeling momentum into tomorrow afternoon, besides, we would be such strong favourites to beat the sheep in the final, that itself makes me nervous.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I know its a bit defeatist, but the likelihood of us overcoming both sides of the OF to win the cup seems slim. 

I'd rather not risk the sheep pinching Europe from under our noses, so them going out would be a huge weight off our shoulders heading into Sunday. 

SMJ_1874
1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

I want Celtic to absolutely destroy them. An absolute pummelling, destroying their already fragile confidence so it effects their league form and end up relegated via the play offs.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 I’m on this train. Feel dirty wanting Celtic to win but due to self interest then I want the sheep out asap. I’d self combust if they win the cup and we missed groups stages. Sheep lose and we get a draw next week and it’s Kerching!

Only by constant European group stages and money in the bank can we pull closer to 2nd and away from 4th. We need conference stage football for the next 2/3 years. Qualify from the group stage and then with a stronger squad hope to have a tilt at the Europa league. The riches that it brings could take our squad closer to a premier league challenge.  

Quite a verbose statement to justify shouting for Timothy but that’s my stance. 

Dia Liom

What will be will be, hoping for an enjoyable game. I’m rarely interested in a game that doesn’t involve HMFC, so this is a bonus

boag1874

Get the sheep to ****. Absolute fuds. End their season today and fingers crossed they end up with a relegation battle 

We can beat Celtic if we get through, we’ll be confident of it having beat them twice already.

Dean Winchester

Celtic win. Back to group stage football was the goal this season.

Mikey1874
2 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Get the sheep to ****. Absolute fuds. End their season today and fingers crossed they end up with a relegation battle 

We can beat Celtic if we get through, we’ll be confident of it having beat them twice already.

Winning answer 

1971fozzy

Makes me feel sick to the stomach to say it but a Celtic win please.

100% group football and the trips and finance that comes with it is the most important thing. And for the player we will be able to attract.

It would also mean Aberdeen not getting their grubby hands on it or having the chance to. Important as they are a rival of sorts 

To win the cup by beating both arse cheeks would be unbelievable and it’s doable.