• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sydney

• tian447

• ShortmanRossco

• Watt-Zeefuik

GinRummy

Beattie one for me as well. I had no hope weโ€™d win before it and the celebrations were something else.ย 

iantjambo

Difficult to choose between 2006 and 2012.

If pushed, I would probably say 2012, as it set up that glorious day against our pals over the city.

Edited by iantjambo

Victorian

Seem to remember Hibs fans bemoaning the players they had missing that day.ย  Including at least one they had already sold.ย ย 

ย 

:berra:

been here before

Beattie, 2006, quite enjoyed v Hibs in 2022 where we met Craig Beattie in hospitality.

Hmfc1965

If push comes to shove it's probably the Hibs 4-0 but after years of losing I have a soft spot for 96 and 98.

Both had that here we go again feeling.

Big Moysey

Loved 2.4.6 but 2012 really was unexpected. Celebrations at Hampden for Rudi's goal were mental and then of course there was the Beattie. 2012 for me.

ArcticJambo

I've only seen us win two SC semi-finals, and the 2-1 victory over Aberdeen in '96 tops the one over Dundee United a decade previously.

Polonia Gorgie

Skelping Hibs as we did in 2006 was just fantastic, but we were all confident n kinda expected it, against Celtic in 2012 conceding in the 90th minute to still go on n beat them, to then know it's Hibs in the final. I totally remember how the whole place was buzzing in the lead up to the final.

Boyces beard

The 4-0 over Hibs was superb but the victory over Celtic to set up our famous cup win just edges it for me.

Jim_Duncan

Falkirk.

ย 

After MacAllister scored I thought it was back to same old Hearts. Then we upped our game...

Victorian
1 minute ago, ArcticJambo said:

I've only seen us win two SC semi-finals, and the 2-1 victory over Aberdeen in '96 tops the one over Dundee United a decade previously.

ย 

I'm giving a shout to the 85/86 one vs Dundee United.

ย 

Being one of the best teams in the country was still pretty novel for us.ย  We were playing one of the best and highly experienced on the big occasion.ย  John Colquhoun scored earlyish and it was a bit of a battle.ย  But it ended up with us in our first final for a while.ย  I think beating that Dundee United team af Hampden was a big step.

Seaside Dave

2012. Absolutely glorious pumping them terrorist loving *******s. Made all the better by security in Glasgow airport having a wee hissy fit at his club losing to the mighty jambos he didn't let us use the bar in airport๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ joke was on him wee sandwich place beside done bottles of beer and cider. Get it up yaย 

martoon

Based purely on the day and with no regard for what happened in the subsequent final:

ย 

ย 

...is how I'd rate the Scottish Cup semi's Hearts have won in my time.

ย 

I wasn't at the games in 1976, 1998 and 2020 (of course) but was thrilled with all three wins.

heatonjambo

Just before the Hartley Semifinal v Hibs

I enjoyed nearly all the 1974 SF v Dundee United apart from Pat (Bl**dy) Gardner's 30 yarder late on to get a draw. Rab Prentice's cross for Busby to head our second was perfect - except the idiot running the line put his flag up. The TV highlights showed the ball hadn't reached the line so we were robbedย ๐Ÿค’. The replay was "Tam Kite" in comparison.....

ย 

In 1976 Ian Wallace ran riot for Dumbarton but Jim Cruickshank was unbeatable that day. One of the best goalie performances I've seen from us at Hampden. The replay was much much better and Walter Smith (the same) headed another great cross from Prentice into his own net to start us off. All comfortable after that in the "dustbowl" of Hampden (choking to breathe at times). Seeing us win at Hampden wasn't a "regular" occurrence in those days so for me it was fantastic!

kingantti1874

Ashamed to admit I was a shite bag and didnโ€™t go to the 2012 semi. ย Will never make that mistake again as biggest footballing regret of my life. ย Anyone on the fence for this weekend who is able and can afford to go should take noteย 

OmiyaHearts

I enjoyed the Celtic semi more, as I was in the posh seats / hospitality with loads of tims. I got the opportunity to rub it right in their faces at full time and long after the full time whistle, while sinking plenty of free booze.

Debut 4

Great question. Seeing people mention pre 2006 semis stopped me in my tracks for a minute from deciding. ย 
ย 

1996 was special given the length of time since the last final and how things were feeling better about the club because of JJ. ย 
ย 

1986 was so memorable for JCs wonder goal and kept us on track (at the time) for a historic double. ย 
ย 

Another season of great feeling even though it ended horribly. ย 
ย 

But Iโ€™ll plump for 2006. ย It meant so much. Weโ€™d hardly played Hibs in cup matches over the decades let alone it being a semi final. ย Just everything was top about the whole day.
ย 

The Hearts fans were incredible from the moment we touched down in the weege. The vibe on the streets going to the game was superb and then the match itself. ย 

Edited by Debut 4

Chuck Berry

Hibs 2006.ย  I knew beforehand that I couldn't get to the Final so that was the Final.

The Celtic one ( Beattie pen).....I never gave us a chance......absolute bedlam when he scored. After the game we retired to the pub and got absolutely rat faced.....๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

ย 

ย 

Being one of the best teams in the country was still pretty novel for us.ย  We were playing one of the best and highly experienced on the big occasion.ย  John Colquhoun scored earlyish and it was a bit of a battle.ย  But it ended up with us in our first final for a while.ย  I think beating that Dundee United team af Hampden was a big step.

ย 

Totally forgot I was there in 2019, and 2022 vs Hibs, that latter was pretty good too. :D

ย 

Anyway, I don't really disagree with you Vic on '86, it was novel, certainly for older fans but I'd only been watching them for 4 yrs by then so the significance was lost a bit on me. Whereas by '96 I was 'older' and, the way the way the game flowed, it was pure joy when wee popped up for the winner.

ย 

Debut 4
2 minutes ago, micole said:

The Celtic one ( Beattie pen).....I never gave us a chance......absolute bedlam when he scored. After the game we retired to the pub and got absolutely rat faced.....๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

Pure elation because as you say it was totally unexpected. ย 
ย 

Glad I was there because itโ€™s part of the memory of eventually gubbing the vermin.ย 
ย 

Someone said on another thread about the atmosphere. It was superb. ย Thereโ€™s some brilliant videos on YouTube that really emphasis the noise made by us at the final whistle as the players did a lap of honour. ย 

Edited by Debut 4

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Pure elation because as you say it was totally unexpected. ย Glad I was there because itโ€™s part of the memory of eventually gubbing the vermin.ย 
ย 

Someone said on another thread about the atmosphere. It was superb. ย Thereโ€™s some brilliant videos on YouTube that really emphasis the noise made by us at the final whistle as the players did a lap of honour. ย 

The goal celebration was only matched by the Annfield goal ๐Ÿ˜.....I fell over the seat in front and skint my shins, didn't give a feck though.

Victorian
6 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

ย 

Totally forgot I was there in 2019, and 2022 vs Hibs, that latter was pretty good too. :D

ย 

Anyway, I don't really disagree with you Vic on '86, it was novel, certainly for older fans but I'd only been watching them for 4 yrs by then so the significance was lost a bit on me. Whereas by '96 I was 'older' and, the way the way the game flowed, it was pure joy when wee popped up for the winner.

ย 

ย 

:Agree:

ย 

Aberdeen in 95/96 was a cracker.ย  Pretty good match from memory.ย  It looked like we had arsed it when Duncan Shearer scored but somehow knicked it.ย  It was another one to end a long wait for a final.ย  Seem to remember that the weegie plod were later called out for being ****ing Nazis.ย  Dozens of arrests for **** all.ย 

Uncle Buck

2012 just shades 2006 for me. I enjoyed 2022. 2020 was good but weird with no one being there.

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

Do you have a favourite semi in the Scottish Cup

Obviously it's only good when we win them but for me the Beattie 2012 is topsย 

Mine as well, honestly thought we were done when they equalised.

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

Seem to remember Hibs fans bemoaning the players they had missing that day.ย  Including at least one they had already sold.ย ย 

ย 

:berra:

And Riordan was suspended. Their own fault. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ

ย 

Hearts were without Brellier and Bednar.ย 
ย 

Benjelloun got his debut that day.ย 

Uncle Buck
1 minute ago, gjcc said:

And Riordan was suspended. Their own fault. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ

ย 

Hearts were without Brellier and Bednar.ย 
ย 

Benjelloun got his debut that day.ย 

Iโ€™m pretty sure Pressley and Goncalves went off injured too. Did we not end the game with Fyssas at centre back and Skacel at left back?ย 

BlueRiver

2006. Quite possibly my favourite game ever. (I know, I know the 2012 final but there was something really special about that game in 06 for me).

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Iโ€™m pretty sure Pressley and Goncalves went off injured too. Did we not end the game with Fyssas at centre back and Skacel at left back?ย 

Canโ€™t recall Goncalves but Pressley definitely went off around the half time mark with a head knock replaced by Takis.ย 
Gave Hartley the armband to put in a captains performance.ย :sweeet:

luckydug

2006ย  for me.

It was the first time there had been an Edinburgh Derby semi final.

When the teams came out and the Hearts end was packed and at the other end everyone thought there had been a crash or some kind of delay on the m8 but no, that was the totality of their support. Wee Team indeed.

Beautiful Sunday.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2imnitR4nA

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

2006ย  for me.

It was the first time there had been an Edinburgh Derby semi final.

When the teams came out and the Hearts end was packed and at the other end everyone thought there had been a crash or some kind of delay on the m8 but no, that was the totality of their support. Wee Team indeed.

Beautiful Sunday.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2imnitR4nA

The only car crash was Hibs performance.ย 

rudi must stay

I loved the 2006 game watched it with my Grandad, he died a few months later but he told me no matter the score we won't get upset we'll just watch. That's how I've watched football ever since and I'm grateful to him for passing on that messageย 

ย 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

2006 had so much riding on it has to be, atmosphere an hour before start was electric, 1996 and 1998 were special days for all sorts of reasonsย 

naeclue
2 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Falkirk.

ย 

After MacAllister scored I thought it was back to same old Hearts. Then we upped our game...

I was struggling to remember who we beat in the '98 final, I think I'd blotted the memory out.ย  Early goal for Hearts, then MacAllister played brilliantly and we somehow held on.ย  Then as soon as Falkirk scored, we calmly went up and stuck a couple of goals in as if we were just toying with them.

ย 

No fingernails left, it reminded a bit of the Fozzie on the fence derby.

ย 

2012 my favourite, great second half performance, brilliant finale with Beattie's penalty/celebration and topped off with the cherry on top which was Lennon going absolutely insane.ย  GIRUY Neil, should you be looking in.

leipzig76

I had a semi when Sir Paul got his hat-trick against Hibs.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

I'll get ma coat

Finlay James

1986 was special as it was my first trip to Hampden and the celebrations at the end were incredible for a 9 year old.

ย 

2006 wins though but because of the atmosphere we created on the streets around hampden beforehand. ย Takis later mentioned it gave him goosebumps as the team bus passed through the streets and saw thousands of us willing the team on.

dc-jambo

2012 was out of this world brilliant. And has been noted, the smaller Hearts support gave more vocal support than larger crowds have done at Hampden.
ย 

2006 was very jolly - but letโ€™s face it, we all expected to win that day.

11 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

I had a semi when Sir Paul got his hat-trick against Hibs.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

I'll get ma coat

I didn't think I'd have to scroll as far as I did tbf

John Findlay

Dundee Utd 1986, as it was also the sameday that my only daughter, my eldest was born.

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Colquhoun goal was a cracker.

ย 

Weirdest bit of the game was when Billy Thomson came out of goal and took out Colquhoun on the wing miles outside the box. Sure Henry made a really good save or two as well.

ย 

Didn't Walter Kidd get through on goal and splaff it with a terrible shot and then moan that he had meant it as a cross and griped at the strikers?ย 

queensferryjambo
4 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

ย 

Colquhoun goal was a cracker.

ย 

Weirdest bit of the game was when Billy Thomson came out of goal and took out Colquhoun on the wing miles outside the box. Sure Henry made a really good save or two as well.

ย 

Didn't Walter Kidd get through on goal and splaff it with a terrible shot and then moan that he had meant it as a cross and griped at the strikers?ย 

ย 

ย 

Actually just found it on youtube - thanks to a Dundee Utd fan -ย 

ย 

Mis remembered the Billy Thomson incident he runs miles out his box and decides he can just go to Colquhouns and handle the ball 3 times. Incident at 14 mins 10 seconds -ย 

ย 

ย 

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

ย 

:Agree:

ย 

Aberdeen in 95/96 was a cracker.ย  Pretty good match from memory.ย  It looked like we had arsed it when Duncan Shearer scored but somehow knicked it.ย  It was another one to end a long wait for a final.ย  Seem to remember that the weegie plod were later called out for being ****ing Nazis.ย  Dozens of arrests for **** all.ย 

Aye, was a bit frenzied outside, and the walk back to QS was interesting.

Percival King
3 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

We've gone on to greater things since but '96 felt like a turning point (and it was), we'd finally won a semi and also dished out the heartbreak instead of receiving it. And we were wearing a superb strip. And it was a proper 3pm Saturday semi. And it was sunny.