Your Favourite Semi in the Scottish Cup 🏆

Howdy Doody Jambo

ShortmanRossco
4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

No, I'm saying even if it wasn't a handball, the other one is.  It was to put further doubt on your assertion they were hard done by that it should have been given for at least one of them.  It's not in any way back pedalling. 

Both are absolutely 100% handballs, especially by the older rules. He blocked a goalscoring opportunity. :thumbsup:

How you can have any sympathy for them is the bit that needs the laughing emoji. 

At no point have I ever expressed sympathy for them, I initially posted about how sweet it was to beat them and all the more so because I thought we got a favourable decision to so which made it all the funnier. 

Kinda made it a bit weird really that you came after me on account of that but suit yourself.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sydney

• tian447

• ShortmanRossco

• Watt-Zeefuik

luckyBatistuta

4-0 semi against the wee diddy team and the Beattie semi are both incredible days for me. The atmosphere when that Beattie penalty went in was something to behold, will never forget it. I’ll still go for the 4-0 though. That whole day was truly out of this world for me. From the moment we hit Glasgow, there was just a special buzz amongst our support.l, we knew we were winning that game. I thought beforehand that it would be a little subdued too because of the kickoff time, that certainly wasn’t the case. Also got to spend the whole occasion with my mum and dad, which wasn’t the norm, as my mum didn’t go to many games. She sadly has dementia now, so things like this have become that little bit more special.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, ShortmanRossco said:

At no point have I ever expressed sympathy for them, I initially posted about how sweet it was to beat them and all the more so because I thought we got a favourable decision to so which made it all the funnier. 

Kinda made it a bit weird really that you came after me on account of that but suit yourself.

Thought it was a stonewall pen but the handball rule just keeps getting weirder, so whatever. But Hooper was a mile offside, a far more egregious missed call IMO.

Watt-Zeefuik
50 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

4-0 semi against the wee diddy team and the Beattie semi are both incredible days for me. The atmosphere when that Beattie penalty went in was something to behold, will never forget it. I’ll still go for the 4-0 though. That whole day was truly out of this world for me. From the moment we hit Glasgow, there was just a special buzz amongst our support.l, we knew we were winning that game. I thought beforehand that it would be a little subdued too because of the kickoff time, that certainly wasn’t the case. Also got to spend the whole occasion with my mum and dad, which wasn’t the norm, as my mum didn’t go to many games. She sadly has dementia now, so things like this have become that little bit more special.

The singing of the Paulo Sergio song as Beattie did, well, the Beattie was outstanding. Huge amount of noise from the Hearts fans.

And what a lovely memory of your mum.

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

The singing of the Paulo Sergio song as Beattie did, well, the Beattie was outstanding. Huge amount of noise from the Hearts fans.

And what a lovely memory of your mum.

Even this boy loved it …

Thanks bud👍

ShortmanRossco
5 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Thought it was a stonewall pen but the handball rule just keeps getting weirder, so whatever. But Hooper was a mile offside, a far more egregious missed call IMO.

Yeah that made it all the sweeter for me, the fact that I thought we were away to be cheated out another game only to get the roles reversed soon after.

Beattie’s celebration just topped it off. Never did find out why he took so much pleasure in getting it up them. Not that I’m complaining 😁

For me it has to be the 2006 semi against Hibs. I was so, so hungover and nervous to the point I couldn't eat leading up to the game. That game cured me.

Thanks Zibi and Sir Paul Hartley. Hearts heroes.

I P Knightley
12 hours ago, tian447 said:

His arm was up, and away from his body.  It doesn't matter if the shot came in, at the end of the day, he blocked a goal bound shot with his arm. 

Even if that wasn't a handball, the second player handling it definitely is. 

Non issue. Celtic are scum and we finally got a well deserved call against them (pre-VAR).  I hope they are still fizzing about it. Lennon probably is! 

Just taking a look at the angles there and I'd describe it more as a Row Z bound shot :D

Not that I'm complaining. 

busbyfth
12 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Hope that awful illness is kind to her (as kind as it can be anyway)👍

luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Hope that awful illness is kind to her (as kind as it can be anyway)👍

Thanks buddy, appreciate it

busbyfth

Easy enough to say the best - but here's the worst ......Semi final of the Scottish Cup v Dundee Utd back in the earli/ish 70s. I was at the first game which was 1-1 with Alan Anderson scoring a fine header (also saw a bloke with a slate/stone protruding from forehead - there were missiles just lying on the terracing at the Rangers end) SO it went to a replay.....but I was due to go to Cumbernauld for that week as my brother and self were being looked after by Aunt/Uncle due to family illness/problems - so was fuming at missing the replay. Anyway - out in the car that night and radio Luxembourg was on - it announced the semi result Hearts 4 Dundee Utd 2 - my brother and self were going apeshit - mental, we were so high......next morning we got up really early as we couldnt wait to buy the papers to read about the match.................I Always remember the daily Record Headline - "United Blitz Their Way To Glory" ==== WHAT THE F.UCK ? We Had bought three papers and each one reported that DU was through to the final - Radio luxembourg had reported the result in reverse !!!!!!!  .....SICKENED !!! AND DIDNT SPEAK TO AYNONE FOR TWO DAYS. (HUFFY WEE SHIT) Never listened to that radio station ever again.

As that was about half a century ago you can tell it hasnt affected me. 

Fake Persona

Two stand outs! 4-0 and the beattie twirly moment.. Was at both. 

But I particularly also fond of the Aberdeen semi 1996, my first one. Great to win like that at the end.. Only replays for draws in those days I think, as lots of fans headed for the exits when Aberdeen equalised. 

Fake Persona

Still rmemebr the headline. 

Hatrick Hero Hartley Hammers Hibs at Hampden

:yas:

tian447
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Just taking a look at the angles there and I'd describe it more as a Row Z bound shot :D

Not that I'm complaining. 

Nah, it could have dipped at the last second :jj:

Watt-Zeefuik
45 minutes ago, tian447 said:

It was a rainbow lob!

Watt-Zeefuik

Also just watching the replays of 2012 again, this is one of the greatest Lenny faces ever.

image.thumb.png.59f52598ee115cf2b3f0906147e494af.png

Malinga the Swinga
13 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Even this boy loved it …

Thanks bud👍

Let this be a warning to those who want rid of VAR. Celtic goal clearly offside, linesman has unobstructed view of him being offside and chose to keep flag down. That cannot happen nowadays. 

luckyBatistuta
12 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Let this be a warning to those who want rid of VAR. Celtic goal clearly offside, linesman has unobstructed view of him being offside and chose to keep flag down. That cannot happen nowadays. 

You could find hundreds of those type of decisions from past games against the OF. Blatantly not calling a clear offside  there. I don’t like VAR, but it’s here and we need to improve and tweak it.

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

You're saying Row W?

tian447
4 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

You're saying Row W?

Hit the ground right on the 12 yard spot :jj:

hereford_hearts

Has to be 2022 for me, as my lads first ever hearts game. Got 2 tickets a couple of days before the game. Drove up and stayed at the holiday inn in Motherwell. Got the lad a scarf on the way to the ground. Tickets in upper south. The lad had learned the hearts song by half time. He went in about Kingsley's free kick for days. Drove back to Edinburgh after and gave my mum a surprise, as I'd forgotten to tell her we were coming up 😀

We also saw the players coach when we were getting on the M8. In a maroon coloured car, with the roof down and 2 scarfs flapping in the wind. The lad got a couple of waves from the players, as his old man embarrassed him by honking the horn as we slowly drove past🤣

His 2nd game was the cup final, so the less said about that the better. 

rmreido

After watching Dundee v Newco tonight.....it has to be this coming Sundays semi:whistling:

busbyfth
21 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Also just watching the replays of 2012 again, this is one of the greatest Lenny faces ever.

image.thumb.png.59f52598ee115cf2b3f0906147e494af.png

detestable character who brought much trouble on himself with wretched antics.

Armageddon

The sing song at the Hartley semi was unreal.

The Beattie game, I actually felt like I could have had a heart attack.

My favourite Scottish Cup semi was when Granger scored the penalty, when Gowser scored right afterwards it was a full on rager until the final whistle...

Heartsofgold

Although the Hib's ones are obvious, my favourite was the Falkirk one at Ibrox in 1998.  Hard game in which Kevin McAllister ran us ragged the whole game.  Adam saved us with 2 goals.  Hair raising but very enjoyable.  It obviously led to the BEST Cup Final of my life, as it ended so many years of Always the Bridesmaid syndrome for us.

edramone

2006. Hartley's performance was out of this world.

And the White Stripes 7 Nation Army song Oh the Hibees are...was invented

PaddysBar
On 15/04/2024 at 20:42, queensferryjambo said:

Actually just found it on youtube - thanks to a Dundee Utd fan - 

Mis remembered the Billy Thomson incident he runs miles out his box and decides he can just go to Colquhouns and handle the ball 3 times. Incident at 14 mins 10 seconds - 

Thanks for posting this. I watched it at lunchtime. I was there as a 15 year old but while I can clearly remember the goal, I couldn’t remember anything else about that game so was good to watch 👍

Sadly, I vividly recall the ‘86 final. 

soonbe110
On 15/04/2024 at 17:31, Jim_Duncan said:

Falkirk.

After MacAllister scored I thought it was back to same old Hearts. Then we upped our game...

All the semis we win are great.  Ibrox in 98 was best for me because we should have lost but didn’t, and then went on to win the cup - first time for myself and my kids.  Without Ibrox in 98 not sure Vlad and 2006/ 2012 would have happened. 

Armageddon
On 17/04/2024 at 01:23, luckyBatistuta said:

Even this boy loved it …

Thanks bud👍

VAR and Hooper is offside 

luckydug
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

All the semis we win are great.  Ibrox in 98 was best for me because we should have lost but didn’t, and then went on to win the cup - first time for myself and my kids.  Without Ibrox in 98 not sure Vlad and 2006/ 2012 would have happened. 

How the **** do you work that out. 🤔