Livi ratings (merged)

Gordons left glove

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, Sleepy head said:

Not a fan. He has the vision and awareness of a pissed Stevie Wonder.

Harsh, on Stevie Wonder. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• i wish jj was my dad

• tiger Rudi

• BackOfTheNet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The 1 in 10 referred to the outside of the foot passes, not every one of his passed. And we kept the ball down our left because Atkinson and Kent were having an absolute nightmare on the right. And yes, we wanted McKay to create, but he would have large spells without touching the ball.

I’m not saying he’s shite or anything. Just expressing an opinion that his performance was alright and expressing some surprise that people are rating his performance - today - so highly. Of course he’s a great player that can be one of the best in the league when on form, but just because he’s got the talent and is a fan favourite doesn’t give him a pass for unwarranted high scores or to ignore what he didn’t do well, or didn’t do at all.

I agree we attacked down the left because we had better footballers (i.e. McKay) on that side.

What I said was 68% is high if he was trying a lot of intricate passes and misplacing 90% of them. I never suggested you thought his overall pass completion was 10%.

I feel when you're attempting those kinds of passes you have to accept that not all (or even most) of these are going to reach their target. Given he was involved in two goals, it seems harsh to me to mark him down for a few passes that didn't come off unless they put us in danger. But fair enough, clearly we're not going to agree here.

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

I agree we attacked down the left because we had better footballers (i.e. McKay) on that side.

What I said was 68% is high if he was trying a lot of intricate passes and misplacing 90% of them. I never suggested you thought his overall pass completion was 10%.

I feel when you're attempting those kinds of passes you have to accept that not all (or even most) of these are going to reach their target. Given he was involved in two goals, it seems harsh to me to mark him down for a few passes that didn't come off unless they put us in danger. But fair enough, clearly we're not going to agree here.

Depends how you score. Personally I start everyone at a 6, if they do things that are not assisting us or are NOT doing things (ie being quiet for large spells) then I’ll take points off. If they do things that contribute then I’ll add points on. That’s generally speaking, overall effort and endeavour etc come into it as well.

So I added points for McKay’s role in two of the goals (one in particular), but I’m not ignoring him being posted missing for large spells and misplacing passes that enabled Livingston to launch attacks. So for me it all evened out and he should be a 6. Even if folk gave him a 7 I’d think it was over egging it a bit, but wouldn’t take as much issue, but I think an 8 is not in line with the reality of his overall performance yesterday.

Graham Thomson
11 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

You’d have to be a bit simple to not understand why Gordon played today.

Please enlighten me !! 

He cost us the first goal and generally was poor. 

So what did we learn? 

Graham Thomson
11 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

You’d have to be a bit simple to not understand why Gordon played today.

It could have cost us 3 points, Gordon was poor and I wouldn't play him against Rangers. 

Don Dan

Shankland 10

was worried Gordon pulled out at the first goal. Maybe an instant flash back to his leg break. Otherwise he gets an 8 

Uncle Buck
47 minutes ago, Graham Thomson said:

Please enlighten me !! 

He cost us the first goal and generally was poor. 

So what did we learn? 

Gordon has been our cup goalkeeper this season and will play next week. Yesterday was about giving him game time before the semi. Naismith quite clearly explained this.

16 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Gordon has been our cup goalkeeper this season and will play next week. Yesterday was about giving him game time before the semi. Naismith quite clearly explained this.

I'd be pretty peeved if I was Clark and didn't play next week.

Gundermann
19 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Atkinson 7 Once he had the measure of his opponents he was rock solid.

Shankland 8 Wasted a ton of passes but laid on 2 goals and, as usual was everywhere.

MacKay 8 Nobody else could have played that ball through to Shanks. A wand of a right foot.  MotM

Grant 8 Best game

Against Livi... against other teams we would've been more than 2 down. Atkinson, Kent and Gordon all at fault for the first 20 minutes shambles.

pettigrewsstylist
20 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Against Livi... against other teams we would've been more than 2 down. Atkinson, Kent and Gordon all at fault for the first 20 minutes shambles.

We got a solid warning and escape, in very simliar circumstances only a few minutes earlier. I have no idea what Kent and Atkinson were up to for first 20 mins.

Quite worrying, but happy it occurred yesterday and hopefully sort it out this week. 

colinmaroon
18 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Having watched highlights,  have to agree.  Having said that Kent carries most of the  blame.  And after that Atkinson got a grip, more than could be said for Kent.

Gundermann
14 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Having watched highlights,  have to agree.  Having said that Kent carries most of the  blame.  And after that Atkinson got a grip, more than could be said for Kent.

Kent has been great all season but a tad shaky in recent games. Atkinson like Dexter can be good but then inexplicably just switch off and sell a goal.

Watt-Zeefuik
15 hours ago, hereford_hearts said:

I remember watching the game and seeing him try that we flick pass with the outside of his right foot 3 or 4 times, but it not quite coming off. I was thinking, don't stop doing them, as one will eventually come off, then that peach to Shanks happened. 

I keep watching it on replay. It is an absolutely extraordinary ball in for arc, placement, and timing. And Shankland's awareness to play it on across the box is top notch as well of course.

feedthefox
On 14/04/2024 at 13:51, Don Dan said:

Shankland 10

was worried Gordon pulled out at the first goal. Maybe an instant flash back to his leg break. Otherwise he gets an 8 

After his horror at the first thought Gordon looked edgy, time will tell if playing him in a semi final after that performance is the right call. That said he's just the sort of character to win it for us!