• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• JudyJudyJudy

• Ulysses

• hughesie27

Section Q
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Fair play. Held your hands up. Let's all now move on. Let's hope its a bit of a catalyst for better mental health support over in Oz amd 

23 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Possibly although it will be hard for the police to establish an exact motive or trigger.

Meantime, those who dived in with both feet, racist or not, are like 

Section Q

This idiot, (Rachel Riley), claimed it was another attack on the Jews which really is consistent with her past rhetoric.

Absolute shame but no contrition. Although she did withdraw it.

So far the dead have included a Pakistani/Chinese/Australians. The Muslim community were among the first to visit the scene and offer help and condolences.

Sadly mental health, particularly in Australia, is not a priority.

Screenshot_20240415_110514_Chrome.jpg

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Fair play. Maybe some others should take note.

👍

2 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Nice one, jamesy. 👍

👍

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Nicely said. 

I think the lesson is that it’s better to be well informed rather than wanting to be seen as first to post something on social media. 

Respond, don’t react. 

👍

Australis
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

Reports of another stabbing I Sydney. This time in a church 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-68817872

Talk TV video on Facebook showing the attack.

Don't know how they were allowed to put it up, it's sickening.

Says the guy ended up shouting Alan's snackbar at the end too.

Hate the world we are leaving our children and grandkids.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
20 minutes ago, Australis said:

:rofl:

poor old Alan was quietly selling hotdogs. Nothing whatsoever to do with the religion of peace.

So some maniac with a perceived cause to promote has spotted the potential publicity he can get after seeing the weekends terrible incident. 

Gundermann
1 hour ago, Generic Username said:

What a carcrash...

8:08pm

Julia Hartley-Brewer, a conservative British radio broadcaster posts a tweet attributing the attack to "another Islamic terrorist". The tweet is viewed more than nine million times.

In response, dozens of accounts, many of which are verified on X, respond by falsely claiming "Ben Cohen" is the real culprit.

Ms Hartley-Brewer issues an apology a day later, saying she did not correct her mistake earlier because she was "busy".

Followed by a handful of Kickback's hottest Daily Mail reading keyboardists having posts removed.

:facepalm:

I was born in Sydney.  I think it has one football team.

It is a very diverse city with lots of nutters.  I Googled Sydney and found out about a maniac called Honko.

Does anyone on here know Honko?

Just for clarity, I am neither a journalist or a police officer. 

I feel I should have written this all in lower case and finished each sentence with lol.

I hope nobody is suspicious.

Ulysses
8 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

What a carcrash...

Followed by a handful of Kickback's hottest Daily Mail reading keyboardists having posts removed.

:facepalm:

With any luck, they'll be happier today. #GoBigots

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Another win for those defending Islam 👏 well played.

Religion in its entirety and in every form should be banned. Causes nothing but trouble.

Ulysses
8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Another win for those defending Islam

Don't worry.  If the Buddhists don't beat them in the semi-final, there's no way they'll get near Toulouse in the final.

Ulysses
21 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I hope nobody is suspicious.

not in the slightest lol

Gundermann
25 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Religion in its entirety and in every form should be banned. Causes nothing but trouble.

Bit of a contradiction, no?

I'm not defending Islam, least of all the bams in Iran, Saudi or IS. I just don't think that over history, recent or otherwise, that you can identify a psycopath, murderer or zeolot or skin colour, language or whatever religion they adhere to.

Sleepy head
On 14/04/2024 at 12:40, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'll be guessing the next one will involve guns and some strange American, given the serial killer odds.

You know something.If I hear of a school shooting in America, my first thought is one or more aggrieved, socially inadequate students.

manaliveits105

15 year old boy arrested and rumours that he had a finger cut off in revenge after being taken to an undisclosed location 

now being treated in hospital for serious hand injuries . He wasn't a church attender 

2 policeman injured in unrest outside church after 2000 people turned up there and at hospital 

Dont mess with the Assyrians 

hughesie27
31 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

15 year old boy arrested and rumours that he had a finger cut off in revenge after being taken to an undisclosed location 

now being treated in hospital for serious hand injuries . He wasn't a church attender 

2 policeman injured in unrest outside church after 2000 people turned up there and at hospital 

Dont mess with the Assyrians 

:wtf:

Ulysses
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

:wtf:

I'd say that post had a bit of a sequencing issue. :ninja:

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Who was "defending" Islam?

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Who was "defending" Islam?

Everyone that didn't jump in with both feet and immediately blame Muslamic terrorist for the Sydney chibbings.

JimmyCant
On 14/04/2024 at 15:07, ArcticJambo said:

Yeah, I have no real problem with her dropping him but I've often wondered if the circumstances allow maim him instead.

Hmmm. If you are an armed police officer and you shoot someone, if they don’t die in seconds, you haven’t shot them correctly as per training 

Geoff Kilpatrick
33 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Everyone that didn't jump in with both feet and immediately blame Muslamic terrorist for the Sydney chibbings.

Ah! Makes sense :stuart:

Ulysses
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Ah! Makes sense :stuart:

Police say the stabbing incident in the Orthodox church in Sydney does meet the criteria to be described as a terror incident motivated by religious extremism, and that the 15-year old arrested was known to police and had travelled some distance to the locality where the attack took place.  They didn't mention any religion in particular, but a couple of Australian Muslim leaders have condemned the incident, which may or may not be relevant for anyone thinking of dusting off their pitchfork.  The Daily Mail are also running a story that the same bishop gave a sermon a couple of weeks ago where he said he had received death threats on social media.  Apparently he's quite the controversial chap, and has pissed off a few people within the Orthodox community, although I get the impression they'd be opponents of his rather than enemies.

Jim_Duncan
5 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I'd say that post had a bit of a sequencing issue. :ninja:

There’s a good reason why the past perfect exists. 

Ulysses
7 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

There’s a good reason why the past perfect exists. 

Pluperfect, pls.  :ninja: 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

Police say the stabbing incident in the Orthodox church in Sydney does meet the criteria to be described as a terror incident motivated by religious extremism, and that the 15-year old arrested was known to police and had travelled some distance to the locality where the attack took place.  They didn't mention any religion in particular, but a couple of Australian Muslim leaders have condemned the incident, which may or may not be relevant for anyone thinking of dusting off their pitchfork.  The Daily Mail are also running a story that the same bishop gave a sermon a couple of weeks ago where he said he had received death threats on social media.  Apparently he's quite the controversial chap, and has pissed off a few people within the Orthodox community, although I get the impression they'd be opponents of his rather than enemies.

Yep. The difference here is that Bondi looks to be random whereas the minister was targeted. The only commonality appears to be Sydney.

manaliveits105

High-level sources have confirmed the 16-year-old was responsible for the injury to just one of his fingers that occurred during the attack.

It's aged him though ! 

(The high level sources are in Australia not jkb smart arses) 

manaliveits105
17 hours ago, Australis said:

Now now don't go jumping the gun just because  he was caught shouting that on live stream doesn't mean he eats at Alan's 

Ulysses
11 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yep. The difference here is that Bondi looks to be random whereas the minister was targeted. The only commonality appears to be Sydney.

Jaysus, he does seem to have been specifically targeted. :hae36:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2024/apr/16/sydney-church-stabbing-attack-firebrand-preacher-wakeley-ntwnfb

redjambo
13 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I wouldn't imagine that any of the relevant posters on here would be putting their pitchforks down for long enough to gather any dust, to be fair.

Ulysses
22 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I wouldn't imagine that any of the relevant posters on here would be putting their pitchforks down for long enough to gather any dust, to be fair.

All guid Christian laddies, Red, so they'll be turning the other cheek, I reckon.