• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• JudyJudyJudy

• Ulysses

• hughesie27

davemclaren
4 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Nobody on this thread is defending any extremist though. Just pointing out that the automatic assumption by a few on here that the attacker would be a follower of Islam is narrow minded at best. Racist at worst. 

Why would anyone even bring Islamic atrocities into this thread before any facts other than "Man stabs and kills multiple people in Shopping centre"? 

Rhetorical question.

Put that in your shisha and smoke it.

Indeed. 

hughesie27
34 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

And why do you think that is? 

Prejudice.

Generic Username
45 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Slop for brains?

redjambo
49 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Because they're not only bigots but also react with their guts before engaging their brains?

il Duce McTarkin
54 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Folk are racist AF and in complete denial about it.

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Folk are racist AF and in complete denial about it.

We should have more....etc. etc.

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We should have more....etc. etc.

:sadrobbo:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Possibility the boy might even have been targetting women. None of the racist bigoted pricks will give a shit about that though. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Possibility the boy might even have been targetting women. None of the racist bigoted pricks will give a shit about that though. 

Possibly although it will be hard for the police to establish an exact motive or trigger.

Meantime, those who dived in with both feet, racist or not, are like this.

image.jpeg.5ee4b4caf4a5fb1660eb3dfdaa5de9c1.jpeg

Sleepy head
5 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Nobody on this thread is defending any extremist though. Just pointing out that the automatic assumption by a few on here that the attacker would be a follower of Islam is narrow minded at best. Racist at worst. 

Why would anyone even bring Islamic atrocities into this thread before any facts other than "Man stabs and kills multiple people in Shopping centre"? 

Rhetorical question.

Put that in your shisha and smoke it.

Islam is not a race. It's a religion. The only thing i'm guilty of is joining the thread late and assuming that it had been verified as to the background of attacker. You can be sure though, that the next attack wherever that may be, will not have people thinking it must be an Australian. There is good reason for that.

Sleepy head
5 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Cool. An "established" pile of pish more like.

On hindsight, yes. 

Section Q
On 13/04/2024 at 19:18, ArcticJambo said:

Could she have tazered him (assuming she has a tazer)? It would have been a calculated risk of course but had they taken him alive there might be some answers as to 'Why?'

He didn't look that mobile, nor did she tbqh so aye, I've have probably used lethal force and shattered his femurs.

He'd already stabbed 11 people, 9 of them women, and a 9 month old baby, and was approaching the police inspector and refusing her request/order to drop the knife. 

hughesie27
10 minutes ago, Sleepy head said:

You can be sure though, that the next attack wherever that may be, will not have people thinking it must be an Australian. There is good reason for that.

Only if they hold prejudices too. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I'll be guessing the next one will involve guns and some strange American, given the serial killer odds.

Sleepy head
22 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

We're not all saints like yourself.

hughesie27
1 minute ago, Sleepy head said:

We're not all saints like yourself.

Not at all. We all hold prejudices. 

Sleepy head
15 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'll be guessing the next one will involve guns and some strange American, given the serial killer odds.

You know something.If I hear of a school shooting in America, my first thought is one or more aggrieved, socially inadequate students.

Sleepy head
7 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Not at all. We all hold prejudices. 

This is true.

ArcticJambo
2 hours ago, Section Q said:

He'd already stabbed 11 people, 9 of them women, and a 9 month old baby, and was approaching the police inspector and refusing her request/order to drop the knife. 

Yeah, I have no real problem with her dropping him but I've often wondered if the circumstances allow maim him instead.

Ulysses
5 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Well, not all.

You'd imagine that the ones with some capacity for self-perception and embarrassment would steer well clear, though.

Benny Klack
1 hour ago, Costanza said:

A vile individual 

Just a massive grifter - best ignored.

Seems that the job of “professional ****” is a legitimate career choice these days.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Benny Klack said:

Just a massive grifter - best ignored.

Seems that the job of “professional ****” is a legitimate career choice these days.

No worse than those on here who haven't appeared since Page 1 to retract what they said, despite being all over every other thread in The Shed.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No worse than those on here who haven't appeared since Page 1 to retract what they said, despite being all over every other thread in The Shed.

Hopefully they're embarrassed for being dicks.

Gundermann
On 13/04/2024 at 11:58, Footballfirst said:

Confirmation on the BBC website.

Offender was a 40-year-old man known to police

Commissioner Webb is now going into the details that police know about the offender and say he was a 40-year-old man who was known to police.

"We know a little bit about this person but are waiting to confirm his identification," she says.

She adds that police do not have fears that he was "holding an ideation - in other words it is not a terrorism incident. He is known to law enforcement," she adds.

"Let me assure you that we are confident that there is no ongoing risk and we are dealing with one person who is now deceased," Commissioner Webb says.

There will lots of disappointed racists. Good to see a certain poster's stupidity has been removed.

Section Q
On 13/04/2024 at 20:04, JudyJudyJudy said:

Apparently the area had a large concentration of Jewish people . 

IMG_8108.thumb.jpeg.42cae6a9b9f4c359ed2ff8458fcec5f8.jpeg

Not sure why you've introduced Muslims into this.

hughesie27
11 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Don't expect a reply. They've abandoned ship with their tale between their legs on this thread

Section Q
19 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Don't expect a reply. They've abandoned ship with their tale between their legs on this thread

Some  misinformation on here. I lived in the area for forty years and returned last year to sell our house which is only a ten minute walk from the shopping centre. Someone on here said it was a Jewish area but not true. It's a wealthy suburb and has a mixture of people and a huge amount of tourists. Any backpacker from Europe will know the area well. 

Ulysses
1 hour ago, Gundermann said:

There will lots of disappointed racists. Good to see a certain poster's stupidity has been removed.

There's a lot of stupidity that hasn't been removed, regrettably. 

Just now, Ulysses said:

Sometimes it might be good to let people’s stupidity stay out in open view. 

Ulysses
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Best to sweep it under the carpet and pretend there isn't a consistent pattern with this type of stupidity.

#PrayForTheBigots 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
2 hours ago, Section Q said:

You're not? Whatever the issue, and whatever the discussion, disnae matter, that poster will always, always take an angle that is the most discompassionate, divisive, and hateful. It's actually pretty sad if only we weren't all exposed to it constantly.

hughesie27
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Freudian slip typo!

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

Best to sweep it under the carpet and pretend there isn't a consistent pattern with this type of stupidity.

#PrayForTheBigots 

We need more stupidity imo

16 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

We need more stupidity imo

Classic. 

IMG_0874.jpeg

Aussie Jambo

Guy was from Queensland. Had known psychological problems. Most likely not on his medications. Australia is terrible for leaving people with mental health out in the streets as homeless people. They don’t look after them at all here and no real hospitals to look out for them either. This guy was just stabbing random people. Stabbed a mother and baby (disgusting). My mate works on the floor above where it happened (he saw him get shot) and my other mates daughter & friend were in a clothes shop and he walked straight past it, they were hiding in the changing rooms. Soon as people started screaming they kept customers in the shop and locked doors/put shutters down straight away. My mate is the manager of a retail store, he got all the customers to the back of his shop lights off door shut. The police lady is a legend here. It’s ****ing mental s as that’s the second time we’ve had people been killed but nutters. 

Generic Username

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-68814395

"His father, Andrew Cauchi, told reporters his son had battled with mental illness and recently come off his medication.

"To you he is a monster. To me, he was a very sick boy," he said, in a video posted by The Australian newspaper.

"He wanted a girlfriend and he's got no social skills and he was frustrated out of his brain," he added, when asked about why his son may have targeted women."

jambo89
9 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No chance of a retraction. It was clear from reports when I was qouting them that this wasn't a muslimist and they still doubled down.

hughesie27
54 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

No chance of a retraction. It was clear from reports when I was qouting them that this wasn't a muslimist and they still doubled down.

Total disrespect for the victims and their families as they would say. Rather hammer their agenda into the matter.

JudyJudyJudy
20 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Possibly although it will be hard for the police to establish an exact motive or trigger.

Yes I dived in feet first and embarrassed about it now . I thought it was a “ scoop “ but I made a poop out of it . Silly me . Reading the comments from your comment on, it  certainly seems people have had their pound of flesh regarding me . Fair enough . I’ll take those comments on the chin .  

hughesie27
47 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes I dived in feet first and embarrassed about it now . I thought it was a “ scoop “ but I made a poop out of it . Silly me . Reading the comments from your comment on, it  certainly seems people have had their pound of flesh regarding me . Fair enough . I’ll take those comments on the chin .  

Fair play. Held your hands up. Let's all now move on. Let's hope its a bit of a catalyst for better mental health support over in Oz amd elsewhere.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Fair play. Held your hands up. Let's all now move on. Let's hope its a bit of a catalyst for better mental health support over in Oz amd elsewhere.

👍

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Fair play. Maybe some others should take note.

Jim_Duncan

Nicely said. 

I think the lesson is that it’s better to be well informed rather than wanting to be seen as first to post something on social media. 

Respond, don’t react. 

il Duce McTarkin

Nice one, jamesy. 👍

I P Knightley
34 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I think the lesson is that it’s better to be well informed rather than wanting to be seen as first to post something on social media. 

Respond, don’t react. 

Here endeth the lesson. 

escobri

Knife attack now on a priest during a service, what the feck is wrong with these people.

il Duce McTarkin
17 minutes ago, escobri said:

Knife attack now on a priest during a service, what the feck is wrong with these people.

What do you think is wrong with them?