Levein's quotes

hereford_hearts

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, stubo said:

….great defender won nothing for us though , but for me bottled it in may 1986 at Dens told him that to his face one night then he went for me , truth hurt ,I said I would have played with a broken leg ….no response …..PHM yes not a legend ……eye bleeding football as a manager he took us down not stendel

Jeez...

:bolt:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Sooks

• Costanza

• tiger Rudi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, RS86 said:

Screenshot_20240407_204405_Facebook.jpg

Has that S always been at the end there? First time I’ve noticed it. They couldn’t even get a two word quote correct 😂

Costanza
8 hours ago, RobNox said:

His stats were posted on another thread by @martoon

To save you looking, here's the numbers:

Hearts player:

Pld 37 W 20 D 13 L 4

Hearts manager:

Pld 22 9 8 5

Hearts total:

Pld 59 W 29 21 9

Dundee Utd manager:

Pld 11 2 7 2

St. Johnstone manager:

Pld 2 2 0 0

Total:

Pld 72 31 28 11

At Easter Road:

Hearts player: 10 -wins

Hearts manager: 4 -4

Dundee Utd manager:  -2

St. Johnstone manager  -0

Total:

16  -9

Awesome,  cheers for that.

Yup absolutely ridiculous stats, only 11 losses in 72 games :laugh2:

boag1874

When asked on his sacked in the morning podcast if he’d ever consider the Hibs manager position “I’m sure I could take them down”

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Has that S always been at the end there? First time I’ve noticed it. They couldn’t even get a two word quote correct 😂

Should be 'Natural Ordure' in their case surely? 😁

tiger Rudi
11 hours ago, stubo said:

….great defender won nothing for us though , but for me bottled it in may 1986 at Dens told him that to his face one night then he went for me , truth hurt ,I said I would have played with a broken leg ….no response …..PHM yes not a legend ……eye bleeding football as a manager he took us down not stendel

Aye watching guys like Valois, De Vries and Fuller was eye bleeding stuff right enough. The 5.1 De Vries debut was excruciating to watch! 🤣 Add to that cup semi finals, 3rd place finishes and Europe. 

Probably one of the finest defenders I've ever watched at Hearts. Yes his second tenure as manager soured his love in with the fans but he's still a Hearts legend. He will continue to do the business over Hibs, what's not to like. 

tiger Rudi
1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

When asked on his sacked in the morning podcast if he’d ever consider the Hibs manager position “I’m sure I could take them down”

🤣😂 Class! 

tiger Rudi

"From my point of view, why would I take advice from somebody like Michael Stewart about football? It's crazy,” said Levein. “It's like taking advice about politics from somebody like – Michael Stewart. He's not clever enough or brave enough to do that, either".

"It does make me laugh because it's so obvious. He's going to self-combust one day".

boag1874
1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

Should be 'Natural Ordure' in their case surely? 😁

Natural Odour more like, reeking of shite

Bazzas right boot

Winds up hibs and Hates the OF.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

"From my point of view, why would I take advice from somebody like Michael Stewart about football? It's crazy,” said Levein. “It's like taking advice about politics from somebody like – Michael Stewart. He's not clever enough or brave enough to do that, either".

"It does make me laugh because it's so obvious. He's going to self-combust one day".

I don't mind Stewart,  but when it came to CL he was a slavering, rabid mess.

Cl is running about his heed.

henrysmithsgloves
13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Good enough for me😎

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, RS86 said:

Screenshot_20240407_204405_Facebook.jpg

We got beat that night 

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yeah one win away to Rangers in his whole managerial career and none at home shows he hates the OF, definitely has a better record against the other half. 

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, RobNox said:

His stats were posted on another thread by @martoon

To save you looking, here's the numbers:

Hearts player:

Pld 37 W 20 D 13 L 4

Hearts manager:

Pld 22 9 8 5

Hearts total:

Pld 59 W 29 21 9

Dundee Utd manager:

Pld 11 2 7 2

St. Johnstone manager:

Pld 2 2 0 0

Total:

Pld 72 31 28 11

At Easter Road:

Hearts player: 10 -wins

Hearts manager: 4 -4

Dundee Utd manager:  -2

St. Johnstone manager  -0

Total:

16  -9

That is a fantastic record and he deserves a lot of credit for that.

It probably shouldn’t be as important to have a great record against them, but it is.

Rampant
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah one win away to Rangers in his whole managerial career and none at home shows he hates the OF, definitely has a better record against the other half. 

I mean I 'hate' the OF but I highly doubt I would be able to win a game of football against either of them...

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Rampant said:

I mean I 'hate' the OF but I highly doubt I would be able to win a game of football against either of them...

Me too, but he has had dozens of chances. You don’t think that not beating them EVER Is a poor record? Stendel/Cathro/Neilson managed that 5 times between them. 

Rampant
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Me too, but he has had dozens of chances. You don’t think that not beating them EVER Is a poor record? Stendel/Cathro/Neilson managed that 5 times between them. 

It's not great, no.  I'm not sure the reason he hasn't managed it is because he doesn't hate them enough.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Rampant said:

It's not great, no.  I'm not sure the reason he hasn't managed it is because he doesn't hate them enough.

He certainly got the team up for playing Celtic more, as RN did and SN does too. We press Celtic but sat off Rangers, seems to work better for both as even Stendel showed. 
Considering what happened in 1986 can anyone blame him for possibly hating Celtic slightly more?

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We got beat that night 

Yes , and in their bizarrely wired minds , that apparently disproved the natural order statement 

Hearts_fan
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We got beat that night 

And the Natural Order was unaffected.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

And the Natural Order was unaffected.

Indeed, but they got their jollies at his expense. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, but they got their jollies at his expense. 

Only because they are too thick to understand what it means 

sirwalter
7 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

Aye watching guys like Valois, De Vries and Fuller was eye bleeding stuff right enough. The 5.1 De Vries debut was excruciating to watch! 🤣 Add to that cup semi finals, 3rd place finishes and Europe. 

Probably one of the finest defenders I've ever watched at Hearts. Yes his second tenure as manager soured his love in with the fans but he's still a Hearts legend. He will continue to do the business over Hibs, what's not to like. 

"Probably one of..."? Craigie was better than that, surely? I've been watching for over half a century and he strolls/sprints into my all-time Hearts eleven. 

tiger Rudi
2 hours ago, sirwalter said:

"Probably one of..."? Craigie was better than that, surely? I've been watching for over half a century and he strolls/sprints into my all-time Hearts eleven. 

Yes the use of the word probably was innacurate, he IS the best defender I've seen in a Hearts strip. Central defender anyway. Fyssas the best LB but that's a probably, because we've had a number of cracking left backs. 

Watt-Zeefuik
8 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That's the one. Bah, search engines have gotten so much worse, I couldn't coax them into finding the interview.

Absolutely horrific decisions of course. But he's absolutely scathing without ever getting truly nasty with McCurry. "If Mike McCurry had given a penalty he'd have been lambasted. . . it's human nature." Some Hearts fans like to call the refereeing "corrupt" as if it's brown envelopes of cash when more often than not I think the refs are often just cowed by the baying mobs.

Craig's had some blinders in terms of his lines. As a guy I really like him.

He's a Craig Levein fan though, not a Hearts fan. Absolutely destroyed us whilst trying to save his own bacon.

And as mentioned, the provincial comment (whilst moving to Leicester (🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️)) was unforgivable imo.

Thomaso
On 07/04/2024 at 20:26, hereford_hearts said:

After Craig's - 'I love it'  at the end of yesterday's post match interview. I think we can all agree that he was, is and will always be a PHM. 

Give us your best Levein moments. 

Hopefully another to follow when he pumps Killie at the weekend!

JDK2020
23 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Not had a league winner outside the OF for 4 decades. Every team other than them are provincial clubs. 

Edinburgh is "provincial" then? Lol 

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Edinburgh is "provincial" then? Lol 

Football terms, yes we are-unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

That's the one. Bah, search engines have gotten so much worse, I couldn't coax them into finding the interview.

It's the first hit on Google when you search for Craig Levein referee rant.

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

That last part about Mike McCurry never refereeing again in the top flight speaks volumes.

Clear as day the SFA knew he'd been rumbled and destroyed his credibility as an official.

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We got beat that night 

No idea when it's from tbh, just saw it posted after last weekends game. Assumed it was maybe from that game. I'm sure it still irks them all the same.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, RS86 said:

No idea when it's from tbh, just saw it posted after last weekends game. Assumed it was maybe from that game. I'm sure it still irks them all the same.

He said that when we beat them at Tynecastle, that was the next derby down there, a shame they got to show it really. 

Hackney Hearts
32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He said that when we beat them at Tynecastle, that was the next derby down there, a shame they got to show it really. 

That was March 2018. We've played 21 times since then. They've won 3.

Hearts have won 10 and drawn 8.

I wonder how often they like to show that photo now and remind everyone of the truth...

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, Darren said:

It's the first hit on Google when you search for Craig Levein referee rant.

Not for me. Google probably figures I'm searching from the US so tries to figure out what else I would be looking for. I kept getting his "playing against 12 men" one even when I put in Dundee United and other terms, then other US coach referee rants (which had nothing to do with "craig" or "levein," so I have no idea why it was giving them to me, but it was.)

Jack Torrance

When asked how far away Ikpeazu was with his fitness:

“75 yards”

Jack Torrance

"I thought he was rubbish" - Craig Levein on why he substituted David Vanecek after 30 minutes against Dundee.

Jack Torrance

When asked to explain our heavy defeat by Celtic at home:

“The manager is an idiot”

busbyfth
On 07/04/2024 at 21:33, rudi must stay said:

Not fussed about Levein. Ditched us when we needed him called us a provincial club and he wanted to leave for many years. For me Jefferies is a Hearts legend, had to sit through some terrible matches under Levein too

Fantastic player (and would have been Scotlands greatest ever defender bar injuries) but responsible for decisions that took us down. Should have been jettisoned over a year earlier and was Rasputin to Budgies Alexandra

busbyfth
13 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Did he ever pay that fine from the SFA?

Deal done under the table as they knew he had them bang to rights....would be shocked if that scheming shower didnt agree to right off the debt. (but publicly saved face) 

TexasAndy
On 07/04/2024 at 20:39, The Treasurer said:

His final months as manager were terrible, no question about that. But no one can question his love of our club and, equally, his love of getting it right up the wee team.

PHM 

This.  Glad he's away now because people were starting to resent him, maybe even dislike him.  He's a proper Hearts man.

Gundermann
3 hours ago, wentworth jambo said:

Superb.

Have mixed feelings on his times at Tynecastle but his quotes are not often off the mark.

4 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Superb.

Have mixed feelings on his times at Tynecastle but his quotes are not often off the mark.

I've got to say, the prospect of an OFless Scottish league would be very interesting and absolutely offer ourselves a big chance to grow. 

That said, I would rather see stronger leadership from the SFA/SPFL too much pandering to them. They don't need the extra help they get from the authorities.