Levein's quotes

hereford_hearts

hereford_hearts

After Craig's - 'I love it'  at the end of yesterday's post match interview. I think we can all agree that he was, is and will always be a PHM. 

Give us your best Levein moments. 

Edited by hereford_hearts

• hereford_hearts changed the title to Levein's quotes
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Sooks

• Costanza

• tiger Rudi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

“The grass has been cut Monday...Tuesday… Wednesday, and I think the lawnmower might be broken for Thursday and Friday.“

The Treasurer

His final months as manager were terrible, no question about that. But no one can question his love of our club and, equally, his love of getting it right up the wee team.

PHM 

rudi must stay

Not fussed about Levein. Ditched us when we needed him called us a provincial club and he wanted to leave for many years. For me Jefferies is a Hearts legend, had to sit through some terrible matches under Levein too

hughesie27
6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Not fussed about Levein. Ditched us when we needed him called us a provincial club and he wanted to leave for many years. For me Jefferies is a Hearts legend, had to sit through some terrible matches under Levein too

Not had a league winner outside the OF for 4 decades. Every team other than them are provincial clubs. 

Edited by hughesie27

Lone Striker
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Not had a league winner outside the OF for 4 decades. Every team other than them are provincial clubs. 

:cornette:   Edinburgh - the capital city - is provincial, aye ?

Costanza

Out of interest, does anyone know what his overall record against Hibs as player and manager is? Must be ridiculous :laugh2:

Screenshot_20240407_065222_Samsung Internet.jpg

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Costanza said:

Out of interest, does anyone know what his overall record against Hibs as player and manager is? Must be ridiculous :laugh2:

No but it must be ridiculously good.  Think he played in 22 in a row and 17 in a row too (although not sure if he was injured for chunks of them). 

hughesie27
3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

:cornette:   Edinburgh - the capital city - is provincial, aye ?

Pretty sure his point was that we are outwith the main two. 

Go for it 1308
18 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Ffs 😂

IMG_0204.jpeg.a750e649f2d8e5844580c8a90f359387.jpeg

Mikey1874

He hates the Hibs.

Actually he doesn't hate them. Just finds them pathetic and funny.

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Playing in the capital city, and not a Provence means we are in a very small list of non provincial clubs .

Mental how educated people don’t know this.

still.  I’m back on the levein love train so couldn’t give a shiny 

Edited by kingantti1874

Mikey1874

To be fair, it was a pretty special era. Going 17 then 22 games undefeated. 

No wonder those that did it have the biggest ever superiority complex. 

1 hour ago, RS86 said:

Screenshot_20240407_204405_Facebook.jpg

Made even better by their stupidity in understanding what natural order means 

….great defender won nothing for us though , but for me bottled it in may 1986 at Dens told him that to his face one night then he went for me , truth hurt ,I said I would have played with a broken leg ….no response …..PHM yes not a legend ……eye bleeding football as a manager he took us down not stendel

Lone Striker
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

I very much doubt Levein would ever have called us provincial.   If he  ever did. he was incorrect - poor use of language to describe Hearts.  

Rudi Must Stay is also wrong to say CL "ditched us"  (in 2004-05) - a combination of sensing  how the  Romanov era was likely to turn out + a  rumoured "personal issue"   were the most likely  reasons.

hughesie27
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Playing in the capital city, and not a Provence means we are in a very small list of non provincial clubs 

Maybe the concept of being 'provincial' can be applied to other areas of life. Like a collection of Football Teams that hold Membership to an Association. 

Just now, hughesie27 said:

Maybe the concept of being 'provincial' can be applied to other areas of life. Like a collection of Football Teams that hold Membership to an Association. 

Nah , provincial was not the right word . Glasgow is not a capital city and the success of their football teams does not change the meaning of the word 

Lone Striker
23 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Per London Hearts -

As manager (both spells)  -  played 22 games, won 9, drew 8, lost 5

:leveinnaturalorder:

31 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Having met Craig on many occasions, I’ll say that he was more than slightly arrogant in his younger days.

However, your post stinks.

Craig loved/loves Hearts and, believe it or not, did his utmost to exemplify that.

If you have nothing to back up your post, then don’t post.

Saint Jambo
14 minutes ago, stubo said:

….great defender won nothing for us though , but for me bottled it in may 1986 at Dens told him that to his face one night then he went for me , truth hurt ,I said I would have played with a broken leg ….no response …..PHM yes not a legend ……eye bleeding football as a manager he took us down not stendel

Jesus football fans can be obnoxious sometimes.

Peakybunnet
19 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I very much doubt Levein would ever have called us provincial.   If he  ever did. he was incorrect - poor use of language to describe Hearts.  

Rudi Must Stay is also wrong to say CL "ditched us"  (in 2004-05) - a combination of sensing  how the  Romanov era was likely to turn out + a  rumoured "personal issue"   were the most likely  reasons.

🤣

ehcaley
18 minutes ago, stubo said:

Back to sister fister,run along now muppet!

21 minutes ago, stubo said:

That post belongs on Vermin.net.

As do you.  👍

Costanza
11 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Per London Hearts -

As manager (both spells)  -  played 22 games, won 9, drew 8, lost 5

:leveinnaturalorder:

Good stuff. Think I'm going to try and add up this to his playing career and management at Dundee Utd and St Johnstone, it's going to be even more one sided than that :clyay:

12 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Jesus football fans can be obnoxious sometimes.

He’s not a ‘football’ fan - he’s Hibs.  👍

AC Mallin_51

“Natural Order has been restored” after the cup game in 2018 is the best. It’s almost iconic. In my lifetime that was definitely the ropiest period I’ve seen v Hibs, it all felt so incredibly unnatural. Levein knew that, he knew the natural run of things in the fixture is that more often than not Hearts end up on top. It got so unbelievably under their skin aswell to make it even better. 
 He’s been proven right though, fast forward a couple years and the 2020s began and it’s been a pretty one sided fixture since 

His quote about if he’d signed Mikey Stewart for £2 it would be the worst £2 he’d ever spent. 
‘And the one about the average IQ in the dressing room went up when Kyle Lafferty went to Rangers. 

1971fozzy

When he rattled Lennon with the natural order interview it was an utter classic.  He gets under their skin and they hate it. 
despite how it ended here for him , he’s always a PHM and the way he rattles them is joyous.

Dhanda - Levein and next week Spittal will see their top 6 hopes wrecked.

guaranteed

8 minutes ago, Tazio said:

His quote about if he’d signed Mikey Stewart for £2 it would be the worst £2 he’d ever spent. 
‘And the one about the average IQ in the dressing room went up when Kyle Lafferty went to Rangers. 

Actually on second thoughts that 2nd one might have been Mikey Stewart that said that.

Edited by Tazio

jambo mark

What was the quote where he said Mowbray had been spanked and sent home?

Costanza
14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I think you've overvalued Michael Stewart there; I'm sure it was £1 per week and per value he said he was the worst signing he had ever made.

Auld Reekin'
13 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Actually on second thoughts that 2nd one might have been Mikey Stewart that said that.

Pretty sure it was Levein. :icon14:

Hearts had to offer something for Mikey Stewart. So the transaction for the deal reads £1. Levein said it was the worst £1 he had ever spent.

That's how ive been led to believe that story went.

Edited by Homme

Horatio Caine

During his first spell as manager, after a particularly inept performance at Pittodrie he labelled some of his players as 'wage thieves'. That was the first time I had heard that expression and he was right.

Mikey1874
6 minutes ago, Homme said:

Hearts had to offer something for Mikey Stewart. So the transaction for the deal reads £1. Levein said it was the worst £1 he had ever spent.

That's how ive been led to believe that story went.

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

His stats were posted on another thread by @martoon

To save you looking, here's the numbers:

Hearts player:

Pld 37 W 20 D 13 L 4

Hearts manager:

Pld 22 9 8 5

Hearts total:

Pld 59 W 29 21 9

Dundee Utd manager:

Pld 11 2 7 2

St. Johnstone manager:

Pld 2 2 0 0

Total:

Pld 72 31 28 11

At Easter Road:

Hearts player: 10 -wins

Hearts manager: 4 -4

Dundee Utd manager:  -2

St. Johnstone manager  -0

Total:

16  -9

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Nah , provincial was not the right word . Glasgow is not a capital city and the success of their football teams does not change the meaning of the word 

Correct.  It would be the same as calling Roma and Lazio provincial clubs because Milan and Turin dominate Italian football.  

4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Correct.  It would be the same as calling Roma and Lazio provincial clubs because Milan and Turin dominate Italian football.  

Exactly 

scott herbertson

Not a quote but I remember laughing at this

"It was a club rule at Hearts that players were not allowed on the golf course 72 hours before games and striker Graham Weir broke that understanding when he went for a round with his pal.

"Craig found out about it and asked him to report to Tynecastle the following day with his golf clubs - and he ran him up and down the steps of the stand with his bag on his back."

46 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

“Natural Order has been restored” after the cup game in 2018 is the best. It’s almost iconic. In my lifetime that was definitely the ropiest period I’ve seen v Hibs, it all felt so incredibly unnatural. Levein knew that, he knew the natural run of things in the fixture is that more often than not Hearts end up on top. It got so unbelievably under their skin aswell to make it even better. 
 He’s been proven right though, fast forward a couple years and the 2020s began and it’s been a pretty one sided fixture since 

I agree.

Bear in mind he played for us during the 17 and 22 game unbeaten runs when we didn't always have the better team (though mostly we did), but always had the better attitude.  I've heard ex-Hibs players from those days saying that Hearts always seemed to be much more up for the derbies and I think that attitude has persisted with Levein into his managerial career.

Even when he's not managing Hearts, he takes great joy in pumping them, he can't help it, it's part of his psyche.

13 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Not a quote but I remember laughing at this

"It was a club rule at Hearts that players were not allowed on the golf course 72 hours before games and striker Graham Weir broke that understanding when he went for a round with his pal.

"Craig found out about it and asked him to report to Tynecastle the following day with his golf clubs - and he ran him up and down the steps of the stand with his bag on his back."

Neil Janczk (sp) as well. 

43 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Thanks. Almost correct!

SectionDJambo

The term “provincial clubs” is a west of Scotland football “journalist” term that I first read or heard when I was a wee boy many moons ago. 
It was their way of referring to any club outside of their bigoted Glasgow bubble. 
Their arrogance and ignorance knows no bounds.

martoon
4 hours ago, RobNox said:

His stats were posted on another thread by @martoon

To save you looking, here's the numbers:

Hearts player:

Pld 37 W 20 D 13 L 4

Hearts manager:

Pld 22 9 8 5

Hearts total:

Pld 59 W 29 21 9

Dundee Utd manager:

Pld 11 2 7 2

St. Johnstone manager:

Pld 2 2 0 0

Total:

Pld 72 31 28 11

At Easter Road:

Hearts player: 10 -wins

Hearts manager: 4 -4

Dundee Utd manager:  -2

St. Johnstone manager  -0

Total:

16  -9

Nice one, Rob. 👍

CL's record vs. the emailing scuttlers, like Henry, Robbo, Gary Mac and many, many others, is superb and cannot be repeated enough.

FTHIBS