Tagawa ?.

grumpyespana

JamboAl
1 hour ago, Threedoorsdown said:

We literally couldn’t give him away. 

That's not all that surprising as hard up clubs would still have to stump up for his wages.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

• JamboAl

• Bongo 1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Threedoorsdown
7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's not all that surprising as hard up clubs would still have to stump up for his wages.

Stop it now. The fact he ended up at the level he did speaks volumes. We couldn’t get rid of him because he was awful, nothing to do with covid.

JamboAl
30 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

Stop it now. The fact he ended up at the level he did speaks volumes. We couldn’t get rid of him because he was awful, nothing to do with covid.

Grow up.

You're obviously trying to make a negative point just for the sake of it.

He left us for a 3rd Frebch club and saved us a six figure sum in wages.

I did not actually say it was (directly) to do with covid but covid caused every club money problems which would severely restrict transfer opportunities.

I agree he was awful but so are some of our current squad if you read some of the KB posts.

Pasquale for King

I feel sorry for him, not had a run of games and we don’t really play to his or Odas strengths. They’re used to the kind of passes that Celtic used to play to Kyogo, who has struggled with a different style this season. 
Why did we sign him if we wanted to play with a 10 behind Shankland?

HopeDiouf

Expect he'll move on in the summer.  Fraser brought on ahead of him at weekend.

Japan Jambo
18 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

To a degree. He’s got decent pedigree and experience in some decent leagues.

when he’s had opportunities he’s not taken them.  Scottish football should have been a scoosh for him 

Don't think he is remotely suited to playing in the SPL against stuffy teams that leave no room in behind. Really poor recruitment imo.

Edited by Japan Jambo

Thomaso
20 hours ago, Chaps said:

Yesterday showed how much Naismith rates him.

Bringing Scott Fraser on instead to stick up front.

🤷‍♂️

gar jambo
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

🤷‍♂️

It just did not work it's the chances you take 

18 hours ago, JTJ said:

I think our substitutions had to be governed by St Mirren's changes as they made 4 attacking changes, largely leaving Gogic v Vargas at the back.

We'd already switched to three at the back and Tagawa hasn't shown yet he can hold up the ball as an only forward. The only change to involve him would have to have been for Vargas which would have been very unfair on Vargas, and would just not have worked. Fraser came on for Forrest to help shore up the midfield. He did try to support Vargas.

I have my doubts on Tagawa but it's more likely he'll be involved against Livy.  Once third is confirmed he should get a couple of games too.

Agreed. The Livy game going to be an interesting one. Some say Tagawa not had a proper chance and this is probably fair, but if he is away in the summer as some seem to think, I suspect Wilson will get a run out against Livi. Realise he is young and one for the future, but ideal time to give him a 20min cameo if results allows.

Ron Burgundy

It's a shame it hasn't worked out but I have seen zero from him that indicates he's good enough for this league never mind Hearts.

wavydavy
13 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It's a shame it hasn't worked out but I have seen zero from him that indicates he's good enough for this league never mind Hearts.

The best I have seen from him was in his first appearance as a sub away to St Johnstone in the first league game in Perth.

Came on for about 20 minutes and looked decent. Quick and got up and down the right side defending as well as attacking and I though this guy looks decent.

He has hardly kicked a ball since so you are right it is a shame as he has never really had a run of games to show if he can fit in.

We have given others a chance but he seems to be out of the running.

RustyRightPeg

Will play this weekend I'm sure. Livi need to come and take something from us so there will be gaps for us to exploit.

Monday morning prediction is a Tagawa double. 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Will play this weekend I'm sure. Livi need to come and take something from us so there will be gaps for us to exploit.

Monday morning prediction is a Tagawa double. 

There won’t, they’ll still play with everyone behind the ball with about 25% possession!

I think they’ve pretty much given up the ghost anyway.  

Anyway, if it’s already been decided he is away in the summer I’d rather see Shanks back in and getting back on the scoresheet after his mini drought.  Hearts and Scotland both need a confident Shankland on fire. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

brawlad74

It's up to him to force his way into team via training or making most of albeit limited opportunities. Fact is he hasn't. Mind being very disappointed with him when he started at home v Ross County. Sure there's a player there but just not for us and best to accept and move him on in summer. Shame coz wanted him to succeed and never got a chance to sing his catchy song.

Midloth_Iain

From the moment I realised he had a personal website, I was a bit dubious about him 😆

Still hope he can show something though .... 🫡

tagawakyosuke.com

A_A wehatethehibs

Tagawa and Vargas a tale of 2 punts one worked, one didn’t. Not the end of the world. Just par for the course really. Signings coming in from foreign leagues always are a gamble because you just never know how well the player will adapt. 

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Tagawa and Vargas a tale of 2 punts one worked, one didn’t. Not the end of the world. Just par for the course really. Signings coming in from foreign leagues always are a gamble because you just never know how well the player will adapt. 

Agreed and we should cut our losses as soon as we can and hopefully get some sort of return.

Hopefully he gets a few chances between now and the end of the season. Struggled so far in his time here but a goal and good performance could give him a lot of confidence, something which will no doubt be very low at the moment. Confidence is just as important as ability, if you aren't in a good head space it doesn't matter how good at football you are. Some players take longer to adapt than others. It's not ideal but it happens. Although Vargas showed more initially anyway, he really only came on to a game after the turn of the year. He wasn't on form right away, Tagawa might just need a little longer. 1 goal could change everything.

That said, I can understand if the we do move him on. All depends if Naismith is willing to stick with him and give him more time. To pay a fee and give him a 4 year deal they must have seen something in him. I feel he's up against it now though, every poor touch or missed chance you hear the groans and moans from the crowd and he'll be scrutinised for everything. I don't believe for a minute he's a poor player, but he needs to knuckle down and prove himself and that's up to him.

Threedoorsdown
10 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Grow up.

You're obviously trying to make a negative point just for the sake of it.

He left us for a 3rd Frebch club and saved us a six figure sum in wages.

I did not actually say it was (directly) to do with covid but covid caused every club money problems which would severely restrict transfer opportunities.

I agree he was awful but so are some of our current squad if you read some of the KB posts.

How can me saying our clubs recruitment has improved be construed as a negative opinion?

I think you have missed the point of my post.

Edited by Threedoorsdown

Ron Burgundy

Being greedy but I want to get as many points possible between us and the chasing lot. Playing him in any game as an experiment isn't worth it IMO. He should get game time only if he's earned it. Same with the youngsters, if they have showed something in training then fair enough but this isn't kids football where players have to get game time.

6 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Being greedy but I want to get as many points possible between us and the chasing lot. Playing him in any game as an experiment isn't worth it IMO. He should get game time only if he's earned it. Same with the youngsters, if they have showed something in training then fair enough but this isn't kids football where players have to get game time.

Exactly, it's a professional club with good coaches who wouldn't be daft enough just to play players for the sake of it. Of course Naismith will only give him game time if he's earned it, not sure why you'd think that wouldn't be the case.

Ron Burgundy
Just now, Chimp said:

Exactly, it's a professional club with good coaches who wouldn't be daft enough just to play players for the sake of it. Of course Naismith will only give him game time if he's earned it, not sure why you'd think that wouldn't be the case.

I'm not but some folk are suggesting he should get a run. For what reason exactly?

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

I'm not but some folk are suggesting he should get a run. For what reason exactly?

To prove himself and try get his confidence up. Minutes on the park are the only way he can do this but if he's not doing enough to convince SN then he'll need to keep working hard and be patient. I'd personally like to see more of him, doesn't mean I'm demanding he should play no matter what though. Hoping he can turn things around.

hmfc_liam06
33 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Keep him IMO.

I'm in this camp too, it's too easy to write someone off after less than a season.

I suspect our attitude towards him will be that we won't stand in his way should an offer come in but equally we'll be happy to have him here and prove his worth.

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'm in this camp too, it's too easy to write someone off after less than a season.

I suspect our attitude towards him will be that we won't stand in his way should an offer come in but equally we'll be happy to have him here and prove his worth.

Even if we do keep him for another year, he's still got 2 years left. Enough contract time to get decent money.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Even if we do keep him for another year, he's still got 2 years left. Enough contract time to get decent money.

What would “decent money” be?  And who would pay decent money for a complete flop?

He’s not a youngster, he’s 25 and has contributed the square root of **** all for Hearts.  A forward with a total of 38 goals from 293 appearances according to Wiki.  If we can get any transfer fee at all it would be a good bit of business and free up a wasted wage.  I suspect the club won’t be difficult to do business with and hopefully there is a club in Japan who remember better days!

HopeDiouf
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Failed project but we hopefully get our money back. 💰 

I'd settle for getting off the wage bill and try again.

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Looks like our manager has already written him off.  

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, HopeDiouf said:

I'd settle for getting off the wage bill and try again.

Exactly.  Anyone know how much we paid for him?

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Looks like our manager has already written him off.  

He wrote off Grant by not including him in the European squad, so that can change. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Failed project but we hopefully get our money back. 💰 

Hes an international, for decent team, not sure he can be dismissed as a project and you have to question who and why he was signed if we weren’t going to pass balls in behind for him to run onto. 

RustyRightPeg
15 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What would “decent money” be?  And who would pay decent money for a complete flop?

He’s not a youngster, he’s 25 and has contributed the square root of **** all for Hearts.  A forward with a total of 38 goals from 293 appearances according to Wiki.  If we can get any transfer fee at all it would be a good bit of business and free up a wasted wage.  I suspect the club won’t be difficult to do business with and hopefully there is a club in Japan who remember better days!

Having a bad monday?

HopeDiouf
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hes an international, for decent team, not sure he can be dismissed as a project and you have to question who and why he was signed if we weren’t going to pass balls in behind for him to run onto. 

He played for them twice in 2019.  Not like he's getting picked right now.

Pasquale for King
Just now, HopeDiouf said:

He played for them twice in 2019.  Not like he's getting picked right now.

Yeah and Ryan Strain has 4 caps for Australia and everyone wants us to sign him?
He obviously has something that we aren’t getting out of him and you have to wonder why the deal was done. 

HopeDiouf
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah and Ryan Strain has 4 caps for Australia and everyone wants us to sign him?
He obviously has something that we aren’t getting out of him and you have to wonder why the deal was done. 

I think it's just one of those things it hasn't worked out.  Not the first failed signing and won't be the last.

A_A wehatethehibs
34 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

If he’s not going to play 1 minute up front in a game where Shankland is out, let’s be honest about it, that’s not great news for him.

4 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

There won’t, they’ll still play with everyone behind the ball with about 25% possession!

I think they’ve pretty much given up the ghost anyway.  

Anyway, if it’s already been decided he is away in the summer I’d rather see Shanks back in and getting back on the scoresheet after his mini drought.  Hearts and Scotland both need a confident Shankland on fire. 

I don't think they'll come and open up either. I'm not quite sure how Martindale is getting such an easy ride through the press either tbh. He probably has a bigger say at that club than meets the eye. 

It could be a game to use Tagawa. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's a transfer that will work out and seems inevitable he'll move on. 

Fozzyonthefence
15 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Having a bad monday?

Eh? And no, quite a decent Monday as Mondays go.  Just interested to know what you considered decent money as I think we’ll be lucky to get anything for him.  I’m hardly in the minority thinking he’s done at Hearts.   Even our manager doesn’t seem to trust him to give him a run out when our main striker is out. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

I think it's just one of those things it hasn't worked out.  Not the first failed signing and won't be the last.

I don’t think that cuts it, you don’t pay a decent fee for a player after all the alleged preparation that goes into it that doesn’t suit your game plan.

The two January signings haven’t been great either tbh, Kent and Neuwunhoff have though.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

If he’s not going to play 1 minute up front in a game where Shankland is out, let’s be honest about it, that’s not great news for him.

Exactly, putting Grant then Fraser as the ultimate false 9 is a slap in the face really..

HopeDiouf
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think that cuts it, you don’t pay a decent fee for a player after all the alleged preparation that goes into it that doesn’t suit your game plan.

The two January signings haven’t been great either tbh, Kent and Neuwunhoff have though.

Do agree it wasn't good.  But overall it's been good.  Vargas has exceeded expectations I'd say.  Never going to get them all right.

Edited by HopeDiouf

Fozzyonthefence
26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He wrote off Grant by not including him in the European squad, so that can change. 

That was down to the home grown player rule though, otherwise he would have been in the squad.   Grant had also at least shown something, Tagawa has literally offered us nothing.  We’d have been as well keeping Damour and trying him up front (is he still here btw?!). 

JamboAl
3 hours ago, Threedoorsdown said:

How can me saying our clubs recruitment has improved be construed as a negative opinion?

I think you have missed the point of my post.

I think you have missed the point.

I didn't say the club's recruitment hasn't improved and I don't think you did either.  Any idiot could see that it has.

The point was the stupid comparison you tried to draw between now and the covid/immediate post covid years.  The financial effects of that period not only affected us but would have affected other clubs too, almost certainly restricting their ability or willingness to pay out fees and/or take on extra wage commitments.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How much did we pay?

TexasAndy

I'm not quite at the stage of writing Tagawa off.  It's not worked out for him so far for any number of reasons one of which could be that he's not good enough.  I just have a feeling with him that there's more to come before he's gone.

Robbo-Jambo

He must show nothing in training after a game where Shankland is out and he doesn't get one minute.

Naismith obviously doesn't rate or trust him

On 07/04/2024 at 12:29, Threedoorsdown said:

I actually see signings like Kip and Tagawa as a sign of how far we have came in recruitment. I think it’s fair to say both of these signings haven’t quite worked.

However, the difference is I think we can all see they aren’t completely hopeless, it just hasn’t worked. 

As a result, we are seeing interest in our ‘deadwood’ and may even be able to turn small profits. Compare this to yesteryear when we were stuck with guys like Damour that we couldn’t get rid of. 

Totally forgot about that wage thief. Truly horrendous.