***Official Hearts vs Livingston match day thread***

Bongo 1874

Sub4TiddlerMurray
5 minutes ago, martoon said:

If we can take an early lead I think Livi might just collapse. They're all but gone as far as their Premier status is concerned and falling behind in the first 10 could well see them fall apart.

Hearts 4-0.

This 👍

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• HeartsandonlyHearts

• Morgan

• 1971fozzy

Diadora Van Basten

Time to shuffle the pack and rest players for next week. This would be my selection apart from Oda for Vargas that the team selector wouldn’t let me pick:

heart-of-midlothian-selector-2023-24-1dc

Edited by Diadora Van Basten

i8hibsh

**** this rest players shite. When will we ****ing learn.

Just like under Robbie when we wrote off the entire top 6 fixtures to get ready for the Rangers final.  We ended up getting about 1 point from 15, sleep walked into Hampden to play a Ranegrs team that just played in a Europena final 72 hours earlier and every single one of their players looked fitter and more hungry and ultimately lost.

All out to win tomrorow with best XI and let the semi look after itself.

**** this shit boils my piss no end.

Edited by i8hibsh

Full strength team on for me. If we are a couple of goals up at half time I would like to see a look at Tagawa again. I just feel he has something to offer. Will also be a chance to keep shanks fit for the semi

been here before
13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Just like under Robbie when we wrote off the entire top 6 fixtures to get ready for the Rangers final.  We ended up getting about 1 point from 15, sleep walked into Hampden to play a Ranegrs team that just played in a Europena final 72 hours earlier and every single one of their players looked fitter and more hungry and ultimately lost.

You going to the game tomorrow Pwincess or just sitting watching it on some crappy, dodgy stream?

6 minutes ago, been here before said:

You going to the game tomorrow Pwincess or just sitting watching it on some crappy, dodgy stream?

Maybe he can't afford a ticket?

Pans Jambo
27 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I agree with this. If nothing else, getting wins help the squads mentality of being a winning team. 3 or 4 defeats (even if we do secure 3rd early) and doubts start creeping in.

5-0 Hearts and then onto the Semi-Final with some confidence.

If Shanks is playing tomorrow. I expect a hattrick or GTF :lol:

i8hibsh
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

I agree with this. If nothing else, getting wins help the squads mentality of being a winning team. 3 or 4 defeats (even if we do secure 3rd early) and doubts start creeping in.

3 games I think wihtout scoring.  This will be hurting such a clearly hungry striker.

He is a shoe in to score.

upgotheheads
On 09/04/2024 at 12:13, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Easy 3-0 win

57 minutes ago, martoon said:

If we can take an early lead I think Livi might just collapse. They're all but gone as far as their Premier status is concerned and falling behind in the first 10 could well see them fall apart.

Hearts 4-0.

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I bloody-well hate it when folk make these predictions.

Pans Jambo
Just now, upgotheheads said:

Just a bit fun mate. Livi will fighting for their lives (again). A single point for them would be a massive result.

I don't expect an easy game, but I do expect all 3 points at home.

Mon the JT's.

50 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Time to shuffle the pack and rest players for next week. This would be my selection apart from Oda for Vargas that the team selector wouldn’t let me pick:

heart-of-midlothian-selector-2023-24-1dc

We are not in a position to be resting players. Nothing is sewn up yet.

Also by resting better players that means they have lost continuity and might not be as sharp for next week having gone almost 2 weeks without a game. I'd much rather have Shankland playing against Rangers off the back of a few goals against Livi full of confidence than him warming a bench to let others try show what they can do. This isn't a meaningless game or a pre season friendly.

Thomaso

Fans will need to show a bit of patience. Livy will play anti football, time wasting, fouling and disrupting play. Stick with the team if we need to grind out 3 vital points.

Turkishcap

Agree strongest team possible, few subs in last quarter IF game over

Diadora Van Basten
6 minutes ago, Chimp said:

We are not in a position to be resting players. Nothing is sewn up yet.

Also by resting better players that means they have lost continuity and might not be as sharp for next week having gone almost 2 weeks without a game. I'd much rather have Shankland playing against Rangers off the back of a few goals against Livi full of confidence than him warming a bench to let others try show what they can do. This isn't a meaningless game or a pre season friendly.

We rested players against Partick in the cup and it worked out quite well. This is still a strong team.

Take your point about Shankland as he seems to play better when he is match fit and was poor at the start of the season before he got up to speed.

8 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

We rested players against Partick in the cup and it worked out quite well. This is still a strong team.

Take your point about Shankland as he seems to play better when he is match fit and was poor at the start of the season before he got up to speed.

Partick game was different though. 

Granted the team you suggested isn't poor, but I wouldn't be unsettling the defence and throwing Sibbick in there just for the sake of it. Or Fraser who looks completely uninterested, and also isn't our player.

Edited by Chimp

i8hibsh

In the last 10 years

We have only scored 21 goals in our last 25 games v Livingston and this includes a quarter of this total being in 1 single game.

0.84 goals a game 

Food for thought before people start predicing cricket scores

Edited by i8hibsh

i8hibsh

Hearts 1 Livingston 0

And i'll be over the moon with that.

Most of our wins this season have been by 1 goal I think too.

Edited by i8hibsh

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Hearts 1 Livingston 0

And i'll be over the moon with that.

Most of our wins this season have been by 1 goal I think too.

You think? Can you not remember?

i8hibsh
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

You think? Can you not remember?

All 18 wins do not roll off my tongue no, I have to think about each one and I can't remember any by more than 1 actually except the celtic one.

Randy Marsh
22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

In the last 10 years

We have only scored 21 goals in our last 25 games v Livingston and this includes a quarter of this total being in 1 single game.

0.84 goals a game 

I went to check this as I didn't believe it could be so bad.  But what makes it worse is that 10 of these goals were in the 14-15 Championship season.

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

All 18 wins do not roll off my tongue no, I have to think about each one and I can't remember any by more than 1 actually except the celtic one.

Rosenborg

Celtic x 2

Motherwell

Partick

Airdrie

Aberdeen x 2 

St Mirren

Quite a lot if you bothered to look.

i8hibsh
6 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I went to check this as I didn't believe it could be so bad.  But what makes it worse is that 10 of these goals were in the 14-15 Championship season.

They are such a shite bag team.  Not saying we are free flowing and attacking, far from it infact but they just do all they can to stop the flow as opposed to have any flow of their own.

i8hibsh

We will have 65% possession, 6 corners, 1 shot on goal and score it and a few off target fluffs.

martoon

For balance, we have only scored three times in a league match twice this season. The 3-2 home and away wins v. Dundee.

Perhaps the big win predictions are a bit OTT but what the hell: I said 4-0 earlier; I'm upping it to 5-0.

CloustonHMFC

I’m going to be there tomorrow for the first time in a year. Guaranteed L tomorrow I’m afraid. 

RustyRightPeg
17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We will have 65% possession, 6 corners, 1 shot on goal and score it and a few off target fluffs.

Do you ever get bored of being the footballing scrooge?

i8hibsh
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Do you ever get bored of being the footballing scrooge?

You know I predicted that we will win yeah?

Just because I don't come out and say we will win 40 nil and play like 1970s Ajax, i am being fairly positive imo, I just spend my time living in the real world.

The likelihood is that we will dominate possession, it will be a bore fest with little quality or attacking opportunities and there will be little daylight between the teams come full time.

Bongo 1874

Gordon

Natty Kent Kingsley Cochrane 

Nieuwenhof Tait 

Lembikisa Shankland  Forrest 

Vargas 

Lovecraft
53 minutes ago, martoon said:

For balance, we have only scored three times in a league match twice this season. The 3-2 home and away wins v. Dundee.

Perhaps the big win predictions are a bit OTT but what the hell: I said 4-0 earlier; I'm upping it to 5-0.

8-0 or GTF!

Debut 4

Time for players to be more risky? Or are we still a bit unsure if we’ll see off third place and need to stick to a rigid strategy that has largely paid dividends?

I’m not saying chuck 9 attacking players into the line up. If it’s a similar set up with similar personnel I’d just like to see the players enjoy the ball a bit more in the last third and not be too safe with the circulation of the ball taking precedence when it’s tight.  I’d like to see guys like Oda, Forrest, Vargas or whoever starts in that similar vein look to get into more dangerous positions and to get off efforts.  

I think the last time i felt we looked quite slick and played what you could deem a little more off the cuff was the second half v Motherwell. Thought it was a cracking half of football from us.  

Edited by Debut 4

Pans Jambo

Is Shanks still ill? Just wondered why folk are excluding him from their team picks. Ive not heard either way. 

been here before
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

You know I predicted that we will win yeah?

Just because I don't come out and say we will win 40 nil and play like 1970s Ajax, i am being fairly positive imo, I just spend my time living in the real world.

The likelihood is that we will dominate possession, it will be a bore fest with little quality or attacking opportunities and there will be little daylight between the teams come full time.

You wont be there so why worry?

been here before
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Is Shanks still ill? Just wondered why folk are excluding him from their team picks. Ive not heard either way. 

Im sure I read somewhere he's recovered, not sure. The Peps on here will be naming weakened teams since its just Livvy probably.

copa-mundial
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

As posted above. All who had illness last week, have had a full weeks training this week. 

Pans Jambo
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Im sure I read somewhere he's recovered, not sure. The Peps on here will be naming weakened teams since its just Livvy probably.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Just now, copa-mundial said:

As posted above. All who had illness last week, have had a full weeks training this week. 

👍

Arthur Morgan

We had 77% possession against these last time at home. Livingston were by far the worst team I've seen at Tynecastle this season. They had 0 shots on target 😂

The White Cockade

if Shanks is fit he has to start 

Hasn’t played for 2 weeks so doesn’t need a rest plus this is an important game for us as a win just about ensures third place imo

Also looking for Shanks to score and get his confidence up for the Rangers game

2-0 Shankland and Oda

Weebroon98

3 pts, no injuries or a player sent off that causes them to miss the semi final and i'll be happy

jock _turd
4 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Well of course Hearts have a long list of easy high scoring wins against Livingston 😂😂😂 Probably gonna be aanother watching paint dry exercise.

I'll take any win. Hopefully there will be players trying to impress to stake a claim for the semi starting line up

GinRummy
1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Stats from the last home game vs Livingston 😂

Screenshot_20240412_175911_Flashscore.jpg

Good run from Vargas for the goal. JKB gamblers could do worse than back Kenny to score. Livi defence don't cope well with him. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

When did we announce that we were writing of all the fixtures before the final, or have you made that up?

Bongo 1874
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Gordon

Natty Kent Kingsley Cochrane 

Nieuwenhof Tait 

Lembikisa Shankland  Forrest 

Vargas 

Focus play down Livingstons left hand side,with Shankland holding up and allowing Vargas to spin in behind.

Late runs into the box from Shankland, with Tait and Nieuwenhof picking up anything that falls just outside the box.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

In the last 10 years

0.84 goals a game 

Boo!!!

Why do these teams try and stop us from scoring, some even try and score themselves!

The cheek!

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Negan said:

Maybe he can't afford a ticket?

Nah, he's in self exile,  hates granny budge and the scone/ coffee mornings.

I summarise ofc.

Iirc, he was trying to get others to join him.

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Weebroon98 said:

3 pts, no injuries or a player sent off that causes them to miss the semi final and i'll be happy

A different competition so a card won't count unless it's violent contact,

Edited by upgotheheads