***Official Hearts vs Livingston match day thread***

Bongo 1874

Ricardo Quaresma
10 hours ago, StirlingJambo said:

These were the kind off mistakes that were creeping into Gordon’s game before his bad injury. 

These what? what mistakes did Gordon make?

Their 2nd goal was pretty unstoppable once our defence afforded him another free hit

Nonsense post

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• HeartsandonlyHearts

• Morgan

• 1971fozzy

Ricardo Quaresma
12 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

Thank christ I waited to half time before commenting. 

Bad things first, defence all over the shop, especially on our right side...... Again. Gordon not covering himself in glory either. 

Fantastic work down our left side in an attacking sense with Cochrane, McKay, Grant and Shanks all combining well. It's a joy to watch. 

Grant the pick for me again. Involved in everything, get the contract ready for him on this form. 

If we defend like that against Rangers we are fecked. 

Bloody guid game though 😁

More or less the same as rangers defended against celtic, naw?

Ricardo Quaresma
11 hours ago, DC_92 said:

It turned out that games in different seasons involving different managers and different squads was less of a predictor than simply looking at the current league table.

Food for thought.

Agree, history is just history

11 hours ago, Tazio said:

Well he did manage to pass for 2 assists so that’s not too shabby for someone that can’t pass. 

Shankland has been working well on passing; remember his through ball to Vargas against 'well, where he then fed Forrest in, who should have then fed Oda in to walk it in the net?

Other examples too, plus the assists today

tiger Rudi
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

More or less the same as rangers defended against celtic, naw?

Good point. They will target our right side defence, but we should do the same by sticking someone in Tavernier's face!  A game to be positive in and try to unsettle them. 

alicante jambo
3 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

Good point. They will target our right side defence, but we should do the same by sticking someone in Tavernier's face!  A game to be positive in and try to unsettle them. 

Tavernier isnt the weak point in that team. We should be in all their faces but they are miles ahead of us. We need to be at our best and i mean players fighting in midfield, moving the ball quick, looking up and not just punting it anywhere, set pieces being much better, not making stupid mistakes like yesterday for their 2 goals. They are faster and stronger in every position bar shankland. 

upgotheheads

If Aberdeen get to the final (unlikely but not impossible) does that have implications for the European competition league stages? I know that if they win the cup it does, but the rules for qualification stages beat me.

We really need to address how we're starting games. 

Yesterday was a brilliant result and showed the character of the team. But time and time again this season, we invite needless pressure by not starting games correctly. 

The quality is there, that is undeniable, but having to come back time and time again against much lower placed teams isn't good enough. You cannot give yourself mountains to climb every week. Eventually you run out of gas in the tank to keep doing that. 

heartsfc_fan
19 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

If Aberdeen get to the final (unlikely but not impossible) does that have implications for the European competition league stages? I know that if they win the cup it does, but the rules for qualification stages beat me.

Cup loser doesn't get European football.

Aberdeen have to win the cup.

tiger Rudi
1 hour ago, alicante jambo said:

Tavernier isnt the weak point in that team. We should be in all their faces but they are miles ahead of us. We need to be at our best and i mean players fighting in midfield, moving the ball quick, looking up and not just punting it anywhere, set pieces being much better, not making stupid mistakes like yesterday for their 2 goals. They are faster and stronger in every position bar shankland. 

I'm sure they are faster than Shankland as well mate 😉

The point I was making is if we let defenders like Tavernier dictate their own game on us we will be fekd. I hope their defenders are worrying about our players or at least being faced up early, rather than have the run of Hampden. Agreed if we are competitive in midfield we have a chance. 

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, tiger Rudi said:

The point I was making is if we let defenders like Tavernier dictate their own game on us we will be fekd. I hope their defenders are worrying about our players or at least being faced up early, rather than have the run of Hampden. Agreed if we are competitive in midfield we have a chance. 

Sorry mate my post came across a bit aggressive certainly no intended that way. Regards shankland he is strong and to me a much better foralward as dessers but the rest of sevcos team are better than ours. Listen fingers crossed we do it.

August Landmesser
13 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

I thought our goal celebrations were muted today. 

All of them apart from the penalty risked an offside check from VAR, so goal celebrating is usually halfhearted these days 

Debut 4
22 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

If he leaves Devlin out it’ll be a mistake. 

If only for his willingness to close down, eagerness to win the ball, it’s important. 

We need the right mix with people who are prepared to upset play and the opposition as well as technicians

I really do think his contribution is under appreciated by many and those who think Hearts will have 3 Paul Hartley’s in midfield.  

tiger Rudi
16 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

If he leaves Devlin out it’ll be a mistake. 

If only for his willingness to close down, eagerness to win the ball, it’s important. 

We need the right mix with people who are prepared to upset play and the opposition as well as technicians

I really do think his contribution is under appreciated by many and those who think Hearts will have 3 Paul Hartley’s in midfield.  

The fact that Hoff has not had an appearance since his injury should leave the door open for Devlin. As long as he plays with his head as well as his heart he will have a positive influence on our chances. 

He looked good against Livi, getting himself into their box and breaking up play in front of our defence. 

He needs to keep the heed tho, an early booking and his effectiveness will diminish. Controlled aggression required.

He has a role to play on Sunday as there's no way Hoff can be fully up to speed. 

Jim_Duncan
4 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

The fact that Hoff has not had an appearance since his injury should leave the door open for Devlin. As long as he plays with his head as well as his heart he will have a positive influence on our chances. 

He looked good against Livi, getting himself into their box and breaking up play in front of our defence. 

He needs to keep the heed tho, an early booking and his effectiveness will diminish. Controlled aggression required.

He has a role to play on Sunday as there's no way Hoff can be fully up to speed. 

Devlin might as well just ask for his booking in the tunnel before the match starts. He’ll get at least one, whether he deserves it or not, much like Rangers’ penalty. 

Shankland was absolutely superb on Saturday. His all round play is exceptional and really is the complete striker now. Also delighted for Grant, Oda and Devlin chipping in with their goals. That's exactly what we've been wanting to see, our midfielders making runs into the box for cut backs - something which we've been lacking for a long time. Simple finishes but that's what good movement does and makes football look simple. Hopefully we start to see a lot more of that from now on.