***Official Hearts vs Livingston match day thread***

Bongo 1874

Bongo 1874

In the bible it says what goes around,comes around.

Destroy them Hearts!!!!

One big last push before this semi final,play for the badge!!!!!!!

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• HeartsandonlyHearts

• Morgan

• 1971fozzy

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Destroy them Hearts!!!!

Quick off the mark tonight Bongo but totally agree and a hatrick for Shanks to boot 

Bongo 1874
Just now, **** the SPFL said:

Quick off the mark tonight Bongo but totally agree and a hatrick for Shanks to boot 

Looking forward to this already!!!!

Gordons left glove

We're due a game where we absolutely pump the opposition. Going for 3-5 goals for hearts. Unrealistic but think we'll see a performance we never thought we would see this season. 

i8hibsh
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Destroy them Hearts!!!!

Why the **** would any Hearts fan post this shit ffs.

been here before
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You of all people should be able to tell us.

Going next week or giving it a swerve again?

Bongo 1874
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Because i never forget,and I genuinely hope to see us pump them rotten.

Just like Levein pumped Hibs today 😉.

Feel sorry for them **** that!!!! Who had that attitude when it was us ? Exactly no-one.

Don't hate them,just want them taken care off 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Armageddon

I wonder what the Shanks plan in, saving him for the semi?  We should be able to get by Livi at Tynie with Tagawa and Vargas.

It’s all about Hampden now.

gregzy2k7

Will take any win but tbqh,

We really should be hammering them!

They are already down and are just playing for pride now,

If we show up and really stay focused and take our chances it could be 5 or 6.

Hope we can win by at least 3 goals, as we haven't done that this season,

Go out and do it Hearts.

GinRummy
8 hours ago, Armageddon said:

I wonder what the Shanks plan in, saving him for the semi?  We should be able to get by Livi at Tynie with Tagawa and Vargas.

It’s all about Hampden now.

If he’s over his illness he’ll play I reckon.  Wee confidence boost if he can find the net. 

Jocam2325
11 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Destroy them Hearts!!!!

Are you 12 years old?

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Will take any win but tbqh,

We really should be hammering them!

They are already down and are just playing for pride now,

If we show up and really stay focused and take our chances it could be 5 or 6.

Hope we can win by at least 3 goals, as we haven't done that this season,

Go out and do it Hearts.

Love to see us hit 3 or 4 and set ourselves up for the Semi, injury free.

60 mins for the Hoff, Beni and Shanks, again to help them be at their best for Hampden.

Penrice to get MOTM though.

MTS1874
16 minutes ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

Love to see us hit 3 or 4 and set ourselves up for the Semi, injury free.

60 mins for the Hoff, Beni and Shanks, again to help them be at their best for Hampden.

Penrice to get MOTM though.

I don’t think Penrice has been in the squad since he signed a pre contract with us. Don’t think Nouble has been in their squad either.

pettigrewsstylist

Will we play SF starting 11 in order to bed it in.

It may not be the team we would/should select for Livi at home, but we may consider it should be enough and the benefits of doing so are worth the nuance.

jamboozy
11 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I know, it’s a strange thing to post🤷‍♂️. Maybe it was a bizarre attempt at motivation? Who knows?

Anyway, I think it will be a hard fought win for the Jambos, Livvy are playing for pride if nothing else.

alicante jambo

We beat them 1 _  0 earlier in the season at tynecastle but absolutely battered them. Sure we had 20 odd shots on goal we just couldntconvert and a huge possesion percentage over them too that night. Would be nice to get a 2 or 3 nill win but will take any win with no new injuries.

Sherbet

Think gordon should play to give him match practice before the semi final

leginten

Five days to go. When you’re buzzing for a game against Livi at this stage of the season, you know it has been a good one. Barring catastrophe in the Cup (i.e. Aberdeen winning it) we’ll get our reward for it too.

karipidis

Just no complacency from Hearts and the 3 points should be ours. A convincing result/performance would be ideal as well, but as bad as they are, Livingston can make life difficult for teams on occasion. Full strength team and make changes if game is comfortable. 

Bazzas right boot

We Bazza back to work his magic.

2-0 Hearts, maybe 3.

Fozzyonthefence
23 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Yeah, tired of reading the pish that Gordon shouldn’t play until 3rd mathematically wrapped up, as if playing him instead of Zander somehow weakens the team.  It’s laughable.  3rd is done and dusted anyway.  

Of course it’s possible ZC will play the semi (we’re all assuming CG is the cup keeper but don’t think Naismith has ever stated that?).

Pasquale for King
On 07/04/2024 at 12:22, Sherbet said:

Definitely 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yeah, tired of reading the pish that Gordon shouldn’t play until 3rd mathematically wrapped up, as if playing him instead of Zander somehow weakens the team.  It’s laughable.  3rd is done and dusted anyway.  

Of course it’s possible ZC will play the semi (we’re all assuming CG is the cup keeper but don’t think Naismith has ever stated that?).

They should be alternating now, as you say its not weakening the team and we hopefully have eight games left for them both to play in. 

No chance Clark will start in the Euros. Gunn will start all the games even if he's missing a leg, because that's what Steve Clarke does for his favourites.

So might as well start Gordon now Clark is in the Euros squad. Agree he needs game time in the lead up to the semi.

upgotheheads

A lot will depend on whether SN thinks that third is now in the bag.  If he does then it might be time to give CG a start as well as Tagawa  and Oda in place of Forrest and Vargas.

I'm not sure that he will start Gordon, mostly because he already has him down to start in the semi, and if Gordon has a poor game it puts Naismith in a very difficult position. I would like to see Tagawa and Oda start up front with Shanks if he's fit though.

Thumperbeni

Does anyone know if Shankland will be fit and available for Saturday ? I’ve got my daughter booked as mascot and she will be leading the team out with him, I pray he is back and playing as she will be devastated if he’s not playing.

4 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

Does anyone know if Shankland will be fit and available for Saturday ? I’ve got my daughter booked as mascot and she will be leading the team out with him, I pray he is back and playing as she will be devastated if he’s not playing.

He was out because he was ill, wasn't anything to do with physical fitness. Would like to think his bug would have cleared up by Saturday but I doubt there's an actual timescale on that.

Thumperbeni
5 minutes ago, Chimp said:

He was out because he was ill, wasn't anything to do with physical fitness. Would like to think his bug would have cleared up by Saturday but I doubt there's an actual timescale on that.

Yeah I knew it was illness mate, just praying he’s fit and well and leading us out for the sake of my daughter, also think he needs a goal or 2 to really get his confidence back for the semi the following week, we really should be starting with the 11 Naismith has in mind for the semi and go for a morale boosting comfortable win and take the key players off after an hour or so 🙏🏼

sirwalter
4 hours ago, kila said:

No chance Clark will start in the Euros. Gunn will start all the games even if he's missing a leg, because that's what Steve Clarke does for his favourites.

So might as well start Gordon now Clark is in the Euros squad. Agree he needs game time in the lead up to the semi.

Is Craig not one of his favourites, though?

been here before

First home game Im missing for about 6 or 7 years, bet they score a barrowload :lol:

4 hours ago, Thumperbeni said:

He’d be over most things by the weekend. Surely. 

BigAlim

It’s always a slog when we play Livi at either ground. I reckon we’ll get a 2-0 win but it won’t be entertaining 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, CMc said:

He’d be over most things by the weekend. Surely. 

Ebola? 🥸

34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ebola? 🥸

No, think he’s a striker. 

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, CMc said:

No, think he’s a striker. 

👍

Seaside Dave

Play full team. Be 4 nil up at half time. Make all the subs necessary and get the extra soft cushions out for the recovering players 

1971fozzy

We need to give minutes to Shanks, Hoff (especially) and Beni for the semi. 
win and that’s 3rd all but secured.

3-0 Hearts

Mikey1874

Nice game for them. 

Good to get a good support and chance to play with freedom before the semi final. 

Thomaso
20 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

We need to give minutes to Shanks, Hoff (especially) and Beni for the semi. 
win and that’s 3rd all but secured.

3-0 Hearts

Really hope the three of them are back fit. Another vital 3 points to keep Killie in their place. Livy as usual will waste time and try every trick in the book to disrupt the game. Fingers crossed for an early goal ushering in an easy win.

Edited by Thomaso

22 hours ago, Thumperbeni said:

Yeah I knew it was illness mate, just praying he’s fit and well and leading us out for the sake of my daughter, also think he needs a goal or 2 to really get his confidence back for the semi the following week, we really should be starting with the 11 Naismith has in mind for the semi and go for a morale boosting comfortable win and take the key players off after an hour or so 🙏🏼

Naismith saying he expects Beni, Hof and Shankland back for the weekend. You can let your daughter know the good news 👍

The Treasurer
On 06/04/2024 at 20:54, **** the SPFL said:

I expect the OP won't want Shankland anywhere near the starting line-up as he's not signed a lifetime deal so is not interested in playing for Hearts 

Saint Jambo

Good opportunity to get our first 3+ clear goal comfortable league win of the season.

4-0

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I expect the OP won't want Shankland anywhere near the starting line-up as he's not signed a lifetime deal so is not interested in playing for Hearts 

Imo players should sign beyond the lifetime. 

Forget shree or 5 year deals, eternity deals to prove phm status or gtf.

martoon

Just getting this thread back on page 1.

martoon

If we can take an early lead I think Livi might just collapse. They're all but gone as far as their Premier status is concerned and falling behind in the first 10 could well see them fall apart.

Hearts 4-0.