Roy Keane

Tiro

i wish jj was my dad
12 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

As a player he was exceptional.  The performance in Turin in the 1999 CL semi is up there with best ever individual performances.  By the time he went to Celtic Fergie knew he was finished.  I don't know what Keane wanted but he was no longer good enough for Man U.  It also transpired he was not good enough for the SPL either at that point so I fail to see what the grudge with Fergie is all about.  As a pundit he still holds that grudge so it's hard to take serious anything he says as he always comes across as bitter.  When anyone over the border mentions Scottish football it's just white noise.  It's easy to criticise something you know very little about.   

I remember Richard Gough describing his encounter with Keane when he went down south. Keane would have been at his peak but it didn't sound like he fancied mixing it with Gough. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• OTT

• Samuel Camazzola

• Bull's-eye

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bungalow Bill

Great player, anyone disputing that are wrong. Would SAF have played him and made him captain if he was humpty? 

jimbojambo
17 hours ago, BigAlim said:

The perception of Scottish football from down south is never going to change, I’ve had plenty of conversations with folk who support the likes of Watford or Leeds who are utterly perplexed by the concept of me supporting Hearts and are quick to ask if I have an English team.

15 years ago I was in school in Edinburgh with classmates who liked teams like Sunderland and West Ham and didn’t even have a Scottish team. On this very thread you even have actual Hearts fans who are very quick to downplay our stature and standards. 

We’ve got our own thing going here, the opinions are already set in stone and they’re not going to change no matter what we do, how big our crowds are or what standard we reach. 

At the end of the day I’ve been to games in which Hearts weren’t playing and I just couldn’t bring myself to care.

I totally agree regarding not caring who wins unless Hearts (or the wee team) are playing. Keane is paid to be a wind up merchant and unfortunately added us as an after thought. I agree about Michael Stewart who thought he was big time when he joined us but never really showed it. Just have to laugh and not get wound up 

gregzy2k7

It's fun and easy to stick the boot in to scottish football isn't it?, all a bit boring now tbh, problem is all the english or epl commentators/ex pros seem to do it tbh so it's not going to change anytime soon.

As others have said though, he got beaten by that said pub team 3-0 at tynecastle and also lost to clyde in the scottish cup early rounds, so should maybe be a little bit more humble with his comments.

Anyway, who gives a toss, It's mountain out of a molehill stuff.

P.S I Wonder what he thinks of the Irish pro leagues, that are even worse than our own?

On 04/04/2024 at 23:15, soonbe110 said:

Think your 30k is as big a story as most of these pundits come up with. We currently sell about 18-20k home fan tickets at home games.  Where are the other 10k coming from? Buses coming from the west to support us? 

Totally agree. The waiting list will have a minimum of 4-5k of folk who have added out of fomo. 

5-10 years of third place and European football with a few cups and we can maybe then talk about extending the stadium but right now from a business perspective it’s silly talk. 

soonbe110
33 minutes ago, red said:

Totally agree. The waiting list will have a minimum of 4-5k of folk who have added out of fomo. 

5-10 years of third place and European football with a few cups and we can maybe then talk about extending the stadium but right now from a business perspective it’s silly talk. 

👍

AlphonseCapone
On 05/04/2024 at 10:41, Shooter McGavin said:

Are people actually upset with that? 😂

Some of our fans are the biggest cry babies going.

Shooter McGavin
Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

Some of our fans are the biggest cry babies going.

Folk trying to kid themselves on that he was a s*ite footballer because of something he said as a bit of banter 😂

It’s like the wee guys that get a knockback and then claim the girl was a minger anyway.